LCD Overlimit Skill Holder

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 29, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/overlimit-skill-holder/

prologue: Why would they store something as rare as this Overlimit Skill Orb in the mine's warehouse rather than the nation's treasury? Or some research institute if there is such a thing? Even more so if it was called something dangerous like World Ruler?

That aside, I wonder what he'll fill his other six slots with.

How is the MC supposed to know which Lulusha is his granddaughter? Is the name so uncommon that there's only one in the Federation?

So far, I'm not terribly impressed with this skill. Its definitely useful, but it doesn't feel ten stars useful.

C1: "Which means, I automatically learned the 【Orb Detachment】 skill I saw from a distance." Ah, now that's more like what I'd expect from a ten star skill. He should definitely pick up some passive skills that help with perception. I expect World Ruler can't copy them (at least, not easily), and they'd help him to acquire new skills more safely.

C2: I wonder if he could better copy the skills if he slotted them, used them a few times and then unslotted them. If the inefficiency is due to his lack of perception, then actually being the one to use the skills should fix it I would think.

C4: "But, what if they ask me where I got this knowledge from?" Well, he could always say that his former master was an alchemist and that he saw the ingredients and saw them cure petrification, but didn't actually know their names or where they came from.

C8: It seems odd that he didn't find anything he could use to dye his hair during that entire trip.

Lurking likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm coming to despise hot spring chapters/episodes. They just automatically lower my opinion of the quality of a series. They add nothing of value while generally distorting the tone of any series that doesn't already exist in the gutter. Worse, they hardly ever have any originality in them. You can very nearly copy+paste any given hot spring episode into any anime or anime inspired story, change the characters' names, and it'll still work just as well as whatever the author would have written themselves.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't it be far easier to find the items he needs if he got the experienced adventures to help him look?

LolMania likes this.
  4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "I thought it wouldn’t suit my character then." What? Wtf would he care about that when having black hair can get him killed?

I'm still not getting why he won't even try to describe what he's looking for to people who might be able to tell him their names. It'd be thousands of times easier to find them if he knew what they were called. As it is, he's relying solely on plot armor to allow him to find them.

Astaroth likes this.
  5. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he means that he wanted to dye his hair when he was still living in Japan but thought it wouldn't suit him.

Gin_Hindew and jacobpaige like this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, that makes way more sense.

7. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad LNT picked this series up since their translation quality is usually pretty good, but it sucks waiting a few months for them to catch up to where the old translator left off.

8. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I would have preferred them to start where foxaholic ended and gradually fill in the prologue and chapters 1-16 over several weeks.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to wonder why anyone is even willing to fight Medusas if this is how they'll be treated even if they win.

Gin_Hindew likes this.
  10. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried reading the LNT version from the beginning since they are so close to being caught up with Foxaholic and I needed a refresher anyway, but I found out this is a case where the LNT version is higher quality

Their version is full of the same awful "little brother" "big sister" cringe that was in the earlier releases.

11. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it really normal for lightnoveltranslation's website to take at least 3 min, sometimes 10 min to load a page? Its frustrating to binge read this.

Update: 5th spotify song and its still loading

12. Jakeel94

Jakeel94 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No its not normal, they are having issues with there site provider they are working on resolving. Normally a great site. You can read up to chapter 17 on foxaholic.

13. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, i settled on fox. I hope they can fix it soon.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll kick all their butts using their own skills. With Stamina Enhancement, he might actually be able to use them without passing out. Well, except for the magic skills anyway.

If he does though, then I have to wonder how he'll explain it.

15. Jakeel94

Jakeel94 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This it will be a little while before he gets a real grip on his ability. Just passing wise i expect the party to split before he enters OP realm

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'm expecting most if not all of his current party members to die rather than him leaving them.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that was clearly a lie. I guess he thinks the MC didn't hear their conversation.

18. eulerman

eulerman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just binged this. The pace seems ok, the release speed is good for a jp novel. The premise seems interesting. Now I only need more chapters to see how the author flesh this out.

19. Jakeel94

Jakeel94 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This Author is really good IMO. He has another Novel out called Rule Breaker i think its pretty good. The Systems he comes up with are fresh.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the mythril rank sadist will make it to the city before or after the dragon.