Recommendations I am hitting the reset button...

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by udin-san, Sep 1, 2020.

1. ArashiKitsune

ArashiKitsune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh right I have a list of one shots that are pretty good if you want to give it a try.

I'll post it later if you are interested

2. udin-san

udin-san Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be very helpful :D
    I never considered reading oneshots before. Maybe it's time to give them a try.

3. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    Something light? Your list doesn't seem to be what I consider light... eh. Maybe include more descriptions of what you want to read? Like, do you want romance? I'm assuming no based on that selection.

I second The Second Coming of Gluttony, Lord of the Mysteries, The Charm of Soul Pets. I absolutely love these three. Divine Throne of Primordial Blood is more questionable, but I'd still include it because it's pretty solid.

Here's a list of my favorites (since you seem picky (not a bad thing)). These are novels that have stayed with me for years. I've read a lot (see my Hall of Fame and Liked reading lists lmao) but these are my favorites that I picked based off the list you provided.

Definitely:
    Master Hunter K (completed)
    Night Ranger (completed, the ending was kinda open, but good novel)
    Spirit Blade Mountain (one of the derpiest and funniest things I've read. Depends on if you like this type of comedy though.)
    Star Rank Hunter
    The Amber Sword (a classic)
    The Devil's Cage (actually good. Serious, but not depressing.)

Dunno if you'd like these...
    The Human Emperor (lots of war/battles chapters, but interesting characters. The hype moments!)
    Doomsday Wonderland (An actually good female MC???? Wow)
    Monarch of Evernight (Kinda dark, but not depressing yet? I haven't read much, but the quality seems fine.)
    The King of the Battlefield (I like it, but some people say that it's dropping towards the ending. It's kinda dark, but the hyppppeeeee moments.)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    udin-san likes this.
  4. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly i dont want to offend anyone. I was just suprised.

5. ArashiKitsune

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, before I forget... again here's the list of one shots:

Let's go with just this, if you like it, I have a few more I can give

SayMrrp and udin-san like this.
  6. eyeZach90

eyeZach90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually one reason the completed novel list can be short is because the for you to complete it.
    1)the novel has to be completed
    2)translator has to complete it
    I have very few complete bc of that.

SayMrrp and TaffyGirl13 like this.
  7. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    udin-san and SayMrrp like this.
  8. GGbookluver

GGbookluver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My House of Horrors. Honestly it's a must read. I never finished, but I can't put it down. It has more than a thousand chapters, and I can't remember if the starting is slow or not, but I know that it didn't take long for me to get hooked. It's really original despite having a system. And as the name mentions it's a horror book. But it has such a nice mix of humor too. Most times humor in horror makes it less terrifying, but MHOH handles it amazingly well. Some people complain that it gets to action-heavy as the story goes on and the humor dwells down. That is true, but I really likes the action , after all it's horror first.

Lord of the Mysteries. Very complex though. If you don't like complex storylines and worldbuilding it might not be for you. The characters are pretty well done, but the main selling point is the world. It's Completed by the way with over 1000 chapters.

Btw LOTM and MHOH are mainly focused on the MC, side characters change constantly.
    (Except the ghosts in MHOH)

Doomsday Wonderland. Like you I don't tend to finish what I start reading, but I do go back a lot. I didn't really read a lot of this, but it has a strong female protagonist as the MC. Which was what really sold the story, an FMC that wasn't annoying and falls for every person she meets. She is weak in the beginning, but hse gets strong fairly fast.

(All the above have horror as a subplot or main plot)

Another thing might be Trash of The Count's Family. I don't think you'll finish this, it's a leasure type novel. The type you read when you're in the mood for something calming. The Story has a very cunning a manipulative MC, but it's very lighthearted despite some dark themes. I never finished it, but I have not forgotten, and I still go back every now and then. You get swept away. Does get repetitive though.

Running Away From The Hero. I laughed a lot in this. A nice comedy to get away from the dark and plot heavy stories I usually read. Try the first two chapters, it gives you the feel of the whole story.

I'm just putting Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint(point of view) here, It's completed with over 500 chapters. I don't know if you'll like it. I didn't finish and while I want to... I have far more exciting books I'm reading so I always forget to go back to this. I read a fair amount, more than 300 chapters. It's really interesting with a good MC and actualy surprising plot-twists. You might or might not want to read this, because there's a Manhwa already out ongoing with 19 chapters(1 per week). It has pretty good art, so you might want to check that out. All in all it's a nice book, plot-heavy, fleshed out side-characters, character development. Loved it.

Oh Yeah. None of the stories I mentioned have Romance. I'm not a Romance person, and avoid stories with it.

This is all I can remember right now. Good luck.

PS. Maybe I'll try your idea of removing my reading list, I have yet to even touch any of the novels in my "Looks interesting" or "Planning to Read" list. :p

FIEND and udin-san like this.
  9. GGbookluver

GGbookluver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... I just saw the no horror part. Lol, guess those recommendation won't work. I usually read Dark and Horror.

So...
    - Trash of the Count's Family
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/trash-of-the-counts-family/
    - Running Away From The Hero
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/running-away-from-the-hero/
    - The Villain and The Cannon Fodder's Mother. <Has a weird charm, It's a fluff novel. Has Romance. (https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-villain-and-the-cannon-fodders-mother/)
    - My Whole Family Are Villain < Don't remember much. Not a fan of fluff, but it might be interesting to you. https://www.novelupdates.com/series/my-whole-family-are-villain/
    - The Novel's Extra < a lighthearted version of Omniscient Reader, not nearly as good though. https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-novels-extra/
    - Crossing to the Future it's not Easy to be a Man < People say it's good. I read some of it, definitely something I would read when I was in my cultivation phase.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/crossing-to-the-future-its-not-easy-to-be-a-man/

Okay! That's All I know.

udin-san likes this.
  10. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh oops, I just saw the no horror part too haha. YBCB has light horror since it involves ghosts from murder cases, but it’s more just extremely descriptive rather than scary. And it has a lot of fluffy, humorous moments throughout, with a focus on the importantance of love from family and friends :)

udin-san likes this.
  11. udin-san

Reading List:
    Link
    It's perfectly okay to recommend them, I actually read horror stories. It's just that I'm not in the mood to read them currently.

TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  12. udin-san

Reading List:
    Link
    So many recommendation and they all seem interesting. I also did read some of them.
    I'm afraid I'm gonna go back to my previous habits lol

True that. But the thing is, I remember I already read some series until the beginning of the final arc and left it there.. :(

13. TuranTHESuperstar

TuranTHESuperstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mooore please

14. ArashiKitsune

Reading List:
    Link
    Kek, well here's the rest on my list... I'll need to find more soon. Btw its been a while since I last read the one here so I can't remember how good it is.

• 10PM Door-to-Door Sales
    • Bluebird, Redbird
    • I Have Reincarnated into「Welcome to the ○○ Town!」Townsperson A, But the Last Dungeon Was Right Around the Corner
    • Me, a Hero? Not Possible!
    • Otherwordly Kitty-Cat ~Reborn as a Cat~
    • Seijo-sama ni Nante, Watashimasen!
    • The Noble Girl Who Had Her Engagement Broken Off, Today as Well Pushes the Prince off from the Tower (not exactly a one shot since there's 6 parts to it)
    • The Probability I Can Kill My Wife Without Being Found Out
    • There Is an Angel in That Church
    • Until the Saint Loves Back
    • Villainess or Heroine? First and Foremost, That is the Question?
    • Wishing Happiness unto an Idiot Sister
    • When I Chant Ignite, Black Figures Next to Me Would Strike a Match
    • The Story of Girl Whose Two Childhood Friends Confess to Her. And Her Attempt to Hold Them Together, In a 3P Relationship.
    • The Destruction of a Triad Boss Trilogy (Also not a one-shot but quite short)

udin-san likes this.
  15. Wosefiz

Wosefiz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see someone recommending this so i will.
    1. Spare me great lord
    2. The First Order

I laugh so hard reading this

udin-san likes this.
  16. eyeZach90

eyeZach90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've had that happen several times also. I think sometimes the tone changes in the last arc and I kinda have to power through it. Legend of the Sun Knight and A Wild Last Boss Appeared come to mind.