Your Idea energy tank

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UnGrave, Sep 6, 2020.

1. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I find I have a very definite amount of energy I can throw at certain hobby tasks before all my motivation suddenly disappears and I find myself slogging through a task that I no longer find fun. For example, I can write a story for about 1000 words at a time before I find myself dissatisfied with the ideas I've come up with, and I scrap the thing I was working on. Of course, unless I'm working for a specific deadline, I stop working on the hobby for a long period of time before I recover my sense of desire to continue the hobby.

Does anyone else find that they have a very definite amount of energy that you can expend on creative tasks?

Deleted member 155674 and Chu2 like this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmmmmmmmmm... For me the hard part is actually starting tbh. I procrastinate a lot and shy away from doing the things I want for some reason.

But once I do start up on it, I basically go all the way until I'm done with what I wanted to do, or I run out of time.

Liola, 01, juniorjawz and 2 others like this.
  3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    *looks at the first chapter of the two shot she’s been working on for six months* >_>;;;; Yes.

UnGrave likes this.
  4. Chu2

Chu2 Sunshine~

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll suddenly have an idea that I can obsess over for days but then I don't have the energy to do anything for weeks/months at a time.

UnGrave likes this.
  5. hansora

hansora Someone Who Seeks Fluff & Heartwarming Stories

Reading List:
    Link
    Once, I wrote a story until I reached Chapter 60s and suddenly stopped because I thought my ideas were bad, five months later I resumed the book until Chapter 290++ something because I couldn't decide on the ending

Usually I'd lost the drive because lack of ideas and confidence, it's actually hard to stay focus on something if your heart wasn't p to it

UnGrave and KizunaAi like this.
  6. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, the beginning is the most hardest. I don't have confident to start but once I start I will do it until the end

hansora likes this.
  7. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Energy for Hobbies are only limited by my stamina. I find that the amount of energy I can spent around other humans to be much more limited, even when they are required for said hobbies...

8. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    I always procrastinate... i can leave a novel im translating for 1 year just because im not in the mood
    I also need to be in the mood/have inspiration when I draw if not my drawing looks shitty no matter how I look at it

KizunaAi likes this.
  9. RayPeest

RayPeest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always randomly come up with ideas and usually just note them till I feel like working on the project. Once that feeling comes, everything flows and it goes great until the motivation stops to which I would do something else until that feeling comes back or the deadline comes along.

10. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a fcked up mind that whenever i start to think up ideas, i'll dive deep into the slaanesh's hidden stash of fcked up ideas that might awaken a new fetish as i only pass by there and entered my mindscape and go back to the fcked up room before coming back to the real world.

I basically just went to some kinky sht for only an vanilla romance story or simple plots. I don't know why i can easily entered the dark abyss of fcked up mindscape of people's weird sht in their minds and i don't wanna know. Also, who keeps adding more Scat to that place?! FFS! The handholding is literally buried in sht!

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    creativity? assignment task used to be need lot of creativity to complete it~ copied here and there, tweaked here and there, lil bit modification then foala~
    do you mean art related stuff? nope never done that~ closest perhaps how to create speech or something like that so people buy this cat stuff? but that just basic skill for merchant no? how about research various game record to beat your chess opponent?
    wut no one else so that here?!
    da heck you doing!

12. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys have energy????!!!