Is there a word or phrase you hate?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Hegao, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Brago130sf

Brago130sf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a few (Generally i'm referring to there words as subjects, objects, or main focus of a phrase
    1. Religion
    2. God (in any language or form)
    3. NTR
    4. It's for your good
    5. Culture
    6. This is against moral values/code of conduct

2. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ? My Facebook feed has several white people who regularly complain they are discriminated against because they are white and Christian in the US. The government and Atheists are out to get them apparently. Considering white Christians make up the majority and hold most money, property, corporations, etc. it used to be fairly rare for white people to feel that persecuted, but somehow they manage it more these days.

It's easier to take them seriously when white people are discriminated against in places they are minorities like China and Japan. Plenty of real racism in most countries including mine.

3. Jeonjkook

Jeonjkook 徐明浩我的男神

Reading List:
    Link
    Useless
    That's the word i hate the most cuz everytime i do my best i got that word lol

Baldingere and 01 like this.
  4. Zhaernon

Zhaernon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate a certain phrase that once used by somebody tends to be terribly overused. Specifically ',is it not?' and its variations.
    In novels when used by characters it just ends up being cringey and constantly looks like they're about to keel over from not being able to make even a single damn decision in their lives without going about self-doubt.
    "I'm wrong, aren't I?" - who the f you asking?
    "I'm lost, aren't I?" - well, you're either lost or not, pick your poison.

I met only a few people irl that used this expression excessively and all of them seemed to be anxious and uncertain to extremes, talking with them for any length of time was a pain and pure irritation.

5. 01

01 [REDACTED]

Reading List:
    Link
    Mansplaining and misogynist if I heard someone said that near me I'll slap them no matter what even if it cost my life.

Anra7777 likes this.
  6. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, I really hate men saying they hate this question. When I ask it, or something similar, I want a genuine answer so I don’t humiliate or embarrass myself in public. One time I was at my Dad’s, and the only mirror I can use there is from the top of the shoulders up. I bought a tee shirt while in the city and wore it, not realizing it was see through. (It looked opaque when held up.) If either my dad or my husband had just told me I was wearing a see through shirt, I would not have worn it all around the city. Do you know how embarrassed and ashamed I was when I found out?!

7. Akabane

Akabane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking and acting normal but being told to "calm down". It totally does the opposite to me and makes me want to punch the person in the throat.

8. CuberAzrael

CuberAzrael 『 Hymn of Gratitude』

Reading List:
    Link
    More often than not when people know they can say what they want, it's not accompanied with a sense of responsibility of their word.

"I'm just saying that, there's no need to get offended" "What? You angry? I'm free to say what I want"

I also hate this phrase because when given the freedom of speech this kind of people says and gives their thoughts, but without any responsibility, and any thoughts on the consequences.

You are free to say what you want sure, but when you say something that hurts other or even go as far as to make damage doesn't mean you don't have any responsibility over it.

This kind of people, thinking they are a noblemen with divine words, while they are actually ignorant fool that's not any better than a pig when given the ability to speak. Disgusting.

imK likes this.
  9. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk why but i have a strong aversion to verbally saying "thank you" or "i love you" to family, because I'm always thankful and love them lots. I know that sometimes saying it out makes all the difference in the world tho, so i push through it.

Berserker likes this.
  10. Drunk2nLink

Drunk2nLink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I was agreeing with you, freedom of speech law basically allows you to say whatever, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse to be a jackass

CuberAzrael likes this.
  11. Drunk2nLink

Drunk2nLink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree here, I also think it means much more when said less often, then its not just thrown around

Berserker and SwordDrake like this.
  12. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally someone who understands! The worse thing that can happen is that my gratitude and love becomes cheap, then when it matters, it wont have the same weight.

13. CuberAzrael

CuberAzrael 『 Hymn of Gratitude』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this happen more than you think. <(-︿-)> what a sad thing.
    I'll give you a cola if you invite me to slap them.

01 likes this.
  14. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Wake up, you're gonna be late for school."

CuberAzrael likes this.
  15. littleoctopus

littleoctopus White Lotus Slayer ✦ Villain Sympathizer

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't liked the word asked. Hearing people try to say the word in a sentence makes me laugh but also annoyed at the same time

16. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    You do have a point, but to be fair. One could be seen as you think I’m fat. While the other is definitely the clothes and is in no way a reflection of persons actually body. Than again maybe the dad, boyfriend or whoever. Didn’t get the right lighting in the house and couldn’t tell. Either way.
    I am sorry you had to go through that thou.

Anra7777 and CuberAzrael like this.
  17. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thing is, I know I’m... chubby. But the thing is, the mirror doesn’t give you an accurate view of yourself. When I look in the mirror, to me I look fine. Then I look at pictures, and I’m like “oh, god, am I really that fat?” *cringe* So, when I ask my hubby how something looks on me, I’m asking for him to tell me what the mirror’s not showing me, in case something looks bad. I have a lot of clothes I used to be able to wear fine, and now may be hard to tell if it works. Maybe there are women out there who would get mad at him for telling the truth. Me, I’m grateful, and go put on something else.

imK, AliceShiki and Cutter Masterson like this.
  18. CutieCatty

CutieCatty [Following Kalto's Step] [Hibernation]

Reading List:
    Link
    "No cakes and snacks anymore"
    Says the angry mommy

19. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I like women that are a little... chubby. Your hubby is very lucky. As to taking pictures. I believe most people are their own worst critics. Us average people when taking photos. Always think mugshots. So don’t feel to down.
    As to a man responding to the question “Do I look Fat in this?”. I stand by my comment. I don’t like that question.

imK likes this.
  20. Berserker

Berserker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Equality" - I hate this phase.
    Most of the ppl don't even try to think about the meaning of this word. They just say please treat everyone equally. Like hell? Do you actually know about me? or her? or him? or whatever s/he did to me or my past or just my preference that led to the reaction I gave?