Recommendations Magic technology

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by redanxela, Sep 5, 2020.

1. redanxela

redanxela Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So currently, I thirst for some magic with a little or a lot (whichever) technology mixed in it.(Something like Sword of Dawn breaker) shouldn't be an OP world setting (preferably kingdom building), since if it is, the magic technology will be redundant.

Basically, I just need another version of Sword of Dawn breaker.

2. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't read Sword of Daybreaker, but sounds interesting
    Not sure if they're matching with what you're looking for, but maybe something like
    Youjo Senki
    The Villainess Will Crush Her Destruction End Through Modern Firepower
    Magi Craft Meister
    Knights and Magic (mecha)

Anime/manga: Princess Principal

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  3. GunSeraph

GunSeraph Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's also:
    Magic Industry Empire (more MagiTech and Economy: His first "invention" is a magic powered fan)
    Release that Witch (a bit more Industrial Revolution and creating modern Weaponry using witches)

animefan217 likes this.
  4. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    Advent of the Archmage maybe? I really liked the novel, but I don't remember how much technology is in it anymore. It has the automaton tag, so that's something at least. From what I remember, the tech isn't really focused on, but it exists. It has the Kingdom Building tag too!

It's completely translated, but by Qidian... Hey, it's one of the actually decent/good Qidian novels! Not as good as Lord of the Mysteries (top tier novel (even beyond Qidian), has magic, but not much tech beyond industrial rev.) and Night Ranger (Similar to Advent, but maybe a little better... no tech though.)

5. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    The Last Science
    In emergence of Magic in modern world, magic is seen as new science, although not all magic is bound by natural science and even straight out ignore physics law it's clear that magic have pattern and have it's own rule. First batches of newly awakened people are from college and surrounding area, they learn magic by pattern, make hypothesis, try discovering it's limit, and it's own rule, creating dozens of spells, incorporated natural science to those spells then trying various ideas, where they make mistake and where the succeed at, lot of experimentation in the process of learning then carry those findings accordingly. They approach magic with scientific method.
    And when Magic leaked to there rest of country and even oversees, government founded state owned Department of Thaumaturgy (basically magical research department) so far they studied magical detection devices, magic fueled lamp and engineering magical house/base I think? Some of the end goal are world hunger and pollution. Magic become new force and tool used by mankind to tap into.It's early but magical technology is being researched.

There's also people and many awakened magic users who see magic as strange, beautiful and even downright terrifying, because it give more (or too much) personal power to some humans, those magic user basically become armed with plethora of dangerous spells and until know there's not known way to seal their power, even handcuffed magic user still can use magic. Not to mention lot of trials for discovering each new spells, some (if not most) failed to do so come with lot tragic events. That's why some people believe that magic is not something human should tangle with.

6. redanxela

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds a bit like TMA. Thanks, will check it out.

7. redanxela

Reading List:
    Link
    Will go through it. Sounds a bit Japanese though(n)(n)

8. redanxela

Reading List:
    Link
    I read magic industry empire some times ago, doesn't really click with me, but I'll look it up again. As for RTW, who hasn't read that!?:blobwink::blobwink:

9. redanxela

Reading List:
    Link
    Completed both. Advent of Archmage is really good, but tech isn't a lot though, mostly only appeared early and mud chapters. As for night Rangers, I think that one doesn't even have tech. Or maybe I'm wrong

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    SayMrrp likes this.
  10. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Night Rangers doesn't really have tech inside of the story itself. It's more tech-adjacent, as the premise is that the MC reincarnated into a Magical World that seems to be based on a VRMMO he played. But there isn't really all that much, if any, actual technology in the story itself.

11. ishaan

ishaan I Eat Potatoes

Reading List:
    Link
    Age of the Gods: a VRMMO story (Almost exactly what you're looking for, it even has a skill for MagiTech)
    Warlock in a Magus World

12. trylant

trylant Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Empress gigolo. But not to mush tech the mc travel in 2 worlds

13. Yoplat

Yoplat New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a novel but I am the sorcerer king is a really good manga/manhwa with a magic system that is intricated with real world technology.
    Transforming electricity to mana, nuclear magic..
    If anyone has a recommendation of a novel similar to this (Where magic uses science for inspiration) it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  14. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope it gets picked up ad seems to be on a hiatus