LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Neiden

Neiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nimitz, Baldingere and diamonds like this.
  2. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate that my RSS auto-open scheme doesn't work because you lot are lurking in the Discord or whatever. But at least I don't have to lift a finger to start reading.

3. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh boy. Van's gonna have a FEAST!
    I wonder if souls can be cooked. Huh, it might be a combined skill of Death Magic and Cooking. CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL!

Chuuni001 and DarkZealot like this.
  4. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love that curse. Perfect for punishing a**holes, most people would think twice before they start something that would harm others for their own benefit if the damage they deal will be reflected on them.

Paps likes this.
  5. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    So whose familiar spirits have the Murakami bunch acquired?

Paps likes this.
  6. secretish

secretish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd assume either Rodcarte made some for them, or somebody in Alda's faction gave the familiar spirits to the bunch as part of their cooperation to get rid of Van. Probably won't know which until next chapter.

Paps likes this.
  7. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also start the bets here, how much will Murakami's group doubt and who will die first? Or will they all die at once in an anticlimactic way? place your bets ladies and gentlemen

Baldingere and Paps like this.
  8. Digital Gent

Digital Gent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering that Fitun felt his ribs in horrible shape, and later we see one of his Heroic Spirits fighting against Knochen with broken ribs... Seems like Fitun is actually just feeling his followers in pain. If Gufadgarn manages to deliver the souls to Van during his fight, I'm wondering if Fitun will just go manic or collapse from feeling the sensation of having "his" soul eaten several times over.

9. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think form Alda and his bunch giving that Rodocorte is kind of allied to them rigth now.

10. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I feel like Alda still has some doubts about the reincarnators since so far they haven't really done anything, so I was guessing that the familiar spirits were those mindless ones that Rodcorte creates to run his system, since Murakami doesn't seem like the type that would like for another being that has a will to dwell within his body

Paps likes this.
  11. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It cna be but such a mindless one would be as usefull?

12. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean Marukami seems like the type that wants everything to follow his exact idea, so the only thing he'd want from the skill familiar descent would be the power boost that comes with it
    He doesn't seem like the type that would need or want the input of someone on how to execute his plan

Paps likes this.
  13. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you, so any mindless spirit descet would do for the power boost? If so then problaly thats the case.

14. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the things about familiar spirit descent is that the user must be mentally alined with the god that is sending the spirit. The easiest way to do this is being a devote believer of the god. The reincarnated people dont really worship any of the gods so they cant get any from the lambda gods. They can get some from rod because he gave them the skill so the could communicate.

Nakakure and Paps like this.
  15. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    family spirits are basically machines, robots that do not usually communicate and designed to fulfill certain functions, or that is more or less what they say when they compare the normal family descent with the fall of the devil

Paps likes this.
  16. Fundle

Fundle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually familiar spirits differ from what type according Rodcorte. Aran and the other familiar spirits have a conscience and can run things. But lots of times familiar spirits are like you describe machines set to do a task. Gods or pieces of gods that have limited or no will. But since they are part of a gods power when they are destroyed it creates major backfire of the god that descended. It depends on how much of themselves is descending. If it’s a lot like luvs( evil dragon in swamp god) it hurts a shirt on on the recoil. If it’s only a little it’s not as powerful. But it depends on the god. And the compatibility between the god and the user. All the ones by fitun’s are falsely bodies. So bad Compatibility so a time limit. I’m interested to see not only what god sided with Murakamis group but also to what extent of power can they draw to the compatibility.

Eddy andres likes this.
  17. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, you are right, I had forgotten that there were some family spirits with their own egos and identities

18. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    The ice spear was a good example of a god's familiar spirit having its own ego, damn thing was an annoying shit too.

Eddy andres and Baldingere like this.
  19. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe some of Murakami's group will give up during the fight and beg to change sides. These guys are gonna realise that Van can eat their souls faster than they can say "adios" to their perfect next lives.

20. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They already know he can eat their souls. It was mentioned in the chapter. Murakami is arrogant enough to think he can get away with it and that Rodolt actually is capable of sealing Van.
    The descended heroic spirits are less about compatibility as they are trying to force B or weaker class adventurers to use Divine level skills. Their bodies just can't hold up to the full might of divine possession.

Baldingere likes this.