LCD The Healer Demands Payment!

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jul 30, 2020.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps she should charge him by the word... ;)

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I know they're trying to paint Lu Qingran as the bad guy here, and I doubt her motives are as pure as she claims, but honestly, I wish more people would ask these kinds of sensible questions when the MC does stuff that doesn't make sense. Usually, they just shrug and think, "Eh, everyone has secrets. Best no to ask."

That aside, I wonder where she'll say she got the information. A random white fox cultivator that she saved? Su Junmo who would probably play along? Her master that she so far hasn't admitted to having? Highest Heaven, where she could totally have acquired the information in numerous ways?
    Didn't she already mention this to the first guy when he wouldn't leave her alone?

3. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC she did, but only to him, but neither have mentioned it to, or near, anyone else that we have seen.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "there have been rumors that Meng Qi colluded with the devil beasts." She's seriously lucky that one of the MC's followers didn't explode her head for this.

5. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there have been rumours, & she should know since she was the one who invented & spread them... :p

jacobpaige likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. I totally wasn't expecting the fox to mistake the cub for the MC's and his master's child ;)

Though, now that he knows that's not the case, I wonder why he doesn't suspect that the cub is his master. I mean, I know the cub is much too young to be his master, but I can't imagine that things that physically regress people are unheard of in a cultivation world. Uncommon, sure, but not unheard of. Given the quality of a monarch's enemies, uncommon things should be fairly normal.

I get the feeling that Lan Zhuxuan would die horribly within days of leaving the sect. She just has no awareness of the importance of not pissing off people much, much stronger than her, and doesn't even come close to having the necessary backing to survive acting like that.

7. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    Meng Qi was originally murdered for getting in her way.

Meng Qi originally took several months to find the cure for the vine, & yet now Lan Zhuxuan has a viable in hours?

Either her "cure" isn't viable, & her patients are going to die, or the reason Meng Qi was originally murdered is because Lan Zhuxuan is a ringer/mole.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You're confusing Lan Zhuxuan with Lu Qingran.

9. KurouDaijuji

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering if she'd really cured them. I wasn't sure one way or the other though since both outcomes work. Honestly, I'd have preferred it if they were cured since then Lu Qingran would feel like more of a threat/adversary/protagonist.

KurouDaijuji likes this.
  11. 5d100

5d100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She probably didn't cure them, or used something and they're going to relapse with something much worse soon afterwards. That's typically how these novels play out iirc.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope she charges them for this. They really don't deserve her benevolence.

lunarshadow and KurouDaijuji like this.
  13. 5d100

5d100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course she's going to charge for this. she's not going to pointlessly build up Karma with these people that she's leaving behind.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why they're so certain she's a punching bag. After what they did to her, they should have expected something like this and either opened with apologies and gifts, or tried to negotiate the price rather than argue that there shouldn't be one.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Three chapters released at the same time, and yet, the story hasn't actually progressed at all. So. Much. Padding.

lunarshadow likes this.
  16. Deleted member 265239

Deleted member 265239 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler, i will waiting for the next update :blob_plusone:

jacobpaige likes this.
  17. Ricelord

Ricelord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get that she's pretty kind and heals people and what not but I feel the force of the author's entire brain trying so hard to forcefully shove it down our throats.

18. 5d100

5d100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, this is needed to break her away from the sect that she's in now. That's what the padding is there for. At least, these releases.

She finally said, more or less, I'm done with this sect. I'm gone.

19. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel sorry for the Qingfeng Valley sect leader. She's almost like a bystander who's caught taking the flak. Yeah, she was too hands off in her leadership, but the cascading collapse of her entire sect and personal reputation because of one affliction she wasn't aware of is soul crushing.

20. 5d100

5d100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The issue is that she brought this upon herself. It takes only one block to bring down the jenga tower that may have been years in the making.