Discussion Homophobia. Why does it even exist??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alairia, Sep 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alairia

Alairia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    2020 and why are some people are still homophobic? The amount of goddamn times I've seen people comment on socials medias that homosexuality is unnatural, disgusting or call it a mental disorder is astonishing. BrOTHer, iT isn't unnatural at all, sooo many animals in the goddamn nature display homosexual tendencies. Also, some other people also say that a woman NEEDS to be with a man cause they can procreate. Did they forget that adoption exists??? Oh and the people I loathe the most are the ones who say "ITS AGAINST GOD, YOU CAN STILL REPENT, YOU HAVE TIME. JESUS WILL SAVE YOU". STFU THEY DON'T WANT YOUR GOD, mind your own precious business and ascend to heaven by yourself. WHY DO YOU CARE?

I cannot understand homophobic people. Someone explain that stupid mindset of theirs.

2. Zaart

Zaart Deer Master Race

Reading List:
    Link
    well since you start by saying that their mindset is stupid you'll have a hard time getting their answer ^^
    you have as many reasons to dislike homosexual as you have to like them or be neutral to them ^^
    also here before the thread is deleted <3

asriu, Tristan1412, Milanin and 6 others like this.
  3. greeeed

greeeed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People love SAO, your point?

4. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    • A large percentage of humans fear that which is different from them.
    • Some people crave power. They fan people's fears in order to obtain power.

5. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    easy
    some homophobic dude in the last 5000 to 100 years wrote a book about his imaginary friend where he complained about homosexuality
    that book became popular, so nowadays a lot of people are taught based on that book
    now, why that first person hated homosexuals
    no idea, probably was bored and needed someone to throw stones at

Edit: Inb4lock:blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  6. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Its like you like chocolatte but your brother likes vanilla, and this guy wants to have you like vanilla and not chocolatte. Its like that.

7. SinCity

SinCity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's how free will works.

Mnotia, l2ose, pass1478 and 7 others like this.
  8. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Ur right too

SinCity likes this.
  9. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, the Bible literally tells them to preach the *will* of God. With the Bible being one of the most homophobic, racist, and sexist books in existence the outcome was pretty obvious.

Source: Dude who read the Bible.

As for homophobic people who aren't Christian, namely my family, it's simply a mob mentality of making themselves feel better by denouncing something that to them *isn't natural/right*.

10. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Was going to respond with the first point myself, but you beat me to it. :blobsweat: I also think the second point’s probably right.

11. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    there are people hate KPOP bec they kpopphobia. why this still exist in 2020

Exkelsior and I Eat Monsanto like this.
  12. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to comment on the adoption part, because that is not a good argument since a child is born from genes of both a male and a female, by saying adoption, you are implicitly admitting that the child can't come into existence unless you find a straight couple to do the deed
    Beside, if you want to know why homosexuality is feared, you should look into "Sodomy" both religiously and historically...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2020
  13. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    In essence, a same sex relationship amounts to nothing, there's no linking of bloodlines or having a child together which goes against the physiological drive to breed. I guess those who have homophobia are more sensitive to that and well, there's also the consideration of..... rape. Me, I don't really care if your homosexual or not, but since my mind is always divided, one doesn't care and the other cares, worrying about the people's mentality and doesn't quite understand.

Adoption doesn't really give that connection that a sense of blood does, sure, you can adopt someone, but they aren't truly your child, you may be their parent and they may be your kid but are they truly, do they have your characteristics, personality quirks, or understanding of the world as you do? Which kind of comes having someone of blood related to you while they raised you; I see that I'm a mix of both my parent's personality quirks and well mentality is partly physiological. One's DNA constructs the body, one's DNA comes from both parents. One's DNA brings similarities of the child to both parents so they're easier to understand between each other.

It also makes me wonder, do you know why animals have the drive to breed? Have you seen deer/elk fight to claim harems of females during breeding season and NOT "breed" with the same sex, it's to keep their race/species growing, something homosexuality kind of goes against, also have you seen male animals of said species try to fuck during mating season? It's more like they fight to claim women, lol.

14. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait deja vu?

otaku31 likes this.
  15. Fp401

Fp401 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you realize that young koreans use the name of your people as a way to discriminate and categorized people by skin color, basically be racist you start to hate them.

Shizukani likes this.
  16. Dsn1

Dsn1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

I think this is one of the stupidest question I have ever heard. Why some people hate woman? Why some people hate other races? Why some people hate animals? Why some people hate others? Why some rich people hate the poor? Why some people hate the rich? THEY JUST DO.

Better question is: Why do you care?

17. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah~ *sprinkles some sugar* :blobsmilehappyeyes:

18. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    whats the point of starting a conversation on a polarized subject where one side will get in trouble for even speaking their opinion

19. Einzwalker

Einzwalker Cook-Protagonist Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol when you already answered your own question that makes you frustrated.
    The answer is this

Tristan1412 and Exkelsior like this.
  20. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno, I'm christian, but I feel God gave everyone free will so we have no reason to judge people for their choices because it's their right. That being said most people are judgmental douchenozzles.

Mnotia and Shizukani like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.