Spoiler I stole the child of my war-mad husband/전쟁광 남편의 아이를 빼돌렸다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by magical_al00, Aug 18, 2020.

1. AnnaArpa4

AnnaArpa4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for your spoilers.I feel bad for Rea.Ruppert is really a trash as a dad who killed his own daughter:blobangery:

FunSmiles, beazacha, Sarah13 and 12 others like this.
  2. Zyphera

Zyphera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact that Rea forgot Ruppert's face is proof of how negligent he is of his own daughter— so even if by some miracle he hadn't killed his wife and child in the original timeline, and all it was is some stupid misunderstanding, he's still a complete piece of sh*t in my opinion. No child should be raised in an environment where their own parents don't acknowledge their existence.

Tad1989, Dofu, jaenn and 73 others like this.
  3. Screamletter

Screamletter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In OG timeline, rea and noel killed bcs of ruppert curse that urges him to kill people near him. The curse will get stronger when it trigger his feelings. And in OG timeline noel said it's better that the monster like ruppert doesn't born. But yeah i still can't forgive him for neglect his own daughter whatever the reason is

Dofu, nyxxx, By.Eve and 34 others like this.
  4. Zyphera

Zyphera Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I see. Who's willing to bet that the author is going to whitewash Ruppert by claiming he was staying away from his family for their own good to prevent himself from hurting them? When I think about it that way, it is plausible and it would make sense given his circumstances with the whole curse debacle. If that really is the case, then that's pretty pitiful— it doesn't make me dislike him any less, but I do sympathize with him a little because it must be lonely not being able to be close to others.

He's still a piece of sh*t though.

Riji, Plum2112, Kanika jain and 59 others like this.
  5. lil-mcfile

lil-mcfile Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why cant you mtl at kakao (╬▔皿▔)╯

but the hubby who is supposed to be the ML kind of sucks
    author should just divorce them and have the FL find a better man.
    why do have Koreans trouble with the concept of divorce , every novel I read the FL still stays with the Husband and just gives excuses for his behavior from bevor .
    Like, No Girl you can Leave him, even if he is the Baby-Daddy of 20 of your childrens
    ╰(艹皿艹 ). why dont they value themselves more (╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    syofiaa, Tiis_Ganda, aineria and 52 others like this.
  6. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Plot twist she ends up with the reverse trap.

I mean the daughter seems too like her more then her own father as of now

And long ago I would be been suprised that readers fell in love with a ML whod kill there own daughter in the OG book but after reading some discussion on certain books....well its believable. Just make him hot and all is forgiven. That's seen in real life too

I question the OG female lead too. I'd question her sanity if she knew what the ML did and still decided to get together with him just like I question the sanity of most MCs. If he killed one kid what's stopping him from killing another

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  7. veivei

veivei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter did the FL start to leave her husband and suggesting to divorced???

8. SayuriMou

SayuriMou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Divorce! Divorce! I don't like the ML! :blobcat_rawr:

9. Screamletter

Screamletter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When noel and rea go to market guarded by aisha ren (everyone still doesn't know he's a girl), ruppert see aisha talking happyly with noel and feeling little jealous.

Ruppert sleeping and thinking why he want to know more about noel but doesn't want to fallen for her too.

Dofu, AnnHime, Kyyiiq-q12 and 29 others like this.
  10. prenkuchan

prenkuchan Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yo, I understand you don't like the theme but be a darling and don't cuss out asian authors yeah? You're always free to completely ignore an artist's work. If you read it, it's your prerogative. Y

11. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't give a blanket statement of Asian authors. There are many many authors all around the world writing shit books like these.
    Classic M&B romance authors like Lynne Graham, Lucy Monroe, Iris Johansen and others have written books ONLY with abusive MLs and slug MCs. The current-gen romance novels are filled with pathetic bully/ criminal/ abuser romances where the MCs are physically assaulted, raped and tortured and then go on to live HEA with the MLs. In fact, a couple of days ago someone recommended a 'dark' romance novel (GR rating 4.89 and 2000 fucking 2000 ratings) between a human trafficker ML (legit human trafficker, he 'trains' and sells kidnapped women as sex slaves) and MC who is one of the kidnapped girls. He trains her, falls in love with her during this training and HEA.
    The thing is, as English readers, we have a sense of the market and we know what is there and how to find really good ones. We can't do the same for Asian novels. We r stuck with what TLers choose and as evidenced by a 4.89 rating by 2000 readers for a human trafficker ML, they r more likely to choose something similar.

It is wrong to think only Asian authors write stuff like this. Just as there are good novels and bad novels in Western market, there are good novels and bad novels in Asian markets too. We just have to find them

12. vesperia

vesperia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This resonates so much.

I grew up reading the regency romances of Judith McNaught and Jude Devereaux and MLs with dark pasts. There was so much emotional blackmail and power struggle I wondered if women really wanted to be subjugated in relationships IRL. While regency romances of that kind and this particular novel aren't exactly similar, the tropes remain the same. (I call them dirty books for a reason. They're junk food. Guilty pleasures)

I don't really agree with the tropes that keep getting recycled, at the same time, these are fantasies. The redeeming factor of novels like these isn't that the ML gets the MC. It's the MC providing that satisfactory accomplishment of getting the guy that's highly prized by society, becoming the object of envy, being appreciated for their latent talents, and most of all, being recognized as special and the readers experience all these through the MC. And while not all readers are alike, it is the formula (and narrative) that commercially works.

syofiaa, yukihibari, Dofu and 21 others like this.
  13. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link

exactly preach
    just look at 50 shades of grey, the grand daddy of shitty abusive CEO romance glorified

a lot of women like these over bearing men troupes, but i fail to see how justifying shitty actions= great relationship

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2021
  14. Serphinalily

Serphinalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't justify the mindset. It's just giving context on what is available in the market. As vesperia said, "trashy guilty pleasure" books sell. People shouldn't bash "all these Korean/Chinese/Asian" authors for their abusive character in a generalized manner. Just as we see abusive MLs and family members in these translated webnovels, there are also lots of abusive MLs and family members in English language literature (just look at the cheap self-published ebooks in the Kindle store - there's lots of "trashy guilty pleasure" books just as there are rare gems). It's not right to blame abusive relationships on a culture or group in general. Authors and translators are humans too. Just as there are English readers who love those "trashy guilty pleasure" books, there will be authors and translators who like them and choose to write/translate them too. Because we only see the stories that end up being translated, we end up only seeing a small segment of what is available. It's not right to just blanket statement judge a whole group and culture when we only get a limited view of what is available.
    If you don't like a story, just do the same thing you do with an English language story - put it down, walk away, and don't touch it again. We don't see people reading "trashy, self-insert" novels in English then running around saying "all English speakers are trash with abusive MLs who have no redeemable features and what is wrong with all of these English authors. There must be something wrong with British/American/Australian/western culture."

Dofu, Azurame Neve, Inasible and 12 others like this.
  15. vesperia

vesperia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr eerily mirrors the patterns of abused women, the kind of hopeful behavior in women whose lives are tied to their relationships with their husbands'. It's not a pretty picture and it's unfortunately a reality for some people. Not a good situation at all.

And boy do you find a lot of them free for download.

That aside, I am still looking forward to more spoilers to see how the MC is going to prevail haha

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2021
  16. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    it all comes to surface level attraction. women feel like thats the best they will ever get so theyll deal with his worst

beazacha and vesperia like this.
  17. marizz

marizz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So does anyone have any actual spoilers? This has become more of a discussion page that has nothing to do with the novel now

18. Migrad

Migrad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this novel doesnt seem to be available on google store :blobcry:

spoiler pls :blobalert:

xpeanut, Darcy and lazynoodles like this.
  19. rlnc

rlnc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although i usually hate if the FL forgive her BF/husband who have done bad deeds to them in their previous life of next world or whatever it is in the scenarios of these isekai.. but for this story i was actually kinda hoping that the FL and his husband will stay together though, since they have a kid together already...

staradorned, Inasible and saix2 like this.
  20. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what if they have a kid? That's not a valid excuse to stay in a toxic relationship (which unfortunately happens a lot in real life). The dad is trash so it would be better if FL gets a backbone finds a better man for herself and a good stepfather for her daughter and nothing of value would be lost. Her husband ain't the only man in the world and he's bottom of the barrel tier at that. Blood doesn't mean squat if he was never there for his family to begin with, even worse he killed his own daughter in the OG story (regardless of whatever contrived excuse the author makes for him) and the only reason he started caring now is because FL wants to get away from him. If she remained the same the story would've happend as it is and the only one who gets a happy ending is the sh*tty husband after murdering an innocent child. People should really stop giving leeways to shitty fathers... Moms in fiction and IRL get villified immediately for lesser crimes. Imagine if the situations were reversed you certainly wouldn't root for the ML to get back with the FL then.