Spoiler The Girl and the Beast/She and The Beast/The Lady and the Beast

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by RaiLi, Sep 4, 2020.

1. mijikado

mijikado [Unorganized Member]

Reading List:
    Link

Right? He's just like a cute little puppy :blobmelt::blobmelt:

To access the Raw, the 2 biggest plateforms are Kakaopage and Ridibooks (you can click for the link :blobokhand:). As the novel is destined to a mature audience, there is an age restriction in both of these 2 sites:

- For Kakaopage, sadly it's impossible to read unless you have a korean number :blobcry:

- For Ridibooks, you can pass the Adult identification (proving that you are 19 or more with your passport via "Inquiry") and then buy the Novel directly (5000 won = about 4.3 dollars for each volume. It's still cheap but pretty expensive compared to other novels though :blobsweat_2:)

....After that, the main problem is to MTL the novel (very very very long process :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:)

2. Fenrironcrac

Fenrironcrac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Theodore was actually cursed by Martina then why did the curse affect Atlenta family? I mean it was passed down the family for generations even though they were loyal to Martina.

Viliel, ariane09, michoux and 4 others like this.
  3. Novelplease

Novelplease Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for sharing these infos. From these what i can infer is that theodore doubt he love Martina? Also there's a glimpse of their past in the webtoon Martina sayin she realized Theodore didn't really love her. Uuuggggghhh I want to know their past life so badly. Why the king made Martina brandish her sword at him in the end? :notlikeblob::hmm: Spoiler pleaaaassse :blobalert::blobalert:

4. RuuChan

RuuChan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the information!!! :blobmelt: Too bad it’s only exist in kakaopage and ridibook :blobconfused: I’ll patiently waiting for translation and spoiler then :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

5. Irenne

Irenne Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Evilnature

Evilnature Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried my hand on editing chap 15-21 of themanhwa just cause it was too good
    In case anyone is interested, I'm just editing the google translate version, will try to get to 21 by today as the end is very satisfying and Benjamin's effort to be the hero as the damsels who can handle themselves is hilarious
    *In the main room*
    Vassal 1: No, is that true? That's absurd. The Grand Duchess is obviously neither educated nor grace

Baron Vernon: This is the first time in my life that I feel so insulted. The Vernon family has devoted our life to the Grand Duchy for 3 generations, but she dares question my honesty and sincerity

Vassal 2: Even though Count Leta is a long-established family, if they went bankrupt, would she have had such a comfortable life?

Vassal 3: I don’t know how she tamed the Grand Duke, but something fishy is going on. Made me think something must have happened to His Majesty behind your back

Baron Vernon: Its all to get a successor. Let’s discuss…

*Astina barges in with the dog, I mean the Duke

Vassal 1*stand up*: Who the hell?

Vassal 2 *climbs on the table as the Duke walk by*: Ahhh! Somebody help!

Astina: I'm Astina Van Atalenta, it's a pleasure to meet you all

Baron Vernon *stood up*: What’s going on, Grand Duchess? Hasn't we finished the greeting ceremony reserved for the Grand Duchess?

Vassal 3 *trembling*: That’s the spot reserved for the Grand Duke. You cannot come to this place

*vassals muttering*

Astina: Does the owner need a reason to visit her vassals?

Baron Vernon: Grand Duchess, you are calling yourself the master. But how can the wife become Your Highness if the Grand Duke is still alive?

Astina *hold up document*: As you can see, I will be in charge of managing the Grand Duchy in the future and that's final

Astina: I won't hear of anyone’s opposition except that of the Duke himself

*Theodore yawn*

*Astina throws the paper to Baron Vernon*

Baron Vernon *fuming*: This, this is ridiculous!

Vassals gather: How could the grand duke who isn’t in his right mind...!

Vassals: This is a document directly approved by the Grand Duke. Right?

Butler Oliver: Yes, yes… That's right...

Astina *touch Theo*: Theo.

Astina * strokes his fur*: Do you have any complaints?

* Theo remembers Astina's threat and shudder*

Theo *in fear*: Woof!

Astina: There isn’t any

*Astina walking Theo in the hallway*

Astina’s thought: Looking at it, the transfer document doesn’t have much effect on the vassals. It’s a shame but this is a start.

Astina: Oliver, get me a summary report on the Grand Duchy’s current assets and ongoing businesses by today

Butler Oliver: Yes… Your Highness

Oliver’s thought: Domineering, majestic, and dignified. I have never seen any women like her in my life.
    If… If Empress Martina was alive, wouldn’t she be showing the exact same impression?

*Meanwhile, in the capital*

Benjamin: I would like to take a break from my studies and go visit Archduke Atalenta.

Old dude (his father maybe?): Why Archduke Atalenta all of a sudden?

Benjamin: Ms. Astina married the Grand Duke to repay her father's debts. Since this is a forced marriage, I have to free her

Benjamin’s thought: This is my second leave of absence... Will he really allow it?

What will I say if he asks me whether I’m going to kill the beast over a woman…

Old dude: How?
    Are there any legitimate claims for her to divorce Grand Duchess Atalenta?

Benjamin: First… We have no choice but to dig into the legal loopholes of a trading marriage.

Old dude: And what if there aren’t any loopholes?

Benjamin’s thought: If it doesn't work, I have a last resort…

Old Dude: Would you regret your choice if it doesn’t work out?

*Benjamin silently confirms*

Benjamin’s thought: Astina, I, toward you...

*6 years ago, summer*

Benjamin: Why are there so many people? *crowd talking*

Student 1: How gutsy is this girl? Is it even sane to fight against Adolf?

Benjamin: What's going on?

Student 1: A freshman is fighting with Adolf over the right to use the training ground

Benjamin: What?

Benjamin’s thought: Did he say the newcomer quarreled with Adolf?
    That little girl... ?.
    Poor Adolf
    Ep 16

Astina: As per regulations, all students of the Velache Academy have the right to use this training ground

Adolf: Ha, you’re just a kid. Why don’t you get lost before you get hurt, huh?

Astina: Your tone is too rude.
    Can you be a wise knight if you judge a book by its cover?

*Adolf frowns*

Crowd: What is this kid saying? Where did you learn such lines? Does it come from a romance novel that your sister lent you?

Astina: If this is the level of chivalry you've been accustomed to, I recommend you switch teacher

Benjamin’s thought:That’s harsh.
    She’s not saying anything unreasonable though

Adolf: This little… Get lost while I’m still being nice

Astina: Would you like to compete against me?

Adolf: And how will we compete? Chopping log?

Astina: Okay!

Adolf *shrugged*: Ha, Get out of here! You are just an eyesore

Astina: Why are you changing your mind? I would be glad to chop the log for the right to use the training ground

Adolf: How does chopping some dumb log validate a woman’s right to hold a sword?

Adolf: Don't be ridiculous, fuck off!

Benjamin: Hey.

*Astina throws a glove to Adolf’s face

Astina: I, Astina, request a duel to defend the log’s honour

*Adolf is baffled “what…?”*

*Benjamin tries hard not to laugh “PFFT!”*

Adolf: this… this…!
    You will regret this!

Adolf: You won't even be able to withstand this blow with that thin wrist of yours.

*Astina moved forward and blocked him right away*

Adolf’s thought: Did she just block my sword..?

Swipe off!

*Crowd gasps*

*Astina held her sword over Adolf’s neck*

Astina: It seems the result is clear

Adolf: you… What are you

Adolf’s thought: and with such a shabby sword... !

Astina: In the future, don’t come to the training ground if you see me here

*Adolf sniffle*

Indicator:15 years old.

Astina: Did I overdo it toward a child?

*Crowd scatters* Astina picks up her gloves*

Benjamin: Hey!

Benjamin: Did you say your name is Astina Leta? Nice to meet you. I'm Benjamin Leandros.

Astina: What do you need with me?

Benjamin: Is your swordsmanship that good? Because I want to spar with you too.

Astina: I already won the bet.

Benjamin *getting nervous*: Oh, I'm not betting, I just want to train with you and get your guidance.

Benjamin: There aren't many people who can use the sword like you do. Please don't refuse me my chance (to train with you)

Astina: Astina Leta. Nice to meet you!

Benjamin: Benjamin Leandros. I'm counting on you.

*A month later*

*Astina chopping log with her sword*

Benjamin: I haven’t seen Adolf since then

Benjamin: Did you say that you’re in the politics department? It's surprising that you didn’t choose the swordsmanship department

Benjamin: Why are you working so hard?

Astina: I must train myself. Because it is dangerous to be weak.

Benjamin: to be strong huh?

Astina: Why do you learn swordsmanship?

Benjamin: Well…. There was someone I wanted to protect....

Astina: If so, you should be stronger. Raise your sword, Benjamin.

Astina: Only by becoming strong can you avoid walking the path of regret

Benjamin: I almost knelt down subconsciously. I really can’t get used to your tone.

*Back to the present*

I'll be there soon, Astina.
    Theo has completely become a pet
    *At the Gran Duchy Atalenta*

Vassal 1: Has anyone make a protest of the current situation?

Vassal 2: If someone is dissatisfied, she asks them to speak with the Granduke themselves, as the Grand Duke’s office is always open

Vassal 1: What kind of shitty situation is this?

*Vassals sigh*

Baron Vernon’s thoughts: In other words, we have been here for over three generations, but the cheeky bitch is acting like this is her home!

Baron Vernon’s thought: Most of Atalanta’s vassals are corrupted. It’s said that the problem was born together with the beast. They pocketed the Grand Duke’s enormous wealth, and when the Grand Duke turns into a monster, they become even bolder and start embezzling the family’s assets. And seeing how the heirs all have the same disease, they were convinced they can continue to do this for another 20 years as long as an heir is produced

Baron Vernon’s thought: until Astina appears… (Astina: From now on, Ill be managing the Grand Duchy)

Vassal 2: Anyway, she’s just a young girl so we shouldn’t be too worried

Other vassals nod: It will be easier to deal with her if we unite together

Vassal 2: However, it’s still difficult to get rid of her completely as the Grand Duchess is still legitimately the owner

Baron Vernon: We don’t even have to work too hard

Baron Vernon: Just spread the rumour that the Gran Duchess ran away at night and was never seen again. Who would care about a disgraced Duchess?

Vassals: Oh! That's a very good idea! It’s the Grand Duke who lost the Gran Duchess. Now then, tell us how and when to take her away.

*Vassal 3 Barges in*: Something big happened!

Vassal 2: What’s with all the fuss? Can’t you see we are in the middle of a meeting?

*Vassal 3 yells*: Baron Arder Jun has been arrested

*Baron Vernon turns worried*

an hour ago at Astina’s office

Astina’s thought… This is terrible

It's autumn soon, but the water supply maintenance work for winter is delayed. Compared to the size of the construction, the material quantity is too small while the price is too high

This means that the difference went into the manager's pocket.

Astina: Who is this construction manager?

Oliver: Ah… Baron Ardel Jun, he’s actually outside the mansion. He has been here since morning to protest against your Majesty the Grand Duchess. However, he was acting so aggressive that I didn’t dare to let him in

Baron Arde Jun: Stop the dictatorship of the Grand Duchess!

Astina: Hmm.. Oh right (remembers something)
    Theo!

* Astina throws him some meats and he caught it like a pro*

Astina: Is it delicious?

Oliver’s thought: For the Grand Duke to be called so easily...
    No one ever thought of taming the beasts (Theo gives Astina his paw)
    Even if I knew it, I wouldn't dare act on it.

Oliver’s thought: He’s a bit clumsy when pretending to be a pet too, but how fortunate it is.(Theo plays dead when Astina shoot him with finger gun) Maybe this is all God’s will...

Astina: Oliver, bring your knight and bring Baron Ar del Jun over here.

Oliver: Ah yes.

Astina stroke Theo’s chin: Let me hear what he has to say.

After a while (theo lying down wagging his tail)

Ar del Jun: Let go of me! I can walk on my own

Astina: Baron Ardel Jun, I was waiting.

Ar del Jun: The Grand Duke’s secretary is really lawless now

Ar del Jun; As a vassal, I can no longer withstand your Majesty's dictatorship!

Astina: I didn’t bring you in because you were shouting in front of the mansion.

Ar del Jun:..… Huh?

*Astina throws a book at his feet

Ar del Jun’s thought: that...Is that the ledger?

Ar del Jun: No way, this, what is it.

Astina: If you don't know about it, you must be a fool. If you ignored it, you will lose your title, and if you know, you will be punished.

Ar del Jun: Please forgive me, Grand Duchess! I was poor so I become greedy. Please punish me!

Ar del Jun’s thought: Even if I get punished, it will only be a fine or probation period under the imperial law. It's a hundred, no, a thousand times better than losing your title!

Astina’s thought: So all the subjects are like this....

Astina: Are you admitting your sins?

Ar Del Jun: Yes, Majesty!

Ar de Jun: You may see me as impudent, but I have worked tirelessly and loyally over the past 10 years

Astina: Astonishing.

Ar de Jun: Yes…?

Astina: After being hauled in as a suspect and then exposed to his embezzlement, you dare utter the word loyally. I would advise that you choose your word carefully

Ar de Jun: Grand, Grand Duchess!!

Ar de Jun: I, I am a body with a wife and kid at home

Astina’s thought: In fact, the author's sin is not very serious. Rather, among those who commit corruption, he is the lowest.

Ar del Jun: How would I support my family a semi-baron without inheritance?

Astina’s thought: But what I'm aiming for is ...

Ar del Jun: Poverty was tough and I lost my senses to momentary temptation

Ar del Jun: Please pity me-

*Theo wakes up from all the yelling and went toward Ar del Jun, growling*

Ar del Jun:Ahh!

Astina’s thought: There must be a more simple way

Ar del Jun *trembling*: Ahhh!

Astina: I don't believe Baron Ar del Jun did this.
    So… Can you tell me how much you know?
    Don't even know what to think of Elysee
    Ep 18

*Astina taking Theo for a walk*

Maid 1: The Grand Duke and the Grand Duchess… Don’t they look too cool?

Maid 2: It's amazing that she arrested the vassal as soon as she takes office!

Maid 1: Don't even call them vassals. What kind of vassals teal their owner’s property?

*Astina is throwing meat for Theo to catch*

Astina: I don't believe this was done by Baron Ardel Jun. So, how much do you know

Ardel Jun:.. so scary. We brought in a lion

With the confession of Baron Ar del Jun, all those who committed corruption were captured together with the head of the vassals.

They were the ones who enjoyed the most power since the advent of the monstrous Grand Duke.

Oliver’s thought: I thought something was strange, it all makes sense now...

Now no one dares go against such a clever person like her.

Maid 1: It turns out that Baron Vernon was also caught and thrown in jail?

Maid 2: They said he will serve a life sentence, but Elysée's got quite ridiculous.

Maid 2: They said that there was someone who helped him, and she’s attractive...

Maid 1: Was it you the maid who pampers that baron?

Maid 2: I don't have anything that's so attractive.

Elysee *shout*: What did you guys say now?

*Elysee walks in*

Maid 2: Why did I say something wrong? It’s all true...

Elysee: … this wench!

Maid 1: What are you doing, you crazy?

Elysee: Everyone looks closely. That’s what happens when you talk about others carelessly. Maid 2: Are you really crazy?

Elysée, you can’t do this anymore.

Maid 2 smirks: Baron Vernon was captured. Everyone knows

Elysee lowered her head:... yes I know

Elysee shout: So please leave me alone

*Elysee ran off*

Maids: I can’t believe she defended Baron Vernon. Is the rumor of her and Baron Vernon true after all?

*Elysse stopped and reminisces*

*four months ago*

Elysse: Don't do this, Baron. I have a fiancé in town.

Vernon: You mean that little serf? A maid can find someone much better than him

Elysse: I and he are in love. Please let me go!

Vernon: Once I got rid of my wife, I'll give you a titled too. your body is sullied anyway, where will you go alone? Listen to me

Elysee’s thought: The blame and praise were addictive. When he said that I was pretty, I felt like I was really looking pretty, and when he said I should give up, I was really going to give it up.

Still, even though he forced himself on me the first time, afterward he was very friendly, as such I stop resisting.

Vernon: You know that I care for you

Elysee’s thought: I was guilty of abandoning my body, so I broke up to my fiance and cut off contact with my parents.

Increasingly, I was annoyed by my colleagues. I gets angry at small things as I was anxious and couldn’t sleep

And after a while

Elysee vomits: -woo...

*Elysee chased Vernon and got pushed away, she chased after him till she fell and he looked down at her*

Vernon: Right now, the owner is not at the estate. It would be of great help to me if I only get some inside information

Elysse: My... My throat may be cut off if I get caught.

Narrative: Oh, poor Elysée. When an unwedded girl has a child, she cannot live anywhere peacefully

She did everything she could to miscarriage the child, but-

But

Elysse: yet-still alive.

*Elysse carries the laundry basket and someone throws a towel in her face

Maid 3: Until when do you want to drag your feet? You slow poke! Because of you, everyone has a lot of work to do!

*Elysee fought back then ran away*

Elysse: I can't live like this.

Elysse shout to Vernon: I'll do whatever but I ask you please protect me

Vernon: I thought you would want me too

Narrative: Baron Vernon spared Elysee for bringing information. With the baron on her back, she defeated her colleagues,

Elysee: I tasted the sweetness of power. Isn’t this what I wanted?

Narrative: Baron Vernon continued to brainwash her. (Vernon: We are in love), so this kind of life seemed to continue.

4 months later

Until the Gran Duchess came to produce an heir

Eraien, RaiLi, Tarnar and 39 others like this.
  7. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Theo is so cute

Ep 19

Narrative: The Gran Duchess, like in a fairytale, tamed the Grand Duke

She immediately grasped the authority of the Grand Duke, took control of the mansion, and cleared up the decayed vassals,

*Prison*

Elysee *stroking her belly*: If the Baron dies, neither the child nor I will be driven out. Even if I go back to the village, I will be stoned to death, saying that I am a prodigal woman.

Elysee: I have to beg somehow and get a little money.

Vernon: Elysee…?

Elysee’s thought: This place is slimy, disgusting and smells like sewage.

Vernon shouts behind bars: I thought you'd find me!

Elysse: Baron.

Vernon: Take this…!

Elysee: It’s money!.

This… ?

Vernon: It’s poison.

Elysee: What…?

Vernon: Mix it in the tea of the Grand Dukes. That's the only way you and I can live.

Elysee: Kill… Kill a person! I can't!

Vernon: Will you be safe if I die?

Vernon: Don’t forget you also steal information for four years!

Vernon: If you do not follow my words, you will die too!

*A few days later*

Elysee: I will prepare the Grand Duchess’s tea.

Astina: okay.

Astina petting Theo whos looking at the scrolls: What? What are you going to chew?

Elysee’s thought: If I was such a woman...

Elysee’s thought: I would never have been so weak. I wouldn’t even have a child,

Astina to Theo: Do you want to try stamping?

Elyssa’s thought: Even if I did, it would have been better than anyone else. I would have revenge.

Elysse’s thought: Why should I be so unhappy...? What did I do wrong?

*meanwhile, Astina is teaching Theo to stamp his paw on paper and he seems quite fascinated with this new game*

*Astina noticed Elysee’s belly

Astina: Your belly is quite big

Elysee: It is because I gained weight.

Astina: Whose is the kid?

Astine: It would be better not to take out that thing you’re hiding in your hand

Elysee’s thought: How does she... !

Astina: Isn’t it inside your fists? It would have been better if you mix it in the water beforehand.

Astina’s thought: There must have been an insider who helps with stealing the property. It's easiest to coerce a maid.

Elysee felt down on her knee: Grand Duchess, please help me!

Astina: Do you mean to say that someone in the mansion wants to kill me?

Elysee: This humble thing went crazy for a while

Elysse:Yes, I’m with child.... It is the child of Baron Vernon who got caught.

Elysse: Do you know what it is like to have a child without a husband. You can't even die!

Elysse:Grand Duchess, please spare my life.

Astina: It’s not my responsible to care for my opponent’s child.

Elysee: Your Majesty, how can you be so heartless. I wouldn’t have carried his child if I had known that!

It is unforgivable for an unwed woman to have children.

I was so scared... .

The humble thing just wanted to live!

Astina: Bring it out here.

Elysee: yes?

Astina: That poison, wouldn't you be thinking about using it?

Astina: I will call you again soon. First go out.

Elysee’s thought: Are you really... ?.

Elysee: I’ll go, thank you, your Majesty… !

Elysee’s thought: I have no choice but to believe.

*Astina looks out the window

Astina’s thought *looking at the sword on Theo’s back: Hmm... It's quite well trained, so it should be okay to release this.

Theo whimpers: Kiing... .

Astina: Well? What’s wrong?

Theo’s trembling thinking: I’ve been behaving, Are you punishing me?

*Astina hugs Theo bu he went into a panic*

Astina: Don't cry, did you eat something bad?

Astina’s thought: How did I deal with things in the past...
    I want to punch Vernon, not just one time, and not just one place, like the FL of "may I ask for one last favor" did to the slave trader
    Also, Benjamin might be the most unfortunate side character I ever read, always the almost hero never the hero
    Ep 20

*Our almost hero is back riding a horse under the midnight rain*

Innkeeper: Was the room okay?

Benjamin: Thanks to this inn, I avoided homelessness in heavy rain, thank you.

Innkeeper: There was only one room left, and you were lucky.

Benjamin’s thought: Even if I travel without rest to Archduke Atalanta, it would take five days.... Let's replenish my stamina first.

Waitress: Gosh! Don't do this!

Drunkard 1: What did I do? You will make people misunderstand.

Waitress: You touched my ass just now! You touched it!

Drunkard 1: You started it, you were being flirty, weren’t you?

Benjamin’s thought: What, those low lives..

Benjamin’s thought: Anyway, you can't just leave someone in trouble... .

Benjamin: Hey.

Anista’s knight: Hey!

*Anista’s knight wobbles*

Anista’s knight: You guys, are you bullying this woman because she's a waitress?

Drunkards: Who is this guy?

Anista’s knight: you… Do you know who I am?! your better… I mean. I learned my swordsmanship from my lady.

Drunkards: Fuha! The sword you learned from a girl would be very fearful.

Anista’s knight: Oh, these idiots! My lady is a real genius!

Anista’s knight: My lady .. hic! At the age of six, she learnt etiquette in two days! At the age of ten, she mastered all the existing swordsmanship styles just by reading books!

Even a cart of you idiots won’t be able to beat her!

Benjamin: .. Astina?

Astina’s knight: uh? How do you know the name... ?

Ugh! are u a spy?

*The Grand Duchy at that time*

Astina: Do you know why you are here?
    Baron Veron.

Baron Vernon: Yes… ?

Astina: If you know, then help me clear something up

Veron’s thought: Elysée in the end that bitch... ! She got pregnant and grabbed my ankle but she didn't help me all the way.

Narrative: Elysée told Astina everything she had gone through. It started with Baron Vernon's forced offense against Elysee, who had a fiance.

Most of the Carabella people believed that they had to marry someone before giving their chastity away.

Vernon: Oh no, there isn’t a place for you Elysee. When a virgin has a child, she cannot live anywhere peacefully.

Narrative: Elysee was no exception, so she complied with Vernon, but rather than taking responsibility, the Baron took advantage of her and use the child as a threat. In the end...

Vernon: I don't know, Grand Duchess.

Anista: You don’t know?

Anista’s thought: Geum-soo was not his wife, but the duke’s servant.

Anista: Do you think it’s right to bed this woman?

Vernon’sthought: That girl, did you even tell her she was pregnant? You nutjob!

Vernon: No. She has always been a slutty woman

She is a woman who has a record of breaking engagement with a good man just to get more power at work. How do you know if it's my child?

It's a lie, Your Majesty! Shut your mouth! How dare you defile my honor?

It's unfair! This is unfair, Grand Duchess!

Anista: Elysée said that you raped her.

Vernon: I may have been a bit rough at first, but it was that bitch who clung on to me later

I said I didn't like it with my mouth and I liked it inside.

*Elysee trembling and on the verge of tear*

Elysee: Nonsense! It never felt good!

But how can I go to another man after I lost my virginity

Vernon shouts: IFor a year you made use of my power and went rampaging. How can a rape victim use the rapist's prestige as a shield?

Vernon *got pushed on the ground*: Your Majesty, don’t let that bitch fool you!

Other maids: Actually, it’s true

Vernon: See, Your Majesty! The maids are saying it too. That wicked woman who lied and did evil must be punished!

Elysee’s thought: It’s not like that… Now I'm done.

Anista *walks toward Vernon and looks down*: Baron Vernon. What does her personality have to do with this?
    Last updated chapter on newtoki, Im trying to find a link to the raw novel to make more edit but couldnt find one
    Ep 21

Anista: What does her personality have to do with this?

Anista: The victim doesn't always have to be morally innocent.

Anista: And, you shouldn't claim innocence.

Anista:Since you were imprisoned for committing corruption, you tried to poison the Grand Duke and you still have more words to say?

Anista: I will return the gift you gave me in full.

Vernon: Your Majesty!

Anista: Child support for the child to be born will be withdrawn from the confiscated Baron Vernon's property.

Elysee: Yes Yes… ?

Anista: This is consolation. I will take my responsibility as the owner for not properly managing the vassal.

Anista: Have him executed in three days, keep him in prison for now

Knights: yes, Your Majesty!

Vernon: Let me go!!

This is ridiculous! No!

Anista: Elysee

Elysee: Yes, your Majesty

Anista: Even though you were coerced into it, you still committed a crime

Elysee: Yes. I know.

Anista: I'm not benevolent enough to keep the one who tried to hurt my master.

I exile you from the Archduke.

Elysee: Yes, Your Majesty. Thank you so much for believing me.

*Elysee retreats*

Anista’s thought: I too took revenge on Waldo and survived,

I held my breath and accepted his D***. To think that you are contaminated just with that

I never thought that I had been defiled by that, but in the end I cut my mother's enemies and got enough revenge.

But other women usually don't.

Like Elysee didn’t.

*Back at the inn*

Waitress *kicking drunkards on the floor*: these thugs

You garbage! *keeps on kicking*

You dine and dashers!!

Anista’s knight: Ugh! Are you a spy?

Benjamin’s thought: After all, there is no one else as unusual as her.

Benjamin: I attend the same academy as Ms. Astina.

Astina’s knight: Academy motives?

Benjamin: No, the faculty is different, but we were sparring together.

Astina’s knight: Spar...

Astina’s knight: I’m envious… .

Astina’s knight *starts bawling*: Me, there... Our lady...

Benjamin: Hush... .

Astina’s knight *continue crying*: I haven't finished the last chapter of the swordsmanship that you didn’t teach me!

Huh huh, lady~!

Benjamin: You're the type that you should never drink... .

Drunkard 3: What’s with these two? Are you having a lover’s quarrel?

Hey, there’s only two of them. HIt them!

*fight broke out*

Astina’s knight: I am the head of the Knights of the Count Hissen Oscar Lethe. You?

Benjamin: I’m Benjamin Leandros.

Benjamin: Apologize

Drunkards: We apologize, sorry for the trouble… .

Benjamin: Apologize for the victim.

Drunkard: We apologize...

Waitress: this… I have a request.

Benjamin: Yes?

Waitress *grits teeth*:These guys, is it okay for me to hit them too?

Benjamin: Yeah… About that. Please go ahead.

Drunkards’ thought: How much will it hurt to be hit by a woman. It’s better than being hit by those two guys

*they got beaten into a pulp*

Waitress: Phew... thank you very much.

Astina’s knight:Oh, yes... . That…

Benjamin: You guys, don't even try to retaliate against her. I'll come back then and I won't let you go free.

Drunkards: Yes…

*Astina’s knight grabs Benjamin’s shoulder*

Astina’s knight: Now, it's fate that we met like this, but for now let's have a drink together.

Astina’s knight: You will have to wait a little longer for the rain to stop anyway. I'd love to hear what the lady was like back in the academy.

Eraien, RaiLi, Tarnar and 45 others like this.
  8. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly feel so bad for the child inside the maid

Viliel, ariane09 and michoux like this.
  9. Evilnature

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah would be hard for he/she given how much the maid hates Vernon.

Viliel and Deleted member 262282 like this.
  10. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This guy friend. I hope he is not the second ML and just genuinely concern about FL. Cause he seems to be a good guy and I don't want him hurt.

Viliel, KriFiLinah, ariane09 and 5 others like this.
  11. Phenixia

Phenixia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers!

12. Carolsama1993

Carolsama1993 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found this today .. uwaaa
    Such a refreshing FL ahahahah
    I'm loving how the story is unfolding and the manhwa art is awesome!

I hope to find novels translated :')
    Everyone's spoilers made me more eager to read it hehehehe

Viliel and michoux like this.
  13. mijikado

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooo..... I said that I won't give anymore spoilers but here I am again :blob_pout:

I've finished the last book (actually I just wanted to read a few pages because curiosity ya know :blobxd:, but things became so angsty, sorrowful and sad for my little kokoro that I couldn't even sleep at night so I finished the book instead:blobsleepless:)

That's why I decide to relieve my angst here with you guys::blobupset:

The book began with Theriod who discovered Theodore's portrait.

FYI Theriod at this point seemed to know about Astina's past as Martina, and yes he was Theodore's reincarnation but he had no memory about the past.
    Moreover, when Astina kissed him, he retained his humain form for about 2 or 4 days or something like that before retransforming into the beast.

He confronted Astina about it, and lamented that she had always loved Theodore, and her love for him (Theriod) was all a lie.
    He had thought that it was okay to live in this pseudo-happiness even if Astina didn't love him back, but he couldn't bear it anymore.

Astina couldn't refute because she knew she still loved Theodore and when she was with Theriod she couldn't help but to compare them.
    Even so, she said to Theriod that she lived for him, and she could give him everything she had.
    Theriod interrupted her:
    '' Except one thing. The only thing I want''

It was her love.

After that day, Theriod began to avoid Astina (not eat together, don't sleep in the same bedroom anymore,..)

Before reaching the next couple of spoilers, there are a few things you'd need to know in order to understand:
    - Benjamin (the 2nd ML) was actually a Prince :blob_sunglasses:
    - The emperor had 3 children : Isis, Primo and Benjamin.
    Primo and the Empress seemed to have some grudge against Ben, Isis and the Emperor (or they were simply greedy for the throne I don't know much :notlikeblob:)

Astina supported Isis' camp (Theriod too since he simply followed Astina) and because of this reason Primo hated her too

Later this political tension would lead to the story's climax (including our protagonists' relationship)

Isis the Princess invited the Grand Duke couple to the banquet. Theriod didn't want to go and played the perfect couple in front of everyone.
    As for Astina, since she sided with Isis, she was pretty much obliged to go.
    She went to the banquet alone, and made some excuse to return home early.

When she returned to the mansion, she found a drunk Theriod leaning on a chair.
    She told him about what happened at the banquet.
    Theriod wanted to leave but, iirc right, Astina grabbed him and asked him to not leave.

Well, Theriod pushed Astina on the bed, kissed her then they made some R-19 stuff :blob_pout:

The next morning, Theriod woke up before Astina, and while looking at her sleeping, he took her hand to his face and cried :blob_teary::blob_teary:.
    Astina soon also woke up and saw Theriod crying, tears falling into her hands.
    He begged Astina to love him, in which Astina couldn't dare to say anything.:blobcry:

After that day, their relationship became as distant as ever. Even the employees, who knew the Duke loved his wife very much, felt that something was wrong between them.

One day, Kanna came to the Atlenta residence by surprise.
    (I didn't understand much with the MTL but it had something to do with her Marriage and their parents, even if they were saved by the Atlentas, now the family were known for their bankrupted business. Astina thought that Kanna would want to have Theriod's support but in the end Kanna refused and finally left)

Before leaving, Kanna stayed at the residence for a few days. She found it weird that she rarely saw Theriod (he didn't eat with them and didn't sleep in the same room as Astina) and thought of a couple's quarrel (actually litteraly EVERYBODY thought that it was a couple fight because they knew how much Theriod loved Astina :blobsmilehappyeyes:)

One night, Kanna surprised Theriod leaving the library, but he walked in the opposite direction of his and Astina's bedroom.
    Kanna confronted Theriod (''are you 2 having a fight?'') .
    Of course Theriod refuted and was pretty much obliged to go to his bedroom :blobjoy:

Astina seeing Theriod entering the room was surprised. He asked her if she had talked with Kanna about their problems but Astina just answered that her sister just guessed right.

This scene was pretty angsty too, especially when we read about Theriod's inner turmoil ( almost the whole volume was angsty anyway :blobsneeze:).
    Theriod wanted to embrace Astina, but he knew that he would only be hurt later, as Astina didn't love him, but someone with the same face.

Some talking happened, Astina was desperate and sad, ultimately both of them went to bed and R-19 stuff again :blob_pout:. But this time, according to Astina, Theriod was different than from their other times: he was like a beast (yes it sounded really weird :blobsweat_2: but I think the author wanted to say that Theriod acted like a beast who was craving for love )

Few minor things happened, Kanna finally left and Theriod begun to avoid Astina again :blobsob::blobsob:

If they happened to face each other, their conversation ultimately turned to Theriod saying that he was hurt, and at the same time he hurt Astina's feelings too :blobtired:

I'll return later for the next part now I'm so sleepy :blobsweat_2::blobdizzy:

14. Fayfay

Fayfay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou for the spoiler, can't wait for more. :cookie:

ariane09 and mijikado like this.
  15. lazykitty_99

lazykitty_99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this novel antgsy??

16. LunaticBookworm

LunaticBookworm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you for the summary...

17. mijikado

Reading List:
    Link
    Martina's tragic love story is depicted in volume 4 of the novel.
    Unless someone buys the book and gives spoilers, we'll have to wait for the Manhwa to catch up. But yes me too I want to know about their past!!

What I got from Astina's inner monologue from the vol 5 is that Theodore ''committed suicide'' (by using Astina) because of their ennemies, but I don't have any idea about the context. :blobsweat_2:

What I got from some reviews is that:

Book 1 is fun (it's pretty much proved by the manhwa until now :blobrofl:)
    Book 2 contained some unecessary fillers
    Book 3 concentrated on the developpment of Astina and Theriod's relationship + the Imperial's conspiracy
    Book 4 and 5 talked about their conflicted feelings and all the angst :blobupset:

I only have the vol 5 and their emotional problems are dragged on a little bit too much for me (when almost half of the book was just Theriod saying ''I love you, you don't love me but I want your love" and Astina was like ''I don't know if I love Theriod or I still love Theodore'' ) :blobupset:

18. LunaticBookworm

Reading List:
    Link

thank you for all your translations for each chapter..

19. LunaticBookworm

Reading List:
    Link

thank you for all the spoilers.. it really make wanna read the novel.. I hope it got pick up and translated...

mijikado likes this.
  20. RuuChan

RuuChan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you soooo much for the spoiler!!! You made me wanna buy the bookk so baaadd :blobsob:

mijikado likes this.