Recommendations Searching Long and "Happy" Harem/Polygamy-Romance Stories

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by LegionUnderground, Aug 25, 2020.

1. LegionUnderground

LegionUnderground Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heyho,

After quite some time has passed, i wanted to ask again for some recommendations for fluffy harem stories.
    I will try to keep the text part short and use bullet points instead xD

What i'm looking for:
    - Harem/polygamy Romance (2+ girls) with all the girl falling for the mc actually end up with him
    - Happy setting (some Drama for story is fine, but nothing really bad like rejected love, death of loved one, rape etc.)
    - long stories (nothing with only ~2-3 volumes or less then ~200 chapter etc.)
    - Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Original etc. doesn't matter

Arg, ok i kinda have to write little bit more :x
    I am super sensible with sad stuff, so i want all girls with feelings for the mc actually end up with him (sometimes it already bothers me, if i expect a girl to fall for the mc just because i misinterpreted some hints and she doesn't end up with him). So i'm just terrible with handling rejected love, death, rape, most slavery etc.... i don't like it if girls have to suffer badly... i prefer fluffy stories with just some smaller drama for story telling ^^

I don't mind what "type" it is, all have pro's and con's. Japanese are often pretty cute but super frustrating with slow romance and dense mc, Chinese stories often have slightly racist & sexist mc's and overall a really old image of woman but better romance and harem development. The only "type" i may generally avoid are fan fiction of very famous stories like Harry Potter etc.
    And regarding the length, i just don't like endings so i prefer stories i can spend a lot of time with ^^

I've already read quite many of stories like that but sadly i started my extern reading list little late, so maybe some are missing on it. Also i'm little picky and dropped many novels that are general in the right direction, but weren't fitting after all. I tried to include those in my list as well, but this part may be lagging completion even more :x

Anyway, my "full" List is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11hGRIzY1UYfFa3A_CSTxaMxIZbJVwhe4rcpfw6FQIus/edit?usp=sharing

Short summary:
    Stories i've read and enjoyed:

A Demon Lord’s Tale: Dungeons, Monster Girls, and Heartwarming Bliss - great, super fluffy and nice (slow romance tho)
    Dragon King’s Son-In-Law - also fun read but again very little harem romance development
    In a Different World with a Smartphone - same
    Shinka no Mi
    My Wife is a Beautiful CEO - my first Chinese story, was really nice
    Spirit Cultivation - original, amazing harem romance, really can recommend
    Chameleon my true face - same author, harem starting suuper slow but romance is still great
    The True Endgame - story is pretty boring, but RL harem/relationship elements are amazing
    Very Pure and Ambiguous: The Prequel - romance was good but racist/sexist mc was super annoying
    Otherworldly Evil Monarch - very little romance, again sexist chinese mc but overall ok'isch read
    Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou (WN) - main story was amazing, sometimes little dark but still fine

Some stories that are often mentioned/recommended but i didn't read because of reasons:
    108 Maidens of Destiny
    Long Live Summons! - (still plan to read, but didn't enjoyed it much the first time i tried)
    Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou - read quite a lot, dropped it after going to USA (got quite serious/sad)
    Womanizing Mage
    Tsuki Tsuki - ending NOPE
    Lazy Dungeon Master - fucking mc... just the start... would love to kill him
    I’ve Became Able to Do Anything with My Growth Cheat, but I Can’t Seem to Get out of Being Jobless - mc is way to much into having slaves
    Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyusoukyoku (LN) - mc prefer to go into brothels??
    Everyone Else is a Returnee
    Mushoku Tensei - stories that cover the whole live of the mc's always feel super melancholic/sad for me :x
    A Step into the Past
    Pure Love ✕ Insult Complex - the past of the girls is to depressing/sad
    That Person. Later on… - LN and WN are different, wn is to sad for me, i hope that the ln will get a translation at some point

Would be great if you would have some recommendations for me (if possible with a short explanation why :x) I'll try to answer on everything here but it may take a few hours.
    Also, if you enjoy reading those kind of stories yourself and have question to titles on my list, i'm happy to help as well, just write me a pm =D

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    Jojofann likes this.
  2. Deleted member 110464

Deleted member 110464 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    LegionUnderground likes this.
  3. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tokisaki_Kurumi I've read quite many chapters of Magika already but stopped reading later on because it got quite serious.
    I think till they did go do ?America? with the huge war? Many girls would die and the "boss" of the oposit faction was also someone special or something like that? Can't really remember, i've read it several years ago. But for me it just got to serious closer to the end so i dropped it.

108 maiden... you probably know what i am scared of so you recommended to skip but... meh... skipping stuff is really frustrating and unsatifying.
    But the dead of the girl especially sacrificing herself for him is just a big nogo for me, soo...

4. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sevens, maybe?

Edit/add-on:
    Chronicles of an Aristocrat Reborn in Another World (started w/ 2 fiancees, so far already got 3)
    Isekai Nonbiri Nouka (already lost count how many. Last count: 2 kids w/ different mothers & another 2 OTW (again, different mothers & not from the previous 2) (^^i) )
    Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! (4 fiancees)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  5. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    @S4TY4 Thanks for your recommendations =D we talked already a little in pm about Sevens;
    I did know about Sevens, but really had to think about why i never read it. Finally i know again:
    I'm little bothered that most of the romance only happening in his "mode" and not by his own free will. BUT the most annoying thing for me was, that the girls don't really like/accept each other and struggle for power even in the epilogue after his death pol (not liking that by itself either)

Isekai Nonbiri Nouka - is on my dropped list but i am not 100% sure why, i think because i really disliked the writing stile, super fast passing of time, no details, everything just "happening" etc.

Chronicles of an Aristocrat Reborn in Another World - doesn't sound to bad, but the characters are REALLY young (like 5-10?) and only 30 chapters are translated so far :x but the original is still ongoing after 8 volumes, thats nice

Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! - I am little sceptical after reading the reviews "relationships are basically only arranged marriages", "no romance, in 100 chapters only 1 Kiss and 2 bad dates", "super bland mc and story" etc.

6. streakingzero

streakingzero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mind all-ages stuff? (no sexual scenes or so)
    I you dont mind, I would suggest Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
    Imo, it has good MC, no 1D heroines, good plot and some action as well as Slice-of-life element. It has no overtly dark theme, the heroines weren't "1 arc and then never mentioned" haremmetes, instead most of them lives together and interacts with one another, and in the end perfectly willing to share The lovey-dovey scenes, although tame, is fluffy. Its focused on emotional aspect of romance
    The first few volumes would just be considered prologue/introduction, and the story would ramp up around volume 7 or 7.5

The series is licensed though so the chapters are gone from baka-tsuki, but I'm sure there are some other copies out there.
    You can also buy them if you want(Ive bought some early digital volumes already and planned to buy more)

7. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    @streakingzero
    About r18 stuff... yes i am fine with all age stuff, i don't need smut... i really like "cute" time together, dates, spending time with each other, kisses etc... (but even that is missing in many japanese stories), i don't need sex at all, i don't really mind it if its there but i skip through it quite often if its just bland sex.

Sadly already know Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, actually i thought its on my list with note were i stopped reading... now i have to figure out again were i stopped... i've read till he got trapped together with the rival of the alien girl....
    Back then i stopped reading because it had really really low level of romance.... it wasn't even clear if the girls really love him or just treat him as friend or even less... got kinda annoyed by it after some time, even if the setup was fun... planned to continue reading at some point when i wouldn't mind the lagging romance so much but maybe i never got to the point you mentioned (past volume 7).

8. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rokujouma's romance starts from the girls. Once they become comfortable enough to pursue Koutarou, they start to watch him closely and figure out why he's keeping them at arm's length. I think you have to get to volume 14 before the girls finish resolving their inner demons and the playful friendships start becoming serious.

Oddly, you should have gotten to Volume 7.5 at least. That's when Koutarou's adventure with Clan starts.

9. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    @TamaSaga sorry for the late replay, had to figure some things out regarding the novel...
    I started reading again and actually finished volume 7.5 but really got worried about the situation. So i started to write with streakingzero quite a lot and he spend a lot time do explain me some details about the novel... sadly i noticed, that there are some things that really make me sad about the story so i stopped again reading
    again, i am super sensible with sad stuff, so you may not think its such a big deal, but it really troubles me a lot :/
    1. The thing with the silver princess was still kinda ok... i would be really sad about the separation and that she would live and die alone in her first live... but at least they would be reunited after 2000 years and finally could be together
    2. The trip 20 years into the past and the "small" romance with the mother of Theia... i was really unhappy with it, again separation but without happy end... really hate stuff like that, but i would deal with it for the other fluff
    3. The final reason to stop again was the situation in volume 23... side character who developed feelings for him and just got rejected because she came to late... before i thought "ok, its sad but with the time travel it was kinda necessary and the author still tried to give it a kinda good ending"... but this was just a sad side story to "spice things up" or whatever reason he had... and that's just stupid... i prefer harem settings because i hate rejected love.... i could deal with Theia's mother and could see it as kinda necessary even if i hated it... but this thing with the classmate is just totally unnecessary und stupid

So at the end i am again without anything to read :x

10. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh, looking back at it,, volume 23 was full of fillers so I just skipped it. Looking back at it, I can't say that I'm interested in the girl that was rejected. She has quite a bit of depth but she doesn't seem to have a charm point

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  11. tweprebet

tweprebet Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm mostly just mentioning this for the sake of actually recommending something, but... might be worth considering Nine Star Hegemon Body Art. It's got less fluff in it than I'd like, but it stands out to me for actually having that fluff written out in it's genre, and it's pretty good at it when it does it. You will end up going for decent stretches without anything much, though. So far it's been good enough all around that it's kept my interest pretty high.
    There is one big sad scene. It ends up about half as bad as it seems, and it doesn't hit any of the confirmed harem members, but... I'm kind of like you, and it was pretty rough. But I was invested enough by then, and it was handled fairly well. Often half the problem is that the MCs just don't really care, so why would I? Anyway, it still stings a bit but it probably made the rest a bit sweeter, so... I wouldn't let it dissuade you by itself.

I picked up Spirit Cultivation based on your list, and... man. I'm relying on the harem to make this one worth it. Too OP to even be halfway reasonably even by OP protagonist standards, yet not OP enough to just be a god screwing around. And virtually none of it is his doing. The one or two things that he has some slight responsibility for take literally zero effort. And so many clones... I don't know why authors love them so much - they're at least as bad as unrestricted time travel when it comes to ruining stories. But it seems plausible the harem will be decent so, onward I go... I guess.

12. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, its me again.
    Just wanted to ask if anyone may have another recommendation for me :x

I was reading Everyone Else is a Returnee in the past weeks but wow... its is terrible... its the first Korean Novel that i'm reading, but i really hope its only this author and not the "Korean stile". Characters seem to have zero empathy! Its sooo hard to read. And its only work, work, work (fighting, crafting) NOTHING else, no slice of life elements, no character development, no romance... nothing... Got really really frustrated with this novel :/ I really hope i can find something else :x

@tweprebet Thanks for that, looks like a typical Chinese Cultivation novel, would you mind to spoiler this "sad scene" and could you also tell me a little about the romance? Would be really great :x

Deleted member 110464 likes this.
  13. kesyr

kesyr Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try " Is it Tough Being a Friend? "
    comedy harem. I did not read long enough to know if he stays with someone. It's a fun read tough.

14. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The best harem novels don't seem to be translated. It'd be stuff like 回到明朝当王爷 where the characters, both male and female are fulled of varied personality and humanity. It really helps that the author likes writing female characters so he constantly tries to find ways to involve them into the story and they get to do all sorts of cool things even when the protagonist isn't around. The problem is that it's written in an old form of Chinese so you wouldn't want to MTL it (although I found that an MTL version actually exists!)

15. tweprebet

tweprebet Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @LegionUnderground

Yeah, NSHBA definitely in the realm of typical Chinese cultivation novel. I think it's a pretty good one, but still. It is what it is, so.

So, one of the confirmed harem members has a good childhood friend. This friend acts as a messenger between the two and also helps the MC a bit where she can. Eventually, she clearly starts trying to get to know the MC better and wants to be sisters with her friend. That arc culminates in a giant battle. The friend ends up sacrificing herself for her friend. Another girl in the same fight sacrifices herself as a kind of confession for the MC, although she was kind of a peripheral character and I wasn't even sure she was a potential member. However this later one ends up being revived, though even by current chapter they haven't met up again.

The romance certainly isn't the focus. But particularly early on it plays a more prominent role, and sets up a better history for the MC and his women than a lot of cultivation novels. The women by his side have pretty solid histories and reasons for why they are with the MC and weren't just picked up along the way. The author also occasionally puts out fluffier chapters - maybe MC and one of his women go shopping, for example. You'll probably get a little of the typical Chinese faceslapping or other idiocy out of it, but the bulk of the chapter will just be fluffy and nice. I haven't seen another Chinese cultivation novel that includes those sorts of fluffy chapters and does them so well. They're really quite nice when they show up. But they certainly aren't the majority of the chapters. The author won't even take every opportunity to write them.

He will occasionally have more ambiguous arcs/relations with others. But it's not the same cycle over and over again. And he won't just capture and forget about all of them, nor will he leave women heartbroken everywhere just because he walked down a street.

I'd say it's worth a shot if you don't dislike Chinese cultivation novels.

16. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey,
    @kesyr thanks, i saw that before as well, but since i always kinda hope every interesting/nice girl ends up with the mc, i am little worried about such a story with most ppl only focusing on the "side character-main char" and not the mc of the story :x i even would kinda hope that the "main char character" is a girl... he looks kinda feminin on the picture and that would "resolve" my problems xD

@ToastedRossi well, i can imagine that there are novels like that.... and i even learned a little Chinese once at uni, but i don't really enjoy mtl much and my Chinese vocabulary comprise of like 50-100 "words"... that may be to little to read ANYTHING not even to mention old Chinese xD

Regarding NSHBA, i wrote a little with @tweprebet to get some more information about the "sad part". Sadly its actually quite heavy, i will try to find someone who's up to date with the Chinese version, maybe there is a positiv turn later... but as it is, i would feel really bad about it :x

sorry for being so difficult, but i really can't handle sad stuff and i'm feeling really bad/depressed for days after such things happend :/

17. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to be in the same boat. I didn't really know any Chinese until I learned it, and that didn't happen until I was an adult.

18. LegionUnderground

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i am already in my mid twenties ^^ But i am in general not good with languages, even struggling with English sometimes (i'm German).

But i would argue that my biggest problem to find enjoyable stuff to read is by far, that i'm really bad with handling death/rejection in novels, just hate it when girls suffer :x So even stories that are mostly fitting can be totally ruined by one or two tragic moments (that don't get resolved/a happy end later).
    That's also why i have to rely on recommendations so much, because I just can't figure out by cover/genre/introduction etc. if something like that will happen in the story or not :/

19. Zains

Zains Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was caught up in a hero summoning, but that world is at peace . A slice of life without much drama but I find it very entertaining for some reason. Though it may not be long but it is frequently updated.

20. tweprebet

tweprebet Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll second I was caught up in a hero summoning, but that world is at peace. I think it probably fits what you want pretty well. It does seem to be much more in the vein of catching all the girls, though. Given it's free to make basically all chapters relationship chapters the larger (eventual) harem size should be a bit more manageable than it would otherwise be. It's still fairly early on, but I'd be shocked if anybody ends up truly forgotten.

I actually came here because I suddenly realized Clearing an Isekai with the Zero-Believers Goddess Clearing an Isekai with the Zero-Believers Goddess would fit your needs well. The harem there is still a bit early. It's to the point everybody involved is aware that's going to be the future, but... it's another dense and slow-even-when-he-gets-it JP protag. It's certainly got it's problems. All around I wouldn't call it even particularly good. But the harem side of things seems solid, and the rest... well if you can accept it what it's never going to be, you can still enjoy it.