Korean Reincarnated Swordmaster

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by 0000000, Sep 16, 2018.

1. burham pratama

burham pratama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Reincarnated swordmaster
    Raw Link:
    http://comrademao.com/novel/reincarnated-swordmaster/ (MTL link with raw attached)
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/reincarnated-swordmaster/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: some body out there, please pick this novel up !!!! This is almost like sss-class suicide hunter, Remember edge of tommorow? the difference is MC keep going back to the time where he is still a child, but the problem is he's an idiot with no talent in martial art. But he is so gifted in another area. He keep getting dead, but he is learning with each of his dead
    Sorry for the gramer, i'm not a native speaker dude
    Description:
    Should an untalented guy like me die?
    Then I’m going to die.
    I will die as you so desire.
    After dying, I will challenge the world again.
    Until I kill this trash-like world!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    GrimVeilRule, Har D Rai and Reak like this.
  2. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You gotta use the template man, or no one will take you seriously.

3. burham pratama

Reading List:
    Link
    What template?

4. bob3002

bob3002 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nusan and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  5. burham pratama

Reading List:
    Link
  6. burham pratama

Reading List:
    Link
  7. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it a gem though?

8. burham pratama

Reading List:
    Link
    It has a good potential, MC keep learning in each of his death. Actually he keep getting dead because of his stupidity.

9. Har D Rai

Har D Rai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have finished this novel and I have to say it is heartening to see your average guy become something extraordinary from dirt , I really enjoyed this novels and would love read it in a proper translation.

Meloman and burham pratama like this.
  10. burham pratama

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, some one have a same opinion with me

Har D Rai likes this.
  11. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I liked his persistence... also I like time loop stuff (for some reason), a very wish-fulfillment type novel, plus in every start over one finds out a bit more, nice and slow development...

Har D Rai and burham pratama like this.
  12. Vinox99

Vinox99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the bests. The novel is too good to stand without a translation.
    Pls, someone pickup this novel

13. Vinox99

Vinox99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    One of the bests. The novel is too good to stand without a translation.
    Pls, someone pickup this novel

14. Vinox99

Vinox99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name:
    Reincarnated Swordmaster ( 전생검신 )

Raw Link:
    1°:
    https:// page. kakao. com/home/48633037
    Or
    2°:
    http:// www. joara. com/ premium_new /book_intro.html?book_code=1068648

NU Link:
    https:// www. novelupdates. com/series/ reincarnated-swordmaster/

Why It Should Get Picked Up:

This novel is incredible, but you don't need to believe me. Here's a review, made by keklel, with words much better than i could ever do.

"It is not too late to think about it, after we become stronger." - Jin So Chung

A true masterpiece.

The start of the story is similar to Possessing Nothing, but I think I prefer this one. Firstly, much more stuff happens in each chapter (plot moves very quickly), and secondly, the MC makes mistakes and is punished severely for them, learning not to be rash in the process. I really like that theme. The MC feels much much more realistic and is self-reflective.

I thought that this particular part from chapter 10, combined with the rest of that chapter, was just a stroke of pure genius:

"All I really did was kill five or six of the village's rogues and no one knew I was the one that did it because there were no witnesses.

In addition, if the deal with the chief is announced outside, the fact that he is rich will be revealed to the public. The countless vagabonds of Murim will come in search of the chief continuously and ask if he has more silver deposits. So, he will not chase me nor will he report it to the government office. However, I cannot feel relieved yet, since he can hire a high-class martial artist and hunt me down.

But this is also a possibility. Most of the outstanding First-class martial artists with high self-esteem are so proud of themselves that they will never accept a request for monetary gains even if he asks for it. It may cost as much as the silver bullion I took, just to hire a master who is beyond my level of skills. In other words, there is no need to be afraid of the aftermath from the village chief right now."

Here, the MC, after just having robbed the village chief, convinces himself that he has nothing to worry about. IN THAT VERY SAME CHAPTER he gets killed by experts who got hired by the village chief to come after his head (his 2nd death). I personally think that was a stroke of pure genius and I've not seen anything like this in any other webnovel other than Daoist Gu (which is another masterpiece btw, definitely check it out).

As for the translation. It isn't great, but sometimes the original words are there in parentheses if you want to see it.

Here's what I like about this novel:

• MC is cool-headed and realistic thinking. When the son of the village head, who has bullied him for years, tells him to clean cow dung, he does it without any complaints (even though he hates doing it). Later on, when 2 bandits show up and rob him, he doesn't try to fight back but gives them all his money and luggage and just walks away, even though it means he has to starve for the rest of his journey, because he doesn't want to risk injury fighting with the bandits: "The regular bandits in Green Forest are systematically promoted to martial arts, so they may be stronger than me from the previous life. I do not know what it would be like if I fought with my life on the line, but it is better to obey their words. Now, I am so disadvantaged because I have no weapons. If I had at least a knife, I would not endure such a humiliating choice."
      • No wasted words (e.g training scenes, cultivation scenes etc). MC says he has to spend 2 months to melt his internal energy, so the author spends all of 3 sentences describing the last scene where he's melting his internal energy. I really like this. If only the author of novels such as Immortal Executioner could learn a thing or two from this author! A year's worth of training is described in a single sentence: "One year passed by quickly.". That's right, when nothing interesting is happening, the author just skips it. Why can't all webnovels be like this?
      • The MC is not so lucky in his 2nd life that he can afford to act rashly and not be killed. In fact, he does get killed in his 2nd life, precisely because he acted rashly and robbed the village chief, even justifying to himself later on that he would be safe (see quote above) . Luckily, he still had the book with him. To me, this shows that a fool is still a fool even if he has lived for 60 years, only the experience of life and death can bring true wisdom. This event immediately brings this novel to 5 stars in my opinion, because it shows the MC is not perfect and still makes serious mistakes even in his 2nd life. Just because he has lived a past life doesn't make him omniscient, there are lots of very important things that he doesn't know, that could and did kill him again.

The last translation was 2 years.

Description:

Should an untalented guy like me die?

Then I’m going to die.

I will die as you so desire.

After dying, I will challenge the world again.

Until I kill this tr*sh-like world!

Sorry for the space's in the link's. NU don't let me post them

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  15. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Wujigege and Vinox99 like this.
  16. AbrarMalik

AbrarMalik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link