Discussion Why does Anime have an extreme lack of Interracial Couples/Romance

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Rodriguez II, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Rodriguez II

Rodriguez II Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I performed a Google image search of “White girl with Black guy”, and tons of image containing said description appeared, but when I searched “Anime girl with Black guy”, none popped up. Most interracial couples or romance in Anime only has the Japanese dude x European-style girl, like the example of Ikki and Stella from Rakudai Kishi or the heroines from Campione, but none involving a Black dude. Are the Japanese so close and narrow-minded that they can't relate to a Black Protagonist in an Anime or Manga eventhough he’s a good person and a fellow Earth human being ?? If that's the case, they're no different from closed-minded religious people that doesn't want to understand the perspective of others with a different worldview.

2. SaltyBolty

SaltyBolty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if you think about it the majority of the Japanese are white, so they would usually cater towards that audience. Because usually other ethnicities are in the minority and I heavily emphasize Minority. And besides there are some shows that do have Interacial couples but not as the main characters.

3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Could say the same thing about you wanting a black protagonist , it's not about closed-mindedness but preference influenced by wanting to relate to a character. How many black Japanese people are there?

4. Rodriguez II

Reading List:
    Link
    Just so to make you understand where I’m coming from, I am also a New Ager that believes in Extraterrestrials, Past Lives and Atlantis, etc. So, I know that one day Discussion and Contact would happen eventually. If we humans can't even relate to a Protagonist of a different ethnicity or appearance in fiction, how the heck are people gonna cope when the Annunaki return and the revelations of our true origin became announced ?We need to stop being racist like the Negative ETs and become more like the Positives and Higher Dimensionals to understand more the perspectives of other Races as all of us had lived lives as someone of a different race in our Past Lives. All is One and One is All. Much Love and Peace :)

5. Chronos Bee

Chronos Bee Descendant of Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the first sentence again, slowly.

6. Gon_

Gon_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find the way you write pretty obnoxious and irritating. I'm going to shoot at the dark here and guess you just came from either YouTube, Twitter or Reddit.
    Accusing an entire nation's people of being racist, narrow-minded and unable to empathise with "potential good people" just based on your feelings really isn't the way to go :/

Love and peace to you too

7. RainMorga

RainMorga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just because people are not including things in their media does not mean they are actively excluding them.

8. sets2015

sets2015 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are plenty of black dude x white girl in hentai

9. froztyh

froztyh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This, although Japan is a pretty isolationist country thus there's a lot of racism there

10. SaltyBolty

SaltyBolty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I'm confused just because theres not black people or other ethnicities in a show doesn't mean the media/studios are racist, like I said the majority of anime is targeted towards the Japenese, and If you look up the ratio of ethnicitys youd understand. Also you forget, about the general culture and beauty standards, because in Asia it's pretty well known the paler someone is the more aesthetic it is. That's why whitening cream is extremely popular just look at Korean, Japenese and chinese Idols. And No it's not racist. But lemme generalize what I mean, it's a targeted audience (Japenese) and it has very few black people. So it's not racism just that the majority wins it's the same as you dont see japenese couples in american shows.

11. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I grew up around brazilians and even went to their 'favelas' once to visit a relative of someone. Even over there, people we'd call 'black' would be racist towards people that were 'darker' so light skin being more attractive isn't only a thing in Japan.
    Personally, i got called a white monkey as i was the first white guy they'd ever seen, lol.
    If you want, you can see racism anywhere. Nowadays people are poisoned by PC culture and shout racism at anything that triggers them and they start attacking others thinking they're bringing justice or whatever.

OP made a group of people seem racist and then also procedes to attack religion for being racist or bigoted. Meanwhile the rest of us just read a novel about a 'character' and not a 'white character' or 'black character'. All we care about is team oppai vs team flat is justice. :blobpeek:

12. Jibs

Jibs 『Still alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯』

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the Japanese created anime and the japanese aren't exactly dark in color so naturally they are going create characters the same as them.
    [​IMG]

13. Bakane

Bakane Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could find lots in NTR section of nhentai

14. Xuanyu

Xuanyu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Afro Samurai, African protag. plenty of black people in much different anime.
    if you're calling people racist for not giving every protagonist a dark skin an making them righteous heroes and rule the world you sound pretty racist to me.

dark-skinned people are not a minority.
    And according to most studies besides some isolated countries and exclusive communities, black people and Muslims are overall more racist than any other ethnic or religious group.
    They keep calling every white or yellow guy racist even though it has nothing to do with race. Just because they are not black they are racist. "Ethnic groups"!!!!
    having a different skin color does not make you not human so everyone is the same "race"!!!

15. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh look it's one of those Black People Can't Be Racist SJW post~

You claim their "Racist" but at the same time being "Racist" as well hmmmmm :hmm:

What a hypocrite.

elengee and Deleted member 89812 like this.
  16. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you can't relate to real human beings of different value systems, how the heck are you going to cope when your alien overlords return and you suddenly find that they are ... alien?

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  17. etherealbao

etherealbao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ummm what? They are ethnically japanese though, just a bit tanned

18. Rodriguez II

Reading List:
    Link
    There are lots of anime that I would love to see had it featured a Black Protagonist instead. As an example, the upcoming anime, “ Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen” had a super pretty girl as the main heroine who I would love to see paired with a Black MC instead. Should I draw a Doujin of it ? ;)

19. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm getting the feeling that this is a racist agenda....

20. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah no, do you feel offended when there's no African Nazi soldier in a movie about WW II or because Mark Zuckerberg is not interpreted by an african actor too? The population of color in Japan is very little and actually in anime there are more Indian characters than African ones. Stop with the Statunitian mentality. Your unnecessary comments actually make you appear like a racist, you are discriminating Asian culture!

Feralis and Ai chan like this.