Discussion The Abandoned Empress

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by flamingorangesoof, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Dimension Breaker

Dimension Breaker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes the plot is NOT in modern times, this is also where we based the fact that not someone such as the MC who had experienced hell and severe trauma would suddenly be "healed" of his view towards the sh*t prince even by a few years with barely any psychological help. It shows how ignorant the author is on psychology.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    Uhteen, Taruna, Turbostop and 3 others like this.
  2. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
  3. shelldon

shelldon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow it seems this thread is for ae haters.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  4. Lamune44

Lamune44 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will understand it with the meaning "critical person" and thus take it as a compliment. It is true that I greatly disliked the novel after all. But don't you wonder why on reddit, novelupdate and mangago for instance most of the half-completed manhwa readers and novel readers had the same reaction? It is time to realize that we had very serious ground and reasons to find this story incredibly disturbing if not toxic. Or do you really think that it is a collective disillusionment? This novel is controversial for a reason. Casting aside our point of view and belittling us with the word "haters" when we simply analyzed the story make you the intorelant one... It is not like we are all insulting the author. If you have something to say to contradict our analysis you are welcome to do so. In fact, you should start with this beautiful quote from Lourie that I will add for you.

Taruna, Reack, rose93 and 2 others like this.
  5. shelldon

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not like belittling or something, its like it feels like some are way too extreme or like nagging or somehow ready to fight that even a new member has to say calm down. Its not like intolerant, but rather you would ask is this person is in angry mode or something. Nothing wrong with saying how people dislike ae as we all have different view but you know you could see which one is subjective or constructive.

Taruna and Kezi like this.
  6. Lamune44

Reading List:
    Link
    Mea culpa for this one time. I did lose my calm. It is just that the victim blaming made my blood boil.

shelldon likes this.
  7. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the internet, if you can't handle honest opinions then you better go to every fan page of your liking and keep yourself happy that way. :blobcat_knife:
    If they can't retort they suddenly turn to comment how we are "haters". How hilarious. lmao

Taruna likes this.
  8. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    Best of all

The poison for an unknown reason only affects his mind when it comes to treating Tia but he was completely fine in dealing with other stuff. If the poison is actually affecting his mind, the kingdom would have collapsed or be ruined before Tia but nope, it only works when he saw Tia. It's hilarious when they were taught to avoid drinking poison using specific tea sets and utensils from very young. Even more hilarious is that after Tia's death, he is still getting poisoned regularly but for some reason, he is now able to think rationally and able to control his rage under the poison influence. It makes you wonder if is he even consuming the same poison or the poison has the special effect of "hate Tia only".

HAHAHAHAHA

Taruna, Reack, XxbubblesxX and 2 others like this.
  9. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to comment on how good your critical review is.

The development between them is just so fast and convenient (as you said) that it comes off as completely unreasonable, especially since the author never did the hard work of unpacking her trauma from her previous life.

From what I read, their romance went from FL being determined to avoid her past fate to her suddenly being in love with him again, and literally zero development in between. All ML did was not be shitty towards her in this life—talk about low standards.

It makes me so annoyed because I honestly really liked how this began.

Taruna, Reack and rose93 like this.
  10. shelldon

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries i can handle. As you said this is internet. And we are from the original thread who still replying until it shut down. Anyway do u still read the manhwa, the art still good ? We already knew the endgame, the plot holes or character change but we still keep coming back on thread to discuss things with ae. What manhwa or novel you keep busy nowadays?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  11. Lamune44

Reading List:
    Link
    I gave up on the manhwa. Last time I took a look at the raws to see how it was going to play out the art was still good. It still follow the novel but the pacing became even more quicker. So, yep. Not going to bother staying to the see the manhwa ending. Moving on.

For the last question, Spice and Wolf then Parchment and Wolf! If you don't know it, no one can give a strong recommandation enough. It is at the level when it can be considered as a classic of japanese litterature. Seriously, it is just that good. This author is a gem. The limited edition they did was beautifull too. So sad it was too much for my poor wallet.

shelldon likes this.
  12. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh, it's getting hard to get into new manhwa these days. every new manhwa seems to be into the "villainess" nowadays and honestly, I just want a refreshing story. Trash of the Count's Family is one. Altho its a Male MC, I love his personality moreover the cute dragon and the adorable cats are definitely a plus.

EDIT: @Lamune44 pls try to read Trash of the Count's Family! :cookie:

Taruna and shelldon like this.
  13. Lamune44

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard about it. There is an awfull lot of chapters already... Is the plot strong from start to finish? I loved Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki (How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom) at the beggining but getting past the volumes 8/9 was very hard. It is not that the story became "bad" or "weak", more like it changed very much and did not suit my tast anymore. Let's hope it won't happen with this one.

14. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    imho, it does have a strong plot because this doesn't have any romance! Friendship and family are focused. I especially love the wholesome scenes of our MC being a stressed single dad who wants the best for the kids. Lmao
    Im hoping you'll try to read this whenever you have time! This only have 23 chaps as of now.

15. Lamune44

Reading List:
    Link
    They are already at the chapter 600 for the novel!

16. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I was at chapter 400 but stopped reading due to work last year. That's why its a recommendation from me! Hehehe

17. Lourie

Lourie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, debates can get heated. Especially if we have to keep repeating the same talking points over and over again to counter the other side's arguments. Running around in circles is highly frustrating.

I still welcome anyone from the other side who wants to present an in depth analysis. All I'm asking is: please present an argument that has not already been debunked (so to speak) in previous comments.

My heart and soul was ready to see some revenge action but all I got was a crappy love triangle (love square?) and a half-assed attempt at tackling the topic of PTSD.

It was utter nonsense and I consider it a waste of time to read a novel/webtoon with such shaky foundations.

While I do agree everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I'd like to urge people to read this story with a critical mind. I'm sure they'll be able to see all the plot holes and questionable character development.

Taruna, CottonKey and Kezi like this.
  18. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    like in the first I was like: oh this is pretty good
    and after 10 chapters: imma flip ma shit..
    I thought this was just the beginning and that things will get better. after reading the spoilers I was seriously disgusted with the storyline [insert Melissa's ugh face].......also I can't bear to see Carsein suffer more..[I've never had 2nd ML syndrome and it's just so damn painful]
    yep I totally agree with you LMAO

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2020
    Taruna, Khloud2003 and Lamune44 like this.
  19. Dimension Breaker

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed
    personally, i think it handles the entire rape, abuse, etc. very poorly. it feels like a big fuck you to sexual assault victims, having her get with her abuser, and then giving the abuser backstory and a ‘tragic’ past that is not, in the least, tragic nor excusable for his behavior. the whole ‘humanizing terrible people’ doesn’t sit right with me.. but that’s just my interpretation.

Taruna likes this.
  20. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO I actually like the 1st timeline's mature tia. also what is Stockholm syndrome??

btw tia is not worthy of the name 'pioneer'

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2020
    Uhteen, Taruna, rose93 and 1 other person like this.