Discussion One Piece Laboon plot hole

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by OldManGu, Sep 20, 2020.

1. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Crocus was treating Laboon because he kept hitting his head to get to the east blue. Why didn’t Crocus just tell Laboon to go through the calm belt. This seems like a plot hole to me.

2. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because the calm belt has monster that would have eaten a Baby Laboon, and they didnt think they would be gone for decades

elengee and akki like this.
  3. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m obviously talking about big boy Laboon. Laboon’s family was seen at Fishman Island. He should stand a pretty good chance of making it. He went as far as torturing himself for years to get there. I don’t see why he would be afraid of a little danger.

4. Apocalypse32

Apocalypse32 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even as adult Laboon it wouldn't have worked....his family was seen on the other side of the red line and by the time he was capable of making it to fishman island area he was too big for the small passage. (Red line being the chain of linked mountains/islands running north south that along with the grand line divide the world in quarters with the inter section points being reverse mountain and fishman island)
    As for crossing the calm belt to the north or south he would have still only ended up in East or South blue when he need to get into North or West to reunite with other whales.
    Unfortunately the crew he was waiting for were wiped out before even reaching fishman island and he and the Dr had no way of knowing this

MangoGuy and OldManGu like this.
  5. OldManGu

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized brook wasn’t from the east blue. He was from the west blue. I forgot you couldn’t go to the west blue through the calm belt. Maybe they can go after crossing Fishman Island like you said. I guess my theory got debunked.

6. Bugis-san

Bugis-san Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    even if it is possible, laboon could have die because calm belt is a place where sea kings resided. There is no way laboon can survive alone. Sea kings are absolute monstrous and can be bigger than laboon itself

7. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait One Piece is still ongoing?

8. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes

9. Trip

Trip Active Member