Discussion Decisively Addressing Lack of Black Protagonists by solving it ourselves ?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Rodriguez II, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Rodriguez II

Rodriguez II Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I have been thinking very long and hard over the past few days on how to decisively solve the big problem of the lack of Black Protagonists in Anime in general, and I have come to the conclusion that we need to take matters into our hands. Americans, which have a sizeable Black community that loves Anime, needs to stop waiting for the Japanese to make anime with a Black Protagonist but instead, we should be making such an anime or multiple ones like that ourselves with a diverse cast of heroines like Japanese girl, White girl, POC girl,etc. Therefore, I propose that more wealthy people with capital and funds to do so to start some Anime studios in America and Europe to better cater to viewers and customers who want to see more diversity in Protagonists and Interracial Romance in anime so that some of us who are Mixed-Race or PoC descent can relate to more, on a personal level. Discuss on how we can influence our community leaders and national celebrities to fund efforts to start these Animation Studios drawing in Anime and Moe-style but with more themes of inclusivity, with more darker-skinned protagonists and more Interracial Romance in them. We can not expect homogenous Japan to understand how we people of diverse backgrounds have to experience challenges in our lives due to cultural differences, so we need to make Anime with Black Protagonists ourselves to help spread Peace, Love, Harmony, and Mutual Understanding. I am just tired of the lack of Interracial Romance in Anime and Manga involving Black characters, so let us put an end to that ASAP. I can't wait for us Humanity to spread to the stars and begin a Star Trek reality, so let us take this first step to reduce Racism and Low Representation in works of fiction first and foremost :)

2. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you even need to address protagonist based on their colour skin in the first place?

I'm gonna assumed that this thread is a sarcasm

3. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    HUGO!!!!! WHY YOU HAVE MY LAST NAME!!!????
    Anime wasn't meant to be diverse so yea you need to do it your self. anime does have black characters sometimes, but it's not exactly the right depiction most of the time.

Deleted member 155674 and 01 like this.
  4. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro, anime is, strictly speaking, what the Japanese style of animation is called and it caters to the Japanese audience first and foremost. It's obviously going to have a low representation of anything not Japanese, and even non-Japanese characters/setting, when/if present, will be based on the Japanese's understanding/interpretation of them. Western anime can only be, IMO, an imitation. Not that that should be stopping them, but apart from your thread I rarely see any demand for anime to go western; if anything, any encroachment by western influence on anime is seen as hostile and rightly so. I don't believe I would be wrong in saying that anime is liked predominantly because of its Japaneseness and most hope it stays that way.

P.S. If the western world wants their own "anime" they are free to try to make them. I just hope they don't try to hijack Japanese anime and force it to change to their tastes/whims.

P.P.S. Not everything needs diversity and especially not something that may be considered a cultural heritage of a homogenous population.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    Rumby, Cite, Omnicast and 28 others like this.
  5. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Archer is black

Rumby, Cite, strayCat0 and 2 others like this.
  6. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This seems like a round a bout way of saying BLM and other stupid shit.

I actually feel like I lost more brain cells reading their post than reading MTL from LNMTL. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Cite, Reindeer, FreakyDude and 12 others like this.
  7. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    No wonder people really hates BLM and other similar stuff

They just force it down peoples' throat and expecting them to suddenly accepted and will support it

8. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    Anime is literally an animation and western have it too, like a LOT, basically it's a cartoons but with a different perspective and styles. If you want it so bad, we got one like "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse", it's really good and Miles Morales does it justice.

9. Razogul

Razogul [Flag Raiser][Rald's and Carm's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, there are black characters in anime. I honestly don't see a problem in diversity in anime. It's animation, cartoons. Also, anime goes off of the country that it targets, which is Japan. Different culture and values. If you really want, write a novel or try and animate it, but don't force it down people's throats.

10. Jibs

Jibs 『Still alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯』

Reading List:
    Link
    This guy had been at this since yesterday....

11. Razogul

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, really? Did not know that.

0000000 and Jibs like this.
  12. Rodriguez II

Rodriguez II Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to let you know where i come from, I am only a rare New Ager in a predominantly conservative country, so that's why I want to see more anime with darker-skinned protagonists and interracial romance so I can find solace and escapism from the harsh reality in my country where people don't treat open-minded people well. Therefore, I desperately need such anime, manga, and light novels in my life to make me restore hope and faith in Humanity.

strayCat0 likes this.
  13. Razogul

Reading List:
    Link
    You are trolling from what I'm seeing.

14. Jibs

Jibs 『Still alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup something about lack Interracial Couples

thisworldofmine1 and Razogul like this.
  15. Silvania

Silvania Has returned to Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Then I'll wish you the best of luck as a possibly budding artist. The path of a creator is a harsh and strenuous one. Others must be in the same situation as yourself so someone must take the time and effort to make the content they so desperately wish to enjoy. As what many NSFW artists do. They draw their own kinks because they find the lack of content not to their liking. You must rise up and show the world what you can do. Best of luck with your creations.

FreakyDude and thisworldofmine1 like this.
  16. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    This is most definitely a troll post, sides, you never seen The Boondocks?
    [​IMG]

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  17. cutiebinkie

cutiebinkie Nuju

Reading List:
    Link

18. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Not this again. :notlikeblob:

FreakyDude likes this.
  19. thisworldofmine1

thisworldofmine1 Grandmaster of Danmei Cultivation

Reading List:
    Link
    There's already stuff like that, go find it instead of demanding it.
    About the interracial couples, everyone chooses who they want to marry these days for the most part, do you want to force people of different ethnicities to marry each other?! F*** off. It depends on types, where they are and all sorts of stuff but mostly feelings.
    And why is there no moderator banning this type of thread?!
    Sigh, it's not the moderators' fault, it's clearly this OP's fault. Sorry about that moderators. Thank you for your hard work.

FreakyDude likes this.
  20. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Aah yes... Perfection! Anime is a Japanese medium, but it should include the cultures of everyone around the world! It doesn't matter if black people are a part of the daily Japanese crowd or not!

PS: I believe that the more pressing matter is the lack of anime with protagonists who are Amazonian. They need representation as well!

thisworldofmine1 and Sabruness like this.