What's your favorite angel/demon troupe?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by IReadWhenBoredSoWhat, Sep 21, 2020.

?

Angels or Demons?

1. Angel

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Demon

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

IReadWhenBoredSoWhat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm working on an angel and demon fluffy comedy and would appreciate a few more ideas. I've got the two MCs as a really old pair of retired generals who don't care about the war or the grudge between the races anymore with a slew of background characters who most certainly do.

New note-
    Looking less for plot points and more for little filler things; pranks, background/side characters doing random things

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    SayMrrp and thisworldofmine1 like this.
  2. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be funny if the Demon general's the nice and gentle guy who became soft after years of bloodshed. While the Angel general's someone who swears and is is insensitive to others' opinion about him, tired of acting like a good person for years.

Something like the Sun Knight and Moon Knight in "Legend of the sun knight."

3. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    as long as its BL, I'll bite the bait

thisworldofmine1 likes this.
  4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like that TV show. Good Omens.

I like the TV show Lucifer's setup. God is as absent a father figure for the angels as he is the humans. Every once in awhile he'll have them do something for often totally unclear reasons, but for the most part he's completely silent, and leaves them to figure things out for themselves, work out their own problems, make their own decisions.. be their own people. Which is something Lucifer, the titular character, struggles with. He's always freaking out about perceived manipulation of his life by his father. ... Lucifer is still an angel in the show. He's not "evil", and he's not responsible for the actions of humanity. "The devil made me do it" is a statement that pisses him off to no end. He is the rebellious son, though. Sex, drugs and rock 'n roll life. Basically every sin in the book shy of murder. ... I also like that show's portrayal of Heaven and Hell as self-determined, at least in some ways. It's not without its flaws, but the idea that our own guilt determines where we end up - that we punish ourselves - is pretty neat.

Supernatural has something sort of similar going on, though I'm a bit behind on that series now.

5. Nusan

Nusan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    angel being like a catblobmelt_thumbs sleeping everywhere and anytime and demon more of parenting side (after war effect )

IReadWhenBoredSoWhat likes this.
  6. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe before they retired, they were the absolute, greatest symbol of a hero for their respective side. Each side adores their hero and roasts the other. They think the two hate each other. In fact they're bros, who for a while(centuries?) have been punch-clock enemies, routinely going for a drink together to bitch about their incompetent subordinates even while in the middle of the war.
    And now they're two bros chillaxing, enjoying trolling the masses.

7. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sounds like a Miss Angel and Miss Devil, the devil is this gentle innocent woman....and her angel lover is a kissing monster pervert

8. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't there a manga with the same premise but in a school setting...but i forgot the name....

9. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Demons are always moving around, angels just spectate, at least in most stories, wish there was an angel that would do something

10. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, I love that author, second you might be thinking judgement knight as the moon knight was that poor fellow with a screwed neck if I remember right,
    Third, you gave me a wonderful idea you beautiful person you

11. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

Reading List:
    Link
    You may be thinking of angel diary, which I need to go reread now for...reasons

12. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes!! All the trolling! Though they'd never met before they retired, otherwise either one or both of them would have died before their forced retirement but they become fast friends and proceed to be instigators of chaos for everyone in their general area

13. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do they have grandkids? Like, I can see two old dudes passive-aggresively bitching about the other's grandkid in an attempt to make the other praise him/her and maybe try to broach the topic of setting them up. Like.
    'How's that bitch-punk brat of yours doing? He as much of a wuss as you at that age? MY grandkid's a badass though. Nothing like'em prissy angel wafflers.'
    You gonna put this on scribble hub?

14. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, none of their children lived very long, and yes -https://www.scribblehub.com/series/175252/angel-and-demon-two-generals-retirement/
    I may have forgotten to mention that only one is a dude, they probably will complain/brag about their children at a later date. Oh but they do have "adopted" kids!(adopted being used very loosely here) Well she does, and I could throw him one too... yes this will work nicely....hehehe

15. Epythymy

Epythymy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/demon-king-hero/
    This novel has one of the best demon settings that I've seen.
    Among the 7 demon kings MC is the youngest and the weakest but he is also the most dreaded one.
    Demon King of Greed a.k.a Demon King of Economy who is in charge of finances in the demon realm. Nobody dares to offend him because he will cut your budget!
    Every demon king is in charge of some particular domain of demon realm. Like wrath is one of the strongest and is in charge of war affairs, but so what? What can you do with no money in war?
    MC is untouchable because he is protected by the demon god (overall leader of the realm) so it's impossible to threaten him physically.

16. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    i like it when the angels are the bad guys, worse than demons in the stories

17. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Milton's "Paradise Lost" it still feels more fresh than a lot of this kind of story even though it's slightly older than the other books in this thread. Admittedly it can be argued that most depictions of angels and demons are somewhat descended from this work.

18. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Side Character Group: Independent Travelling Merchant group of Angels & Demons, selling "Angel Feathers" to Demons, and "Demon Scales" to Angels, and buying the waste product from the other race for a pittance. Has been secretly operating together even during the war for mutual profits, selling "war stories" for those who want to brag but don't have anything to show for their service. They wish to expand upon their business opportunities as their prior business model isn't as effective outside of wartime. Not long-term, at least. Oh, they also scavenged weapons from the battlefields and organised to sell the too-broken-to-use-without-practically-remaking-it ones to the opposing side (selling the overly-broken Demon Weapons to Angels, and visa versa).

Member of a third racial group that was basically brutalized by the Angels & Demons war without trying to be involved selling icecreams & deserts who finds any threat, even in joke form, to the newly founded peace to be a direct attack on his people's homes, due to all the damage both warring races did.

19. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

Reading List:
    Link
    A group of highly questionable merchants sounds fun, but it's mostly just a fluffy story so the execution would have to be rather...interesting...

20. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    I read what you've posted, as you linked the story and it sounded interesting. It's a light-hearted comedy starring a Psychotic Angel & a Demon who's Bored of Fighting, both of indeterminably high power levels. So no matter what supporting characters you add, so long as they are intended to directly interact with the main pair semi-regularly, they'd need to be "interesting". Having an Angel & Demon Merchant approach together (or accidentally simultaneously) in the hopes of managing to gain some financial benefit from one or both of them, only to be informed that their organisations "covert" dealings with the merchants on the other side were known and ignored by both Generals, and permitted because their organisation's movements gave both sides ancillary information on how the battles were progressing and whether or not they were about to win/lose those battles.

As for their specific personalities, that's up to you. But it seems like you could have a LOT of fun with not only a few individuals, but a group that has "friendly" competition within itself in order to screw everyone else over monetarily.