Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. totorototoro

totorototoro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cam we just take a moments to appreciate how amazing this spoiler thread is?!! Thank to everyone who has shared/ spoiled the novel for us! You are such wonderful human beings!!!

I also really love this novel. It’s very unconventional in the sense that the main couple are both so raw and humane. They struggle with self esteem, self identity and trauma. Their journey of healing and overcoming such difficulties is depicted beautifully and remains true to reality in the sense that it’s a gradual and reoccurring process -not some snap of the finger process. I also really appreciate the love and devotion they have for one another which is really genuine and built on something substantial rather than simply surface value. Can’t wait for wordexerpt to bring back this novel T.T the recent crackdown on knovels is really killing me. I hope that authors can view us as free marketers who spread the popularity of the novel rather than leeches that need to be purged:cry:

so I went through the thread and would greatly appreciate it if so one could add some meat to the part where Riftan witnessed the abuse of Max. I know the gist of what happened but I would love more details regarding that scene and how everyone reacted.

also, has the author resumed work or are we still on cliffhanger hiatus with no hope of seeing a full conversation to heal and clear the air between our couple?

Kayteal, Paulabigail, ptt33 and 12 others like this.
  2. Deleted member 265239

Deleted member 265239 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw those scene on manhwa! Riftan very cute and the art style so amazing.

sweetaneng likes this.
  3. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wanna say I'm thankful for those saucy spoilers... Keep it up! (。•̀ᴗ-)✧ I can't wait till they had their happy ending... They're just two broken souls and hearts, they both needed to be happy.

4. lil bling

lil bling Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you @ainosz ... I was really confuse of Maxi's age starting when you mention her menstruation. I don't know if it is called late menstruation but I'm really thankful of your spoilers:blobsmilehappy:...

5. Niyangrapik

Niyangrapik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaaaaa thank you for thisssssss

katsumikanai, asianelle and ppoyoung like this.
  6. kumiko

kumiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youuuu for rhis, hope you will post more ❤️❤️❤️

7. Avery Very

Avery Very Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awwwwww. This is heartbreaking.:blob_teary: Both he and Max had a very sad backstory I just want them to be happy so bad.
    Thank you so so much for this. Really. :blob_pompom:@ainosz

8. Niyangrapik

Niyangrapik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a catmom, I feel like melted when I read the parts with kittens ❤️❤️ thank you for the spoiler!

Avery Very and sweetaneng like this.
  9. ppoyoung

ppoyoung Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After Max goes through a miscarriage from the battle at Atelen Castle against the monsters, Riftan says that it seems like the victory is theirs and that she should go back to Drakium Castle with Princess Agnes and rest until he returns.

Dukes and noble families are invited to Drakium Castle to celebrate the victory of humans... including Duke of Croix. He finds out about Max's miscarriage and makes an excuse of "being worried for his daughter's health" to other people so that he can see Max. Max agrees to see him because she is afraid to make him angry, but there is also some hope that she is not Maximillian Croix anymore, but Maximillian Calypse. She feels braver than before and wants to stand up for herself.

Duke of Croix says that he cannot let Maxi stay at Drakium Castle because it might ruin the chances of Rosetal (her sister) getting married to the son of King Ruben, which would be Agnes' younger brother. He's been planning this all along so he really wants to take Maxi back to Croix so that people don't find out about her stuttering, or her miscarriage, etc. (honestly he just hates his daughter. what the fuck). The saddest thing is that Maxi doesn't know that she had a miscarriage until now because Riftan told people not to tell her because it might shock her. :'( although she believes that Riftan is different from her father, she still has doubts (bC OF LACK OF CONVERSATION fuck) and agrees to go back to Croix castle with her father because she is afraid that Riftan might leave her after all.

When back in Castle Croix, she talks with Rosetal. Rosetal says that Maxi looks like shit because she hasn't eaten after coming back. She asks Maxi if she plans to die. Maxi says it is none of her business. Rosetal says she just doesn't want to see Maxi ruin herself like that (even tho she's cold to her, it's more like a tsundere thing? and also she helps Riftan come into the castle later so I think she is a good character after all. It's just that maxi's comparing made her seem bad. after all, rosetal is a product of some kind of child abuse as well, because it says that the duke used to make rosetal watch maxi getting punished... what the actual fuck.) anyway, rosetal ends up saying that maxi disappoints her i can spoil more stuff about their relationship if anyone wants to know ^-^ but this is the jist.

there is a part where her nanny find about the coin that riftan gave to her before he left for the war. she looks at it, remembers riftan, and starts crying. then her nanny says that the remdragon knights have come to castle croix but duke didn't let them in. maxi goes to the 5th floor. she literally runs up the stairs even though she hasn't eaten for like a week because she just wants to see riftan's face one last time. she doesn't even think about getting back with him again because she is afraid. she was ordered to just stay in her room by the duke, but she ignores the order. she sees riftan from up top when a knight/guard person finds her and forces her to go back to the room. she is trapped back in her room and cries there when duke of croix comes in and is about to punish her.

duke starts hitting maxi with his cane. maxi stutters a lot here and it's really hard to read... however she tries to say that riftan went to war for him and that he shouldn't treat the remdragon knights like that. she is much brave here, but ends up biting her tongue because she is shaking and it bleeds.

duke of croix tells her to turn around and take off her clothes (what the fuck). he starts hitting her with his hand or cane? doesn't rly say. and she is crawling on the ground to dodge them because it hurts so much. the duke is shouting in the background but she doesn't even know what he is saying. she starts crying and groaning because of the pain.

then, she hears a familiar voice that asks the duke what he is doing right now. she looks up and sees riftan holding back the duke from hitting her again. he looks at her with anger and confusion.

Duke of croix asks how riftan got in when he did not allow. he says that this is against the law and that he could get charged for it. riftan lightly ignores this and asks what he is doing, again. duke says that he is just giving discipline to make his daughter a better person. riftan repeats after the duke like he doesn't understand. he says again, "you call this... discipline?" then he looks down at max. it says that "she has never felt more embarrassed and miserable until this point."

duke of croix says that there is a priest downstairs and the scars will be gone in no time. he says that he needs to do at least this much to discipline his daughter. then he asks again to riftan how he got in and that it is a crime to do so. riftan just stares back at the duke. so the duke says, let's just talk in the drawing room. and riftan says, "... i see."

maxi watches them walk out of the room when riftan suddenly stops at the door and lifts a chair near the door. it says that his expression was very controlled and calm, that no one wouldve known what was going to happen (remember riftan gets really calm when he is very angry. theres more about this personality mentioned by kuahel who went to hunt the dragon with him 3 years ago in part 2 :^)) and then starts to slam down the chair at the duke. duke tumbles down the stairs and riftan starts kicking him in the stomach. and he says, "what are you so worried about? there's a priest downstairs." riftan gets ready to punch the duke when elliot and uslyn come from behind and stop him from doing so.

riftan is angry and yell at them to let him go so that he can hit the duke. they continue to hold him back because they are afraid the duke might die. maxi is watching all of this happen with a blank face; her father's face is bloody and riftan is struggling like an animal caught in chains. then, ruth comes in the room and notices her. he tries to give healing magic to her when riftan yells not to lay even a finger on maxi. ruth calms him down saying that he is only trying to give healing magic to her and does so. maxi feels better about the pain, but now feels embarrassed and wants to disappear from this world. riftan takes off his robe and wraps it around her.

then she notices rosetal at the end of the hallway. she asks if the duke died v nonchalantly. elliot says that he didn't, but he might if they don't call the priest soon. rosetal says that she put a sleeping medicine in all of the guard's meals so they shouldn't bother them and turns to riftan and max and says don't forget what i did for you guys.

ruth, maxi, riftan, uslyn, and elliot hurry out of the caslte, when a guard stops them. the guard realizes riftan's face and asks what he's doing here and does he know it is a crime to go into the castle without a permission and that a war could be started due to this incident.

riftan says, "finally. i will burn all of your people, your resources, and your lands down to one last bit." (and when you read riftan's pov of how he had this love-hate relationship with the land of croix... this really is a angry but sorrowful?dialogue.)

elliot steps up and mediates saying that maximillian is a not part of croix family anyway and that the crime is with the duke instead. guards try to respond but uslyn picks up his sword and says that from today, anatol is hostile towards croix. he says that we can just kill them all and leave. (this is v important because uslyn is part of the royal family in the remdragon knights. he used to hate maxi due to her being the croix's daughter and the whole scheme behind the arranged marriage. when maxi was practicing magic and tried to use the knights to practice, he was really snarky towards maxi and ended up getting punched by riftan in the face as a result. they have been awkward since then, but this is the first time that uslyn takes maxi's side. yay for character development heh).

riftan just ignores all of them and walks past them. he puts maxi on top of a horse and they start going back to anatol. when they got back, no one talked about what happened at croix. so the people who have noted this event are ruth, elliot, uslyn, and riftan. hebaron wasn't there but he senses that there was something that happened.

they go into an inn while traveling and that's where they have the heartfelt talk which is already spoiled!

10. HONEY_BEE

HONEY_BEE Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know when the conversion was spoiled??? Please let me know!

rktineee and alliebee like this.
  11. Avery Very

Avery Very Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The convo from previous spoiler @HONEY_BEE
    Thank you @ppoyoung

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Shelly_, Mkp, Mikan101 and 16 others like this.
  12. HONEY_BEE

HONEY_BEE Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!

It's so sad!!:cry::cry::cry:

Mikan101 and ppoyoung like this.
  13. ppoyoung

ppoyoung Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No matter how many times I read this, I feel so heartbroken. TT_TT

Mkp likes this.
  14. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh, thankyou so much for the spoiler @ainosz sama :aww::aww:

writers-block likes this.
  15. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my God, i just read this
    That damn person who call him self a father, bastard!
    He is not worthy to be called so, he is just a sperm donor. Aghhh! I am pissed off!
    And now i see how Rosetta treat Maxi, of course it is not the best sister treatment, he last words she said that "they should not forget what she did to them" showing she still care despite of the cold tone she used.
    I can understand because they are not from the same mother and also they never build the relationship from the beginning
    By the way thankyou so much for the spoiler ❤️❤️❤️

16. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So how many chapters of the novel?
    + i need a link for wordexpet patreon plz.

17. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ppoyoung likes this.
  18. ppoyoung

ppoyoung Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 344 chapters, but I know that the translators split each chapter into two, so it would end up being 688 chapters. :eek:

rero00 likes this.
  19. HONEY_BEE

HONEY_BEE Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. HONEY_BEE

HONEY_BEE Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here the link to the Patreon but just so you know they can only promise new chapters for the rest of the rest of this month. They will be making an announcement on whether or not they will be posting new chapter next month before Patreon charges you. There still Working on posting a Drive for the old chapters. I have noticed that if you click on a new chapter of " Under The Oak Tree" and click at the tag at the bottom it'll show you a lot of the old chapters but not all.

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/yingyue

Sorry for the long explanation.:blobpensive:

max211 and rero00 like this.