Discussion How do you manage your feelings after your novels get dropped by translator or removed?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by FrontalDagger, Sep 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrontalDagger

FrontalDagger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just found out wordexcerpt removed all of the Korean novels on their site and my heart is breaking :cry: . Some of the novels were just getting into the good parts with satisfying character development, I wanna cry.

Now I have trust issues with ongoing novels

2. Xxsafirex

Xxsafirex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pssh lil tip: you can read them on the official source in exchange of money

3. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait which korean novels did they drop?

4. Dragon Devourer

Dragon Devourer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't really have to, I don't have strong emotions toward most novels.

5. Normie Extermination Committee

Normie Extermination Committee [Toilet Sniffer] [ Grand Master of Underlings]

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/invisible-dragon/ ......this novel heals all wounds.........but in return it gives you ptsd,aids,als, coronavirus, and an ungodly amount of love and worship for the heathen @Shio ......*Shivers*

Did you know that there are 346,567 normie lives being destroyed every year by heathens like @Westeller @Shio @Parth37955 and @Tony simply due to their despotic yuri rule? Fear not, @HavekZero will save you from the yuri way!

Ps. avoid all contact with @AliceShiki , she is a distorted being, and meeting her is similar to having a chance encounter with an eldritch cthulhu outer god, you will either worship her or go insane.

Ausar, ARaine, Snowbun and 3 others like this.
  6. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Psst! Lemme let you in on a secret: KR novels are popular precisely cuz they are dropped b4 they get to the point where you might wanna drop them! :blobpeek:

7. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha this might have actually been true a few years ago.
    There are now plenty of KR novels that are completed and they’re still great.

8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    don't worry, sooner or later you will get used to it. Just enjoy the journey, even if it didn't have a clear ending

9. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, really simple. Find more novels to fill the void.

10. kfahad

kfahad 『The Lurker Beast』『Beast fallen』

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh..
    There's a lot of it, move on.
    What can we do anyway? Maybe learn the language if not lazy..

11. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saddens... sadness... try MTL... cry after being blinded.

12. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing really, I just MTL them. It's not like the work doesn't exist. If the author drops them or they are removed due to censoring, that's another story. There are two manga that I read that were discontinued. One I still check on the author Twitter and other social media, it's been 7 years...... Still not picking it up. The second series hasn't been updated in 3 years but the author hasn't dropped it. It's more of an issue with the publisher. Then I heard of a manhua that was removed due to censorship and on the home page it said something like this story will no longer be published, we won't answer questions about it and we ask the readers to not discuss it. Those cases get to me and I can only wait and hope.

13. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Before reading webnovels, I read an awfull lot of mangas and watched a lot of animes (you remember the good old time were there was real fansubbers around and not just ripers of CR and funani with a "trust me, I am a fanzuber" badge on their hat or woke SJW that remove honorifics and replace awkwardly any japanese words in official subs because it offend them), so I was already kind of jaded about translation abandonement.

I have a fatalist view about it, but there are usually signs that a translator might drop a novel : when he/she start to search for other novels to translate along his/her first one, that the first "I got a bad feeling about this", sometimes it's just to add some variety to their translation routine and there is no problem, but awfully often it's because he/she start to lack interest in the novel he/she was translating.

If he/she start to add more and more novels after that, it's "don't you smell something burning ? / Can't you see the smoke ?", it's often a sign the translator start to get tired more easily of translating the same novels over and over and want way too much variety than he/she can handle, most of the time translators that start to translate way too many novels usually drop a few/most of them quiclkly, stop uploading some (the "this one is not dead, it's just not moving and playing with the flies") or even drop all of them and stop translating altogether because they overburdened themselves...

That's a cycle I saw a lot of times with mangas, animes and novels, so when it happens I usually sigh, mumble something like "meh another one bite the dust" while whistly really badly the queen's song with the same name, and if it was a really good one I go the novel pickup forum in NUF and if there was a "please pick up" post about this novel, I reactivate it... :blobsalt::blobsalt::blobsalt:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  14. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Ruruchi

Ruruchi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're probably gonna come back at some point cause WordExcerpt is trying to get a license for their Korean novel but they never rly specified when.

Honestly I'm also heart broken cause half of my reading list was novels from WordExcerpt so we can only resort to MTL :/

16. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    waiting for a novel that to find really interesting to be updated only to be met with no luck, i only see the darkest abyss staring straight at me:cry::cry:

17. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't know true pain when the novel you got hooked on for a long time didn't update for 2 years and its only a bit more until it is unfinished translated. Its only 16 chapters left and its been untouched for too long that i still cry to sleep, knowing that i never ever see the ending unless i actually know Japanese.

It was the only good novel i read for a long time and i've kinda been waiting for 2 years now and now that even if i'm too told, i'll never know how it will end....

Please... Just someone translate at least the few chapters left for this.... I've been waiting for so long...

18. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it japan?

19. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Whyyy would wordexcerpt do that

20. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I give up on novels and watch drama adaptations instead at least those don't get dropped.

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.