Recommendations (BL) Make me cry

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by gnessa14, May 24, 2019.

1. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This sounds amazing. Reading it now.

Edit: read and made a spoiler post.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Wondy7 likes this.
  2. erikvio

erikvio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hako no Naka
    Extremely bittersweet and deeply affecting.

The story follows the relationship between Douno Takafumi, a normal city official who was imprisoned on false molestation charges, and Kitagawa Kei, a prison detainee who exhibits autistic tendencies, from when they first meet to their death.

These two characters are, simply put, extremely unfortunate. It cuts as deeply as it does because despite the melodrama involved in this fiction, you could realistically find people in their situations. This describes the entire work, actually. Melodramatic plot points with a prominent undercurrent of realism that will leave you feeling hollow inside.

Their relationship and lives are everything but smooth, right up until the end. The author puts them through hell, and the quiet solace they find in each other is truly bittersweet to behold.

This story is not one of revenge. The wrongs they experience are never rectified, and they receive no apologies or satisfying resolutions. Instead, this is a story of endurance; of finding the strength to go on and reaching a state of contentment with what little they've managed to carve out for themselves despite the wrongs they've suffered. A deep sense of melancholy permeates every word in this novel. There are endearing moments peppered throughout to tide us through, but make no mistake: You'll cry. You'll rage. The author is determined to put us readers through the emotional wringer.

The only criticism I have is that I could have done without all the melodrama, though opinions on this will differ. The story remains poignant nonetheless.

I highly recommend reading this, but be prepared.

Shio likes this.
  3. Raisins

Raisins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Husky and His White Cat Shizun. Slow Burn unconditonal romance in the XianXia genre. Where mc wake up back in the past and learns theres more to the people around him and why he choose to do what he did in his first life. Heavy angst due to the themes on human nature and how the gong treats the shou in the beginning. (Reasons for the misunderstanding are a huge plot revel).
    (Cant believe nobody metioned)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    TaffyGirl13 likes this.
  4. Tree Soil

Tree Soil New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why?
    People dont need to be seeing ignorant shit, even in their own likes.
    Nothing about this thread title seems like a joke unless you're incapable of seeing multilayered stores with their own themes just cause the icky gays are in it. (And if thats your problem, you got way bigger issues you need to be concerned with then forum threads and long forgotten title.)

5. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you not read the context? I already replied that I was reading a slice of life stuff, I liked the friendships & everything but then it turned into some BL +18 stuff, which made me cringe. I replied that I said cringe cause the title of this thread "BL made me cry", reminded me of my cringe moment. I made a joke relating to that scenario.

Stop virtue signalling without looking for the context or explanation. It was a joke you tit. Enjoy what you like, I did not say otherwise... I only came to the thread thinking it is a joke/meme. There were a few who criticized me rightfully for it & others made jokes about fangirling about BL.

It was a joke, the end. You just joined today & started this waffle? People can make jokes or side remarks, not everything is about you needing a villain to virtue signal & boost your confidence cause you're a insecure mental tit.

6. Tree Soil

Tree Soil New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This entire rant when you dont even know me and I'm the insecure one. You seem to really misunderstand what virtue signaling means, I just pointed what the combination of your posts were saying and why they were placed here on this thread.
    But your right no point in this. So sorry.

7. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely this.
    Utsukushii Koto by the same author also made me cry.

gnessa14 likes this.
  8. Passerby7

Passerby7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. nevelvir

nevelvir Master Sleepers

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Sheri_Yui_Chan

Sheri_Yui_Chan Fighting my final semester battles ⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    Living to Suffer
    And his life had been but a prelude to these three things – a summer shower, a glimpse of inky reeds and one man.
    Shen Liangsheng is lying in the dirt bleeding away when a doctor, Ch’in Ching, discovers the wounded man. This sets off a series of events, some the doctor expected and others that catches him off guard but are nonetheless all a part of destiny’s plans to pit these two men’s desires against their principles.
    Sequel to Living to Suffer Till Death Do Us Part
    Set in early-20th century China, this story takes off in the port city of Tientsin (Tianjin) that is divided into lands called concessions and owned by several foreign powers. Shen Liangsheng is a charismatic and cunning playboy, a son of a rich businessman, who has profits as his top priority. He meets Ch’in Ching, an average school teacher who appears mild but actually holds a patriotic heart for his home. The two cross paths and sparks fly. But will their love hold strong through the imminent forces that will tear the country apart…?
    Rebirth: Degenerate S*ave Abuses Tyrant
    Son of the Senior Chancellor, Luo Wei, loved the wrong person in his past life. This mistake caused his entire family to be wiped out, and in the end, he was cast down as a pleasure s*ave, and died in the wilderness during the depths of winter.
    Somehow, the heavens did not give up on him and gave him a second chance at life. He believed this rebirth was only meant for atonement, and not love. Yet, as he plotted his vengeance, Luo Wei quickly realized that passion would again be his fatal downfall.
    The once emperor, the lover from his past life, his beloved in this life, and an opposing empire’s monarch who is doomed to love him, who is supposed to be good for whom?
    And who is supposed to hurt whom? A hero chasing after a dream, an empire of a thousand years, a kingdom stretching across the known lands, all flashing before the eyes like a mirage. Is it worthwhile to trade a hundred years of my loneliness to give you a single lifetime of joy?
    Like Love But Not the second edition with 24 chapters is the better version to read and a lot more satisfying than the first edition.
    When it came to their feelings, he was always the cruel one.
    Ten years, that person stood in front of him and told him that he loved him. However, he would not spare him a glance.He originally believed that there was enough time between them. They had already wasted ten years. If they continued to waste it, then it would be almost a whole lifetime.He knew that the other’s obsession with him was too deep. It would have been simply ridiculous for him to let go.When that person finally let go of him, he had obtained the freedom that he had long since yearned for. However, it was not as sweet as he had imagined.It was already too late for regrets when he finally understood the implications of that person letting him go.A light slash, and the once fervent warmth turned into coldness that couldn’t be touched.He wanted to let out a soft apology, but that wasn’t possible anymore.He did not know that everything could be so cruel before.Once upon a time, the longest distance of this world was when I stood right in front of you, but did not realize that I loved you.Right now, the longest distance in the world is life and death.By the time I realized that I love you, the damage was already irreversible.If I had the chance to hug you again, would I repeat the same mistake of the past?
    He Doesn’t Know I’m Dead
    The first month I left, Lu Jiangming was still happy. The second month, Lu Jiangming occasionally suffered from insomnia. The third month, Lu Jiangming started looking for me. Unfortunately, I died, but he didn't know that. —No matter how bad you are, I'll still laugh at the thought of you, but you're the night breeze that I can't hold back. You are also my obsession. Goodbye, Mr. Lu
    The Paranoid Emperor’s Black Moonlight Shizun
    It’s said that the human world’s emperor is muddle-headed, so I decided to go to the mortal world and teach the bullied prince and support him onto the throne, to bring peace to the land.
    The process was difficult, but I succeeded.10 years later, when the young emperor was enthroned, black clouds covered the sky and tribulation lightning rumbled.I stood outside the throne room and distantly gave him one last look.He didn’t know what was happening outside and smiled at me, his pitch-black eyes were filled with a thousand words.Then, I turned around and ascended.I didn’t even give him a proper goodbye.When I opened my eyes, it wasn’t the Heavens.I blankly lay on the carpet of the imperial study room, and the eunuch beside me was submissively introducing, “Your Majesty, this is the remarkable beauty Prince Jin is giving as a tribute.”From above came a familiar yet cold voice, “Prince Jin has spared no effort. Pity, that what We hate the most in this life is other people looking like… that person.”
    Poison of the Human Panacea
    “I treat you like I would treat this flower . Your most beautiful years are for the wine in my cup, for me to consume, for me to take.”
    In order to learn the skills, to take the throne as the strongest in Wulin, and restore his reputation, Bai Tan had to use the sect’s best yao ren who was locked away for several years. He needed the yao ren’s blood for his health and to cure the poison in him. Upon seeing the yao ren’s beauty and disability, he bounded the yao ren to his side, with the intention to train the yao ren into a docile pet. He had not expected the yao ren to have an influential background and to be possessed by a demon. While he, was playing with fire.
    Psycho
    In an accident, he agreed to a “murder exchange” with a lunatic.
    He regretted it, he was afraid, but he was threatened and unable to escape.He came to like it, he was addicted, he fell in love.Everything came crashing down.He was insane.Insane.Insane.Mysterious yandere top x callous straight bottom
    Depth Charge
    The mystery of young android Ji Mao and young He Zhi's time loop.
    Defect
    Those 3.45 seconds of hesitation were enough to make me doubt the remainder of my life.
    The Story of a Small Fox Who Has a Star
    Master Cheon-Ho birthed two foxes out of boredom. One was beautiful and strong while the other was plain and weak. The story follows a fox who was born plain and weak.
    Waiting Until 35 Years Old
    The diary of Nan Kang of his relationship with his ex-boyfriend, expressing that he was willing to wait for him until 35 years old.
    From morning to night, from the moment of love, the ending should have been predicted. The world praises love, but never admits love. Why is it wrong? Nan Kang, 35 years old is too long, and the waters in Xiangjiang is too cold. For fear that you are alone in the distant heavens, and he, with a woman and maybe a child, in the paradise at home. Nan Kang, do you regret waiting?(It is said that this is a real story of a real person, Nan Kang, who has written other stories in his life. He had a loving boyfriend who, unable to withstand pressure from family and society, married a woman. In between March 9th and March 12th in 2008, Nan Kang jumped into the waters of Xiangjiang and ended his life. People found his body in the river on March 27th, after 15 long days drifting in the cold water. In 2016, readers commemorated his would-be 35th birthday.)
    Gaze at the Scenes of Debauchery
    They’ve been entangled together for 12 years. A gong whose affairs had become second nature, and a shou who was depressed and liked to torment himself. Cracks cannot be mended, one can only intentionally choose to either ignore or endure it.
    Sickly Tyrannical
    A morbid second Young Master of the mafia meets an amateur psychologist. Swept along in darkness, tyrannical abuse and depredation, he destroyed his life.
    Because in his eyes —— Love = Violence!In the end, none of us could save anybody…
    4:48
    Hey, don’t say anything.
    Don’t be afraid, it is 4:48 am, the time of death in psychology.But you will not die now. Your death time is after twelve hours.I am Zero. I appear to evade your death……
    If Only Time Stopped at the Moment We First Met
    The story of a seemingly one sided love between a school trouble maker and the class president.
    Deceive
    A policeman went undercover at a company to get close to the mafia boss in order to find his criminal records and send him to jail.

gnessa14 likes this.
  11. aelin12

aelin12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If omageverse is fine then Perfect Match. I have only started and I am already crying. Not sure if I will continue because I really dont want to cry

12. Lelouch_49

Lelouch_49 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth: Degenerate Slave Abuses The tyrant monarch

13. Passerby7

Passerby7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link