best and easiest immortality

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by kingsahib, Sep 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingsahib

kingsahib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which novel has the easiest way to gain immortality and not where you are invincible but when you don't age and you can live for eternity?

2. RyreGruel

RyreGruel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well technically Reincarnated as a slime.

I don’t recall ever reading something where slimes die of old age or even age at all.

Since all that happened was he died and then became a slime I think that’s pretty easy if I say so myself.

3. Chryseum

Chryseum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you be talking about simplicity or obtainability? Because the potion of youth Gilgamesh has in Fate is an example of simplicity as you just drink it and you will be forever young.

The problem is that no form of immortality would be easy to obtain as a normal useless human even if you were in another world. Either you need to be gifted it like how The Gamer got his power from Gaia and how in all Cultivation novels, you have to progress to the point of ascending to become immortal. And for a mortal cultivator to ascend requires the best talent and luck/plot armour.

4. Chryseum

Chryseum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair although if you were a slime, you would have easy immortality, how easy is it for a human to become a slime without Divine intervention?

RyreGruel likes this.
  5. evilone1

evilone1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not sure about novels but there have been anime and manga where eating mermaid flesh would do it...... So become super rich and luck isn't exactly needed.

6. RyreGruel

RyreGruel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He did ask which novel has the easiest way and technically being stabbed by someone and dying isn’t hard.

Also technically the gamer isn’t forever without effort since he still ages, and just ages slower the stronger he becomes which involves a lot of grinding on his part.

7. Zaroz

Zaroz Existential Lurker Demonic Calamity

Reading List:
    Link
  8. kingsahib

Reading List:
    Link
    in some novels you are born immortal or a beast with immortality but the cultivation in some novels is alot easier and i am looking for one where after they are immortal but there are no more tribulation and they can live past the age of their world

9. kingsahib

Reading List:
    Link
  10. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot the name, but there was a novel where death suddenly became... irrelevent, and the negative effects on society that came with it.

11. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're probably thinking about something else, but Philip Jose Farmer's Riverworld series is exactly this. In that series everyone who has ever lived on Earth is resurrected and keep on getting resurrected every time they die again.

12. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Altered Carbon I think. Even the poor can get a "sleeve"(a body) to be in after you die, with your memories and even skills still intact. Though best quality bodies would be reserved for the rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.