Spoiler Shadow queen (manhwa)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by ChuChi, Jun 8, 2020.

1. callalily

callalily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it were me, I would make a living hell for the Duke and Veronica. As if they wished for death than being alive. I finally found a villain worse than Isis and her father. And this story gives a lesson too, and that is never accept the position of a substitute. Anyone who has read 'Julietta's Dressup' will know how dangerous it is to be a substitute.

Paris_Eve, sareenmomo, Migrad and 3 others like this.
  2. tharrinne

tharrinne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is the most step by step spoiler I ever read lol.. thank you for your hard work.. this is really Interesting
    I can't even stop myself to know what happened next haha The best thing about this novel is that it is really a game of chess. unlike other novels that villains are so dumbed. here you want to tear off all the villains limbs piece by piece haha

3. mijikado

mijikado [Unorganized Member]

Reading List:
    Link
    As I've promised, here is the not-so-short summary of the first half of the volume 2!

(Ciel and Elena's 2nd encounter also happened in the Vol 2)

There are 2 quite important characters that I've briefly mentionned in my previous spoilers:
    - Caliph: an art broker, but also Lucia/Elena's senior in the Academy
    - Emilio: the top state of the Castol Commercial Chamber (a man with high reputation)
    Both of them were the first persons who helped Elena in making her plans and building her Salon.

At this point, Elena, with Emilio and Caliph, were buying all the cheap lands near the soon-to-be-build L's Salon.

Leabrick still had no doubt about Elena, and she actually thought that the Academy was a necessary means for her to earn all the credits that the Real Veronica couldn’t earn due to her absence and delayed graduation.

Times passed, and the Salon was slowly being built. Convinced of the success, Elena began investing more aggressively in the areas around the Salon.

Not-so-coincidentally, these lands were also what Leabrick intented to buy in order to build the Noblesse Street. You can pretty imagine how angry was she when she found out that a woman named L, whose identity was unknown, already bought everything :blobrofl: .
    Liv thought that there were spys in the Grand Duchy, so she ordered Lorentz to kill everyone who left the Estate.

Len was very curious about the new student, Lucias as she appeared from nowhere, and he couldn’t find any information about her background.

After being ‘chased off’ by Ciel in front of the Library (Cf. Ciel and Elena’s 2nd encounter), he managed to confront Lucia (Elena in her disguise) again and tried to question her.

At the right moment, Emilio arrived and pretended that Lucia was her daughter so that Len couldn’t do anything more.

Len, even with the top state of the Castol Chamber protected Lucia, still wasn’t convinced.
    After some brainstorming, he suddenly had a hunch that Lucia was actually “Veronica”, but he couldn’t understand why the daughter of the most powerful family would hide her identity in the Academy.

He then began to stalk Lucia :blobxd:. However, each time, Lucia disappeared without a trace, as if she evapored, making the tailing impossible, even for such Len.

It's Raphael!!

Raphael began falling in love with Lucia as they spent more time together.
    One day, when Raphael was helping Lucia with her painting (they were very close physically :blobxd:), he felt his heart beating fast, and couldn't keep his eyes off her (while Elena was only concentrated on her painting :blobxd:).

He accidentally complimented Lucia as an "Angel" which made Elena very surprised since her appearance as Lucia was very sloppy :blobxd:. Raphael insisted that he wanted to paint a portrait of Lucia.

Elena pondered for a moment, and accepted with the condition that when the portrait was completed, he would display it the Art Festival. It was a means to break his shell and make the world finally discover the Genius painter.

Caliph and Elena talked about their plan about the Salon.
    When the conversation was over, Caliph opened the door, prepared to leave when he saw the famous Crown Prince, with his expressionless face, standing in the other side of the door :blobrofl:.

Turned out that Ciel saw Lucia walking into the room far away and decided to come over to visit her:blobjoy:
    He then invited both Lucia and Caliph to dinner in his dormitory
    Caliph was really really confused : Wait what you didn't tell me that you're acquaintanced with the Crown Prince???! :blobdizzy:
    When Elena was about to refuse Ciel's offer, the excited Caliph immediately interruped her and told Ciel that they were free and they accepted his invitation :blobjoy:

Well, so they went to Ciel's dormitory, much to the Elena's disappointment because of Caliph :blobjoy:.
    Elena realized that where Ciel lived was not that different from her room: old furnitures, there wasn't even a painting on the wall, even the food was not especially good either.
    She immediately knew that the Imperial Family, just like in the past, was facing serious financial problems.

When they arrived in the living room, when Elena was lost in her thoughts, Ciel asked her for a cup of tea "like that time". The request made Elena quite a bit embarrassed.
    Ciel also coughed, as if it was embarassing for him to say it :blobrofl::
    "I can't easily forget the scent and deep taste. Is it a difficult request?"
    "No."
    Then Ciel immediately ordered for hot water and tea leaves as if everything was already prepared in advance (this part made me smile so much I didn't know that Ciel was so awkwardly cute :blobmelt:)

During dinner, Ciel was very amazed about Elena's manners and he couldn't help but to compliment her.
    They then began to talk about politics, about the Imperial Family had lost their influence while the nobility's power increased.

Elena looked as such Ciel, who dreamed of strengthening the imperial power and attempting reforms.
    He failed in the first timeline, and was about to make the same mistakes.
    As they once lived as a married couple, her love and hatred for Ciel still remained. Elena wanted to helped Ciel, just a little.
    At their 2nd encounter, she didn't dare to give him any advice, but now, as Ciel granted her permission, Elena decided to speak up:

It was not the Nobility that he should concentrate on, but the commoners. The nobles were rotten and corrupt, but in the Commoners' eyes, Imperial Family and Nobility were the same thing.
    If Ciel managed to show that the Imperial Family was different from the Nobles' tyranny, that on the contrary, he was trying to help the common people, he would undoubtly gain a lot of influence.
    "It's the only way to achieve what your Majesty wants in the changing area"
    Elena respected whatever choice Ciel was about to make.

Don't forget that Caliph was here too :blobxd:. He was really uneasy at the silence which followed and cold sweat formed on his forehead. :blobjoy:

"You surprise me everytime". Contrary to Caliph's worries, Ciel's first words were admiration in seeing the world at such a different perspective :aww:.

Anyway, dinner was finally over (the finally relieved Caliph :blobjoy:)

Ciel called back Elena before she left:
    "Today was a really beneficial time. Can you often spend time like this with me?" :blobpats:

"Yes, Your Majesty." Elena replief reluctanly that she would. Even if she didn't want it, she couldn't just cut in front of Ciel and reject it.

When Elena was heading to her studio, she overheard a conversation between 2 people: Cecilia and Ciel.
    Elena's heart sank, as for her, in the past life and even now, his Majesty only wanted "the Empress" aka Cecilia, the daughter of Count Lyndon, an undiscutable ally of the Imperial Family/

It was undoubtly a surprise for her to discover that Ciel was breaking his engagement. Even more to know that Cecilia too, also wanted to withdraw from this political marriage and left with a joyful tone.

Elena questioned her ears :blobsleepless:
    "Maybe....it's me?" Because Elena was the only variable that violated the original story, but she didn't know what did she do.

Kiir...

At that moment, the door opened, and Elena faced Ciel.
    She blamed herself and urgently bowed her head, that's why she couldn't see Ciel's expression.
    "I made a mistake."
    "I know."
    Obviously, overhearing was against etiquette and was a hardly forgiven fault, but facing Ciel like that was so painful that Elena couldn't stand it.
    Ultimately, only after Ciel left that Elena raised her head and stared at his back.

4. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want to read this whole fully translated novel right now. Is just this GOOD. Checked the TL that only has 7ch/s in English out of 231, not that I'm criticizing or anything of that, a huge THANKS to all translators for their hard and voluntary work, this is admirable. But for me as a busy person only reading novels on free time....it's difficult to keep pace with some still ongoing translation of the novels. Sigh....:blobunamused:I will forget about this novel when it will get fully translated, honestly. This is why I have a love-hate relationship with KR/CN novels, a lot of them are good but near to impossible to fully read any of them in English, especially new ones. Now, rather than reading novels I'm just trying to be happy with spoilers ....and that's it. :blobupset:

Thus, thank you @mijikado a lot for sharing your hard work of MTLing and then giving as spoilers. For me this is basically like reading the novel, the only chance, so thanks. :blobnom:

5. tharrinne

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering will there be an ian in tge 2nd timeline.. will Elena tell him aboit the past.. will he see the real baby from the painting...

Paris_Eve likes this.
  6. callalily

Reading List:
    Link
    Another eye catching thing about this novel/manhwa is the Imperial family. Most of the manhwa have the Imperial family as very rich and glamorous people, but this one shows the steady growth of the Imperial family from their financial problems to gaining the upper hand from the Nobels. At least that's what I've noticed from the spoilers.

7. mijikado

Reading List:
    Link
    Volume 2 summary (2/2)

A few days latter, Elena received a letter from the Grand Duchy with the proposal to buy her recently purchased lands with 10x its original prices.
    Of course, contrary to Leabrick's expectation, L refused, and even added:
    "So think well and behave, Leabrick"

That made Leabrick so angry "Ha, how you dare to eat me?"
    The lands purchased by L were intended to be the central area of the Noblesse Street, and enormous external investments had been made.
    While suppressing her anger, Liv decided to close the negociation in order to prevent any more damage.
    "L. I won't forget this humiliation."

Meanwhile, Elena as Lucia had been meeting up secretly with Caliph and Emilio to continue the projects:
    - She asked to pay 4x the original amount in order to have the exclusivity of the Marble stones' market for her buildings. Marbles were pretty rare and symbol of luxury.
    By having this exclusivity, Elena prevented Leabrick to have any access to the precious stones for the Noblesse Street. That made Liv even more enraged at Elena's provocation.

- The purchasing of the slum lands near the Salon under contruction to expand the area in order to compete later on with the Noblesse Street.

- Building a giant cathedral (Basilica) inside the area to attract views and curiosity of the visitors. At the same time, it would also be a place to display and sell art works.
    For the construction, Elena hired Randol, a still unknown architect who would soon be revealed as the most brilliant architect of that time.

Leabrick, hearing the news that L had hired a man with unknown skills to design the building, laughed with satisfaction. She was convinced that soon L would suffered a severe loss from that "idiotic" decision, and without any backup, the project would be a failure anyway :blobxd:

Abella, the daughter of one of the 4 major families of the Aristocracy, had a crush on Ciel. When she saw Lucia, a commoner without any backgrounds, managed to get near of the Crown Prince, Abella couldn't overcome her jealousy and began to harrass Lucia

Of course, Elena wasn't the type of person who didn't do anything, even in her first life, so each time she retorted back and left Abella even more angrier.

One day, the situation escalated. Lucia was surrounded by Abella's girls.
    They forced her to kneel down while Abella prepared to hit Lucia.

At that moment, Abella's hand was stopped by someone.
    "What are you doing?"
    Abella turned her head and was white in fear. It was Ciel. She was in an embarassing moment when her ugly side was exposed to her crush :blob_coffee:
    He repeated: "What are you doing?" and looked back at Lucia "Are you okay?"

Anyway, Abella made some excuses that Ciel didn't accept, then run away with the girl.

When they were finally both alone.
    Ciel was expresionless as usual, but Elena could read the worries and concerns contained within.

"It's all thanks to your Grace. Thank you."

"Good thing. It's yours." Ciel put the glasses he had in his hand on Elena's face.

With a gentle touch that Elena had never felt before.
    Not sure how to accept those alien feelings, Elena turned away.

"Thank you for saving me " Elena politely bowed her head and expressed her gratitude.

If Ciel hadn't helped her, she would have been quite embarrassed

"I want to ask you."
    "Yes?"
    " Did you hear all the conversations in the studio that day?"
    Elena had no time to deal with, and Ciel came in while pulling out the past.
    'What, what should I say?'
    Elena, who hesitated, decided to be honest.

She confessed that she had overheard everything from the beginning. She wanted to be honest with him, who saved her and was worried sincerely.

"I see. But why don't you ask anything?"

Elena, who could not grasp the point of the conversation, questioned, wondering... :blobdizzy:

It was a very unfamiliar reaction for Elena, who had never seen his composure break.

Ciel made a strange expression as if something didn't go as he intended, and then hesitated and then opened his mouth.

"I wanted to go to the studio but I couldn't. Because of you."
    "Because of me?" Elena didn't understand what Ciel was talking about.

It was Elena who overheard the conversation without permission. This kind of behavior or words was very embarrassed for Elena.

“I'm not sure. What your Majesty is talking about, why are you doing this right now?”

Ciel didn't reply, but instead made eye contact with Elena. His look up close seemed complicated.
    "I'm sorry that you don't know, and I'm glad,"
    "Your Majesty."
    "I thought a lot, but I don't think about anything right now."

Was it Elena's mistake? What she saw was that the tail of Ciel's mouth went up very slightly.
    “It's nice to see your face. ”

Elena' heart pounded.

Lucia now came to the Studio as a muse to Raphael's painting.

It was with much disapointments that she discovered that Len began to snuck in during the session.
    While watching Raphael paintings, Len, always with the hunch that Lucia was Veronica, began to provoke her (like "the glasses would hide her eyes, so she would need to take them off", this and that).

There was a funny part where Len looked at Raphael painting and was confused because he didn't understand the artistic means behind it. :blobxd:
    Raphael was tired of Len while Elena just snapped back "You'll need to grow up in order to understand". That made Len shut up :blobrofl:

One day, someone also entered the studio: it was Ciel :blobxd:. He noticed Len and immediately expressed hostility directed at him.
    Soon after, Cecilia also joined, with a basket of sandwichs in her hand.

Len, began to sarcastically praise Ciel and Cecilia as looking good together. Cecilia wanted to talk back but decided to keep silent.

Seeing the tension inside the room, Elena then took the basket and asked everyone to eat together :blobsweat_2:.

Ciel took a look at Lucia's painting, and Raphael noticed the affection in his eyes while looking at it.
    "Maybe...." maybe the Crown Prince also had the same feeling towards Lucia as him?
    But Lucia was only a commoner, and the Ciel, as the Crown Prince, had responsibilities of leading the country. Raphael implicitly told Ciel about this, in which Ciel sadly agreed to his words and left :blobcry:.

During the Academy Art Festival, Elena decided to use her "Veronica" appareance in order to promote Raphael's work.

As the daughter of the most powerful noble family, whatever took her interest during that day would become a trend and the center of gossips.

As expected, as soon as "Veronica" got out of her carriage, people began to gather and admired her
    "Look at this, it's Princess Veronica!"
    "Wow! She's so beautiful and Elegant!!"

With Hurelbad, Elena took a tour around the stands, looked and gave her opinion on diverse paintings and arts.

When she finally arrived at Raphael's stand, she was surprised at the person who was looking at the painting. It was Ciel.

When Ciel saw "Veronica", he was pretty confused as he somehow saw Lucia in her.
    "Veronica" greeted the Crown Prince, which made him confused even more.

"Even the voice....."
    But, Ciel soon ignored and left without questioning "Veronica", as he despised the Grand Duke family.

Elena felt a little bit sad, at it was her first meeting with Ciel as "Veronica", and she received almost the same treatments as in her first life :blobcry:

(My poor 3rd ML his love was so short and so sad :blobcry:)
    Raphael intended to confessed his love to Lucia after the painting was complete.

However, when he saw "Veronica" admiring the painting, his heart shook. It was Lucia.
    He was convinced, since he had spent numerious hours observing her, from her eyes, nose, lips, bone structures,... even heavy makeups couldn't hide it.

Raphael ran away and fell desperate. The woman he fell in love was "Veronica", one of the highest noble in the continent. It was impossible for him to reach her.

With all his turbulent emotions, he decided to made another painting.

After the painting was complete (after the Art competition), he decided to show it to Lucia.
    It was a mythical painting about humain who venerate the goddess far away. The humans tried to reach the goddess, but couldn't.
    "It was something that one can't reach and grab it, but only look at it" :blobcry:

Elena was still completely obvious to Raphael's feelings, and asked excitely if he wanted to work for her soon-to-be salon.

First, Raphael was surprised (like since when she had build a salon :blobxd:), but soon smiled and accepted Elena's proposal.

Only the 3rd volume left and the whole novel will be completely spoiled here :blobxd:

You're very welcome! :bloblove:

And yes, the same with me, when I begin to read something, I tend to read everything in a row so it's really difficult for me to wait for the translations :blobsweat_2:
    That's why now I develop bad habits of reading the beginning, MTLing the ending then reading the spoilers (if they are available) to understand more or less the plot :blobsweat:. It destroys my English but at least I get to satisfy my curiosity :blobxd:

8. callalily

Reading List:
    Link
    I was completely clueless about this manhwa when it was released and thought it would follow a similar plot to the others, but who would've thought it was a jewel. Even though lots of manhwa have similar plots, their backstory to those plots a very different and that's what catches the eyes. They may be similar, but have different inside stories which makes a whole story attractive. Thank you for taking your time for MTLing(ik what a big hassle it is for translating:blobdizzy:) and sharing them here:blobxd:.

9. tharrinne

Reading List:
    Link

HOHO thank you for spoiling the whole book LOL....
    is the book not completed yet? they haven't got Ian back?

You are right you can't predict what she is doing and why the hell is she doing that... but it makes all sense at the end.. it's unpredictable which makes it different from the others.she's no villainess but can pull up these kind of schemes lol
    it's playing chess who first gets checkmate is surely dead lol

10. Princess Renesmee

Princess Renesmee Cry baby

Reading List:
    Link
    Love this manhwa. The art is beautiful. The story is unique. Anyway thanks for the spoiler hehe

djan29, Dee Yuena and mijikado like this.
  11. sakura_killua

sakura_killua Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With the amount of spoilers, this is really the best spoiler thread. Thanks @mijikado

I wonder where Leana got her money. I mean she made big purchases as if it is nothing to build salon & art street. What are her source of money?

Joyfulhina, djan29, Dee Yuena and 2 others like this.
  12. tharrinne

Reading List:
    Link
    @sakura_killua It was already spoil in page 7 and 8

Dee Yuena and mijikado like this.
  13. Hanako-kun

Hanako-kun Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know if there is an English version of the novel? :(

tharrinne likes this.
  14. Lusine

Lusine 〖A little sweet, a little mischievous♡〗

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoilers :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

15. StrawberryPie

StrawberryPie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting more intense~~ thank you for the spoilers dear @mijikado :bloblove::bloblove:

mijikado likes this.
  16. mijikado

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome!
    Actually no, the novel is up to chapter 241, with the Side Story 3 still ongoing :blobupset:

Me too, I also want baby Ian back :notlikeblob:
    But scientifically speaking, it'll be a miracle to have Ian back, since It supposes that the exact Ovulum meets the same spermatozoid in the same embryo (then fetus) developpment than the ones in the 1st timeline. To this is added, of course, the same environnemental factors during pregnancy, same epigenetic modifications and many other things (sorry my medical brain is speaking :blobsweat_2:)

In any case, I would not mind if we have a baby girl first then another baby boy later :aww:

Actually, I think Elena also had another sources of income than the 3 nobles. It must have been precised in the volume 1 which I don't have so I can't really answer to this question, really sorry about that :notlikeblob:

17. callalily

Reading List:
    Link
    It's true that having Ian back would be a miracle. I thought that Ian may be re-introduced in the 2nd timeline, but reading your post on meeting the exact ovulum and stuff, it's making us more clear headed. Ngl, I really want Ian to be introduced again but that would happen unless a miracle happens.

mijikado and rock.doll like this.
  18. tharrinne

Reading List:
    Link

LoL you are probably right, too bad he did already get born his gender kind of reveal unlike in "I don't want to be love" the child isn't born yet on 1st timeline and on the second timeline they also got the baby as per ml's wish however you just kinda imagine that probably that was the child they never had in the first timeline.
    So I hope they got their son if not Ian back...
    Or they have babies

19. Qzeen._.Koreaboo

Qzeen._.Koreaboo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any novel links

20. Hera Elizabeth

Hera Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its not from a manga i think there r only 2 /3 pages of illustration of it

purple pink and Nefroza like this.