Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No I did need to know that, thank you.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  2. Deleted member 265239

Deleted member 265239 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for sharing these juicy spoiler, i love the novel and the manhwa as welll, thank youuuuuu

3. hiddencholic

hiddencholic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Riftan left Maxi to the monastery before going to the subjugation. (They only need a healer for their trip from Anatol to Liban (if im not mistaken haha i forgot) because there were many monsters on the way. They were accompanied by priests for the actual subjugation). The Grand Duke asked why not leave Maxi to the Palace so Riftan explained that he does not want Maxi to be caught up in any political dealings. Those who would approach her there would not have any sincere intentions.

Riftan just turned to leave her in the monastery which is kind of cold comparing to their other goodbyes. However, Riftan suddenly stopped and ran back to Maxi. He gave her his lucky coin. When he was still a mercenary, they believed that this coin would give them luck. Maxi tried to give it back because if it is lucky then Ruftan should have it so he would not be hurt. Riftan refused and said that he will feel more at ease if Maxi have it.

So the days where Maxi stayed at the monastery started. She is staying there together with other noble ladies(who are very nice). These noble ladies would donate their stuff so that they can give food and other necessities to the wounded and the evacuees. For them, it is the least they can do since their husbands are out there risiking their lives. Maxi was not able to give anything except a mirror because she was not able to pack some money. The noble ladies assured her that her presence is enough as people looked up to Riftan.

Since there were waves of evacuees fron the war, it is inevitable for sickness to spread. They were now worrying about the spread of the sickness since there was only one clinic left in the place because many priests have joined the subjugation. Maxi commented that she noticed that a certain type of herb (i forgot the name) grows at the back of the clinic which cures stomachache. The noble ladies and the priests were surprised that she knows this. Maxi told them that she is a healer. It was fortunate that Ruth taught her about herbs. Books are also a luxury so it is understandable that few knows about this. Maxi started to work in the clinic after this. Instead of decreasing the number of the sick people, it actually doubled. Rumors of a skilled healer spread.

However, after a few days they were being asked to go back to their families as they could not be supported in the monastery. The war with the monsters (trolls) have been drawn out.

Idsilah( one of the noble ladies) told Maxi that she would be sneaking in to the rear. The rear would only provide support so it would not be that dangerous. This noble lady comes from a family of knights. Maxi went with her (even though she knew that Riftan's anger will peak). She just want to see Riftan even from afar. Just to make sure that he is okay.

(They were actually attacked by trolls en route to Servin Castle but were saved by the Osiria Knights, the paladins. One troll was still alive but Maxi was saved by Leon, their leader. This has been spoiled already afaik)

They arrived at the Servin Castle and Maxi worked there as a healer. She does not use magic as she heals many people. One day, Ruth ans Elliot finally arrived at that place. He was rescued by Riftan and the Remdragon knights.

(Their meeting is actually funny and what made me write this long spoiler. Haha. Ruth is my favorite character from Under the Oak Tree aside from Maxi and Riftan. He is a great friend and mentor of Maxi. )

Maxi approached Ruth to give him water. Ruth did not bother looking at her and just took the water mistaking her as just another one of the priestess so Maxi touched his arm. The moment Ruth saw her, he stood up as if he was struck by lightning and was about to scream but Maxi told him to be quiet. Ruth asked Maxi if she is now a priestess and what about Sir Calypse lol. Maxi told him not to say any nonsense. She asked him barrage of questions like is Riftan okay, is he okay, she heard that there were injured knights from Remdragon but Ruth told her to give him some time to clear his head because Maxi just popped out of nowhere.

Ruth asked if the Grand Duke knows that she's here. She told him that no one knows that she's there and that she's hiding her identity. Ruth told her that Riftan would be upset. Maxi told him to be quiet.

Ruth's reply is as follows:

"Why are you doing this to me? Please hide it so desperately from me too! You don't have to get me involved."

Max's eyes narrowed at the harsh words. Her heart that was so glad that tears were coming quickly disappeared.

"Oh, it's been a long time since... Is that all you have to say? Well, how worried I have been... !"

"Then, did you think that I would be happy to meet you and dance?"

Maxi was kinda sad by Ruth's reaction to being there. Ruth was the one who taught her the use of herbs and magic but he was not happy that she was a healer there. She thought to herself if Ruth's reaction was like that, what more would Riftan's reaction be. Ruth was proud of her progress though and helped her hide from Riftan. He told her that if her intention is to just see if Riftan is safe the she must observe him 1km away. Maxi was surprised (lol) but Ruth told her that Riftan's has excellent senses moreso if she's around.

They arrived at the last place they will move to before the final battle. Maxi accidentally saw Riftan when she was about to take a bath in a lake. She immediately pulled her hood and was about to turn away when Riftan stopped her and asked her to look up. Idsilah(the noble lady with her) jumped in between them and explained that priestess are forbidden to look at men and they should go now. Riftan allowed them to pass but the moment that they turned their backs he pulled Maxi's hood.

Riftan was so angry. They were having a shouting match at the barracks but was stopped by Uslin (this is also the time Maxi told Riftan that she is not a duke's daughter but a knight's wife from previous spoilers). He told them that they have gathered spectators outside and if they do not plan on sharing their story then they should stop. Riftan left because he might say words he would regret and would cool his head first. Maxi cried after this and Uslin felt awkward so he called Ruth and Elliot. Yurizion also came with them. Everyone is scolding Ruth because he hid Maxi. Even Uslin scolded Ruth and told him that he should have prioritized Maxi's safety above all. Maxi defended Ruth as best as she could.

MLisMyHubby, miruwyn, hsyakt and 40 others like this.
  4. Dasha22

Dasha22 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you everyone for providing spoilers, it makes my heart feel so full :blobmelt:
    Hoping the author gets better soon and keeps writing, I love this story so much, it’s such a good slow burn and I love Maxi and Riftans interactions (even if it’s frustrating because of the lack of communication :facepalm:)

letuta27 and hiddencholic like this.
  5. Blind-Bandit

Blind-Bandit New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sad that the translations have stopped I was looking forward to Maxi getting mad and throwing a book at riftan.

Manimanga and ppoyoung like this.
  6. Avery Very

Avery Very Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh. I was having under the oak tree withdrawals since the translation stopped so thank you so so much for the many spoilers @ppoyoung @hiddencholic
    Thank youuuu!!!:blobReach:

ppoyoung and hiddencholic like this.
  7. hiddencholic

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope the author gets better soon. Max and Riftan have come a long way. They deserve a happy ending.

Just a little uwu moment

Riftan told her that he thought of kidnapping her and taking her with him when he leaves because she does not look happy. However, when he see his surroundings he thought that if she is not happy with all these luxury, how can she be happy with him who have nothing. (back when Riftan was still a servant in croix castle)

Then they have this conversation:

"Me, to me--- Are you not disappointed?"

The forearm wrapped around her back was firmly pressed. Max added with a creeping voice.

"Stuttering... Oh, the child also miscarried... Everything, like you thought... I'm not even a lady..."

"You are exactly what I dreamed of."

He roughly intercepted her words.

"No, it doesn't even compare to what I imagined. You are brave enough to be overwhelmed, lovable enough to take your breath away. The child...

Liptan swallowed dry saliva as if he had
    a sore throat.

"To be honest, I don't even want to have
    it anymore. I don't know how much blood
    you bleed back then. I don't want to take that risk again."

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  8. Dasha22

Dasha22 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully we’ll be able to get a continued English translation, this story is too good :blobsob:
    Thank you for the lil fluff excerpt, this couple kills me I swear :blobmelt::blob_teary:

Aliali likes this.
  9. Deleted member 276995

Deleted member 276995 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Reach me @Gigi200 to read few more chapters I purchased from WE

supermichiko, Reio and Avery Very like this.
  10. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww my heart
    Its so hard why they lose thier child :cry::cry::cry:

11. hiddencholic

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hope they will finally be happy and live peacefully in Anatol when the author continue part 2 :blobcry:

12. Tezu

Tezu Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please spoil the Cave scene you guys mentioned before after their 3 years of separation because Maxi went to the wizard tower, though it's not that much I really want to know it.. thank you

13. AmirDBM

AmirDBM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So after the met again after 3 years, the first thing they did is having a shouting match? Lmao.

Suyo, Mikan101, writers-block and 3 others like this.
  14. hiddencholic

Reading List:
    Link
    That spoiler happened in part 1 when Maxi snucked in the war to check on Riftan. Maxi was left under the care of the monastery and Grand Duke but she snucked out so no one knows that she's not there anymore. Safety of the priestesses are not guaranteed since no knight would risk their life for a priestess. So what Maxi did was very dangerous.

Little spoilers for their interactions in part 2 (not in order) these are just mtl so may not be 100% correct

When they met again in part 2, Riftan was cold to Maxi (partly due to his sexual frustrations). He knows that it is not the time to relieve them (lol) because they are mainly sleeping outside. Hebaron found the whole situation funny haha. Maxi, however, thought that Riftan was still mad at her to the point that he does not want to stay next to her. (chapter 36) At one point of their trip, monsters attacked them and the horses for their supplies was taken away so some need to share horses. Maxi thought that it would be natural for her to share with Riftan but Riftan called Ruth instead and explained that Maxi's horse is small and not fit for the carriage. :blobrofl::blobrofl: Ruth tried to give a solution that Maxi and Riftan should share a horse while he will use Maxi's horse. Riftan glared at him so he has no choice but to comply lol.

Their first kiss happened when Maxi saw Riftan sleeping in the stables. She kissed him and the kiss turned passionate but Ruth unintentionally interrupted hahahaha. Riftan wanted to continue but Maxi was so embarassed. (Happened earlier than spoilers above) He was still cold to her after this though.

Maxi got fed up with Riftan's cold treatment in chapter 34 of part 2. Maxi and the other wizards put up a barrier because they were being attacked by a serpent(mtl). Riftan stepped in infront of her and rushed towards the serpent. His sword absorbed the serpent's breath and he quickly decapitated it. Maxi wanted to look if he has any injuries but he kept on declining so Maxi blew up :blobjoy:. She threw pine cones at Riftan and when there are no more pine cones she threw snow. She managed to land a snowball at Riftan's face. (Note that they were in front of 200 Holy Knights, Remdragon Knights, and wizards hahhaha)

Their conversation after this is as follows:

He scratched his head, brushed his eyes, and stepped forward in a couple of steps. Then she snatched her arm quickly and roared violently with teeth.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Wow, who's talking. What the hell, do you intend to ignore people forever! if you have any complaints... You can tell! This, this yellow! Stupid idiot!"

As she twisted her arms and kicked, Riftan clenched his teeth. Then turned his head and threw a sharp gaze at the people looking at them with exciting gazes.:)blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:) Then he lifted her up with one arm and strided toward the forest.

Max lifted up like a pack on his side, writhing like an angry foal, and poured out all the rants she knew.

"this An arrogant jerk! A narrow fool inside! in the meantime... How did I study... ! Do you know how desperately I've been trying so hard to come back as soon as possible? if you ignore this, this, like this... Why did you follow me?!"

"What do you want me to do?"

Max could clearly feel the faint cramping
    of his arm on the side of his head. Riftan has tilted his head so close that their nose almost touch.

"As if you had never left me, as if I had
    never been left behind, as if I had never spent each day in despair in the past three years. Do you want to behave like that? Do you really think I can?"

He shook his shoulders as if suppressing the passion, but eventually lost control and shouted wildly.

"How can you be so calm? Why is it so okay? You really don't know I'm barely going through this ridiculous situation? Damn it! I really don't know how desperately I'm holding on so I'm scratching like that!"

A bang, and a fist wrapped in a gauntlet broke into the tree trunk.

"How do I feel right now - !"

Max squeezed hi neck as one hand of Riftan tightened and hurt her forearm. Riftan hastily released his hand. There was a deep sense of self-destruction on his face. Riftan, who had rubbed his face roughly as if to attract patience, hurried back from her. Mac noticed that he was about to kill his feelings again, and hastily pulled
    his hem.

"Well, don't hide it that way! I hate what
    you do!"

His eyes, looking down at her, trembled
    helplessly. Mac screamed earnestly, grasping his cloak so he couldn't escape.

"You just have to talk! How do you feel, you can tell me directly! It's okay to resent. I want you to be honest. Being ignored in this way... I hate it."

Riftan told her afterwards that he missed her terribly and they kissed very passionately after lol but they were interrupted when Remdragon knights signalled that there are monsters approaching (the ones who attacked their supplies carriage as mentioned earlier).

Maxi have come so far from the trembling girl when she saw first saw Riftan. She can now shout at Riftan, kick him, and throw pinecones lol.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  15. ziashaikh_97

ziashaikh_97 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please reach me @Gigi200 Idk how to message, do you got discord or email or something?

16. Avery Very

Avery Very Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for this!:blobsmilehappy:
    I know their snusnu is great but they really need to talk. A really long one. They need to address their issues with each other. Really. I hope it happens soon when the author comes back from hiatus.

17. riris

riris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This all spoiler help me so much. Thank you!:blobsmilehappyeyes:
    I already like the novel. And actually I set it aside to read later...but :blobsad:
    I'm sad that I can't read the novel since the translation stopped. Spoiler you gave heal me alot:blobupset:
    Thank you soooo much!:blobok:

18. Danae

Danae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This spoilers help me cope with withdrawal symptoms thank you so much for sharing!!!

Khalesee likes this.
  19. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am concern about Riftan actually but i can't help to laugh seeing how our innocent naive lady who was afraid to even look him in the eyes at some point can finally express herself this way :blobjoy::blobjoy:
    Lol, i wonder who taught her all those rants she poured out. Our Maxi didn't only learn magic in WT, but also some rants :blobpopcorn_cool:
    Yes darling, you said it right :blobhighfive: it is common to get angry, but choose to ignore and not telling your spouse how you feel definitely won't do any good to your marriage
    You need to talk about the issues :blob_pompom:

I hope the author can make a comeback soon
    By the way thankyou so much for the spoiler :bloblove:

20. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG thankyou so much for the spoiler very early in the morning @ainosz sama :blob_teary::bloblove:

MLisMyHubby, rairia17, DOHere and 6 others like this.