Recommendations Needs non-almighty MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Randolph, Sep 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Randolph

Randolph Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm tired of reading those novels and mangas about super overpowered MC... I mean, why they would even bother to party up with weaklings... I would understand if they group up so thr MC can help then grow... BUT NO! THE MC DIDN'T EVEN CARE BOYT THEIR GROWTH! Won't that just mean the MC is sending his allies to their death faster? IMO, their level difference means different capabilities n enemies they're going to face... I mean... by bringing along weaklings with you to fight against strong boss, won't that mean they're basically baggage? Ntm the danger they're going to face...
    THAT'S IT ENOUGH RANTING!... basically I'd like to read a story where the MC is not almighty n his comrades r not someone who is just present just to become some useless viewer that just go WOW HE'S STRONG everytime...
    Similar manga: Live Dungeon
    Similar novel: I forgot the specific title, but something about weakest clanmaster n strongest clan something like that... (P/s: MC is a support-buff) (edit: The strongest clan's master is the weakest and most evil suport class)

quarantine is good likes this.
  2. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
  4. coyoteelabs

coyoteelabs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobita Doraemon series

6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Chronicles Of Heavenly Demon

7. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel you forgot the title of was probably "The Strongest Clan’s Master Is the Weakest and Most Evil Support Class ~Even with a Fail Job「Talker」, with My Brains and Dependable Allies’ Abilities, I’m the World’s Strongest Seeker~"

He Who Fights With Monsters - MC is dangerous on his own, but most certainly not the only dangerous member of his party. His class is built around Giant Killing, but the world itself has direct limitations on how far one can do so. He also is far worse at taking hits than many of his party members. Basically, if it was an RPG, MC would be a Rouge/Assassin build.

The Humble Life of a Skill Trainer - MC is weak in combat. His world has skills, and his literal job is to torture people to improve or gain certain skills. While he is trained to fight, he didn't find it enjoyable, but found learning and studying skills to be enjoyable. The story seems to be that of the MC going from being enemies of half the better educated & more powerful population due to his job to being targeted by them because, though his job, he stumbled upon the secrets they wanted to keep hidden to enhance their personal power.

Just a Bystander - MC goes to Magic University as the head of his class in the same year that a student that's the focus of a Major Prophesy does so. No, it is not the MC, re-read the title. Anyway, things happen and the MC's life gets more interesting, while he loses many of the benefits his fellow classmates unknowingly have for being classmates with said Major Prophesy Classmate.

The House Witch - The story of a newly employed Cook in the King's Castle, said cook is a "House Witch", a type of "deficient" witch, that is one who's powers aren't bound to the standard forces of nature, but instead some other, more abstract concept. In the MC's case, the concept of Home, and so long as he is in a home, his power is defined by that home. This means that in a place that feels like home to a lot of people, like this king's castle, the MC is quite powerful, but if he so much as walks to the town's streets, he becomes powerless. In exchange, he's not as limited in his powers as normal witches, nor reliant on having to study for his powers, like Mages.

Randolph likes this.
  8. skyfall3250

skyfall3250 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Saihate no Paladin. Unfortunately, not much is translated. Pretty sure the manga has more translated chapters lol

10. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Randolph likes this.
  11. Lilix66

Lilix66 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The S classes that i raised -mc literally the weakest here, only F class