Spoiler The Grand princess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aquaa, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Aigo so much of misunderstanding

SamSam and Rania want to QT like this.
  2. Persefone

Persefone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm on chapter 78 and so far the Female Lead is very frustrating and cold.
    I think Pei Wenxuan should've tried to find another lover. I mean, I can't really like Li Rong. She is like those cold MLs we love to hate (she dismisses and belittles him and stomps on his feeling like any abusive male lead would).
    I think Pei Wenxuan deserves better but maybe she'll change a little as the story progresses. So far I doubt she likes anyone at all.
    I just want Pei Wenxuan to be happy and I don't think Lin Rong is his happiness but what do I know...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  3. Rania want to QT

Rania want to QT Love my Wi-Fi

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer smart female leads and Lin Rong would have made a warm family with Pei Wenxuan if he wasn't attached to his moonlight.
    He also scorn her and fight with her. I don't see anything wrong with a bickering couple.

4. Raihan345

Raihan345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Persefone

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it's that simple, she is really a cold person. They admit in the story that even if Su Rongqing and QZZ didn't exist, it would be difficult for them to be together because she simply doesn't have any of these feelings at all (for him at least, bc she is usually quite shaken by her ex-lover presence).
    He is doing all the work there and she basically doesn't care, she keeps having nostalgic thoughts about Su Rongqing. It's difficult to understand her.
    I think she doesn't feel any different about Pei Wenxuan than she felt about Su Ronqing, actually she admits earlier in the novel that she has more feelings for SR. I kind of think they would fit better than her and Pei Wenxuan...
    Still, I haven't finished the novel, maybe her character will change....so far (on chapter 96) I still think Pei Wenxuan deserves better.

BTW from what I got, Pei Wenxuan never did anything to harm her, she was the one who sent SR to kill Pei Wenxuan when she thought he poisoned her (he didn't).

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    rock.doll likes this.
  6. Yunfei Xu

Yunfei Xu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just go on and read. U will find Li Rong on the second life care about ML. She even threatened to kill SRQ coz he tried to kill ML. Imo, MC always love ML, both of them still young and hot temper and keep their pride at the first life. At second life, ML always tolerate and try to be considerate to MC, MC slowly also do the same thing.

Sorry I dont know how to make spoiler box.

7. Purple Iris

Purple Iris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I skipped a lot since the MTL hurt my head. I only know that in the end, MC becomes a female Emperor since her brother leaves the country since he feared that they might fight for power.
    Her brother used to put poison on the chess pieces which she used to play whenever he called her to meet him during seclusion. He was the one who ordered SRQ to give the bowl of medicine that reacted with the poison in her body.
    I just want to know how they solved the issue of taxing nobles. I only know that it was by imposing some laws related to concubines, but can someone give me the specifics? MTL was hard to understand.

-NEAR-, Nefroza, rock.doll and 7 others like this.
  8. seabreezemojito

seabreezemojito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm i dont think i would call her cold, but i would say shes a tough person but yet a very timid person at the same time. She said that other people told her that her father built a tower for her mother empress because of how much he loves her, but she thought thats wrong, its just an occasional good will between man and woman, where is the love?
    I mean she lives her life seeing her father pampered other women more than her mother, infact her father wants to “strangle them to death”, her father said he care about his children but yet he literally hurt his son (crown prince) because he was afraid of the power his in law (the empress family) has. Her father said he cares about her but yet he indulged his favorite concubine to undermine the princess. Her father said he cares for her and wish for her to have a happy marriage life but yet all of the candidates he chose all are not the best (except thank god pei wenxuan), he chose those four candidates because their family power will not mount to anything for the crown prince. Her father said he care for her but time and time again we see that her father will abandon her right away the moment she is in the way of his imperial power. Her mother used her and her brother for her maiden family. All her life, she only see people care more for power, they forget they were family, or they just didnt care, power is all that matter. So when Pei Wenxuan said he loves her, pretty sure she was afraid that all will be lost in the blink of an eye. Remember the last lifetime they only spent 1.5 years before they both gave up their feelings for each other. If im not mistaken Su Rongqing only came to their relationship 10 years after that (because from MTL they both said they spent more than 20 years in marriage, but then I remembered its either pei wenxuan or the princess that said “afterall we only have good times for 1.5 years but ive/she has been together with su rongqing for 10 years”) [however i could be mistaken about this]

She wants to treat him the best and care for him, i think she really love Pei Wenxuan even tho not a sexual kind of love, but a familial love more than her family (at the beginning). Afterall none of her family member actually truly care for her, all of their care will be gone when power come to the mix.

And she even said that she doesnt think that there will be a person who likes/loves her, because she is a very hard person to love. She doesnt have any confidence that there will be someone who loves her, so she doesn’t believe it even tho that person is standing right in front her eyes. So i really am glad that she actually got together with pei wenxuan, shes a very lonely person.

Li Rong was stunned, and then listened to Pei Wenxuan's low voice: "His Royal Highness, it's not difficult to have someone who likes you wholeheartedly."

Li Rong didn't speak. After listening to Pei Wenxuan's words, she felt ridiculous at first, and then felt a bit unspeakable regret, and finally turned into a bit of confusion and a bit of expectation that she hardly realized.

She subconsciously wanted to speak.

She wanted to ask, how can it be easy for people who have never seen something that has never been obtained in a lifetime?

But she didn't speak, she would ask these things when she was young, and now she doesn't ask them anymore.

It does not matter.

She doesn't care.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  9. Anisfii

Anisfii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read this novel yesterday because the summary is interesting...

Unfortunately, there's still few chapters (but the translation superb) so I read MTL but it give me headache...the translator really do a good job especially with those note that explains some Chinese terms.

I skip and read ahead near the finale. So I know that actually Su Ronqing also reborn, anyone know in which chapter explain the death of SRQ in past life?

Also in the end did he really die in palace's fire, or escape through the secret passages?

Thank you in advance

10. Rania want to QT

Rania want to QT Love my Wi-Fi

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? Reallly!
    Was there a discount for rebirth tickets back then?
    Who else it can't be the empress of LC in his past life?

Anuska and Aeiru28 like this.
  11. seabreezemojito

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys i just want to share my favorite moment of this novel,
    This is what concubine rou said to the emperor
    "Li Ming, do you know why you are so useless in your life?"

"If you want to say ruthless, you are not ruthless enough." Xiao Rou's voice is hoarse, "if you want to say good, you are not kind enough. As a monarch, you are not kind, as a son you are not filial, as a father you are ruthless, as a husband you are unjust."
    yes the emperor is the number one disgusting villain for me atleast
    I dont understand his worry of the empress maiden family at all. His mom is from that clan which mean that is his clan, if he wants to weaken it he could with other ways, but then he chose to hurt his wife, his son, his daughter by using his other women other son and other daughter. Even when he knows he was old and about to die, he still want that concubine rou’s son to be the emperor. Not because he loved concubine rou and his son, nor because he think that concubine rou’s son capable of being a good ruler. But because he just want to kill the empress maiden family which is his own maternal family. I dont get it, the novel never said anything about the maiden family ever try to hurt him or people he cares about, the only thing he couldnt stand is he thinks his maternal family clan are too strong and therefore challenging his imperial power. But really? You’re about to die, it all wont fuckin matter whether your maternal family die, they cant challenge your imperial power anymore if youre dead -_-

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  12. Anisfii

Anisfii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Hehe I don't know anyone else, the reborn people I know just Li rong, PW, and SRQ. For SRQ I know after I read chapter 159

13. lazykitty_99

lazykitty_99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the thing about being incompetent.when a person is incompetent he will blame the weakest one of all so as to feel good about himself...

14. Persefone

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished reading the novel on MTL and I did feel satisfied with her and Pei Wenxuan.
    Not that I approve of her character, but I understand her coldness and aloofness was also out of self-preservation.
    Still, I like Pei Wenxuan more, he is simply the better person in the relationship.
    He had to fight for her to admit even to herself that she liked him. It's not easy to deal with someone like that and Pei Wenxuan had to have a lot of self-confidence to accept her mentality. For her, it didn't matter who she was with, she would be with someone so Pei Wenxuan had to accept that he was nothing special for her as a man or a person. I guess in the end, she let herself feel something for him or accept that she always felt something for him.
    It feels fresh because the FL has this type of personality that is different from the usual FLs around, so I really enjoyed the novel.

15. Kurobito

Kurobito 『Roommate Destroyer』『黒の大名』

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone can spoil me like when mc is pregnant with ml's child. Which chappy pleaseee

Elisabete likes this.
  16. Yunfei Xu

Yunfei Xu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its almost at the end of story, 156 maybe..

Uncopyright, Elisabete and Kurobito like this.
  17. seabreezemojito

Reading List:
    Link
    They know she is pregnant right before the “rebellion” and the mc supposed to escape to a far away place but our ML wouldnt allow it (because pregnant woman cant handle long journey + being stressed)

18. Kurobito

Kurobito 『Roommate Destroyer』『黒の大名』

Reading List:
    Link
    May i know:
    1.)how many children they have and
    2.) when does mc and ml acknowledge their feelings toward each other?

Elisabete likes this.
  19. Princess Renesmee

Princess Renesmee Cry baby

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds interesting. I'll check it now :blobokhand::blobokhand::blobokhand:

20. seabreezemojito

Reading List:
    Link
    1. They have 2 children, The eldest, a girl and the second one, a boy (if im not mistaken, i read it from MTL, don’t expect too much on the accuracy). The eldest will become the next ruler, while the boy will become the ML’s family next head

2. I think very very late in the novels, if I remember correctly the confirmation of their feelings happened around the time she knows she is pregnant, like they both have ted talk with each other. To be more precise, they plan to kill concubine rou’s son at an imperial family hunt outing, but the enemy (concubine rou’s daughter) plan to kill MC’s Brother and MC, MC will fall with the second ML after being chase out by the assassin (second ML did plan to kill her brother but he didnt plan to kill her so when he knew concubine rou’s daughter sent assassins to kill MC, he tried to protect her). Anyway the second ML will basically spill out every conspiracy in the last life, this made the MC break down and kind of close off her walls again (even tho before this she just accepted that she could like ML, and ML really really like her). After she was rescued by ML + rescue team, the doctor was called to check up on her, thats when ML knows she is pregnant, but he kept it a secret because he worried she will be more stress out if she knew she was pregnant, then they have a ted talk.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020