Question Stocking Up On a Novel Only to Realize Someone Already Started Translating it.

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by LilCookiez, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact that you initially decided to drop the novel after seeing that they had started it is already a significant compromise on your side, one that I hope they appreciate. It's admirable that you were willing to compromise further to try and make them happy, but you really didn't need to if they're not the English licensor.

As far as NU's rules go at least, there are no issues with listing both translations as long as they both start at Chapter 1. And the term of not mentioning the other translator's website will only harm them once they pass Chapter 18.

LilCookiez and riririn like this.
  2. riririn

riririn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay I'm glad you were able to work something out!
    but also if you don't mention the Chinese title then how can you give credit to the author ;w;

nyamachi and LilCookiez like this.
  3. LilCookiez

LilCookiez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My translator really wanted to continue translating this novel, but as a translator myself, I understand the current translator's pain. I wouldn't want another translation group translating the novel I'm translating and at a faster pace when I've invested time and money into the novel.

I'm just really glad we've reached a point where we mutually on the terms. ~
    I'll learn from my mistakes this time and in the future, I'll check NU everyday. xD

Jaspaaar and riririn like this.
  4. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    next time, probably release one chapter first and let other people know that this project has been taken and you are trying to stockpile more chapters, better yet, leave it for a week before translating the second chapter. So if anyone else is translating the same project, they will contact you.

Udgard and LilCookiez like this.