LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only compensation I can think of is the Skill reward when switching to a new class. But that occurs for everyone. :blobawkward:

All I know is that the Slave Class isn't used anymore (and maybe even removed as a Job option). As it is a punishment, I don't think it gives any compensation.

2. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing you lose some of the skills and stats gained through leveling the job, maybe some of your over-all levels, but it wasn't only the Slave job that was forced on Tarea, so there must be some way other than the government to force things like the Prostitute job. Maybe it locks all the skills attached to the job you short-change? Does anyone remember if Tarea mentioned not being able to level her crafting skills, over those years?

3. secretish

secretish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the wiki, the slave job change doesn't do anything for existing skills, but removes the status bonuses from the previous job and prevents the previous one from being leveled. I think that means you can still level the skills, which Tarea did, but would lose the bonus for leveling them faster from the previous job. It ended up taking her far longer to level the skills than it would have otherwise because of that, but it doesn't directly affect your current skills right when you change.

CountryMage likes this.
  4. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say that if he is crazy in the aspect that he is out of the normal thought of any living being on this planet, even more than some evil gods, he also has some small violent tendencies, his attacks from above when he feels dissatisfaction and his attitudes sometimes unreasonable , but that's mostly when it comes to Heinz and anyone who touches a molecule of a member of his group
    that is reasonable, the work system is something inspired by terrestrial video games with which one can choose one of the several available routes, but the operation itself is manipulating one's internal energies, while the rank system forces a mutation when a certain limit is reached

CountryMage and KageTokage like this.
  5. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar [Innocent]

Reading List:
    Link
  6. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the new chapter not appearing on the Latest Releases' section of the Home page? Just curious.

7. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, after the intense battle of the previous chapter I have a little rest watching the battles on other fronts, with some fights being intense and others being even comical, who do they think has it worse, those who are with the team, girls break worlds or the four who believe they have a chance against a group of warriors and monsters of rank 10 on average, although perhaps the most unfortunate is the lord died by a skeleton

Paps likes this.
  8. Amuris

Amuris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still don't think it's correct to consider Van's violent outbursts as a sign of insanity. It may not be perfectly logical but him lashing out at someone who killed his mother and then running around as a powerful authority figure while threatening to kill him and the rest of his family is probably one of his most human reactions to anything that's happened. Even in cases where he logically knows it wouldn't help still lashing out for something that serious is normal and, even, healthy. Sanity doesn't mean being logical. As for him being compared to the planets norm, yeah, but it's not like we don't understand were he's coming from so it's odd for a reader to call him insane.

Baldingere and Bielt like this.
  9. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when did iris level up her endless sexual stamina? I can't wait for George to learn a skill so he can fly and attack.
    • Endless Sexual Stamina: Level 5 (LEVEL UP!)

Nakakure and Paps like this.
  10. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I was wondering! (Both thoughts actually, but mostly the Endless Sexual Stamina part)

It states that George can attack on his own already, but is weaker than if Iris wields him. (He's got the Self-Enhancement: Iris Skill after all.)

Nakakure, diamonds and spycho357 like this.
  11. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he already has Spirit manifestation skill so like the miads armor he can recreate a spiritual body, but since he is stronguer in iris hand that on his own.

12. daxrocket

daxrocket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her skill might have leveled up because of a rank increase. That or her job increased the skill level.

spycho357 and KageTokage like this.
  13. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahah.

What's with Luciliano's magic in this chapter? Life and Death magic are two sides of the same coin, maybe.

Looks like the jig is up for Darcia, Zadiris, Basdia, and Vandalieu next chapter because they're going to go all out in front of the populace.

Eddy andres and Paps like this.
  14. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    They are, the magic of life gives, the magic of death takes away, but they can also be reversed. They are also the only magic that can manipulate souls

Nakakure likes this.
  15. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im pretty sure life doesnt manipulate souls only death does

16. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're not even going all out, they're holding back a lot... but they're still causing sweatdrops all around. It's great! Haha.

17. Eddy andres

Reading List:
    Link
    I am based on the soul bond that existed between Lucilian and Pauvina, although that could be a non-exclusive ability of the magic of life, although I believe souls enter the autonomy of the attribute of life, just not at the level of the attribute of death, transference and small links at most, I may also be wrong, which is very likely

18. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    New Chapter? Man I am so damn exhausted I don't think I can even read.

19. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Life magic manipulates life force. Death magic manipulates death.
    Life atribute should not have any magic that directly manipulates the soul, the closest would be increased healing effect like the Goddes of sleep/slumber did for Heinz in her divine realm. So it dhoukd be possible to do so, but in a highly specialiced version of life magic.
    On the other hand you you are technicly dead first after your soul is gone from the body, so death magick that deals with death is able to manipulate the souls easier.

One thing to remember is that Van spent about 20 years as a soul. Not being able to to use anything else than his soul. So his ability to manipulate souls should be greater than most death mages would be able to reach in their life/unlife.

20. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Live dead doesn't manipulate the soul. It keeps a recently dead body alive in a Haitian zombie type of way. Body still lives, no soul to animate it.
    It was implied that Pauvina was murdered by the lord that hired Luciliano to provide him with a body to scout with. Pauvina's ghost hanging around is the only reason Van knew the livedead wasn't just a shellshocked victim. She was severely degraded and couldn't say how she had died.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020