LCD Carefree Path of Dreams

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Xpekt, Mar 24, 2018.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I am currently rereading carefree path of dreams from the begining and am currently on ch148 on the reread and those early chapters are really weak. There is a lot of scenes that are complete nonsense.

It does not help that the translation is utterly awful compared to WMW which got an amazingly high quality translation by wuxiaworld.
    But even putting aside the translation those early chapters are pretty darn weak.
    And later on both of them have had other worlds be insufficiently alien and too samey.

Plus a lot of people do shit on WMW too for the MC being evil and dry.
    I do quite enjoy the later chapters of carefree path of dreams though.

2. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WMW doesn't have any attention to details, everything is just the AI chip and percentage of understanding of something.

If you read the OG TWW and CPoD, there were a lot of details on why and how is something in the novel came to existence.

Young readers don't like that though, they just want instant power ups and don't want to read any struggles or conflicts.

TWW is probably one of the early pioneers of the system or AI chip on Chinese novels, it also works differently. The MC has to ingest every plant for the AI chip to cross reference and store information. While WMWs AI chip is somehow close to omniscient and it also works as a radar. Like WTF. XD

But yeah, The Plagiarist presented Get Lost's works in a cleaner and reader friendly manner. So for a copycat, he sure does have talent on this field. They are probably just the same people anyway, and he just want to milk his novels twice. XD

3. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. You are confusing your arguments. Before you were comparing WMW to CPOD. Now you are comparing TWW, which is completely different.

2. The wizard world is pure unadulterated crap as per my review on it

3. Your dismissal of people who like WMW as young and immature is elitist and silly. WMW is simply a far better story than both TWW and CPOD. It is written far better.

4. Your claim that those other works do more world building than WMW is laughably wrong.

5. As for relying on the AI chip... well, CPOD has The Stats Screen and TWW has the same AI chip. And while WMW AI chip has the scanner system, TWW AI chip has the energy storage system (it was able to store magical energy the first time he encountered it randomly as an untrained mortal, extracting it from the broken magic ring and making use of it to boost the MC. which is ridiculous. WMW AI chip on the other hand required the MC to cultivate capabilities for it to piggy back over)

6. WMW is absolutely a flawed story. But you are unfairly critical of it while unfairly lenient towards those other less popular fics. I am not saying WMW is perfect, far from it. But that the people are not wrong for finding it better than those other examples.

7. What really sells WMW is the unique MC. Evil MCs usually hypocritically call themselves good, randomly commit suicide by chasing every treasure to survive on plot armor, and constantly think with their penis when chasing waifus. Although CPOD at least avoids the last folly it does still fall into the first two. The only two cases I know of in NU of an evil MC that is only acting for his own benefits, is not a hypocrite, does not chase waifu, and does not consciously rely on plot armor but instead avoids danger when possible are Gu Daoist Master and Warlock of the Magus World.
    "if I go there chasing treasure I will lose my little life" - Leylin Farlier, Warlock of the Magus World

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  4. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WMW is TWW and CPoD combined. How can you not see this?

Also the anti hero MC get old really fast. I dropped Daoist Gu because it became boring after he fvcked all his relationships. It was great to see these anti hero MCs because they don't act as babysitters to side characters, but it will also make the story stale. If it's a novel with less than 500 chapters then it is tolerable, great even. However, reading about an MC who treat everyone as trash and disposable can be really tiring once you're on the 4 digit chapters.

That wasn't an elitist remark but a simple hypothesis based from statistics. Shounen readers don't pay attention to details, that's the reason why they also love tiktok and vines so much. They don't care about the preparations when someone wants to jump from a building or a ring of fire, they just want to see all the action and none of the fat.

And just as I said, The Plagiarist made his copied novels look better. He cut out the fat and make the novel less verbose, which is a common thing on Chinese novels. My main pet peeve is just he cut off too much.

skyfall3250 likes this.
  5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I said completely different I meant TWW is completely different from CPoD.

Basically I was complaining about this happening
    You: CPoD is better than WMW
    Me: Here is why I disagree
    You: So you think WMW is better than TWW?

I was not stating that WMW has nothing to do with TWW, because it obviously rips it off. I was complaining about you retroactively changing your argument.
    An anti hero is a hero that enacts goodness via socially unacceptable means. The punisher is an anti-hero because he brutally murders mobsters and their families. Meanwhile the justice leagues are heroes because they arrest their villains, no matter how many times the joker breaks out of arkham asylam and how many people he murders, he never gets the death penalty and the justice league never just kills him. In fact in the one timeline where superman does kill him it makes him an insane evil dictator instead of just being pro death penalty.

WMW and GDM have villain MC not anti-hero MCs.
    I find those two MC's a breath of fresh air because it is so so rare to find a villain MC that does not think with his dick, is not doing evil for evils sake but actually for benefits, and does not act lolrandumb, and is not a hypocrite claiming to be a good guy (and worse having the universe and author word affirm this lie).

For you personally it does not seem to matter and thus you are sick and tired of them. Me? I am personally utterly sick and tired of bad villain MCs and thus it is a breath of fresh air to have those evil villain MCs who are actually competent, not lolrandumb, not doing evil for evil's sake (even when it harms them), not constantly telling us how righteous they are, and not stopping to white knight every pair of jadelike beauty they see.

As I wrote in my WMW review, if there were more such "competent evil" MCs I would drop WMW from 4 stars to 3 starts, it only gets that 1 extra star for the sheer novelty of its MC.

Also, considering the kind of evil stuff the MCs of both TWW and CPOD end up getting to in later chapters I am shocked you are defending them both as "better than WMW". Not only are they much worse written than it, but their MC's are equally evil, they just take longer to stop claiming to be good guys.

MC becomes a demon god and basically destroys worlds for his own benefit the same way that leylin in WMW does once he becomes an evil god

The Centaur incident...
    As explained here https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-wizard-world/#comment-69510
    This story is worse in my book because MC is evil but claiming to be a good guy

and lets not forget his unconditional love and support for the father of the corpse he body snatched. despite said father being one of the most evil fictional characters I have ever seen. And incompetently evil at that

=======
    He did not JUST cut stuff out, he also added. He fundamentally changed the characters themselves and their reactions to things.

Also, combining parts from multiple different stories is basically how all stories get made. Nothing is 100% original, sometimes you would have a story with a tiny bit of originality thrown in amongst the various different ideas that were taken from other works of fiction

firefox1234 and GoMaste like this.
  6. GoMaste

GoMaste Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Truthfully, CPoD is not that bad, But after qidian took it the translation quality dropped immensely. Basically, making it unreadable.
    I hope it gets edited one day.

mrttao likes this.
  7. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sadly true, translation quality is almost on par with MTL

hillo315 likes this.
  8. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    see how strong abominable lord is does anyone understand the backstory of him and da qian world. as in when why and how did he come to be. we like won't an answer from the guy himself see how we are moving to a half a realm higher even though the Mc has done little of noteworthy in the lower realms as of since ascending to demon master. the author is slowly losing my interest with this sky above the sky trope with some much left unfulfilled.

mrttao likes this.
  9. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author is also really rushing through the realms at an obscenely faster speed.

hillo315 likes this.
  10. kennykdogg

Reading List:
    Link
    it feels weird hearing the Mc brag about his experience and people and the comment believe he and abominable lord are equal now. the abominable lord had 81 daos, spacetime, and a god nation. maybe he does a lot we don't know off screen, but all I know is without the Stat window all he has is the world's fate soul or heaven child plot device that might make them even. only if the world reject abominable lord like he was 40 chapters ago.

11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is not bragging that they are equal.

He is stating that they are both equally stripped down of powers for the current world and thus neither has an advantage.
    First the abominable lord was burning his dao for a powerup to try to catch FY while FY was running away and getting power from the china universe.

When the distance they ran was enough that they became balanced (due to being much closer to china world than to the demonheart realm) the two of them voluntarily stripped themselves of all daos, cultivation, and special abilities (including MC's gamerlike RPG system) and merged them into a prize with preset rules for a winner take all competition.

That way they would benefit form the fight instead of destroying thesmelves fighting.
    So now the MC is stating that he is equal to the abominable lord because they have both been stripped down to nothing.

Yes the abominable lord sacrificed more daos into the bet, but since both of them have a portion of the dream-master dao and it is a critical dao for both of them to advance to dao fruit realm, it does not really matter how many daos they sacrifice.
    They must devour each other to complete the dream-master dao and advance to dao fruit realm.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    Shadow of Marethyu likes this.
  12. kennykdogg

Reading List:
    Link
    i know the plot. my comment is based on the current plot where the Mc cultivates laws and techniques fast due to prior experience. even now the Mc keep praising space-time law which the abominable lord had. the Mc is delusional if he thinks they are equals while giving no context, but boasting about stuff that his enemy is known to have at least a half step more.

hillo315 likes this.
  13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is not boasting, he is saying the current universe they are in is one in which studying the laws of space-time is much less hard than usual. And is setting it as his goal, he is also targeting the laws of space with his totem evolution plan. And saying space is very useful for running away and saving his life allowing him to adventure when he gets it (thanks to the totem).
    Space is not even the primary law of the abominable lord, just one of better ones of the 90 laws he had.

14. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh ending. Story seemed to really end with the Abominable Lord, everything after just kind of puttered along into nonsense.

kennykdogg likes this.
  15. kennykdogg

Reading List:
    Link
    this is nonsensical. the more i read the more i think about the begin. the Abominable Lord just keep becoming more interested as a character. it's as if the author was tell us he is kill off the old way or literal protagonist and on to the new.

16. Shadow of Marethyu

Shadow of Marethyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ending is kind of open ended too.
    Got some background on his cheat which is a lot more than other authors.
    He saved or restored his home universe …. cool. Now what?
    Will he try ascend even more , is it possible to ascend even more , etc
    I mean he didn't stop earlier as an outer god when he felt he peaked.
    Plus can't another Dao lord reach his level unless he kills them off early.
    Story ended … yep … just doesn't feel Terminal or absolute.
    Abdominable .was kind of the endgame. Now it feels like unlimited overtime.

Still enjoyed the read even with the ups ,downs ,extensions ,fast forwards ,etc.
    Author ended it best he could without glaring plot holes at least.

17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly the last arc was pretty weak.

18. ALth3A

ALth3A 【Farming lv14】【Cooking lv30】【Crafting lv18】

Reading List:
    Link
    I like farming.. and living a simple life... if only the MC didnt focus too much on his cultivation.

19. skyfall3250

skyfall3250 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys can anyone tell me when he starts going into the different worlds seriously?

I stopped reading when he was going to da qin Empire. I want the approximate chapter no. Where he starts jumping to worlds

20. Clinton55_Agyei

Clinton55_Agyei Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Read
    Read the story the traversing the world arc begins at that moment. It is very great novel