OuYang NaNa's Incident

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kumo723, Oct 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    Have anyone heard about what happened to Taiwanese actress and musician Ouyang Nana? Taiwan is suing her for $500,000 because they didn't like what she was saying. People out there is supporting Taiwan saying they're a democracy but then the Taiwanese government's sueing this poor independent young girl for half a million for singing a song they didn't like.The song is called "My Motherland"

2. riririn

riririn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a clarification, it's NT$ 500,000 and not $500,000, and it's a threat to fine her, not a suit. Here's an article about it but basically there's a law in Taiwan that says people can't cooperate with political parties/military/any political groups that work against Taiwan and it's been announced that she (and other Taiwanese singers) are performing at a special for China's anniversary. Kind of a backwards rule but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    Wowwwww freedom is so real in my country to the point that you can insult anything even president, except you don't go to the field of religion

4. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    whats NT? and she's just an entertainer singing. And u can love both China and Taiwan and be proud of it.

5. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it just balance as it is since China just literally attack japanese vtubers for saying Taiwan is a country. The saltiness is understable due to how China always bullies Taiwan and my country.
    So taiwanese might see her as a traitor...

reagents 11, Sabruness and lehur like this.
  6. MonkeDanana

MonkeDanana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "2. Any cooperative activity involving political nature with any individual, juristic person, organization, or other institution of the Mainland Area"

She can be sued for $3500-17,000 for appearing in a show that's celebrating CCP's 71st anniversary. Is it right or wrong? I don't know. All I know is that Taiwan don't want to be part of China.

7. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading the news, I support Taiwan, coz Chinese's so dumb, that country think all including south korea is his territory, Taiwan is country rule by themself not chinese,
    You know that singer pay by chinese to propaganda communist how could Taiwan obey, and title "My Homeland", are you kidding love both Taiwan Chinese, he if your country being annex by us, do you think you will gonna love us, moron

Ai chan and Sabruness like this.
  8. riririn

Reading List:
    Link
    It's NT$ = New Taiwan Dollar. The symbol for New Taiwan Dollar is NT$ and it's only like 30 NTD to 1 USD. You're misrepresenting it by not including the currency. Also you can love both China and Taiwan but there's also politics. It'd be like if the US asked BTS to perform at a national celebration or something. Plus, it's against the law, so they should enforce it. Although I do think it's ridiculous that Taiwan has something like that in place.

reagents 11 likes this.
  9. MonkeDanana

MonkeDanana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so mad at this. The Chinese are spamming "apologize to China" in chat and Cover suspended Coco and Haachama.

10. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't trust China, China is asshole

11. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    There are plenty cases of people being proud to love Taiwan but get attack by china keyboard warriors which they end getting on war with the Thailand who just made them into a meme.

On the account of you getting angry with the Taiwan.
    What are your opinion about China for attacking Vtubers just because they called Taiwan a country?
    Or a thailand icon that called her outfit taiwanese style not chinese causing anger from the chinese?
    Or the racism of china to blacks in china calling them the source of corana virus?
    Or the China ordering WHO to ignore Taiwan warning about the pandemic?
    Or China attacks on Philippine sea even though everyone ruled the Philippines own it?
    Or China attack on India sending poor innocent young men to their deaths?
    Or the blatant censorship of Call of Duty about Titamen Massacre since China is triggered about it?
    Or Disney support to China's Organ traffacking concentration camp?

Sabruness likes this.
  12. riririn

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wanted to add that although it's not right that Chinese netizens always attack people/companies that say Taiwan is a country, it's really not any better that Taiwan has this law to fine people simply for acting with a party that has different political views. There's no need to stoop so low.

otaku31 and reagents 11 like this.
  13. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup it pretty annoying pretty much since I'm into hololive EN.
    There are Hololive Vtubers in China so I hope they will be transfered to Taiwan for there safety.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  14. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    Black people ain't racism, coz in chinese culture black just so unhuman by nature, they sometime prohibited going to club, etc
    Why would racism to unhuman

15. JinVodka

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they only went this far to avoid spies in there country and to avoid being bullied to submission by bribing people.
    The fact they made this into law is how they might see how dangerous china propaganda be. In my country there are crazy people trying to put tarpulin and products that China own my country.

It might be extreme measure but at least it is not shot to kill or go to concentration camp measure where your organs will be taken to be sold.

There was this art gallery in china about black culture and it was just so bad they just made them like animals. Glad it was closed but still how disgusting.....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2020
    Sabruness likes this.
  16. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    It's an extreme measure, sure, but sometimes extreme measures are needed. CCP will do anything they can to try and gain control of Taiwan, including through propaganda.
    These performers doing something so obviously inflammatory and, likely seen by some taiwanese as being traitorous, brings into question their intelligence. That or their true affiliation.
    Seems like this performer in particular seems to have some history with being pro-PRC, at least according to the article listed somewhere above.

Ai chan likes this.
  17. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought political shit are not allowed in NU?

18. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    OrdinaryUser was here to mine some nuffies before thread lock.:blobpopcorn:

Sabruness and reagents 11 like this.
  19. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's allowed until the mods find it, just like speeding until the police catch you.

Sabruness and reagents 11 like this.
  20. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, gotta leave my mark here then before this thread got deleted

Sabruness likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.