Tabula Rasa - Words of Power (Roleplay Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Roleplay | OOC | Archive | Event

Introduction:

You wake, feeling the crumbling earth beneath your fingers. Grass and flowers line the ground upon which you lay, you who had stayed and rested for...how long? The surroundings are as foreign as the skies above; who are you, and why are you here? The memories stay out of reach, out of grasp, but they will return given time.

It’s a beautiful day. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming. On days like these, amnesiacs like you...

----------
    Tabula Rasa - Words of Power is a freeform RP in which the players control characters with Amnesia in a high-fantasy world. The characters might have reincarnated, transmigrated, simply be from that world with Isekai, or anything you want and can regain their memories at the player's discretion.
    ----------
    Concepts:
    The characters themselves each have control over a few concepts and can learn new concepts from others or by themselves. These concepts always are described with a single word and can be used to affect reality and be combined in various ways.

This is not limited by language, but do mention how the new phrase is derived if it isn't obvious.

Some examples are the following:
    E.g. Fire + Cause = Smoke (Using CN)
    Fire + Water = Smoke
    Fire + Human = Fire elemental
    *Exact results may differ from individual to individual.

These concepts might work akin to a spell, and can be applied to anything. They can, for example, transform you, buff people, be a curse, or even conjure a meteor shower.

You can leave them on practically any surface and they’ll function as spells do, but that’s hardly the extent of their usage. Maybe if you play around a little more, mix them up and experiment with the sequences…who knows what might happen?
    ----------
    Rules:
    General forum rules apply
    Do not control the characters of others without their permission
    No character registration is required
    It is recommended, but not necessary, to start with around 3 concepts
    Try to keep a rough description of your character in your signature
    The players start roughly in the same area

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  2. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah!

The girl bolted upright, breathing heavily.

That seemed so real, I almost...

Her thoughts trailed off as she stared at her hand.

I almost...what? This is…what exactly was I doing?

For now, she decided to continue sitting down, looking around at her surroundings, trying to make heads or tails of the situation.
    But nothing clicked.

F***.

Grumbling a little to herself, the girl observed the heavens above. Still dark, but there was a hint of rosy skies in the extreme distance --- no doubt the sun rising in the east.

Wait, how'd I...nevermind.

In the opposite direction she observed, not as far but still reasonably distant, walls behind water. A city in the middle of a lake. The girl noted the long stretch and groaned.

Ain't no way I'm walking.

3. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    "W-what....?"

A young man awoke in a plain fields of grass, a few things blocking his sights as he stare at awe in the world around him. He was clueless and confused as memories to which he wanted to recall yet, something in his mind had been blocking him to discover or unable to remember.

He just stared at the world without any clues whatsoever as he wanted to know why as to where and who he is.

He can't remember anything of his past, name or anything as he would always feel uncomfortable and terrified of the uncertainty of him not remembering his memories.

"I-is there anyone here?"

His voice spoke with a deep and worry voice. Sounding older yet felt it in his mind that he wasn't even old enough to reach a certain age of 30....

'3-30?'

He was confused. Why would he remember that he wasn't old yet unable to know his age? This confuses him as fragmented memories of him slowly began to recall and saw a bit of a certain scene of people gathering in a group and talking and it was as if he had been there since he could feel that he had understand their conversation.

He wanted to know more about what they talk but it was only the feelings of understanding yet it wasn't the info of it.

"A-am i.... Who am I....?"

4. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "I hate this."

An unhappy murmur found itself drifting in the wind. It was not the first.

"Why is the walk so long, this doesn't make any sense at all...and it's so damned cold, it feels like I've been locked in a freezer..."

She ended up walking after all.

"What even is a freezer!"

As she watched the city ahead not get any closer after so long, the girl's grumbling grew louder.

"My tail would have frozen off long since if I had one to start with, hmph. What's a girl gotta do for a little bit of fire---"

Accepted.

"---eh?"

She stared downwards to look at her hand. There was a small cluster of flames dancing across the palms, and she stared at it in silence for one second, two, then three...

"OWWW! HOT HOT HOT---?!"

***​

The grumbling girl continued walking, one hand clenched shut and held immobile. Every so often, she'd sniffle and pause for a few seconds, then---

"Ha---CHOO!"

In her wake, a trail of still smoldering patches of grass.

5. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    "............."

Being in silence for a long time, he stood up and began to walk as his legs to which he had been accustomed to for a long time in his mind slowly walked him over to the plain fields of grass.

He stares left and right as he was still in the open area as he couldn't recall anything other than those fragmented memories of a conversation and he was silent and just normally stroll to the unknown world.

He finds the world to be something surprising as he felt like this world was different and he is in an unknown place. There were no convenience or anything similar to those tiny things he saw in that memory to recall them as he just looks everywhere to find some resemblance to his life.... Yet....

'Nothing here can help me find what i'm looking for.... Huh.....'

Unable to recall, he just sighed as he slowly made his way into the forest and discover from the distance, a young wolf pup who was laying down on the ground with a tiny yelp slowly leaking out.

He wanted to walk towards it yet his instincts had him stopped like it was warning him before he turns left and right towards a direction but noticing his instincts stopped holding him off. He decided that it was safe and slowly walk towards the pup.

Upon closer look, he notice the pup was injured in his legs as he just slowly walking towards it before the pup spots the young man and starts barking with a glare as he stops and finds it worrying to come any closer to the poor pup.

'I wanted to help this poor thing but i don' t know if i can heal..... Heal...?'

[Word Accepted]

"Huh....?"

While it was unknown why the words he said far differs from what he wanted to say, light began to engulf the young pup as it shined and its wounds began to heal as the young man was surprised and felt this wasn't normal.

As the light faded, the young pup's injuries had mysteriously disappeared which shocks the young man. He also notice that the pup's complexion became more find than usual as it happily barks in excitement and suddenly runs away.

"W-what....? What's going on?"

6. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    I open my eyes and a blue sky fills my eyes while I am surprised that I am not dead. On second thought, why should I be dead? It's not like I died or anything, right?

As this thought wanders through my head I sit up, stretching myself as I yawn and take in my surroundings. A lot of grass and open space, a forest in the slight distance, and a city in the distance. Should be about... let's see... yeah, rather far away. No idea why I thought I could estimate the distance in meters. Whatever meters are.

But, looking closely, there seems to be some smoke rising from the grassland between me and the city. And looking around again, I am right in the open. Anything can see me... what if there is someone hostile? Not to mention that my white coat really stands out. No, no, this won't do, this won't do at all.

If only I could conceal myself...

Suddenly, I feel something... vague but definite inside of me. If I had to describe it, it'd be the word concealed. This is strange. But if I can use it on myself...

Just as this thought runs through my mind, I can feel myself crouch down slightly, unconsciously adjusting my posture while my body seems to blur, becoming hard to notice. I struggle to contain the grin breaking out in my face. Like this, I should be rather safe.

Next up would be to get food and drink. As I obviously don't know what I can eat or drink here, I can only try to get help from others. So, to the city it is. With my body still being affected by concealment, I start to make my way to the city.

7. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    From the unknown time i have been here in this strange world, He found it confusing as he was lost and unable to do anything.

'There is a place to which it was constructed like a city but i don't even know if its safe. Would the forest be better or that place?'

The young man was in a strange place with no one to know and teach him as even the memories he have didn't help him think more of his situation.

While he have a mysterious ability he doesn't even know how it works, its specially bad that his memories have disappeared as his only reliance was just that he was careful of his steps.

Finding it odd that he seems more adaptive to his situation even he didn't have any memories as he wanted to know more and even ask wandering people for answers....

Then....

'W-what's that?'

There was something burning in a distance as he was curious and saw @Haxagen to which he was surprise just sitting there like she was waiting for something.

He wanted to ask her something but he suddenly felt like she was dangerous as his instincts kicked in again, warning him of danger.

Fire began flicking from her body like she was unable to control them as he found it odd yet felt she was similar to him. Unable to identify why she could do that and decided have courage and try talking to her.

He decided show up in front of her as he nervously try to introduce himself, having a muscular yet slim body, hair a bit long for a guy and having features to which people would see him as a beautiful woman if not for his clothing looking a bit more masculine.

Giving a nervous smile, he waited for her to respond as he didn't know if she was friendly or not.

"H-hi....?"

8. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Morning..."
    Yawning as he woke up, the creature wondered what was going on. For some reason, she kept hearing buzzes around him. It wanted to remain asleep. However, with all these noises around, it was likely impossible. The created reluctantly stood up and stretched his limbs. They looked at the sky and their surroundings.

"I should to hit the b... the... the... what?"
    No matter how much it rummaged its brain or memories, there was nothing. Nothing was recorded. Names? None. Places? None. People? None. However, something felt amiss. She could still speak. Who was he? It tried to look at its hands but found something blurry instead. Now that they thought of it, no matter which part of their body they looked at, it was blurry. There was no way to discern any kind of shape.

"Mmmm. Well. I lost my memories I guess..? Wait, not completely... I still know how to speak and... well, that I have... or maybe had hands?"
    So, was she a humanoid creature? Actually, what was its gender? It had no idea of.
    "Bah! Who cares! Let's just find... something to drink?"

However, as unfortunate as this is, the scent of burnt grass entered into its nostrils.
    "Okay, let's avoid the fire."
    In any case, it seemed that there was a city out there. Perhaps she could head there.

OOC: Since I don't know what appearance, identity, gender, or whatever to give it, I decided to mix everything up~
    Maybe I will decide later, but for now, who cares~

9. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, isn't this just wonderful.

Her progress to the city was slow, mostly because she had to stoop and set the grass alight every so often for warmth. The wind was biting and she was really wishing for something warmer than a sleeveless shirt and a pair of shorts.

Made the least amount of sense all morning---...

She turned her head partways to glare backwards at the person (@Arcadia Blade) who'd just spoken to her.

I'm gonna beat you up.

Accepted. Registering 'Violent'.

F***ing what...I'll figure you out later.

"What do you want?"

10. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    Giving a glare as if she was currently annoyed at something, The young man could feel her anger as he was nervous like he felt like he never spoken to any person at all.

He knew that this was the first person he met so he was confused as to how should he introduce himself as she was getting angrier the more he wasted her time.

"Um... I'm kinda lost and.... I don't know where i am..."

He decided to be honest since there wasn't anything to say and he needed info in this strange world. While she was dangerous in his eyes, his lack of information was the upmost of importance right now. So, he decided to ask for any info he can get even if its unimportant.

11. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    First time?

For some reason that thought took form in her mind, and the irritated girl swatted it away --- mentally, that is. So she just snorted.

"Perfect. First person I ran into, and it's a fool. This just keeps getting better and better..."

Tossing her head aside with a hmph, she started heading towards the city again.

12. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    As I proceed towards the city, I keep scanning my surroundings warily, afraid of being attacked. Eventually, I happen to stumble upon a young man and a girl that seem to be talking to one another. I am too far away to hear what exactly they are saying, but seeing other humans for the first time, I can't keep myself from approaching them. Still concealed, of course.

Said concealment causes me to unconsciously approach from blind spots while also dampening my steps. As I arrive, the girl just left a few seconds ago. I collect and calm myself, ready to run away should things turn dangerous, and address the young man in front of me:

"Excuse me, can you tell me where we are?"

OOC: Added an appearance to my signature, so you can check it. My character has burn scars all over his body.

13. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    After the girl had left him all alone, He was about to head to the direction where the girl was supposed to head towards as he was stopped by a young man who had burnt scars on his face.

"Excuse me, can you tell me where we are?"

Cautious, he stares at the young man like he was observing his movements as he felt like he was also in the same predictament as him.

"Sorry. I was also asking the girl with the same question as you but as you can see...."

He smiled wryly as he pointed towards the girl who was storming away from them angrily like she was pissed off as he decided to politely bow towards the man and started running at the city, maybe finding out the answers there.

Yet, he unknowingly run fast, quickly passing the girl in a moment of instance as he had already reached the gate and stared at it in awe. He didn't feel like tired or fatigue as if he had instantly run like a long distance without a sweat as he didn't stop when monsters began appearing and seeing people he passed by with shocked expressions as he was already at the gate, which shocks both guards who just stands there and saw a silhouette of a young woman just blitz pass monsters and people without care as he wanted to get info from the guards at the gate instead.

"Excuse me, Can you tell me where i am?"

He decided to act more simple than honestly stating everything since he cause someone to be angry at him and see him as a fool. While he was without memories, he wanted to find out why was he here and where the hell is he as the conversation he had with the girl and the memories he had weren't the same feeling he had thought.

'Why did i feel like the memory of that conversation and my conversation with the girl had differ from what i understand...?'

14. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Oi, you. Are you listening, bastard? Oi.

The girl quickly grew tired of her attempt. Whatever that strange voice had been, they weren't that talkative.

Forget it. Useless thing, like the fool earlier. I'll just figure it out myself. The pieces of the puzzle that I have right now are two single words...'fire' and 'violence', hmm...

She pictured them in her mind, two rows of bright letters swirling around with no apparent purpose, scantly illuminating the surrounding fog. She wasn't sure, but she thought she'd spied something else in the obscure fog; more words, perhaps.

Word obtained --- Imagine.

There it goes again...hmm?

Out of the fog appeared a third row of lettering, blinking into existence.

So whenever I...learn(?) a new word of sorts, I see it more clearly in my head? Though...

Staring at the previous 2 words, she felt like she could do something more with them, but how exactly, she did not know.

I'll have a closer think on it once I've reached th---?!

In the real world, the girl tripped over a pebble and faceplanted splendidly into the dirt.

15. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he sure was gone quickly. But it's interesting to see that there are others like me. My hand slips to one of my pockets out of reflex but fails to find what it is looking for. A shame, I really am curious about what I was looking for.

Onwards to the city, I suppose. I reapply concealment to myself before continuing towards the city - but faster than before. It seems like the young man's hurry infected me. With the pace I'm going at, I might catch up to the girl soon. But the city is still so far away and looking at how fast that young man went...

Yeah, this speed isn't going to cut it. If only I could go as fast as a cheetah, I'd be there in the blink of an eye. Cheetah, cheetah... what's a cheetah anyway? Just as I ask myself this question, I feel the concept of a cheetah within me. Well, that is convenient. I wonder whether I can apply it to myself the same way as concealment?

I pause and concentrate before I feel my body buckle as pain shoots through my body as I collapse on the floor, my limbs twitching and trembling as my muscles squirm beneath my skin as short hair sprouts from it. After a couple of seconds, the pain finally ends and I get back up from the floor, brushing some dirt off my coat with my now clawed hands.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't quite it. However, my body feels light, and I am struggling to suppress an innate urge to dash around freely or chase some prey. No no, get yourself together. If this doesn't help me speed up, it would have been for nothing. A few deep breaths and I manage to calm myself.

Great. Now time to see how much faster I am. I start sprinting towards the city, first on both of my legs. Much, much faster than I could possibly be before. Following an innate impulse, I drop low, also using my arms to sprint, and manage to go even faster than before.

Just as I start to enter a trance, I spot the girl from earlier, currently in the process of faceplanting into the ground. That looks like it hurt. I try to come to a halt, skidding over the ground as I plant my feet into the ground, almost falling over but managing to catch myself due to the inherent dexterity of a cheetah.

When I finally come to a halt near the girl, she already hit the ground. Oh well, nothing I can do about that. I cancel the cheetah effect on myself, which this time is far less painful and completed immediately, and approach the girl, offering her my hand to pull her up.

"You need a hand?"

16. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    Elysion, the city of new beginings.

Made for people who want to become adventurers, most people who want to either escape from something, or having no place to go, this place welcomes all people who wishes to start a new life as the young man had entered after being questioned a bit by the guards and lead to a certain building to register himself.

The guards gave a suspicious glare to the young man, who not only appeared out of nowhere, run so fast from a distance and even cause an incident to which he was seen near in the area where the fire had started. He explained to them truthfully as they didn't believe him due to being someone suspicious and losing memories until....

"Would you willing to be testified after placing your hands on this?"

The guards placed an orb which had an intricate design as the young man nodded and placed his hand without hesitation as one of the guard began asking questions.

"Now let me repeat the question. Who are you?"

"I told you guys, i don't know. I just woke up to a field and not even remembering my own name."

As the young man repeated his answer, the guards were surprised that the orb didn't respond and began to feel like the young man was honest with his words to which they had finally believe him.

They continue to ask him more questions before finally believe he didn't lie as they started to think that the orb was broken until thr guard told him to make a lie.

"Um.... I never had any friends....?"

To which the young man had believe it to be a lie yet..... The machine didn't respond to that as well as the guards felt even more confused and felt like it was broken until the young man had spoken a lie.

"I have my memories of my past.....?"

To which the orb began to blink like it had detected a lie and finally made the guards saw that it wasn't broken and the young man was actually telling the truth..... Even the part where he was telling the truth that he didn't have any friends, to which the guards looked at him pity.

And so, he was permitted to stay in the city and register himself as an adventurer toget his identification there.

"While you are a weird person who just appeared out of nowhere, i can tell you aren't a bad guy. After getting your identification at the adventurer's guild, you can pay the entrance fee back after earning enough money from working inside the city or doing quest. We would had put you in a collar that tracks you if you show criminal activity but seeing your honesty, i feel like your quite a nice person who wouldn't scam us."

And so, He heads to the adventurers Guild to which he was greeted by a blond haired woman who happily smiles at him. At first she was surprised that a young woman had just registered to be an adventurer yet upon closer look, she saw that the young woman's get-up was more masculine and finally saw him to be a man than a woman.

The young man introduces himself, finally deciding on a name since it would be bad if he didn't have one as the clerk began making his identification card and registering him as an adventurer.

[Name: Sky
    Title: None

He named himself to be Sky, a person who was free and fly into the wide Sky above. Since he felt like he wants to do things without any restrictions, he named himself to be someone like the skies above.

And so, he registered as an adventurer and for the whole day since being in this world, he began helping out with some odd quest which no person would do since it was cheap labor and unwilling to do odd jobs, before finally having enough equipment and fees to pay up the guards to leave and head outside the city to do some herb collection quest.

He also learned a new concept which surprises himself after saving a young kid about to be crash by falling boxes as he shouted 'Teleport' and instantly blink towards the kid's back and push him away before being crush by wooden boxes.

While he felt pain all over, it wasn't much to kill him and he manage to get himself back by using 'Heal' to fix himself back again. And so, he learned two new word as he sets out back to the outside world he once appeared in.

There, as he would head to the forest, he was surprised that he spotted both @Haxagen and @Quaesitor was still there as he happily greets him since there were the first two people he had met in this world.

"Hi guys!"

OOC: Updated my new Character page in my signature.

17. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When May woke up she was kind of startled at what she saw, She was sure she had just finished a hard day of....adventuring? It seemed a bit peaceful as she looked up from the field that she was laying in and looked around and saw that nothing was amiss. That's when she felt her person My money? She tilted her head, what was money? who was she? why was she h ere in this field? did this field give birth to her?

Maybe when a mommy field and a daddy field love each other really well, they create people? She felt like something in that question was way off target but just in case, she hugged the field "Mother I am heading off to be independent now!" She got up and started walking toward the city, full growing independent from what she assumed was her mother after just 10 minutes of looking around.

She spotted @Haxagen @Quaesitor and @Arcadia Blade standing around and walked to them to get some information about what was going on.

18. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    ...The f*ck is going on?

Tripping and falling flat had been okay (it really hadn't), but the nail in the coffin was that someone else had witnessed it. Before she could get her bearings right again there were even more people around her. So she just eyed the person who stretched out a hand, ignored it, and picked herself up.

"Haaah? I'll kill you, b*stard. Get any closer and I'll send you to that great big banquet in the sky."

Conditions met. Restoring: Chuuni.

I'm pretty sure that's an insult, you ass.

Then she glared at the other person --- the same fool from earlier, which had come back for some reason.

"What do you want again? The city guards kicked you out or something?"

@Quaesitor @Arcadia Blade @leegood

19. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    "What do you want again? The city guards kicked you out or something?"

@Haxagen said as she glares at the young man who was trying to be nice to her. He found out that she wasn't really into talking with random strangers that she met as he wanted to greet her politely but seeing her agressive stance on him, he decided to wryly smile like he felt that it might be best not to poke the hornet's nest.

He always wondered why was he polite to people, despite being hated or treated as a fool? Was he just basically a person with a good will in his memory? Or was he just a plain idiot?

"I... I just wanted to be friendly with people whom i met for the first time and... Uh..."

The more he stalled for time, the more she was pissed off so he decided that it might be best if he just go and disappeared from their location and arrived at the forest with 'Teleport'.

He doesn't know how to use this concept as the first thing after arriving at the forest was ramming his head into a tree and felt a bit dizzy but he managed to straighten himself up and shook off his confusion.

"I.... Better practice this....."

He silently murmured as he began collecting the items needed in the quest before putting it in the bag and using 'Teleport' and appearing right back at everyone, this time appearing far as to not cause any trouble and quickly bow to them as he walk back to the city and using 'Teleport' back and forth, stumbling sometimes from the misuse and arrive back at the city while politely bowing to the guards.

The guards weren't used to this weird guy being polite and kind as he went inside the city, submitting the report at the guild and earning his pay.

He had continue doing some Odd jobs and even heading to the library to learn more of the world and finding out about his origin being a 'Wanderer'.

A person who the natives in this world called people like him who had lost their memories as he continue to read more into it before going back to the guild and accepting more quest to which he got outside the city once more and saw those people standing outside and politely greeted them but this time, adding a name to them whom they didn't know.

"Hello Fellow Wanderers!"

He just greet them normally and continue to head back into the forest but this time, he didn't use 'Teleport' due to how straining it was to use repeatedly.

He was still strained but energetic as if he was wasn't tired like he felt like he was used to this type of stuff.

'I wanted to know more of this world, especially my circumstances...'

He started walking away from them as he heads back into the forest.

@leegood @Quaesitor

leegood and Quaesitor like this.
  20. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    I wake up in a grassy plain, the sun shining in my eyes. Groaning, I whisper, "Can't it be night time instead?" Suddenly, darkness covers the land, and I sit up quickly. Did I...did I just control the time of day? I look up and take note of the position of the moon, ignoring the other questions haunting my mind such as where I am, who I am, or how I got here. Yet again I say the word, "Night," and the moon seems to jump backwards a bit, almost as if the world glitched.

Wondering what the hell is going on, I stand up, putting the matter of sleeping again aside. Instead, I was wondering, what was my name? As I thought that, a memory sprung forth to me. The silhouette of a woman, whispering a word, Nocturne, to a small child. Realizing what it meant, I once again looked up at the sky, at the moon, and feel a sense of connection. Perhaps...there's more behind my words than what I thought? Thinking such, I whisper, "The lights in the sky are stars."

Before I realize it, lines were drawn between the stars. Not only that, but pictures of creatures, objects, and more were laid on top of the lines, forming constellations in the night sky. The only thing that would make it more beautiful..., "Would be an aurora." As soon as the word was mentioned, a ribbon, almost tangible, sprung from my hands. It was woven with greens, blues, pinks, and purples, hanging in the night sky. Yet it felt like I could control, almost wielding it as a part of me. With but a thought, the aurora would curl back up around my arm, ready to entangle those who would do me harm with but a word.

Confused, but much less afraid of the unknown, I finally look around at the world properly. It's then that I notice that, despite there being little to no light, I can see clearly. Moreover, thanks to the stars in the sky, I could tell the general position I was in the world. It felt strange, but oddly comforting. As I head off towards a city I can barely make out, I swear to myself to speak the word night as little as I can.

leegood and Naraku like this.