Spoiler The Magician’s Daughter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! It was amazing.

I do have a few questions. Like why would the Rykell and the others agree to that shitty covenant in the first place? They could just leave with their families and whomever they are protecting to a place for away from the thot emperor. What’s the point of that for ed loyalty. That emperor doesn’t seem like a good friend at all if he killed his friend’s wife and took the daughter as a hostage for an abusive family to take care of her.

Minaeli, DOHere and Leilacus like this.
  2. afelice

afelice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - The bloody timeline is the main problem. I'm going to take a hard look again in the first chapters (I skipped the novel because I thought that the webtoon already gave enough information, but now I'm doubting the accuracy in the kkp id's translation lol, I like piccoma team better in their localization version <yes i'm a masochist lol>).

- Rykell was away when the tragedy happened, he didn't elaborate where the hell he was, but there is a possibility that Azathoth sent Rykell to do a mission or something. Oh, and he lived separately from Galatea because he resides in the northern mansion while Thea lived in the holy temple (imperial palace)

- There is no info about what happened in the 1st rebellion :blobcry: , but I got the feeling that everything will be revealed in this season, though.

Based on my understanding...

- The covenant is an ancient custom from the foundation of the empire, but the mages offered their loyalty and pledge without being forced (the 1st emperor is a kindhearted woman), and the rest is the classic case of mental degradation and corruption in the imperial family. Now they use the sacred pledge to restrict the heroes and transcendentals, then forced them to gave their absolute loyalty. (The explanation about this matter is in the ep 37-38 and 53 of the webtoon)

- Take a good look to the victims, most of them are from prestigious clan and related to the imperial family, especially Cyclamen and Kyle. Both Rykell & Von were the candidates of family head for their respective family. It won't be surprising that the previous emperor (Azathoth's father) will demand the same as the current situation. The imperial family was already corrupted and even Azathoth was a victim (all of his siblings wanted him to perished in the tephtol war).

Based from what Rykell told Maybelle when they saw Phon's inner memories, Rykell acknowledged that Azathoth was a friend. So there is a possibility that he was a good man when he befriended Rykell & Von...

At least until his envy and greed dominated his logic and the thirst of power made him insane (like his family). Or he already planned it from the start and his acting skill managed to fool 4 archmages and master swordsman....

Oh, Although Rykell could evacuate himself and his family to the wasteland, the pesky chain still exist. Rykell couldn't use his full power.

Von couldn't leave the country as one of his main limitation. Raul must defends his land (the sacred lake for unicorns exist in that place). While Margot... is the unluckiest.

==========
    The only way to end this mess is to kick Azathoth from the throne, and do something about the derailed covenant system.

The "something" is Rykell's main agenda in this current arc, btw
    ================

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    Minaeli, Uncopyright, Alniyat and 7 others like this.
  3. Deleted member 265239

Deleted member 265239 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this novel not yet done? :blob_teary: I wanna know the ending! Huhuhu! I can't stand their suffering because of one person's greed!

5. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    Still ongoing lol
    The part about Abel is the latest chapter. Now the plot is progressing with a shinkansen speed :blobrofl:

Mission after mission with a limited time to breathe.

And if someone got lost from the recent development :

Abel was entrusted in Rykell's care to learn how to control his fire. Campanula supported Rykell's rebellion in exchange for this and will continue to do so (because Abel's awakening is a great success).

Khan ditched his position as his mother's second in command after he lost his power, and said that he will continue to work for Rykell. So the seat is vacant for now. Campanula wants Abel to replace his brother.

Imo, it is an opportunity for Abel. He is a promising candidate for the next chief and it is more prestigious than become a mere butler for Maybelle lol.

But we can't deny that it sucks to be separated like that... No time to think and the next day Maybelle must go to the palace for mission :blobtired:
    i want more interaction between abel, phon and aslan

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  6. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_teary: thank you! :notlikeblob::blobhero::blobthumbsdown:that emperor must come down! Such a selfish person!

7. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybelle reads ROMANCE NOVELS!!!

Abel confessed, and when Maybelle choose to reply to him instantly,
    Abel prevented her, and told her to think seriously and answer later.
    (Good for him, because he is perceptive enough that Maybelle is totally clueless)

then Maybelle innocently told him that she read a book about love story, Abel became flustered and told her to ditch that book.

Maybelle couldn't tell Abel that the book is KHAN'S.

<it seems that this thread become my personal ranting thread lololol.. I'll make a decent summary later>

And Aslan + Von came in the end of the chapter, PLUS Raul and Raney (in his human form. Maybelle describes him as a child. a bit taller than her)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    Belial819, Uncopyright, RaiLi and 9 others like this.
  8. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    Raney is not Abel, Aslan, and Phon's rival...for now(?)

HOW THE HELL SHOULD I CALL THIS CHILD???? :blob_blush:

Aslan was forced to behave because Rykell stood in the room, while Maybelle and Raney hugged, holding hands, dancing and circling like a little kid.
    Our beloved Abel now became braver and protested openly to Rykell, he asked why Rykell let the boy hugged Maybelle while he and Phon got banned. Abel called it as "unfair punishment".

Rykell finally explain aaaand....

Actually Raney's gender is still not determined yet. Unicorn will get a gender much later...
    Maybelle described that Raney has an androgynous appearance.
    and Raney wants to be like Maybelle and Vivian... Raney wants to be A GIRL.
    The child was burned with envy because Maybelle and Vivi had a pajama party..

Maybelle told Raney to think about the gender thoroughly, and Raney first determination is to grow tall, because Maybelle likes tall person.
    <I and most of the commentators of ths episode also want Raney to be a girl. A perfect bestfriend to Maybelle!!!>

No wonder Rykell let Raney hugged Maybelle lololololololol

I bet that my astonished face is the same as Abel and Bellerophon's.
    <Abel still stay in the mansion btw. after the pansy confession lolol>

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  9. Herodanish

Herodanish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about maybelle and phon? Any progress?:aww:

10. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    The significant progress is more to Rykell and Phon lol :blobrofl: . Phon is over the moon because Rykell finally praised him for the hard work (protecting Maybelle).

no moment between Maybelle and Bellerophon because it seems that Rykell dragged Phon to his preparation along with Khan. that's why Maybelle and Abel had more free time...

Uncopyright, NohrNeir and Lisianna like this.
  11. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    Favorite desserts :
    Maybelle : Pancakes
    Bellerophon : Strawberry Cakes
    Abel : Grapefruit candy (that's why Khan bought a large jar of grapefruit candy as a gift from the festival in season 1)

The First Phase of the Mission : Sneaking to the holy temple. They need to look for "water of life". It's for Gungnir.
    Party : Rykell, Maybelle, Bellerophon, Abel, and Raney as their guide.
    All lf them wore a magic hat called "whispering hat". The hat's special property is to erase the face of the wearer, and emanates a sweet smell (somehow the smell is their favorite desserts lololol). there is one unfortunate hat : Raney's. Raney used the unicorn form for this mission, and the horn stabbed the hat :blobjoy: (the hat complained lololol)

Bad news : they.got.lost.in.the.temple.

Huh? Where the heck is Kyle family?
    Raul returned to the west because Ampasthoth sent shadow army to the territory...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  12. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "...there is one unfortunate hat : Raney's. Raney used the unicorn form for this mission, and the horn stabbed the hat :blobjoy: (the hat complained lololol)"

:blobjoy: LOL OMG LOL...I'm crackin here! :blobjoy:

Thank you so much for this pleasure @afelice :blobnom:

Imagine Phon smelling of strawberry cake ....YUM! :blobxd:

Reading all these spoilers I have Harry Potter vibes, especially on the latest ones (the hat got me lol:blobjoy:). :cookie:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Uncopyright, Lisianna and afelice like this.
  13. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG YOU'RE RIGHT.
    speaking about Harry Potter vibes, something bugged me when i read your reply yesterday. then I dug the picture in my gallery...

now I think that this pic is not just a picture for the sake of cuteness anymore...

[​IMG]
    That Black Hat...
    and the cake in Maybelle's hand...
    is it a coincidence????

Laura brings a carrot and Liza holding the fairy grass. both are Maybelle's favorite non-dessert foods besides lamb steak.

it is different with the actual banner pic in the webtoon page
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  14. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    The tree of life is dead :blobangery: . no water of life for Gungnir.
    Azathoth used all of the power to screw the Shinshuu inside Phon several months ago. The guardian of the tree gave hint that Maybelle could do something for the tree. He told Rykell that his overprotectiveness will become a wall for Maybelle and limit her possibilities.

Trivia : RYKELL CAN SING!!! HE AND PHON COULD MAKE A DUO
    <Rykell sang a song to open the door in the temple>

Hm? Maybelle mentioned that the robe of the guardian reminds her of something... Is it her mother's priestess robe? :blobunsure:

Abel became Aslan 2.0, he didn't hesitate to grab and lifted Maybelle's body when they need to jump into a hole (Rykell chased Raney so the Bel trio were unsupervised), Phon scowled and admonished Abel, that the fox needs to give the lady some time to prepare... When they were free-falling inside the hole lolololl

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  15. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:
    I'm crying together with Maybelle and the rest of the people who read the chapter.

And Rykell. YOU ARE AWESOME AS YOU ARE. GOOD JOB MOVING ON WITH YOUR LIFE! BEST FATHER FOR MAYBELLE.

The guardian of the tree told Maybelle that the girl is the only one who could resurrects the tree. She asked Rykell to let Maybelle to approach the tree and her. Rykell hesitated for a second but Maybelle finally approach the tree after she thought for a moment.

Lady guardian scrutinized Maybelle and ... Fawning over Maybelle's resemblance to Rykell <Rykell became embarrased, he lifted his hand in defeat, and sighed>. The guardian touched Maybelle, and Maybelle felt the same sensation like when she met Mr. Silver. The cold hands didn't really bother her but she couldn't see the the guardian's face.

The fan-girling session ended and the guardian regained her dignified appearance. She finally explained that Maybelle had the power to make anything she wished for became true, but Maybelle will need enough conviction and efforts to re-grow the tree. Maybelle accepted the dead tree branch from the lady.

The guardian bent her knees a little, and told Maybelle to grow the tree with a warm and affectionate heart. When she did it, Maybelle finally saw the guardian's face. Pink hair, and a beautiful green eyes. Maybelle froze. The guardian smiled, she told Maybelle that she didn't intend to surprise her, and patted her head gently.

Mother.

Maybelle tried her best to hold her tears. The guardian smiled and explained that this is the only existence left from the soul to assist the daughter. The Guardian asked if she could hug Maybelle once before she go. Maybelle finally broke down in the Guardian's embrace. The guardian is a fragment of Galatea's soul. The same as Mr. Silver. Her true body is already dead but the fragment remained and accepted Galatea's will and love for her family.

The Guardian said that she is only a fragment, but for Maybelle it was the first time she felt the touch of her mother's hand. Galatea was waiting for this day, and thanked Maybelle for growing so well. Her voice started to fade and Maybelle became scared. Galatea patted Maybelle's back gently and asked her to take care of her father. She stepped back and waving her hand gently. Saying farewell to her beloved daughter.

Maybelle finally returned to Rykell's side. Rykell welcomed her with a smile and held her hand's tightly.
    Maybelle remembered the day she asked Rykell how could he continue to live after Galatea's death. Rykell explained that the dead is already dead, and the living lives separated in the different world. And he added : because we had a daughter.

Rumble was heard, the room started to crumble and the door opened. Rykell took Maybelle out without looked back even once, but Maybelle did..and regretted.

Galatea and the tree faded into golden dust. Maybelle hold her tears and smiled like what Rykell did (although her heart still screaming "Mom, don't go"). The last thing Maybelle saw was Galatea waved her hands while faded in the gold...

Rykell didn't look back even once, his heart must be as broken as Maybelle but he tried to be strong :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: . He also did well keeping his poker face although he knew the Guardian's identity.

One of the best Papa!!!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  16. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    NEW COVER FOR THE NOVEL!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    We have another time skip after Maybelle planted the branch (Raney assisted her).

Update : Both Phon and Abel were around. The boys took Raney to the mansion when Rykell arrived bringing a watering can (or more accurately: Abel lifted Raney and told Bellerophon to follow him).

Maybelle and Rykell talked a little about Galatea and the tree of life, Rykell explained that he didn't know that there is another trace/remnant in the holy temple. The tree needs time to grow, and Maybelle promised that she'll do her best to grow it.

Maybelle left Rykell and returned to the mansion. Rykell continues to water the branch until Khan approached him. Maybelle observed her father from the window. prayed that everyone will be happy.

4 years later, Maybelle read a fairytale book to suin children. ALL OFF THE FAIRY TALES IN THE SUIN VILLAGES ARE ABOUT THE ADVENTURE OF THE BLUE HAIRED ARCHMAGE aka our beloved RYKELL CYCLAMEN.

Maybelle regretted that she only knew about her father's popularity recently lolololol.

and Phon in the cover... he transformed from BELLErophon to MACHOrophon :blobsweat_2:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  17. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahha, I cracked here! For now #machorophon :blobjoy: Thanks @afelice :blobnom:

Uncopyright and Lisianna like this.
  18. Herodanish

Herodanish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeay is it a hint that maybelle will end up with phon:bloblove:

19. afelice

Reading List:
    Link
    3 years ago, Rykell and the other transcendentals + Von Kyle stormed a secret lab and gained victory over the imperial army. Ampasthoth broke his own family rule (the first emperor banned slavery, and the rule still effective, that's why the lab was hidden). There are many suins in the lab and they were used as slaves and experiment subjects.

Rykell's popularity skyrocketed and he tried his best to hid the gossip and fairy tales about his heroic deeds from Maybelle lol.

... But Margot spilled the beans and Raul insists that it is good for Maybelle to know. Even Von Kyle joined the fray (Rykell got bullied ahahahah).

Abel returned to the village to receive training as the chief candidate for a year, and came back to the mansion to learn how to be a butler under Khan's guidance (he now wear the deacon uniform). It seems that he made a deal with his mother but he refused to mention about it to Maybelle

Maybelle spend some of her time playing and teaching suins children, while Bellerophon became Rykell's permanent assistant and helped him in his work. Not much free time..

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  20. YourFemaleLead

YourFemaleLead Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Is it a hint that Our MachOROPHON IS THE ML?? Kkkk~ Thanks for the spoiler:love: