Recommendations Quirky powers

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by The Hamster Overlord, Oct 5, 2020.

1. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently rewatched the old Saturday morning cartoon beetlejuice and now I want to read a novel with quirky superpowers.
    Flashy things, puns, props, all kinds of theatrics, magic that's like in a fairytale instead of an rpg-game - something like this.
    Preferably fantasy and absolutely no harem. Can be romance but none, if possible. No Japanese food and Chinese nationalist things.

2. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of the Mysteries
    It's superpowers are... weird, as in absurd kind of stuffs.
    Example : using voodoo curse, sacrificial rituals with weird dances, or even as far as throwing beer mug to enemy as bribery, causing debuff.

The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  3. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it just using poisonous insects and stuff to cultivate? Just never read it, so asking out of curiosity

5. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it uses insects but powers are no just poisonous but variety of other and methods used are also quirky.
    Like MC has insect(gu) which can send him back in time, other can brew wine other s can do variety of work, one has nakama power type power. method are fairly gory and evil like mc melted two small children who trusted him just to get bone related power. The way it is written with justifications and with a legend is also good. all above things happen is first 200 chapters.

6. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure gu typically refers to venomous insects, but in this case the only similarity is that they're usually similar to insects. It's more like you capture an insect (gu) and put it I to your dantian. Then you can use whatever magical power the gu would give you.

Like in the sect the mc starts in the main gu they use is the make a crescent shaped cutting beam. There are also things like a gu which gives you the strength of a boar or other animals. Or the ability to use ice powers. And then as the series goes on there are a larger variety of gu abilities, and combinations of gu abilities to make better abilities.

I also recommend this

pkhyber likes this.