Tabula Rasa - Words of Power (Roleplay Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Slowly polishing an already spotless wine glass, the barkeep looked up at Etum. "If you're looking for the town hall, it just left."

Interjecting, I ask, "I'm sorry, what? The town hall just left?" Are buildings alive in this world or something? Confused, I continue, "What exactly do you mean by that?"

Gawking, the keep says, "I mean that the town hall left to go to the next town. Not all cities have enough money to have such luxuries, so we make do by sharing the town hall." He says, as if that makes sense. ...Wait, so the town hall is in another town now? Huh?

2. SatanicalAngel

SatanicalAngel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After many painful flight test failures.

"Ouch ouch ouch! This is a lot harder than birds make it out to be."

At this point she had given up on questioning why she knew certain words since it was pointless to let her mind become flooded with questions.

The girl began to spread her wings and give it another go. She had learned the wind patterns by now, and that at certain moments she would need to go with the flow instead of fighting it, as well as lean in with her body. One last push off the ground and she was handling her wings well enough to stay above the ground without losing control.

"This is it, I got this! City, here I come!"

True, she was much better by now, and was soring with ease towards town. However, she had failed to think of how she was going to land. By now the girl had reached great heights since going up was becoming easier than figuring out how to go down. During her failed attempts she had figured out how to slow down at least, but to descend without falling on her butt was a whole other matter. Especially miles up in the air, and she was approaching her destination fast.

Calming her mind the girl slowly leaned back and a focused on angling her wings more upwards to slow her pace once she was just above the city center. She then began to think of a place to land, and where she could go from there.

"I might be able to land on the street, but people might think that's weird... Maybe I should land by the gate instead. Just so I don't risk breaking someone's roof."

Angling her wings for forward flight once again she made her way to the entrance. From there, she decided to let herself freefall, however she made sure she was upright and could open her wings with ease to catch herself when the time came for it.

Her trick had worked, but at the price of spraining one of her wings from the sudden weight of her body. They were not yet strong enough to support such a sudden task.

"OW! Augh, you gotta be kidding me! I just figured out how to fly and now I can't. Just great..."

Not wanting too much attention she did her best not to show any pain and simply tucked her wings away to the best of her ability as she walked into town. She made sure to keep her head down, and although she was gaining some strange looks, she thought it best to ignore those and keep heading towards a place she thought might have some useful people.

3. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a quiet day, and Ran tossed the broom aside, sighing. She wasn't glaring at anyone like usual, but still most people vehemently refused to meet her gaze. She glanced at the bronze contraption mounted to the wall, tch'd, and scooped up a rag, beginning to clean the tables.

Turned out that the local adventurer guildmaster was also what people termed a 'Wanderer'. After that little incident at the registration area (which was definitely not her fault), the reluctant Ran was dragged up two flights of stairs for an express meeting.

Well, I suppose I did gain some information...

To start with, the city was a free city. It wasn't affiliated with any of the surrounding kingdoms, but prospered nonetheless. Something about
    a good position and seizing the means of production...economics wasn't exactly her favourite subject. The guildmaster had also demonstrated the ability to modify concepts by merging two compatible ones together, which was one of her more valuable takeaways from the meeting.

By the way, pairing the characters for 'Fire' and 'Violent' created 'Explode'. It was very good to know.

At least they didn't make me pay for the breakages, because someone pulled a 'Ward' immediately and knew I wasn't doing it on purpose...but I hate doing housework. I'd rather be out there killing slimes. And what's a slime?

And so, Ran resisted the urge to carve 'Explode' under the tables that she was cleaning with an old rag.

It was indeed a quiet day.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  4. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah yes. Drunkards."
    Immediately dismissing the idea of moving buildings, Etum stretched her limbs and decided to ask something else. If they cannot go to the town hall, then, they need to go somewhere else. Without further ado, Etum's voice reached the drunkard's ears.

"Then, if there must be something taking care of administrative activities even if the town hall isn't there. Anything would do, a court, a parish, a council."
    At this point, avoiding suspicion was impossible. Thus, the best action to take is to make it as if they have a message to convey or to be here for official matters. They won't seem like 'dangerous foreigners.' Plus, higher-ups always hold more information than the common people.

"Could you please tell us?"

Fossil and Quaesitor like this.
  5. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Entering the ruins, they felt the eerie sensation inside as Sky felt like using a sword in such a narrow space would be dangerous and opt to switching using a knife.

He was in front of May, gripping the knife tightly as he prepares to defend them for any upcoming enemies that may approach.

Whenever they encounter zombies, he would efficiently dispatch them without wasting any movements as he felt like moving too much would tire himself out.

Luckily, he used the terrain inside the ruins to narrow the undead in a tight space as using the other undead as a meatshield to bodyblock them tighter in a narrow space and killed them swiftly.

By the time they saw that the area was getting wider, they finally stopped at a huge door to which he stopped for a bit and saw a book next to a dead body of a rotting corpse to which he wanted to read but was more curious at the door.

"I think we shouldn't waste time looking around and find the treasures here first...."

He held both sides to the door and began using his strength to push it as it slowly creaks from being old and rustic as the found to be an open space area as in front of them was a pile of treasures at the end.

While Sky felt there was an opportunity to find the answer, May began stopping him as she felt there was something amiss to this situation like she was familiar to it.

But it was too late when Sky's instincts kicked into high gear as he could feel the death's door as he manage to push the girl aside and....

"G-guh...."

Blood began to spew from his mouth as there was a sword that had penetrated his stomach as a dry laughter could be seen as a skeleton with a creepy smile was gazing at Sky's terrified look.

May who saw this was quite shocked as she felt that it was too sudden yet she tried to help but she was stopped by Sky.

"Don't.... L-lets get out of here first....."

He tossed his adventurer's Card to May since he was gonna try and send her away first before him, worried that something might happen to her if he left by himself.

"T....teleport....."

White light began to glow from below May as it was the first time he had cast Teleport to another person, not knowing whether she will return to her spot or sent at the center of town here he had marked the location.

By the time she was about to say something, the last thing she saw was him smiling at her....

"D-don't worry.... I'll come lat-"

His words was cut off by May disappearing from his vision as the undead had took off his sword and his eyes flash brightly at him.

"Guah...gak...."

Coughing blood to which he felt the burning sensation of blood losing out. He manage to steady himself as he drank a potion he had bought from the store.

While it was lower recovery rate than his heal, it manage to close up a bit of his wounds so he can focus casting his Teleport again.

'Since May had escape before me, i should....'

"Tele-"

Then, the undead eyes glow red brightly as Sky was stunned for a bit before casting teleport but....

"H-huh....? Teleport! Teleport!! TELEPORT DAMMIT!!!!"

He sense a forboding oddity to this situation as cold sweat began to pour from his body. He began to cast Heal on himself yet it wouldn't activate as he gaze at the Undead creature in front of him in fear as its smile began to rise even higher....

'M-may.... I might be stuck here for a while...'

@leegood

leegood likes this.
  6. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    "Wow, things sure are lively around here."

After her landing accident the girl had decided to try and find a nice place to grab some information, but nothing here was jogging any memory, not to mention all the buildings basically looked the same. there was one that had stood out, however. It was very lively and through the window she could see quite a few people inside so she had assumed it wasn't someone's home.

Carefully she pulled the door open and immediately bumped into someone leaving. She quickly apologized and rushed in before the funny smelling man could notice any details of her. Inside she took noticed of all the little details. The lights, the sound of laughter, and the weird smells that lingered in the air. Slowly following everyone else's lead she walked up to the extra long table and took a seat that was isolated. She over heard a couple of people talking about needing to find a special building it seemed and that it apparently had walked away. Suddenly a man had started speaking to her.

"Yuo musht be new aroumnd heree."

"Uhh... S-sorry... I don't speak that language..."

This man stuck of something awful, and seemed to not know how to look up or down. Maybe something was wrong with him, either way it seemed she had accidentally offended him, for after she had tried to politely bridge the clear gap of language between them the mans face had turned a dangerous shade of red as he then started to yell.

"ARE YOU CALLING ME STUPID?!"

"N-no! I-I am sorr-"

Just as the poor girl was trying to smooth things over the man had suddenly grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her back. She cried out in pain at the sudden movement. Fighting back was impossible if all she could think about was how much pain her arm and wing were in. She tried to struggle enough to at least keep his face away from hers and although this was happening in front of many people no one seemed to notice over all the chaos, and if they did they would go pale and simply turn away.

"L-let go of me! It hurts!"

"MAYBE NEXT TIME YOU'LL USE SOME MANNERS!"

The man tightened his grip with no intention of letting the poor girl go.

How unlucky she must be to end up in a stranger world with no memories and in her first attempt to find out she's accused and assaulted. What had she done to deserve all of this? Such an unfair twist of fate.

7. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    The next morning, I inevitably think of one, well, fact. I can't really live in a forest without knowing what I can actually eat and drink. So something I really need is a way to check the information. Statistics, uses, what it might be poisonous for, how many calories, essentially its data.

Something finally seems to click in my head as I feel yet another concept appear within me. Data. I turn and apply it to the rock next to me, getting flooded with a wealth of information such as density, minerals contained, and more. Yeah, no idea what all of that means. Next, I apply it to myself - this time, there is an even larger flood of information, but as I skim through all of it, a lot of words seem familiar.

Seems like I used to be some sort of doctor before I lost my memories? At least, that's the only way I can explain this natural affinity I am experiencing to these technical terms. But more of that later.

Equipped with this new concept, I make a tour through the forest while concealed, determining which plants are safe to eat. Turns out, almost everything after proper treatment. Based on this new knowledge, I have a meal made of various fruits, nuts and roots before returning to my cave.

I attempt some more experiments with data, but except of gaining some information I already instinctively posses about my concepts, there are no new discoveries for now.

SatanicalAngel likes this.
  8. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah, well, we do use the guild nearby as a makeshift town hall when we don't have on," says the keep.

Naraku likes this.
  9. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Alright, thanks."
    It was planning to leave however, repulsive noises could be heard.
    Or more precisely, someone is causing a ruckus. A bit curious about what is happening as Etum was unfamiliar with this kind of situation, she decided to take a look. At first sight, it seemed to be a fight? Nonetheless, it was one-sidedly. On top of that, it seemed to be a drunkard hurting a young girl? Wait, a young girl with wings? Now, that was not something you would see every day.

Without any word, Etum struck suddenly and strongly. The drunkard's groin was, uh, damaged. To say the least, he was crouching on the ground and moaning in pain.

"Huh. So, this is a sensitive area."
    Unfortunately, it may not have been the brightest idea to strike a stranger in a rowdy bar. Without any doubt, the previous suspicion will become enmity. Following that, Etum spoke to Nocturne and the newcomer.
    "Nocturne, I think we should leave and quickly. And, uh, you too I guess."
    Let's just go as far as possible.

10. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    She could feel the pain suddenly vanish as the man from earlier had dropped to the ground in even more pain than she would have imagined possible. It brought great joy to her face seeing him in that pathetic state.

For good measure the girl happily kicked the man right in his leg before running out with her savior and... His? Her?... Their friend. After all, no point in staying in a place as unwelcoming as this. She was happy and didn't think before trying to spread her wings and take off until the pain had reminded her to stay grounded.

She ran along with the strangers and didn't think much about if they were dangerous or not. It had saved her, so how bad could the being possibly be? One thing was for sure though, running was not as much fun as flying.

11. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    "H-how am i still alive.....?"

Sky who was breathing heavily from the injuries and even one of his arms severed from the fight, look at the Undead Skeleton, whose head was smashed in to pieces as he felt like he had escape near death.

While he fought to the tooth and nail against such a monster, he didn't come out unscathed as he turns to his left arm that was already been severed from having escape one of his blows as a sacrifice to smash his head in with the blunt of the sword. The sword in his hands however, was already out of commission from the fight as he smiled like he had won such a difficult battle to which he never expected to escape alive.

"H-heal.....It still doesn't work.....huh....."

He dryly smiles as he tried to cast his magic again but it comes to no avail.

Why was he unable to use his concept? W-was it something the monster did? How can the Undead be able to cancel such a powerful word in just a single moment?

Thoughts raises into his mind as he never expected to encounter an enemy to disable one of his unique power, he was so unsure if he would meet another enemy to do the same thing again as he wanted to think more-

*Blood Coughs*

"I-I think i might not be able to live for much longer...."

He lightly smiles as he never expected to smile from him dying. Not knowing why, he was collapse onto the ground as there was the treasure and a clue right in front of him as he remembers the certain girl he sent away. Was she fine? do the people treat her well in the city if she was sent there?

"D-did i do good this time....?"

There, there was a sudden memories of him having the same situation as he kept blacking out back and forth, and saw that he was being punched by a man. There was also a girl who was screaming at him who watch him being beaten by the man as he wasn't willing to give up fighting.

"Ahh....Maybe i died there without fulfilling what i did in my past life....."

Tears began to roll on his face as he could feel the cold ground becoming colder as his body slowly becoming cold as well. While he still wanted to complete his memory, at least he did something good for once in his second life....

"Teleport....Teleport........Tele.....port....."

Sky kept speaking the word over and over again, trying to return to his friend, hoping that he can still say something to her. W-was he a good person in the end? Did he do the right thing?

'Teleport.'

As his fading conscious, he said the word the last time as he smiled and felt his body lifting and suddenly disappearing from the spot and had fallen in the middle of the city.....

AliceShiki, Quaesitor and leegood like this.
  12. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    Quietly whispering, I invoked one of my words of power, Night, yet again. Wrapped in a shroud of darkness, I walked towards Etum and the newcomer. A bit frustrated at the terrible management of this town, I ignored the girl and walked towards...wait. "Um, Etum, do you know where we're going? Since we left in a hurry, we forgot to ask where the so-called guild is." It was a bit of an oversight, but one that couldn't be helped due to the...well, whatever the new girl is.

13. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Let's go help my friend!" May lead a group of adventurers onward But before the Journey could begin a body fell on top of her.

"Ehhhk?!" She was knocked out cold and they both were sent to the healers

AliceShiki, Siostar and Quaesitor like this.
  14. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    She suddenly find herself being caressed by the night sky once again.

Looking up she happily admires the moon and all of it's starry companions. Still watching the stars she thanks her savior and it's companion while coming to a stop with them.

"Thank you for your help back there. I would have been able to fight that man off myself had I been able to heal mysel-"

Request Accepted

Suddenly she felt no pain from her wing or her injured arm as her body felt much lighter than it had a couple of seconds ago.

Extremely happy, she opens her wings wide to bask them in the moons embrace as she feel the protective coating around her lift since she no longer needed it.

"So, one of you must be responsible for this... Since I certainly did not cast the spell."

She smiles at the two, truly grateful for this unexpected moonlight treat.

"I would introduce myself to you if I had an inkling of who I am, and for that I'm sorry... But could I know your names?"

AliceShiki, Naraku, leegood and 3 others like this.
  15. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    "Lad, quite an amazing feat. Surviving for so long with those injuries."

The healer who was surprised at Sky who was laughing dryly while listening to the healer.

He was currently being tend to, covered in bandages and herbs around as he turns to his left arm that couldn't grow back anymore.

After being sent to the infirmary, the healers were quite shocked at the injury and thought that Sky was already dead yet they could still feel his vitality as they knew that while he was okay, some of his injuries might not be able to help him anymore.

While Sky felt sad that he had lost a limb, he turned to his companion who was smiling at the fact that he had survived as he knew that being an adventurer was neigh impossible now without the other limb.

'I guess i can work as a healer....'

While he was sad that he couldn't go on adventuring anymore, he was still fine for the fact that he was still alive and maybe stay in this town forever.

"But....maybe we can check out the loot we have got at the ruin and maybe use that to start a small buisiness or something. What do you say May?"

He turns to his companion as he waited for her response.

SatanicalAngel, leegood and Quaesitor like this.
  16. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmmmmm~" she was pondering upon it since she had no plans but decided "sure? But maybe you'll find a way to regrow your arm, no---i Believe it'll happen in the future~"

May asked
    "What would you sell~?"

17. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well, of course not. I don't know. But, we can just ask a passerby, which would likely be more cooperative than drunkards."
    While Etum thought that they could perhaps try asking again where was the town hall, he thought that going with the Guild would be better. Considering what they've heard, they seem to assume the administrative facilities in the city when the town hall is failing to do so? In other words, it may have more authority, thus information, than the town hall.

"And well--"
    "Took the words out of my mouth. Nocturne's responsible for casting... this night I guess?"
    After shrugging, Etum cleared her throat and decided to introduce itself. While, of course, noticing something odd. In a way or another, three people with little less than no memories are reunited at the same place. Quite peculiar.

"Anyway, I don't know my name either. So I made up one, just call me Etum as for now. Ah... and, can I assume that you don't know anything about where we are, what's the city's name or anything?"
    If yes, then, something was definitively weird.

AliceShiki, Quaesitor and Fossil like this.
  18. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thank you for your hard work~"

"Oi, we're not quite finished here---"

"I said, thank you for your hard work, gentlemen. There's others waiting for a turn as well~"

"...Tch."

It was another quiet day. Ran was at the counter.

"Oi, why do I have to sit here when I ain't even the receptionist."

"That's, errr..."

The actual receptionist beside her shrugged.

"Work is work."

"Not when I do nothing but stare at idiots all day. Are there no extermination quests?"

"There are a couple. You won't like them, though."

"I'll be the judge of that."

"Alright then. There's a request from a village a fair distance to the west---"

***​

"We're bac---?! Errr..."

The Tiger was sitting at the counter, glaring at anyone who approached. The gloom hanging above her head was practically visible.

She totally didn't like it.

AliceShiki and Quaesitor like this.
  19. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    The girl nodded in response. Feeling a bit relieved that she wasn't the only one lost.

"I have no memories at all... However, it's very nice to meet you Etum. I guess you can call me..."

She quickly looked around for inspiration and noticed the moon once again.

"You can call me Moon for now. Sorry it's not very original..."

She glanced at the one named Nocturne, not wanting to put him on the spot she simply smiled and turned her focus back to the issue at hand.

"What's a guild?"

AliceShiki, Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  20. Fossil

Reading List:
    Link
    "That's a good question, one I don't have an answer to." Well, at least we have a new member? But we don't have any money as it is, so hopefully this guild place will help us find a good place to work at. "Anyway, I did indeed turn it from day. I thought it might be best to conceal ourselves while we were leaving the scene."

"For now, we should find someone to ask about the guild, so...." Finding a child nearby that was playing around with a sword, I asked, "Could you direct us to the guild?"

AliceShiki, Naraku and Quaesitor like this.