Tabula Rasa - Words of Power (Roleplay Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "That's a pretty good question. I don't know either... none of us three can reply to such a question."
    Chuckling, Etum then threw a glance at Nocturne who seemed to be speaking to a child, at some point, he could not help but overhear.
    "Gimme food and I will show you!"
    None of them had food or money, how can they give anything to it? A sigh escaped Etum's mouth. Well, then, the only solution was to convince it. How to do that? That's simple. Since Etum can change its appearance at will. And, when thinking of his first meeting with Nocturne, it should be easy to convince it.

"If you don't give me food, then... uh... I will scream!"
    Now, he would not need to feel bad about convincing it since the chid threatened them first. Clearing her throat, Etum lowered himself to the child's level, put his hands on its shoulders and--
    "Come on. Let's not be difficult, shall we?"
    --its face kept changing forms, from any kind of humanoid creature to any monster,
    but the voice remained the same. Considering how the child's face paled, it was likely terrified. So afraid that their voice forgot to leak out.
    "We can give you food once we made some money, right?"

Even a child would realize they are stuck in plight and should attentively listen to it. Furiously nodding, the child stopped waving its sword and began to look around, avoiding Etum's gaze as much as possible. Seemingly disoriented, it seemed to need time to recover and lead the trio to the guild. Or to attempt an escape. Who knows what it will do.
    "Good kid."

Suddenly slapping his cheeks(?), Etum's appearance returned once it began to focus its mind on it.
    "Alright, now, we will just need to follow that kid."

AliceShiki, Quaesitor and Fossil like this.
  2. SatanicalAngel

SatanicalAngel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She looked at the child, skeptical but with no other leads she began following her party. however, she decided flying would be better than walking. She had enough of humans for one day. Spreading her wings she nodded to the trio.

"I will follow you from the sky. I'll let you know if I spot anything that could be helpful."

And with that she took off.

3. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Utterly disgusted with Etum, I whisper, "Aurora," and let the ribbon wrap itself around him, dragging him along as we follow the child. I made sure to put extra pressure around his groin, too, to see if he could feel pain. Wondering why I proposed to come to the city with this abomination, I look towards where the kid is taking us to.

Before us was...a shack. That's the best way I could describe it. The roof was falling apart, some of the stones that made up the walls were missing, and the door was hanging from the hinges. Not one to think that we might have been lead to the wrong place, especially due to the walking town hall, I stepped into the building after releasing Etum

The insides were...amazing. Grand marble pillars stood up, supporting a massive room inside. People were coming out and going through various doorways, and the room was so massive that I even stepped back out to check that I went through the right door. Completely confused, I could only imagine that the guild, like the town hall, must be shared between all of the different cities. Only this time they decided to fashion doors that lead to the various cities. How else could such a large amount of people be found here?

Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  4. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    She landed beside Nocturne and entered the doorway despite wondering if it would hold long enough for them to get through. Once inside the beautiful structure took her breath away.

"This place is amazing...I wouldn't be surprised if it was more popular than the town hall. Look at all the people!"

Perhaps a bit took excited she flapped her wings and spun around taking everything in, catching quite a few people's attention. She finally noticed people's stares and folded her wings once again, shyly staring at her feet as she walked back to her companions.

"So uhh... Where should we start? Looks like there's a long desk people keep visiting."

Once again without thinking much, she walked towards the help desk.

5. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't take long before I notice a problem with the data concept. The data of those I investigate with it - especially other intelligent creatures. I can't just do that without asking them. And there always is far too much data anyway. So, the obvious conclusion, is that I have to filter the data I receive.

Filter. A rather simple word, with a rather simple meaning. What does not match the condition will not be allowed through. Or in other words, keeps privacy, and saves me from data overflow. The more I think about the concept of a filter, the more concrete it feels within me until it reaches the tipping point, finally manifesting as yet another concept I know.

A few tests with the combination of filter and data show me that I can give the filter a word and it will only allow data through that is connected to the word.

But that is enough tests for now. In a bid to refresh my mind and sate my hunger, I leave my cave and trail through the forest, plucking some nuts and fruits from a couple of trees. Then, my food bumps against something. Looking down... well, that seems to be a corpse.

Check the pulse... okay, not a corpse. But pretty badly mangled from some sort of beast. He's not going to need his clothes if he dies, so I just tear some stripes off his clothes, bandaging the injured areas as I apply data filtered by medical on him. A pretty chewed up arm with something stuck in it, a dislocated shoulder, a sprained ankle, and a cracked rib. I've dealt with worse. He has no internal injuries, but it'd be best to move him carefully with his rib...

Well, guess he's not moving anywhere any time soon. I administer first aid treatment, place down concealment on him, and hurry off to get some medical herbs and to prepare a stretcher of sorts. As I am moving, my head is already considering the treatment. Most of the stuff isn't that bad and will heal with time, but the arm could be a problem due to the blood loss and the thing stuck in it. Depending on the circumstances, I'll have to cut it out. Cut, cut, cut... I pause, my hand against a tree as I slowly retract most of my fingers, leaving only my index and middle finger pointing forward.

The familiar feeling of a small blade in my hand, cutting through flesh with precision... well, this time through a tree. And perhaps not as small a blade. I slide my finger over the tree, carving out a chunk of its trunk before the tree comes crashing down. Within minutes, I have a plank of wood. The sleeves of my coat drop off with a swift cut, and I use them to tie branches on the ends of the wooden plank. The stretcher is complete.

I quickly return to the injured and still unconscious man, carefully pulling him on the stretcher, and cursing at the lack of a helper. But I can still manage. After adding yet another conceal onto us, I proceed to slowly and carefully drag the stretcher with the patient on it to my cave while trying to keep the shaking to a minimum.

Finally arriving without any unwanted encounters thanks to conceal, I place the patient down in the middle of the cave and begin proper treatment with practiced ease. After an hour of concentration, all the wounds are treated, including the arm with the broken fang removed properly. Except for said arm, everything should heal soon.

And with that, I plop down in a corner, conceal myself, and drift off to sleep.

Naraku likes this.
  6. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "While I do not know what you are doing. There is one thing that I know. It is that you are utterly repulsive for that."
    Staring at Nocture with blank eyes, Etum let out a sigh. His opinion of him definitively hit rock bottom. In any case, the creature did exactly as it initially planned, following the child to the Guild. Nothing else, nothing more. However, the issue was that once it saw the shack. She thought that it should not be it, that it was a trap. How can a guild who can take care of administrative cases look like that? This looks like a house right from the slums.

Yet...
    These two entered without any hint of hesitation. One thing is certain, they are definitively going to get into trouble in the future because of their carelessness. In any case-- staying behind and alone was evidently a worse idea than going with them.

--And well, something was definitively wrong. It was bigger than it appeared, quite literally. More seriously, MoonMoon... Wait, it's just Moon. Anyway, she may be even more careless than Nocturne. Not only did she enter, but she also went deeper into the Guild.
    Help desk? What is it even? Is there perhaps a map or anything like that? Or perhaps, odd jobs to make money? Now that would be interesting.

"Huh. Well, do you have any question to ask the receptionist? Of course, any that would not raise any suspicions."
    Now that he thought about it, why did he want to avoid suspicions? Will anything dangerous happen if they don't? Would people try to help or hurt them? No matter how much she thought... nothing came to mind.

"Ah, whatever. Forget 'bout it. Let's just ask if there is a library or anything."

7. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    "I see..." Sky felt something weird inside him, like there was a certain to find an answer to regrowing his missing limb.

He teleported May back to the ruins as they both head to where the treasure was. Turning to the broken remains of the undead and the arm he had before heading to the treasure trove and began gathering treasures with May.

"Hmn... Its kinda hard gathering them with a single arm...." He put down his backpack and began filling it with treasures but with with one hand, it was quite hard for Sky to gather all the treasures so he decided to let May do the rest while he began observing the place.

".........."

The place was morelike an abandoned library of sorts as there were two orbs placed in a pedestral. He walked to the books to which he felt like reading them could find his answer as he took one of the books and began reading them.

"Demons fear the power of us Wanderers, the concept to weave heaven and earth and created creatures to counter our powers called 'Silencers'. Creatures whose not only gaze can temporarily shut down our word magic but even meeting onces that can permanently take away our powers..... I see.... "

Sky began to intently read more of this as he never took this book as a joke. He basically encountered one that had temporarily canceled his word magic as he continue to read more of the books and felt a surprise at the new discovery of the word magic.

"Combining two words can create a new word with a different concept....?"

Sky felt surprise and felt like the word magic was somehow more powerful than he imagined as he turns to his remaining hand and began to think more clearly.

"The Concept to [Heal] anything except regrowing or curing things and [Buff] that i only thought can enchance the capabilities of things i projected..... What if i combined them and..... [Regrow].....?"

Then suddenly, he began to grow lightly as a surging pain began to manifest on Sky.

"Guh......ahhh...."

He quickly crouch down in pain as he felt his left arm that was missing, began to mutate and regrowing as he turns and felt surprised that his hand that was missing, began to grow at an astonishing rate.

"W-wha.... What...?!"

By the time his confusion fade, his arm had fully regrown into a new one as he started to take a feel to the once missing limb and felt the impossibility of this.

He just stood there a minute before tears began rolling on his face as he didn't expect that he can fully regrow a limb.

"M-may! I got my arm back!"

He became so happy to have his arm back as he stood up too quickly and stumbled on himself and had accidentally touch one of the orbs lying on a pedestral.

[Wanderer found. Transfering data of two word Concepts [Purify] and [Golem] to new Wanderer.]

"What the....."

By the time he could understand the meaning, he fell unconscious.

Quaesitor and leegood like this.
  8. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May was still a bit dazed when they teleported and had only blankly gathered the treasures when he told her so
    So many things are happening~ But it feels like I'm just hitching a ride~? It's fun anyway so I guess it's okay~
    She looked up when the fainted and put a hand to her forehead
    This person keeps on falling asleep all the time neh~
    Ignoring the fact that she was knocked out just earlier that day

"Well~ seems fun!"
    She touched an orb too, for no reason other than to go to sleep
    [Wanderer found. Transferring data of two word Concepts [Bless] and [Calm] to new Wanderer.]
    May had already lain down so that she was not folded over weirdly like Sky was
    Ah, Maybe I should have laid him flat on the ground first
    Before she went asleep

Quaesitor and AliceShiki like this.
  9. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    She nodded to Etum, and happily walked up to the desk to greet the person behind it, who did not look very happy or inviting in the slightest bit. Seeing this, all of her confidence washed away as she hid behind Etum and Nocturne.

She whispered to the two:

"I-I think I'll leave this to you guys... She looks like she wants to rip my wings off..."

10. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    In a strange white room, Sky was being stared down by a woman who had celestial beauty, smiling at the person who saw his hard-working Nature.

"XXXX..... No, Sky? Please don't claim your memories....."

She can only smile sadly at him who became a blur at the next moment. She was watching this person live his second life in this world as he had forgotten why the goddess had been watching him and....

Why he had ask her to erase his memories....

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Umm.... W-what....?" He awoken from his trance in a dreamlike state as he had heard someone talked to him. While he was confused about the uncertainty of that person, he turns to his companion who was unconscious as he saw that the treasures they had gathered had been put inside the bad.

He was gonna use 'Teleport' again but it was too inconvenient as he remembers to combine his two Concepts.

"[Teleport] to bend space and transmit to the next location and [Buff]....... [Portal]"

Then, a warp began to manifest in front of Sky as he decided to peek at the portal and saw that his head had pass through to a place he fondly remembers, the Adventurer's Guild.

And then, he lift up the unconscious May and the backpack filled with treasures as he walked through the portal and entered inside the building.

Everyone was surprise of them arriving at the guild through a portal as Sky wanted to trade the treasures he got to the receptionist but was currently occupied by Three people.

He decided to wait and put the unconscious May at the table and began to read a book he found at the ruins.

leegood and Quaesitor like this.
  11. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Ran was in a glaring mood when three people walked in. Naturally, she stared at the newcomers.

Hoh? You're approaching me---Oh.

For some reason, the girl (@SatanicalAngel) that had taken a few steps forward retreated again, behind the two (@Fossil @Naraku)...those were guys, right? It was incredibly difficult to determine gender these days.

Where the hell did that thought even come from?

Anyway, it won't do to scare them off, so Ran stiffened her facial muscles, clenched her teeth, and --- Smile.

The Tiger of Echizen looked more like she was having a seizure.

Quaesitor, Fossil, Naraku and 3 others like this.
  12. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    “Un…”

A clear vast sky unfolded in front of my eyes when I woke up. Aside from the passing white behemoths of cloud, it was a vision of pure blue.

Though the warm rays of light of the day started to heat up, and the sun glared at my eyes when he left it’s cloudy hiding, I couldn’t bring myself to get up for some reason.

Ah… it’s been a while… ack?

A sharp pain assaulted my head, as if I was forcing myself to pull something that had been stuck in my brain, though I wasn’t exactly sure what.

I couldn’t say I didn’t know what exactly it was that mysterious feeling that couldn’t be reached, since I didn’t even begin to grasp what exactly it was that I did know.

So I remained laid down feeling the sun hit me and the grass brush off my skin while I collected my thoughts.

Who am I? What am I? Where am I? Should I be asking those questions, I wonder?

A waste of time.

What use do I have for a name?

My body is still lethargic, but I can feel it brewing within my stomach. The writhing and wriggling of my innards demanding for food.

I have no need for a name, as I can’t eat it. I need not know where I am, just where I can find something to eat.

“I guess I should stop dilly dallying then.”

Forcing my body to get up, I left my earthly cradle and saw my surroundings for the first time. A vast green sea of grass, as if to match the skies above, green with envy of its evenly matched size. While the heavens above had giants of white, the earth had its rolling hills and groves.

“I think I may find something to eat hiding among the bushes or in the trees…”

The groves were my best chance to find some food, from what I could gather after racking my brain to find still confusing, but much needed knowledge.

After bowing to my former bed in gratitude, I parted ways with the place I suddenly woke up at and headed towards the thickets I could see nearby.

Name: [None]

Concepts:
    [DLC not Unlocked Yet]
    [DLC not Unlocked Yet]
    [DLC not Unlocked Yet]

Appearance:
    [​IMG]

OOC: I've already have the concepts I will be using decided, but I'll slowly unlock as I move on, I guess?

Quaesitor and AliceShiki like this.
  13. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmmmmm... I had a nice nap~

Though everything is still black... Did I forget to open my eyes?

I blinked a few times, but everything was still pitch black... How weird.

Oh! There was a nice smell over there! I flew blindly to it and hit my head unto something... Ouchie... T.T

Let's see... This seems kinda big... Mmmmmm... Let's climb it!

... Ah, I think I flew too high, where was it again...? Let's go down!

I went downwards and collided with the thing. It was kinda fluffy this time instead of hard, and it had a really nice smell... I really like this... This is a... A... A sunflower! I'm sure this smells like the sun!

Seems like a good place to take a nap in, it's dark out anyways... I wonder if it will still be dark when I wake up again... Zzzzzz...

OOC: The info in the sig has some stuff that Ilya doesn't know yet, but I figured I'd just put it there anyways~

Quaesitor, Fossil, Naraku and 3 others like this.
  14. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    Watching the person behind the desk, Moon was rather worried and intrigued by the girl.
    The poor girl looked like she was hurting herself trying to... Growl...? Smile...? At them. Either way, she clearly looked out of her element.
    Worried for the person's health Moon asked:
    "Are you alright?... That looks kind of... Painful.."

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    AliceShiki, Quaesitor, Fossil and 3 others like this.
  15. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    The grass had a very fresh smell. Especially now that I’m hungry, the scent of fresh, wet foliage has never been more tempting.

In comparison, as I approached the grove, I was assaulted by the smell of wet moss and rotting tree trunks. Though the flowers and herbs had a faint sweet smell, the mix of it and the other smells was weird and unsettling enough to make my stomach churn.

Hopefully, whatever I can find here doesn’t smell as bad as that.

Though, try as I might, I couldn’t find a single thing which I could eat. Or at least nothing I knew wouldn’t cause me to find an early grave.

I see grass and flowers and herbs and mushrooms, though all I can really see are gambles with my life on the line.

If I were to place bets, I’d rather the grass than the mushrooms. Neither the flowers nor the herbs are on the table, as I fully expect them to be too risky an endeavor.

Unfortunately, none of the trees seemed to bear fruits, or at least the season wasn’t right to find them nestled among the canopies.

Nor did it seem like I would be able to find something moving among the thickets aside from the leaves swaying with the wind.

“But, really… what did I expect to find even…”

Though I asked out loud, the only answer I got was the rustling of the trees.

No matter… is what I wanted to say, but…

My head was ringing and I could feel a sharp pain behind my eyes just by thinking about how to describe what I’m feeling. It’s a strange feeling, of knowing exactly what I want to say, but not knowing the exact word for it. And the harder I try to remember, the stronger the feeling grows inside of me.

“I guess it’s like a cold consuming me from inside out.”

I fell to the ground as soon as I finished my sentence, as a torrent of pain assaulted me. A feeling like my flesh was freezing and cracking from the inside out, while my head heated like a furnace.

My vision blurred with the heat and pain, and I felt like I was on the edge of losing my consciousness more than once.

Then, it all ended, as suddenly as it started.

Like a droplet returning to a lake.

「Loneliness」

The pain I was feeling before was dispelled, as if it never was. In its place, a wave of relief struck my body and I felt my eyes heat up as tears started rolling down.

“Ah… I see…”

The word that came to me like a storm has both a sweet and bitter aftertaste. I was at the same time still hungry, but feeling completely satisfied by the realization alone.

I drew the word on the ground, as if it was a lucky charm as I feared that it would slip my mind once again.

And the last stroke was in place, a loud shrill pierced through the silence of my surroundings and stole my attention.

When I looked up, an unknown bird flying up high appeared in my field of vision. Though I didn’t know why, something inside of me compelled me to follow its path, and even if my body was still weak due to the experience I had just now, I somehow managed to find it in me the strength to get up and start walking.

OOC: It was time for TEU to leave, for I need to sleep.

AliceShiki, Quaesitor, Naraku and 2 others like this.
  16. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "...Well, so much for that attempt. Clearly I have achieved nothing."

Dropping her smile(?) in favor of an expressionless countenance, Ran shrugged.

"You seem like a newcomer, so I'll give a brief explanation. The requests are all nailed to that board up yonder, and fights are not prohibited in here, but try not to get the staff involved. I hate scrubbing scorch marks off the walls."

"Ran, I don't think you of all people should be saying that..."

"...Dunno whatcha talking about."

17. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    What was exactly painful? For some reasons, the receptionist'a face was twisted with... uh... pain? Something like this. However, no matter where he looked, he could not find the source of this pain.
    Attempt? She tried to do something? Unable to understand what happened, Etum dropped the matter shook her head. That was better to think of something else.

"Do you get into many fights..? Nevermind about that, what kind of request are there? And well... Do you know if there is a library or a map anywhere in this City?"

After a few seconds, Etum realized that there was something else that was important.
    "Also a place to stay for the night for cheap?"
    While they do not have money yet, it can be solved with returning to the bar, beating up a few drunkards and retrieving their wealth. At the very least, they won't drink to death, would they?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  18. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "I'll answer those questions, if you don't mind."

The blonde receptionist sitting beside Ran interceded before Ran could start speaking, but the girl herself merely shrugged before returning to her book.

"For requests, there's extermination types, then there's material collection types. There's also requests made by civilians somewhere. The library is just a few blocks ahead, the building with a glass dome. We also rent out rooms upstairs for adventurers for cheap, but don't expect it to be on the same standards as an inn. If you're planning to book rooms, just talk to the person on duty, which is currently Ran---uh..."

The mentioned girl closed her book with a sigh, pulling out another from under the counter.

"If you want a room, just sign your name under one of the empty slots in this book. Try not to break anything. I don't care if you pay the rent at the start or at the end, but keep the noise down. If you have any problems, don't look for me."

"What she means is that even if something happens, she won't be able to do much---"

"And I'm not being paid for it, so if you annoy me I'll just beat you up."

"Ran..."

19. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    While Etum and Moon were talking to the receptionist, I decided to go sleep in a nearby chair, presumably for waiting. Hopefully when I wake up, it'll all be a dream.

20. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh, it seems one of the receptionist is available."

Sky quickly stood up and went to the receptionist to talk about where to sell the treasures they aquired at the ruins as he turned to his companion who was currently still unconscious.

"Oh hey Sky. It was quite a shock to see you in such a bad state and..... Wait, why is your left arm back?"

"Ah, well...."

He began to narrate to the receptionist as she was quite shocked that he could do that. He decided to be honest and began telling his experiences at the ruins as she never expected him to be a capable person even when he don't the part.

When he first came here like a complete idiot who kept being honest and innocent to everything, the receptionist worries began to stir within her as he tends to help out the townsfolk in his first day at the city.

Doing manual work, carpenting and even cleaning the toilets without a complaint, he earn the title 'Kind Adventurer' during his stay at the city as he always come to help out even when he's not needed.

They always found it odd that Wanderers in the past aren't kind to the natives and often be violent and never meeting a nice guy like Sky.

But once he decided to go and explore the dangerous ruin, the fear in her heart began to stir as he might end up dying without them knowing as he had built quite a nice relationship to the citizens in the city.

"I see..."

But seeing him still smiling like the same as usual, she finally calm down as Sky began to explain as to where he would sell the treasures he and May had gotten as he pulls up a bag and saw how much they had filled the entire thing.

"E-eh?"

"Well? Can we sell this somewhere?"