Tabula Rasa - Words of Power (Roleplay Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Oct 3, 2020.

1. SatanicalAngel

SatanicalAngel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "W-what do you think Etun? Should we sign?"
    Moon kept her head and voice low, still clearly intimidated by the one staring blankly behind the desk
    "I don't think its a bad idea, and we can take some of the jobs as well if they're easy..."
    Moon looked up to Etun for approval

2. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    'Material collection sound impossible since well... we do not know anything.'
    That was rather obvious. Extermination? That should be... more doable in terms of knowledge. However, in terms of skills, that is a bit more difficult. Fortunately, the library should be easy to find. So far, nothing bad happened-- and fortunately, they can pay for the rent after renting it.
    "Well. If we want to have a place to stay in, we've no choice but to sign up, don't we? As for the money... well, that's the same. No choice but to pick a job whether we like it or not."
    Following that, Etum felt ready to sign up and wondered how to write. No matter, the moment he would start holding a pen, he would likely be able to write without the actual knowledge. A sigh escaped her mouth as it thought of it.

"Anyway, what jobs can we pick up? One nearby if possible. Extermination type would be better but... any would do."
    As he said that, Etum naturally signed in the empty slot under Nocturne's name, obviously. If he did not fall asleep, Etum would have written its "own" name.

3. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "Accepted. Fourth floor, fourth room from the left. Here you go."

Ran placed a key on the counter. It was a simple piece of metal with a 4-4 carved onto it. Having finished, she looked expectantly at the other receptionist.

"Fine, fine...here's a simpler commission. There's been increased sightings of wargs outside the city as of late, so we'd like for you to whittle down their numbers by a bit. There's no set number, we'll pay you accordingly for every slain warg."

Fossil, AliceShiki, Naraku and 3 others like this.
  4. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmn...."

Sky look up on his card and saw how much money he had got as he never expected to recieve such a large sum of money. Even having to split off with May, he was still surprise at such an amount to which he wonders how he was gonna use it.

He decided to separate with May and decided to head outside as he felt a bit more calm in Nature than in a civilization.

"Would i head to a new place to search for more clues to other Wanderers? Or stay in this city for a while, work on something like a magic tool to help me combat those creatures and set out to a new place?"

Just sitting a boulder a bit near to the forest and looking at the city from afar, Sky felt like while still lack information, he wanted to explore the new place and visit new sights for him to see. Maybe to help people like him who are also lost to this world as well. But seeing some people whom he had meet, it might seem pointless for him to do so.

"I should polish my sword skills first before thinking about leaving. After knowing my lack of skills, it better to do something productive than doing nothing at all."

And so, he stood up from the boulder as he pulls his sword and begins to swing it in different ways.

While some of it were clumsy and done by an amateur, he was honing the blade into his own as he closes his eyes and remembers the fight with the skeleton Undead Warrior who almost killed him.

He began to copy some of its movements since it had some form for him to learn from as every motion in his body began to work to his maximum.

'Up, left, right, down, curve..... And left....'

Recalling every movements the undead did, he was slowly getting use to it as he would always stop before tiring himself out. He was cautious of not being left undefended like last time as he always been vigilant since that incident.

While Sky was a pacifistic person, he will defend himself when necessary as his training with the sword had given him a massive improvement to his skills.

"Looking up at the sky.... It always calms me down......."

Feeling a bit tired, he decided to take a nap near a tree as he slowly losing consciousness.

5. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    Moon looked at the key excitedly before questions began flooding her mind. Now comfortable in the situation Moon didn't think much before opening her mouth.

"Etum, are we still going to ask about the library?"

She still didn't have the courage to leave Etum's side, and became even more worried once Nocturne left to go nap.
    To Moon that didn't sound like a bad idea, but she knew better than to miss such an important event. This was the time to get money, and most importantly, information.

Not wanting to cause any suspicion as Etum had warned of doing, Moon whispered behind him so only it could hear.

"Shouldn't we also ask what a Warg even is before we take it on?"

And as for her behavior, Moon thought she should at least find the courage to be polite to the people helping them.

Slowly moon stepped out from behind Etum and quickly thanked the two for all of their help before retreating back behind Etum.

Fossil, AliceShiki, Naraku and 3 others like this.
  6. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    I wake up to someone voraciously munching on the small stock of food I had gathered. Opening my eyes reveals my patient - already having recovered by an astounding degree - cracking open one nut after another with his teeth. With a polite cough, I cancel the concealment on myself.

"Feeling better?" I ask my patient as my eyes scan over his body again, still surprised over how well he recovered.

"Oh, you saved me? Thanks a bunch, man! I thought I was a goner." He responds as he tosses another nut into his mouth, cracking open its shell with his teeth and comfortably chewing on its innards.

"It's my duty as a doctor," I simply respond to him before continuing: "Do you think you will be able to return on your own?"

"Yeah, I'll manage. Thanks a bunch. But... do you have another of these nuts? I'm really digging them."

For some reason, I'm slightly regretting saving him. But a patient is a patient.

"No, I'm afraid that was my entire stockpile of them. As well as most of the rest of my food, it seems."

Before I can continue, the patient dashes out of the cave, a 'thanks a bunch' still lingering in the air. Well, at least now I know that he can still run. So he should be fine. Time to stock up on food again.

I leave my cave, make sure that the entrance is still concealed, and stroll through the forest (while concealed of course), gathering food along the way.

7. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    Waking up and looking around, Sky was thinking of using the new word Concepts he had aquired as he began testing them and its uses.

[Golem] was an unusual concept he had gotten as he used it on a rock and basically gave it instructions. While it was obedient, it lack any intelligence as it only follows simple commands and Sky felt that it was pretty much not as powerful like regrowing a limb or basically turning day into night.....

"It kinda reminds me of something but i can't seem to get it..."

He saw the rock he used his concept in to roll around as he began to construct something as an experiment and started working on it.

Sky felt like this was gonna be fun as he started cutting some trees down and gathering rocks to which he began grinding them into a donut shaped and started attaching every parts he had made into a makeshift vehicle. While it was something he made out of fun and look a bit easily breakable but he basically wanted to test his idea out as he focus his gaze upon the wheels he had grinded and attached to the vehicle he had made.

"[Golem]"

Once he used the concept, he sat at the front as he held onto the wheels and basically said 'Go'.

"W-w-whoah.......!!!!!!"

While he had expected that his idea might work, he didn't expect to work this well.

Zooming around fast that it was slowly building up speed that its basically faster than a carriage and zooming everywhere.

"This is so........ Cool!!!!!"

Sky felt like he was basically blown away by the speed as he can even feel the air pressure begining to choke out his air as he now realises one important fact.

"How do i stop thi-"

Before he can continue, one of the wheels had hit something and basically everything had crumble due to being made without tightening everything together and basically crumble the slightest hint of shaking or hitting something.

But the impact cause him to fly through the air and unluckily landed back into the city, straight through fhe Guild as he cause quite an entrance and basically landed hard on some tables and hitting the receptionist counter before collapsing down and fell unconscious.

"I'm...... Okay......"

Bleeding and having broken bones in some parts of his body, he still managed to say a few words before falling unconscious.

8. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    may seemed to be sleeping a funn nights rest, who knows what dream she may be having.

Quaesitor likes this.
  9. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    Hearing the crash of the tables splintering to pieces Moon quickly pulled Etum out of the way before addressing the possible threat. However, once she sees the body laying in front of the desk she quickly begins to panic at the amount of blood on the ground.

"W-w-what should we do!? He's hurt really bad, and I bet there are quite a few broken bones as well!"

Moon quickly sat beside the injured human as if getting a closer look would help her figure out what she could do to help. Although seeing all the blood causes her to pass out.

10. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Alright, that's perfect. Thank you for your help."
    Indeed. What is even a warg? Fortunately, there's a library to reply to his questions. First and foremost, a encyclopedia regarding wild beasts or monsters need to be read. That would be quite helpful.

"We will just need to carry our friend up in the room..."
    A sigh escaped his mouth once he saw that Nocturne was still sleeping.
    "Well--"
    "--god damn it."

Considering how injured that person is, at least at first sight-- Etum assumed that they will easily survive provided emergency healing. Nonetheless, what was particularly worrying were the receptionists. Especially the one who seemed to be in a bad mood. What will they do now that their desk got crashed?

"I definitively don't want to be involved."
    Aside from these words, Etum decided to convince Moon to slip away from this commotion.
    "Well... let's just do what we planned, get Nocturne to the rented room, go to the library and hunt some wargs... this guy's probably going to be taken care of by the Guild staff-- unwillingly or not."
    Well, who would like to have a wounded adventurer on their desk and continue to work as if they have not seen them? With that said, Etum took Nocturne by the arm and decided to carry him by putting his waist on his shoulder.

"...He's kinda heavy?"
    Maybe, they should just leave him behind.

11. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Ran stared at the unconscious person (@Arcadia Blade) on the floor, a thin trickle of blood running down the side of her forehead where it'd been grazed, with no particular expression on her face. She lifted one finger.

"Ran, no."

The Tiger of Echizen reluctantly extinguished the flames dancing across her palm.

"...Just a single 'Explode'?"

"He'll die."

"Of course he will, at this rate. I've an idea; just look at all that red liquid --- I might as well send him to the maker before he bleeds out."

"...Without resorting to murder, please."

"...Well then, guess I'm out of ideas."

The blonde receptionist sighed.

"Just --- drag him somewhere, please. I'll clean up this place in the meantime."

"Can I toss him in the trash, then?"

"Without killing him, Ran. Please."

"...Fine."

12. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    Still shaken from the event Moon looked up to Etum and then to Nocturne.

"Maybe we should just wake him up and head to the library... I don't think we should stick around here much longer.."

Moon then pointed to the clearly angry fireball ready to explode at any second. She then proceeded to poke Nocturne's cheeks until he woke up.

13. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    "!!!!!"

Sky felt the danger rising as he quickly took conscious and began to cast heal upon himself.

"S-sorry....."

His instincts kicked in from having been turned to mince meat as he notice that he was somehow inside the guild room.

"W-wait, wasn't i outside the city? How come i came back here?"

Confusion rised upon his face, not knowing he flew quite a distance from his experiment and even did quite an amazing feat of being able to pass the wall with such height. If he didn't pass the wall, he might had turned into meat paste from such force and was quite lucky that he manage to use the chairs and counter as a cushion from the impact. While suffering from bone fractures and blood draining from his face, it was still lucky since he survive from such impact.

"A-apologies."

He lightly smiles and walk to the blond receptionist to apologize and pay for the damages using the money he had earned.

Though he didn't escape being heavily scolded from her due to him being reckless after his little stunt. She scold him so hard he started tearing up from her nagging as he turned to the people near to him for his escape.

@Haxagen @SatanicalAngel @Naraku

14. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking over Moon was glad to see the boy get up and it seemed he also had the ability to heal.

Which then dawned on her that she could have healed him, but didn't know if she had the brain power to apply it on someone else. Although she also felt sorry for him because it looked like he was about to cry while being scolded. It seem the blonde person behind the desk was equally as scary as the one who didn't know how to smile.

All the while she is still poking Nocturne's face.

Fossil, Quaesitor, Naraku and 2 others like this.
  15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I woke up to my stomach rumbling... I'm hungry.

It was still pitch black outside though, how am I supposed to find food without seeing it!?
    ... Could I even see in the first place though? What did food even look like...?

Ah! Sunflower seeds! Sunflower seeds are tasty! Let's eat those!

I picked a seed from the sunflower I was sleeping on, but... It was too big, was I supposed to just bite into it?
    ... No, too hard, can't crack it... Mmmm...

I tried breaking it open with my fingers, but it didn't budge... I need more strength to do it! >.<

Oh! It cracked open! Hooray!
    ... Ah, it fell... I'm never gonna find it again... Oh well, let's open the next one more carefully.

I took a new seed and carefully applied my strength into it and it broke! This time I got the seed from inside and started munching on it... Yummy~

After a few seeds I felt full... Guess I should go back to sleeping, the sun should rise soon, right?

... Though I don't feel sleepy at all, what a bummer... Well, I'll sleep eventually if I try for long enough.

16. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Ran didn't bother lending a hand. After all, it was the idiot's problem for trying to fly, not hers. So she just watched him getting scolded in quiet amusement.

Speaking of which, it's fine, right?

"Natalia."

The blonde receptionist briefly glanced her way.

"I'll go take a walk outside the city. Bye."

"...It's nearing night and it's cold as hell."

"I know, don't worry. See you tomorrow~"

Waving lazily, Ran left the guild building.

Time to get some practice in.

17. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    After being scolded hard by the receptionist, Sky began to wait for the payment for the damages he did as he sat at the nearby table and look at the nearby people closer as he felt that the people in here were kinda diverse.

People having beast-like features as having a tail or ears, he was more curious of a certain person who had wings which he was reminded of a familiar name for him but he felt loss as he couldn't remember it.

It made him feel like he want to kneel at her and pray due to such natural desire to serve.

'I-i just barely know her but she reminds me a of a holy being i kinda know....'

Sky had seen her to be angelic yet never knowing she was an angel to which if his memory remembers her, he would already be bowing down on her.

He decided to shake his thoughts off as he grab some wood that was broken and began to scrap it into pieces to which he began to assemple it into a tiny version of what he made outside.

"Hmn~"

He began to hum while scraping and assembling them out as it turned out nicely and it was miniaturized car that he had made.

It wasn't polished as he didn't made it out of pure design as he started attaching wheels and.....

"[Golem]"

The minature car he made began to move albeit in a slower pace than usual due to his last incident and began trying to experiment ways he can basically worked with his new concept.

He began giving instructions as he not only used words on the wheels but on the stiring as well to control it freely and began to notice he can give more commands than he thought.

'i... I see...'

He didn't noticed that he was stared at many people who was curious about his work as he just observes it with curiousity and wonder. Trying to think up new ways he can use his powers....

Naraku, SatanicalAngel and Quaesitor like this.
  18. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    Hair standing on edge, Moon had felt like someone was watching her. As she turned she saw that the one who had crashed into the guild had been attempting to make... Whatever that small wooden thing was. That wasn't important, what really caught Moon's attention was the fact that it was moving! Not thinking much about it, Moon went over to get a closer look at what seemed to be a tiny creature.

Eye's practically sparkling at the adorable little thing Moon couldn't help but introduce herself to it, accidently ignoring the other person at the table.

"Hi lil guy~"

Moon reached out to touch it but stopped herself since she thought that's be careless. She then noticed the other person at the table and quickly made space between them.
    "I-I'm sorry... Your friend there was too cute to ignore..."

AliceShiki, Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  19. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Waking up to Moon poking my face then walking away, I yawned while saying, "Sleep is a wonderful thing." Feeling rested, I tried to stand up but noticed I was hanging on Etum's shoulder. Moving my body to properly stand up, I thought that I might have messed up. When I said Sleep, it felt similar to when I said Night, Stars, and Aurora. Hopefully nothing bad happened from that?

Oh well. As I stood up, I noticed some new people in the guild...and a broken wall and some tables. What the hell happened while I was asleep? It shouldn't have been longer than an hour, right? How did I sleep through all of this? Turning to Etum, I ask, "What...what exactly happened while I was asleep?"

AliceShiki, Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  20. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, Nocturne was too heavy for Etum to carry him to the room. In the worst case? He can just be left behind in the hall. Nonetheless, something else interrupted this lovely plan of her.

"Goodness gracious..."
    Moon definitively has the tendency of sidetracking, doesn't she? They are supposed to go to the library to make money.
    "...At least, something good happened. I was going to let you down since you are too heavy for me."
    Now then, how he should explain this a few short sentences?

"Okay. First, we have a room to dwell in. But before that, we got to kill some wargs to make money, to pay for the room."
    So far, so good.
    "We also know where a library is. I need to go there before killing those beasts, for reasons I shalln't mention."
    Because they know nothing. Nothing wrong with that--

"Aside from that... some guy went through the wall and crashed onto the receptionist's desk. Somehow, he or she is still alive."
    Following this sentence, Etum pointed at the person beside the golem and their comrade. Now that Nocturne should get a hang of the situation. Etum cleared his throat and spoke loudly enough for Moon to hear him.

"I will head off to the library, gotta read some stuff before making money."

Quaesitor and Fossil like this.