Spoiler I dont want to be Loved

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by sarrieta90, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Nefroza

Nefroza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you share me the link too? Wordecerpt had taken down many novels and they all are left where they were on other sites.

2. nanu00

nanu00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May I ask how did ML die in his first time line??

3. Nlgenne01

Nlgenne01 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I’m new to this novel and I’ve read through a lot of the spoiler comments but I didn’t see anyone answer this question.

Why did Igor cheat on her with her step sister?

4. Deleted member 265239

Deleted member 265239 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually he didn't chear on her, that's just a misunderstanding between them, but im not sure tho..

Zeref_96 likes this.
  5. Nlgenne01

Nlgenne01 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn’t? Is it ever mentioned in the story again?

6. Pearl1995

Pearl1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are way too many chapters of Leticia's smut scenes. I had to skip about 4 chapters to find a decent chapter that sticks to the story line :confused:
    We get flashbacks of Rhia's past life before she found out she was pregnant.
    -After Igor sexually assualted her for the entire nigth and leaving before morning breaks, there was a banqueat being held in the palace. Rhia was forced by her father to ask Igor to dance with Leticia during the banquet as a way to introduce Leticia to high society. Igor was hurt by Rhia's request and ended up dancing with only Letica for the entire banquet. He was hoping to hurt Rhia and humiliate her in front of many people.
    -When he saw her face falling, he was overwhlemed with guilt..but did nothing to resolve that.
    -Igor continued to ignore Rhia and spending time with leticia, causing rumours to spread like wildfire.
    -Leticia at some point told Igor that he should dethrone Rhia and make herself Queen, as Rhia didn't deserve to be Queen.
    -He was pissed off and finally came to a realization that Rhia went through an entire life of abuse from her dad and half-sister, causing her to be timid and shy. No top of being used and manipualted by his mother, publicly shamed by him and assaulted when they have sex, he finally understood why she was the way she way.
    -He then found out that Rhia is pregnant. He turned from ignoring her to being affectionate. He decided to send her away to outside the palace and promised that he would go see her everyday.
    -He stopped seeing Leticia but did nothing to stop her from coming into the palce. AND because Rhia was away, he still had Letica accompanied him during banquets- thus the rumous continued to spread.
    -One day, Igor sent Rhia a letter stating he won't be coming today because he will be occupied. In truth, he just found a a major tip of who was planning against him and was working on how to use that tip to get rid of them.
    -Rhia was happy to receive the first letter from Igor and thought that she should visit him in return, since he always visited her.
    -She walked in on Igor embracing Leticia

How the situation in that office actully happpened was like this:
    Leticia came into see Igor in his office (now, I just want to mention that she shouldn't even be allowed in if Igor was actuallg being proactive in getting rid of her. Being allowed to enter the King's office at any time shows of how much power anf influence she has in the palace). Igor thought that he could continue entertain Leticia one last time to make her think that she could actually become Queen, to then crush her hope and take it all away later. (He should have at least explain everything to Rhia before this point- I don't know why he thought witholding information and cause misunderstanding was the good way to go)
    -Letica came up to him being all coy and seductive. Igor returned the gesture to lure out more infromation about her dad and how they were palnning to dethrone Rhia.
    -Then Rhia walked in and saw him inbetwwen Letcis' over legs. Her leaning back over the desk.
    -Rhia ran away, ended up miscarried, thrown in jail, framed for treason, having insults hurled at by her the nobility, humiliated etc.

back to 2nd life
    -While Rhia was in Igor's office to ask for his help in warning Dimitri about the upcoming even of Chrichton's mass poisoning. Igor told her that it won't happen again since his mom had her power stripped, and she was actually the one behind the poisoning. As Rhia was leaving, Igor tried to hold her back, asking to explain what actually happened in their last life.
    - Rhia refused to listen and replied "If you wanted to explain the situation, then you should have done it back then!"
    "When I saw the sight of you embracing each other deeply in this location in the past, ending up with me falling down the stairs and losing my child, you should have at least came to me that day and say you've made a mistake. but only have you not come to see me, you made the soldiers capture me and put me in jail. Yet you're shamelessly saying you're going to give explaination now? How dare..."

-Rhia had tried looking for him after being thorwn in jail, sending maid to see Igor, hoping he would still come comfort her after losing their child.By everytime, the maid would come back unable to talk to him.

"in that moment when i needed you the most, you tossed me aside and crushed me beneath your feet"

-Igor tried stopping Rhia from leaving but Rhia refused to be touched my him. He ended up saying that Rhia should be accompanied back by Basil, for safety. Rhia thought that he only cared that the child would get hurt from Rhia being upset.

-Igor finally cornered a spy sent by Count Clovis, he threatened Count Clovis that he knew about the drugs being sneaked into Rhia's food to prevent conception. If Count Clovis wanted to live, he should give statements against Leticia.
    - Leticia was arrested at her home at night. During the transportant, a mysterious duke rescused her and offred to help her if she could kill Rhia. At this point, Letica has no way of escaping, The entire kingdom now know she poisoned her father and her current husband's exwife, and sneaked into the hunting ground to try to kill Rhia (she pushed Rhia into the pond)

I think the reason why i'm so against Igor is because of him deliberately withholding information from Rhia (not allowing her to protect herself or make informed decisions, and contributing to misunderstanding), deliberately cause her pain and humilation,THEN after finding out everything himself, still not telling her anything when everything involved her.

He found out about his mom's mass poisoning pretty early on (right after Rhia got pregnant). He could have use that to keep her in line instead of letting her throw Rhia in jail and framing Rhia for treason. He could have used that to not letting his mom let Leticia roam around the palace while Rhia was in jail (living in her delusions)
    He could have talked to rhia and reassure her after they made up when they found out she conceived, BEFORE she miscarried.
    Just like his mom, he treated her like a chess piece too. Everybody in Rhia's life, especially Igor, set her up for failures and made sure that her journey was full of obstacles.
    She was not given a chance to make informed decisions, constantly blind sided by her enemies, plagued with psychological trauma.
    Compared to many FLs, Rhia's disadvantages were just to great and she had no support system whatsoever.

Igor has been working many years to curb his mom's power and actually got the upper hand when he found out about the poisoning. He should have told Rhia what to expect, told her about who was manupulating her and planning for her downfall. But nope...

She actually owes him nothing in the second life. He was the one forcing himself into her life and lied to her again. Hating on her for not listening to him in the 2nd life deosn't seem fair.
    He missed his chances. Now he made her marry him, conceive a child together, and she's going through her second pregnancy thinking she has to abandon this child after it is born.

I personally feel that Igor and Rhia are never meant for each other, and should not end up together at all.

The author's mindset is probably like this:
    [​IMG]

I recalled someone in this forum saying that we shouldn't blame Igor until we actually read the whole novel. The translator says we actually getting pretty close to being finished (we are more than half way in), but my opinion of Igor still hasn't changed. It actually got even more negative :blobjoy:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  7. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    100 % seconded!

8. Nlgenne01

Nlgenne01 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have another question! Is the author on break right now? The English translations only seem to go up to chapter 177. Is there somewhere else with all of the chapters?

Nefroza likes this.
  9. Deleted member 265239

Reading List:
    Link
    That's just misunderstanding, he never cheat on her, someone told it on the previous page, Im not sure..

10. Nefroza

Nefroza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same!! There's no update after 177!! The site wordxcerpt had many novels translated but looks like it got caught or something because many novels just got stopped translating like: I don't want to be loved, Predatory Marriage, Lady to queen, Under the oak tree( tho it has f=got manga now but no novel updates), The tyrant's beloved doll etc they all are stopped hope they get updated soon

11. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All Korean novel in wordexcerpt are being suspended due to legal issue. I don’t think it’s because the author on hiatus.

12. Pearl1995

Reading List:
    Link
    The stories are stillbeing updated on Patreon. But updates are suspended on wordexcerpt d/t legal issues with korean publishers.

WinnieS likes this.
  13. Pearl1995

Reading List:
    Link
    Im back with more clarifications :
    That day, Igor was the one who actually called Leticia into his office. As I previously said, he was trying get information from Leticia and have her oust her father herself. He was planning to later announce that he had never selpt with Leticia to damage her reputation and turns her into liar. Though, despite him not having been intimate with her, due to him always holding her in him embrace when they are in public places, almost everybody believed that Leticia was the mistress. Despite Igor's change in treatment toward her behind the scene, becasue there were evidences of him spending time with Letcia, Leticia was able to successfully make people believe the rumours.

Once Leticia entered the office, she went straight to Igor and untied her dress, leaving her upper body bare to the eyes.
    As Leticia proceeded to caress him a nd amke out (one sided) with him, Igor was instead lost in a sexual daydream of making love with Rhia, without noticing that leticia has started to unbutton his shirt. When he came to, he thought "If this was what she desired, he may as well play along with her up to a certain point"
    With tha thought, he grabbed Leticia and pushed her onto the table and positioned himself between her legs. Leticia started grinding her sex up against him.
    Igor started rubbing her legs as she grinds into him. He asked "what is this plan your father and Count Clovis was trying to set up?.
    Leticia replied "They plan to have the queen miscarry her child...they'd lure Rihanna out of the palce and make it look like an accident"
    Then at that moment the door creaked and Igor saw Rihannan looking at them from the doorway.

While this flashbak took place, Igor has successfully captured Leticia in the present timeline.
    She has sneaked into Rhia's palace disguised as a merchant. While she hid in an alcove waiting to stab Rihanna when she happens to walk pass the alcove, Basil caught her and brought her to prison.

Igor went down to see Leticia in prison. At first she tried seducing him and thought Igor would be seduced when she saw him raising his hand towards her head. But instead of petting her hair like she had expected, he yanked her head back and ripped out her hair.

Igor said that despite growing up differently this time, she has not changed. If he had known this, he would have killed her 6 years ago.
    Leticia was confused of the hatred she saw in Igor. She doesn't know where this disgust is coming from since this is their first meeting.

Igor asked Leticia for the identity of the man who rescused her from the carriage. He said he could try cutting off her finger one by one if she she is refusing to say.

Not many interesting things happened after that.

After Basil captured Leticia, he also found Arc' stones hidden in the Queen palace that are known to cause explosion when exposed to a lot of sunlight. Basil and Igor concluded that someone is trying to assassinate Rhia. They want to continue searching for more stones but don't want Rhia to become aware of this as to not worry her.
    Basil suggested sending Rhia to live with the Queen Mother while they continue the search.

Igor thought that his mother should dote and look after Rhia if she knows Rhia is pregnant. He told Basilt to send words to Queen mother of Rhia's pregnancy and that Rhia wishes to rest in her palace during this time.

Igor then went to see Rihanna and told her that he is sending her to his mom. Rhia is surprised because she recalled him chasing after her and made her come back after she went there last time.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  14. Deleted member 265239

Reading List:
    Link
    Owoo! Thank you so much, kind soul! I'll waiting for the next update :cookie:

Pearl1995 likes this.
  15. papapa

papapa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you @Pearl1995 !! it really really helps clarify igor's 'doubtful' past which um... stupid and............................................. im sorry i dont know what to say, its very mdhiheiuhadheioey3hf383oieh98qiu3hi1209e0u (put Chandler Bing depressed I dont know here) :notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Pearl1995 likes this.
  16. MariL

MariL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Igor definitely is not an angel since he did some terrible things,but he definitely is not bad as Ruve I am shocked that people have audacity to say that.

17. Nightingale4444

Nightingale4444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically Abandoned Empress

Just remember to do that AFTER you slap them around and tell them you killed their dad. You gotta have standards, y’know? Just ask Ruve.

But don’t you see? Him murdering thousands of people and leaving families without fathers just to get some cooch shows how much he cares for her. That’s true ML material right there.

So he died the way he lived.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2020
    Creolenerd, WinnieS and Lovina like this.
  18. EllieAllie

EllieAllie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People really don't like reading the full story. Regardless of what you think of whether they deserve to get back together, I'd be hard press to call Igor a BAD KING for ARUNDELL (which is the only country he has ANY responsibility to take care of). Which action did he do in the second life that ultimately didn't make his nation better? He NEVER tried to fake nice with Crichton in the first life because he knew they had to be stronger at sea and defeat Crichton or else Arundell was going to lose to the ACTUAL conquering Toulouse Empire (who in the end, tries to conquer other nations in the epilogue...).

Igor had to defeat Crichton BEFORE the inevitable war started (which is what happens in the first life when his mom tries to poison the royal family). Both villain and Rhia and Basil, applaud him for his choice because his victory was a bloodless victory since he didn't pursue a full scale war and gave them the chance to surrender after ONE naval battle, when he had the resources to defeat them entirely.

By ruining relations with Crichton, his mom lost all ambition and gave up her schemes to poison her family... By avoiding the poisoning, he managed to saved Crichton, and Rhia's family from the civil war. In retrospect, his actions saved more lives than what would have resulted from Rhia's non-intervention. That is a fact, that Rhia acknowledges herself. Gaining Rhia was just an added bonus, not the sole reason, which Rhia states in her talk with the Queen Dowager. Rhia is right, none of the choices that the Queen made back in the first life made any sense when it came to Crichton on the surface. Not only that, Arundel ended up the best country by the final page because of their military and naval prowess... and they ended up making trade agreements and re-establishing relations with Crichton because of his marriage with Rhia? He even said he timed the naval battle right before an unavoidable crop failure so the Crichton civilians would revolt against their actual tyrant (who tried to sell Rhia out)? By the end, the Crichton tyrant is also gone because of him? Sounds like everyone benefitted from his decisiveness...??? Above all, he was a good ruler for his nation and generous to enemies when he had the power and knowledge to be more cutthroat? He keeps referring to giving everyone a second chance, just like he and Rhia got one? He didn't actively try to conquer any other nation beyond Arundell? He let Rhia go with no stipulations afterwards or ask for anything in return from her or Crichton? He only kept Rhia around for so long because he knew someone was after her life. Afterwards. he even gave up his only family and heir? He even feels excessively guilty for being a conqueror in the first life (when it wasn't even a conquest, his country was being justifiably invaded by his mom's actions. All he did back then was defend and win against an invasion)? He isn't even a vindictive person against the people who ruined his previous life when he lets Leticia and his mother indulge in the opportunity of a second chance when he could've killed them so many times before the start of the story.

Overall, he actually used his foresight and prior knowledge to improves lives??? Unlike Rhia, who didn't do anything this book??? Just because you don't like the pair, there is no need to twist Igor into a purposefully maniacal and bloodthirsty villain, when no one in the book will say that. His actions are all methodical and have justification behind it that end up leading to the betterment of lives. Igor was the only character who developed or used his second chance life properly...

If you are going to condemn Igor for being a conqueror (he's "conquering" a nation that isn't even his), condemn Rhia for being complicit to an impending pandemic and knowingly awaiting the ruins of her direct friends and family. Igor always tries to avoid potential disaster that he experienced before. Or is that only ok for Rhia because she is depressed? She still makes choices when she is depressed... choices that affect people actually close to her. Igor's new choices mostly affect people unrelated to him, barring Rhia. Normal people have feelings too. The feelings of depressed people don't trump over the safety and the feelings of surrounding individuals. Neither were mentally healthy or mature for the majority of both lives, but Igor accomplishes a lot more despite suffering from similar childhood neglect problems (which he never uses as an excuse to keep acting like a brat in the second life). This book isn't coming across what the author is saying about the immaturity of both, which is unfortunate, since it's the only well meaningful thing written about it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    spchntrt and cookiehana like this.
  19. Pearl1995

Reading List:
    Link
    People criticize him for his interpersonal relationship with rhia, not as much as his capability as king. He's no doubt a capable emperor and has been doing things for the greater good of his people. Though, the key topic for this novel is romance, so of course people will be focusing on interpersonal relationships, emotions, and the psychology behind the behaviour and actions of the characters. Depression is important because it is the key factor attributing to conflict between Igor and Rhia who are the two main characters.

Analyzing Igor by mainly focusing on his role as king when talking about his character seems a bit out of context

20. EllieAllie

EllieAllie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ....I am referring to the comment literally directly above mine which condemn him as a conqueror?

Also, depression applies to both characters, not just Rhia. Rhia doesn't get to do whatever she wants just because she is depressed. Her actions have harms on everyone too, Igor included. But people always brush that under the rug? It's like someone said, mental illness doesn't absolve wrongdoings and harms, and sometimes doing nothing is just as bad as doing wrong things. What did Igor do that was irreversibly harmful to Rhia that was ill intentioned? Would Leticia even exist in the palace if it weren't for Rhia's persistence on gaining affection from her parental figures, often at Igor's expense? Why is only Igor expected to communicate in their first life when neither did? Igor actually did tangible benefits for Rhia that Rhia acknowledges to be helpful. Yes, he shuts her down once. So they are really on even terms when it comes to dismissing one another - Igor tries to talk to her after Dimitri's visit. Rhia doesn't even try to do anything ever again. Also, Rhia is also upset when Igor stops visiting her? What is he supposed to feel when all she does is ignore him? At what point does Rhia ever want to communicate with Igor besides once in their lives? Despite all this, Igor still helps her to the best of his abilities without expecting Rhia to return his affection or feel obligated to because he was nice - he just kept doing things behind the scenes because he isn't good at communicating what he feels AND he doesn't think Rhia WANTS it. He isn't psychic. Rhia is immature in this relationship too, and was completely undeserving of a better marriage if that is her total contribution. People who only blame Igor is ironically the people the author is criticizing and mocking with her heightened portrayal of a misunderstanding by using Rhia as the main narrator.

Why is everyone so mad at Igor when Rhia doesn't even stay mad? The worse thing is keeping Rhia in the dark, but it's not like Igor thought Rhia wanted to help him out at any point by constantly going to the wrong person and introducing problems. ALSO, are people in this thread going to tell me they never HID THE TRUTH from anyone they cared about under some misguided idea of "protecting" them?!? Everyone must be honest saints here. He didn't even plan on hiding it forever, he was just waiting until the problems were resolved and it was safe to tell her. His execution isn't great, but his intentions all are well meaning. Rhia doesn't even have an execution OR any intentions besides getting the things she wants.

Igor has EVEN LESS parental love than Rhia had during his ENTIRE life, but he ended up more selfless than her? At least Rhia had her mom and to an extent her godmother. Igor had neither. And yet, despite all this, he never uses his childhood as an excuse (like Rhia) AND he has a capacity to move beyond his personal suffering to sacrifice for another person?

Igor didn't want to say anything about his mom because he didn't want to ruin Rhia's relationship with her. He never said anything about Leticia because he felt that that was what Rhia and his mom wanted - and he even STOPPED interacting her in any capacity after Rhia's pregnancy. He keeps trying to engage with Rhia during her pregnancy, and even Rhia notices his change in behavior. Igor wants Rhia's help with his mom, and he is justified to be upset when Rhia prioritizes her over him. If she doesn't want to try in the marriage, why should Igor be expected to be "the bigger person" when he was ALREADY the bigger person behind the scenes. He didn't even have an obligation TO help her out at the rate she was creating problems. Really, what did he do that was SO wrong and unforgivable that doesn't somehow also apply to how Rhia performed, but unlike Igor, Rhia manages to do it twice because she never wants to be enlightened even when it slaps her in the face. Being stupid when someone is trying to tell you the truth is only acceptable for so long, especially if it comes at the expense of her and THEIR child's wellbeing.

Seriously, people give Rhia too much stock. What did Rhia do that was good... FOR ANYONE in this novel to deserve such praise and pampering? She is constantly "built up" to be a deserving and nice character, but most of the selfless acts come from Igor (whether it is towards Rhia or his constant forgiveness to villains). All her actions or lack of actions have some hidden intention that really only benefits herself in the long run. Actions speak louder than words. Besides, it's alright to be selfish if you have something to show for - but Rhia is also not productive in that sense either... she waited around for someone to take the fall and rescue her from her problems that she had no willpower to confront, whether that was Dimitri or Helena or Igor. So it's like this character did not undergo any development or brainpower for the majority of the book, but still ended up being selfish at every turn? Yet, everyone is only sympathizing with her? For what purpose? For what progression? This book nor the meaningful message it was trying to convey would not exist without Igor, and he IS the true main character if you actually see the footnotes in Korean.

Some people here should just write this book off as an incompatible book since they will forever hate "abusers" like Igor and don't even want to understand misunderstandings from both sides of the story. No need to continue reading this book and make speculations out of groundless facts (Igor is a conqueror, ok alright ._.)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Manu06, Maeve Arte and spchntrt like this.