Spoiler The Devious First-Daughter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by pokapoka, Jun 17, 2019.

1. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is the first novel I read that the MC is SO FREAKING YOUNG she has her hairpin ceremony almost at the end of it, after almost a year of being married and just recently crowned Empress!

Even the MC of General's Little Lady, although forced to marry at 13, the ML doesn't arrive until later, when she's almost 15, and they marry way later than she enters his Manor, because ML isn't there at the time XD

This is so crazy!

Belli and kawaii12345 like this.
  2. Sayani. S

Sayani. S Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've a question.. That is if ML slept with many women.. I mean before his marriage with mc and after his marriage with mc

3. Gum_Drops

Gum_Drops Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be quite honest Ning Huijing's, mother Aunt Yu, was not quite as honest as she wanted to appear. Ning Xueyue made this observation later and it can be noted that everything Aunt Yu did was profit driven, although, to be fair their is nothing wrong with protecting your child over someone else's. Aunt Yu only entered the scene because madam Ling found out about Ning Zu'an's outside son, Aunt Yu's child and was plotting to kill him. Ning Zu'an basically had this son as a back up plan. If Ning Huaiyan should accidentally die or was unable to inherit Ning Zu'an's position there was always this 'back up child' or 'spare son.' That's exactly how vile Ning Zu'an was. Ning Xueyue found out about them before Ling because Aunt Yu use to visit the manner once a month under the disguise of selling vegetables, but Ning Xueyun found it sus because the maids would usually buy groceries and why would they allow a woman with no proper identity to enter the villa and even reach to Ning Zu'an's study. Although Ling knew the woman, what she didn't know was Aunt Yu had a son for Ning Zu'an. Ning Xueyan knew Ling would eventually find out and then definitely try to kill this son as Ling saw Ning Huijing as a threat to Ning Huaiyan. Ning Xueyan reached out to Aunt Yu and warned her and also offered her help. She used Ling's attempt to kill Ning Huijing to expose some of her schemes against Madam Ming while also saving Ning Huijing. She also revealed the truth of the matter to Aunt Yu and basically told Aunt Yu how she had a part to play in the death of Madam Ming who was innocent. Aunt Yu cried and said she didn't know or wasn't aware but Ning Xueyan called her on her bullshit. If she wanted to know it was a very easy matter to find out. Back when Ning Zu'an wanted to marry Madam Ming, everyone knew that HE promised HER that there would not be a third partty in their relationship because Madam Ming said she would not marry him if he had another woman. Nevertheless, after Ning Xueyue helped her by making Aunt Yu enter the Fu just as how Ling entered it back then. Basically kneeling outside the villa and crying to be acknowleged and causing a spectacle which sort of reminded people of how Ling entered the Fu back then. However, after entering the Fu she did not want to have anything to do with Xueyue anymore, she basically did not want to offend Ling further. It was only until some accidents happened to her son, a maid almost poured boiling hot water on his face but he dodged in time, and well Xueyue literally explained to her the seemingly mindless accidents were all well thought of plans that had dire consequences and could even end her son's life. Only then Aunt Yu decided to choose Xueyue's side. This means if Ling wasn't so selfish and had offered Aunt Yu more benefits than Xueyue and was not out to kill her son, she would've chosen Ling's side.

OKDR likes this.
  4. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, he doesn't sleep with anyone. He just has to keep all the women that are sent to him, to beware of the Emperor and other enemies.

5. Sayani. S

Sayani. S Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the information.I was wondering that.. If he had so many women and he was known as lecherous, so how would those women who were sent for spying would answer to their master. I mean if their master asked if ml slept with them or anyone else. I was curious. But now that I know he didn't, it's good. For our fl .

Btw thanks again(y)

OKDR likes this.
  6. Sayani. S

Sayani. S Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with u. If I apply this basis rules then it's true that a concubine cannot become main wife. In that case then the concubine born daughters and sons are also unable to rise their rank. Concubine born daughters can rise their rank if they marry someone as main wife which is is not so possible or maybe possible. Noone would want their daughter in law to be a concubine born as it's kinda shameful at that time. Only options for these daughters to be a concubine of a wealthy family. As for the concubine born sons .. They cannot rise up as they don't have permission for Royal exams and as long as legal son is not dead. So I think it's not possible for any concubine and her sons or daughters to rise up their rank. But in many historical novel I've seen concubine fighting for power and fighting with legal wife to rise up their rank. For example.. The story of Minglan if u seen the drama and read it, u will find out the favorite concubine of Minglan's father lin concubine is fighting with main wife nonstop. And at one time minglan's concubine born sister mo lan also said if the legal son is stupid then concubine son can take over the family. She even married to a Barron.And even cheng feng , lin concubine's son went for Royal exam.
    I wonder if there's some exceptions in the rules of main wife and concubine. Or maybe if legal wife adopted the concubine borns, which makes them as legal borns? I really don't know.. Can u explain this..

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  7. Sayani. S

Sayani. S Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually they didn't slept together until MC was physically good enough. So they didn't do the deed. ML was concerned that she's weak and if became pregnant it'll be dangerous. In chapter 591 he asked the doctor when they can do the deed. But the doctor said to wait. So I guess even if she married young.. ML was too concerned to do anything to her.

OKDR likes this.
  8. Belli

Belli PRO-crastinator Corgy

Reading List:
    Link
    All depend on how the attitude of the husband, and how lax the law, most dynasties look down on concubine. Afaik, the only exception is Qing dynasty (china's last), concubine can upgrade to wife, but the rest, meh... But again, novel is novel, and reality is somewhat bleak, especially if live as woman in Han or Ming dynasty (Tang or Song is somewhat okay, Qing is only okay if the family is Manchu origin).

If the family is strict, fame-loving and somewhat snobbish, that shu and di is very important, all the drama will not happen. At best, it will be,highly aspiring concubine mysteriously 'died of illness'/gifted to subordinate /send to zhuangzi.

And yes, the only escape of this vicious cycle of shu-born daughter become concubine, is if their legal mother and father (concubine mother cannot decide on this) somewhat magnanimous enough (or the family want to use these daughters) willing to match the shu daughters as someone legal wife, mostly to those lower than the original family. (Even as doting father like Minglan's dad only found a newly graduate jinshi for Molan at beginning)

Yes, if the legal wife have strong enough family (so husband don't dare to divorce her), magnanimous enough (to take shu born registered as her children), and desperate enough (she really does not have child). Or if the husband dote on those shu born enough to force the wife registered under her name.

OKDR likes this.
  9. Gum_Drops

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the final end for this concubine and her sister?

10. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't recall much, but nothing good that I remember. Sorry that we kept discussing other stuff from the backyard plots I forgot to spoil on her part.

I remember that they try to force the sister in once or twice, but ML always counter-schemed (I think the first few posts on this threat do talk about this). They tried the infamous framing the ML while having her try to sleep with him, but the ML dodged it nicely. Then... I simply forgot how everything unfolds with the ML finally getting his scheme succeed.

Gum_Drops likes this.
  11. Gum_Drops

Reading List:
    Link
    thank youuuu, it is almost completely translated as well.

OKDR likes this.
  12. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gum_Drops likes this.
  13. Gum_Drops

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhhhhh okay I would check it out.
    Have you read Return of the swallow, Legend of the concubines daughter Minglan, Princess Wei yang, the crown prince I am raising has turned evil and/or Tyrannical benwang's beloved wife?

OKDR likes this.
  14. OKDR

OKDR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From those, I only started Princess Wei Young, but I lost my bookmark (cleared Chrome's tags by accident) and since I was following the translations, I sort of dropped it (haven't gone back for a long time). Return of the Swallow, I was reading it and still keep the boomark, but haven't read for a while too.

I never read the novel of Minglan but watched the drama, is one of those I may read some day.

15. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m 100% sure I’ve never read this but the ninja maid killing stepmother by drowning in well seems so familiar for some reason

16. fantasy.92

fantasy.92 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading this novel, I arrived at the point of the marriage and i have a few questions . Just who is that character that think the third sister is the princess of the last dynasty? Why are a lot of people searching for this princess??

17. KichiX

KichiX Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The series is almost completely translated so if you continue reading you'll find out, but to answer your question
    Wen what's-his-face (the one who's as beautiful as a woman) made the third sister think she was the princess. At the beginning he thought that perhaps she could be but later realised that she definitely wasn't. He kept her as a scape-goat to make others think that she was the princess so that he could look for the real princess without worry. They're searching for the princess because they think that she knows the location to a bunch of treasure and also possibly a very loyal army - the treasure was already used by the MLs father when the new dynasty was created and the army never existed (or that's the information we have so far).
    It's kind of convoluted and doesn't make too much sense if you think about it carefully (in terms of motivations).

18. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn’t the fact the mc was stripped by the second sister in front of the other sisters and female servants as a child a plot hole because they should have seen her birthmark that shows she’s royalty

19. KichiX

KichiX Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it is, but shhhhh. I think the author meant to make something out of this - there was an off-hand comment by the FL that she felt she was forgetting something when the truth about the birthmark starting coming to light. I think they were talking about how nobody should have seen it and... but it wasn't followed up on. *shrug*

20. datraccoonboi

datraccoonboi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also want to know... please anyone knows?