Discussion Why are people using stuff immediately without washing it first?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Raebit, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont have germophobia but when I always see western youtuber, using stuff from shop immediately without washing I'm like????, isn't that dirty? :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

I see a lot of asian washing first, then use it, me too tbh.:hmm:

Something like knife, they immediately using it to cut meat without washing it.
    Clothes, without washing, they use it to go outside..
    Spoon, open the packaging then use it to eat
    I just can't..

Second question.

Why do I see a lot of people using their shoe inside house from outside?
    Why do I see a lot of people using their shoe in bed..from outside, isn't that dirty?

Maybe this is because of different culture.., but I just can't relate :notlikeblob:

Edited: since I mostly see youtuber more now.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  2. I Eat Monsanto

I Eat Monsanto He who courts death

Reading List:
    Link
    why are judging people based one what you see in films

Bloodysin28, Geor, BigBadBoi and 4 others like this.
  3. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You shouldn't take what you see from entertainment as what regular people do on a daily basis. Most people clean products they buy. There are also a lot of products that are ready to use right from the moment they are taken out of the box.

Also no idea what you are watching, but most people in the west don't sleep with their shoes when they go to bed

4. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While not 100% applicable everywhere, western clothes tend to be a tad cleaner than those I found in China. So there's that.

As for shoes' part, I felt that in my soul. I always have to mop the fucking floor every time I have guests.

5. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well a youtuber, do that, use the spoon (brand new) without washing it and then use it to eat, it doesn't chopped / edited, so I guess from there they immediately use it.

6. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because humans are disgusting creatures :blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek:

7. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, well one of reason is I never watch any asian movies using shoes on their bed, that's makes me wonder why they do that in western movie.

8. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see :hmm::hmm:

Yes, it makes my heart pained too, guest wearing shoes inside house is :((
    I'm glad in here, the guest always take the shoes off

9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah well, just think about all the germs you share when you hold hands, kiss someone or have sex with them. :blobpeek:

imK likes this.
  10. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    As a westerner, shoes in bed is also a very weird thing nor do i think i have seen movies where they're wearing shoes in bed.

Villager Anonymous, imK and 01 like this.
  11. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lack of complicated etiquette makes up for it somewhat tho. Visiting Asian families is always too stiff for my liking. Buying gifts (oranges lol) every time gets tiring real fast too.

Casualness ftw I guess.

Villager Anonymous likes this.
  12. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Should take a bath before doing it :blobpeek:

13. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to understand that an actor having their shoes on in a film might actually be part of the shot. Films can't be taken as median for how lifestyles actually are as they are purposely exaggerated for the sake of entertainment. From all the Asian films I've seen I'm not going to base the average lifestyle there from those movies as that would make no sense and not be a true reflection of how society is over there.
    Asia don't got a bunch of kids with rainbow colors running around summoning demons to fight

14. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Relatable and as for guests visiting at least for me majority has the etiquette to take off their shoes or slippers when they enter my home i guess it all boils down on their upbringing. :hmm:

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  15. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how Japanese culture has people washing themselves before entering the bath itself. I guess it's from the shared/public bathing for the most part.

Sabruness likes this.
  16. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    The only movies I can think of where someone had their shoes on in bed, it was used as an artistic representation of how tired/drunk/horny the person was. Basically shows that they are so mentally out of it they could even go to bed with their shoes on. After a while this became a trope in western films to represent the character’s state of mind.

Personally I grew up in an area where polite people ALWAYS take their shoes off at the door (or in the mud room if you have one).
    The only time I ever saw someone with shoes on in bed in reality it was in a college dorm and was considered disgusting by all who saw it.

Sabruness likes this.
  17. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I k ow hentai doesnt always reflect reality, but there are enough sweat fetish materials out there that I'm guessing not everyone shares that habit. And that's ignoring some of the "dirtier" kinks.

Tbh I'm one of those that dont like outside shoes on my floor. To many pet owners around here are not very good about clean up after their pets and there is all sorts of other nastiness that can normally be tracked in. So outside shoes are a no go anywhere inside my living space.

As for "food" purchased in stores not being washed, I'm of two minds. First off most if not all my fresh produce is either pre-processed in sealed packages(like sliced mushrooms or asparagus spears) or comes from a personal garden. So washing them is t a normal thing and if they were contaminated I'm fucked either way.

As for the rest, clothes get thrown in the wash before wearing them(gotta get the left over dye out), and utensils and cookware are either bathed in fire or run thrue the dishwasher.

18. CoupDeFri

CoupDeFri My shadow is my best friend.

Reading List:
    Link
    if it doesnt touch the ground for 5 sec, its clean

TXHY likes this.
  19. Ichigoeater

Ichigoeater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    American here.
    No one I know will ever wear shoes to bed. That's weird.
    Some people make others take off their shoes when entering. My grandma had a spot next to the entrance for shoes, and I do too because of her influence. It's common for people to not be made to take them off, though.
    When opening a new product, especially dishes, it's usually instructed on the label to clean before use. Doing the same to clothes is common sense, as some gross unwashed person may have tried it on, and you never know what goes on in shipping.

The youtubers you watch are a bit weird. Tell him to wash that crap.

20. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't now what everyone else form "the west" is talking about but i care too little to wash every thing i own after buying. the shoe thing is real. in the moment also don't care, but not a regular thing to do. what you don't know won't hurt you mentality is strong here. and even if you know if i can't see and it doesn't effect me F it and move on.

imK likes this.