Tabula Rasa - Words of Power (Roleplay Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Oct 3, 2020.

1. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    Good, this seems to have worked. The leaves started dissolving in the wound and the condition seems to have gotten better. Maybe this can be useful later, though I don't know whether they need to be applied to an open wound like now.

The wolf's breathing, which was rough up to now, subsided a bit and he closed it's eyes, probably going to rest after the pain was gone.

"Ah, it seems like the puppy is better now." I turn to Ilya, which is still mofu'ing the wolf's paw. "I guess we could stay for a little longer until it wakes up. Though I'm not sure whether it'll just leave us be."

Naraku, Quaesitor and AliceShiki like this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    "... The Mofu Mofu wasn't doing well!?" >.<

"Was it because Mister Sun didn't bring his light with him? Did Mofu Mofu dislike the dark?

"... But Mister Sun didn't find the light yet, did he...? So then shouldn't the Mofu Mofu still be hurt...?"

3. The Everdistant Utopia

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah, no. He had some... scratches. So I put something that would make him feel better." As I thought, she really can't see a thing, I guess?

While I was distracted conversing with the little one, I felt something landing nearby. Glancing at its direction, I saw the same pair of amber eyes from before staring at me. It seems that my guide decided to reveal itself.

It was quite the big bird, with dark, blue-grey feathers and a crest on its head. It was big enough to loom over me while I was seated down in the foliage, so I'd guess it was at least a meter tall. The bird approached cautiously while making low screeches.

Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ooooooh! You must be a genius! You know the magic to make the pain pain go away!" :aww::aww::aww:
    "Eeeeeeek! Wha-wha-what was that!?" *buries in the Mofu Mofu in hiding*

5. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Mmmmm. From the cities you mentioned, I would say Kalasi-- everything's probably quiet there. It's perfect for retirement."
    Retirement? Let's not think about it, Etum scratched his head and looked around. Nocturne was nowhere in sight, he may have fallen asleep once again, didn't he? They will just find him again.
    Afterwards, Etum decided to explain what he has read but did not mention any of the questions he had. His explanations can be compiled into three points: Kill slimes if you see any, avoid ruins at any cost, and stay around the city's vicinity if you do not wish to meet anything dangerous.
    Also, wargs are just big bad wolves.

"Anyway, let's head back to the Guild Hall if we can't find Nocturne, then, let's prepare..."
    Prepare? That was an issue, after all, what did they need to prepare to hunt wargs? Baits, but they cannot have any without money, or weapons if you want to get it yourself. Nonetheless, they have no weapons and can obtain none. Yet, Etum was confident.
    'Bah, let's just improvise once we arrive there. Not like we have any choices.'

Haxagen and Quaesitor like this.
  6. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Staring into the distance, Sky walks while pulling the carriage behind his back.

While he can command the carriage to move on his own, he felt the sense it might be troublesome if he isn't careful and be discovered by a cult. He felt like his lack of knowledge might end up losing his life if he isn't careful.

Opening his map, he had mark his destination as he would stop by two villages before arriving at his destination. Sky felt like his journey would be quite fruitous as he felt excited about learning more of this world.

He didn't know why but he felt that in his memories, he was always in a cage where he could never explore the world as he sense that this might be some reason and a new goal for him.

'I think that even if i don't recover my memories, i'll be sure to explore the world and see the new sights.'

He said as he felt two people talking as he turned to a direction and met with two girls coversing with each other.

'No, its for the best i don't.'

He decided as ignoring their conversation and continue on with his journey.

SatanicalAngel likes this.
  7. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    After properly butchering the boar with cut under the cover of concealment, I now have had a nice meal with meat, gained a fur coat, and some simple bone tools. Not a single part wasted. It can probably rest in peace.

But really, it seems like I simply can not stand the sight of someone bleeding. It just irks me to no end. Whenever someone is injured, there is a sort of innate impulse to treat them. Bandage the wound, set bones straight, administer medicine, and remove harmful substances. As I wallow in this feeling, I feel something that seems to be at the core of my being. Yes, I used to be a doctor...

The moment I realize this, some of my memories rush back, filling my head. The smell of blood, iron, and gunpowder... pained screams and groans... gunfire, exploding grenades, the rattling of a motor. Then another, extremely close explosion, followed by darkness. I remember now. I used to be a doctor in a warzone, treating civilians and soldiers, disregarding their identity. A life saved is a life saved, no matter who I saved.

Though it seems like one of the nations fighting in the war did not agree with me, finally bombing my hospital. At least that is my guess, as an explosion buried me under rubble, left to be fried from the following fire. Or it was a napalm bomb - my final memories aren't very clear.

But what I am clear about is that I, at my core, am a doctor - and that will never change. Along with these memories, a flood of medical knowledge fills my head, granting me the knowledge I gained through hard work in my previous life.

Solemnly, I recite the Hippocratic Oath to myself:
    I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.
    TLDR: "First do no harm"

SatanicalAngel likes this.
  8. SatanicalAngel

SatanicalAngel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moon tilted her head in thought.

"I also think Kalasi would be very cold though. Anyway, Nocturne should be somewhere in the library. I don't think he would have wondered very far. Once we find him we should decide where to go after this city. It won't do to stay in a beginner level town."

Moon smiled at the thought of being able to see Trium. But as she thought of if one day she would have to leave her party members it would also make her very sad...She shook her head and banished such thoughts.

Moon began walking down each row of books in search of Nocturne, until she finally found him in the research /history section. He seemed really deep in thought.

"Well at least he's not sleeping.." She whispered to herself. Moon quietly walked up to him so she didn't ruin his train of thought and waited patiently for him to notice her.

AliceShiki, Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  9. The Everdistant Utopia

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah, don't worry! It's just a very... very big birdie, I guess?" I could feel the bird staring at me as I said those words. Perhaps it does understand human speech?

Either way... "Excuse me, are you here to wait for the wolf? Or to call me to move on? I don't quite understand..."

AliceShiki, Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  10. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    "Birdie... I don't like birds! Birds are bad! They make "bzzz bzzz" and like eating Ilya!

"Bird birdie go away!"

*shows tongue in the general direction of the bird sounds*

11. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Awakening with a severe case of dread, I was off-put by the unknown of my surroundings, from the confusion and apprehension it caused as I tried to recollect all I had known. Everything felt familiar and yet something was extremely off, something was wrong yet I did not know what it was. My head hurt as if something scooped out my brain and cut out a few pieces then made me forget as it was put back.

Holding my head in pain, I grabbed my bearings as I stood and readjusted to my surrounding, regaining a balance to cast away my doubt. Slowly and calmly breathing as I sort everything within my pained head.

“Who am I? Where am I? What is this place?... There has to be something about me somewhere, do I possess something like that?”

I start to rummage through my clothing to find anything that can identify who I was or even am, all I have is what I’m wearing and this dagger that was sheathed on my waist, it gave off an extreme feeling of foreboding and unease. I unbuckled it to look for any signature on its exterior then I unsheathe it to look for any distinguishable marks on the blade and handle as I held it in a natural grip in yet an unnatural manner.

‘It’s surprisingly well balanced to how it looks, with its fleshy appearance and its eldritch-like design, especially with that Chaos-like eye within the handle. Though there’s nothing on it that can tell me where it’s from or who made it, I’ll have to ask around to even find out where it’s from… and with that a possibility to who I am.’

“Bah, it’s frustrating... is anyone here!?” I shout bombastically as I look around to see anyone while I go to look for a way to leave.... All I can trust now is my instinct and feeling, what I feel is the need to pray as I look around, lost within this place. What can I believe in right now?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    Quaesitor and Epsil like this.
  12. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    For Ran, who was working as a receptionist (perhaps), it was all too easy to pick up on conversation within the guild building. The amount of work was dwindling; the early ones had all gone off --- and so she kept one ear open for idle talk.

"---messier than it ought to have---"
    "---dead silence---"
    "---never seen markings like those---"

She raised an eyebrow, attention already stolen from the book in her hands. Looking at the people conversing, she was fairly certain that none of them were from the same party.

What are you talking about?

Three faces turned to stare at her.

Oh, f*ck. I made my way over and asked the question aloud without thinking about it...well.

"That is, errr---"

"Don't worry about it. I'm just rather curious."

"...Alright, there should be no harm in telling you, then. Last week, when I was setting traps for boars---"

13. The Everdistant Utopia

Reading List:
    Link
    The bird screeched low in Ilya's general direction before flying to the wolf and starting to peck his head, as if to wake him up.

The wolf growled before starting to wake up, moving his body to get up.

Quaesitor likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!" *starts flying away in a hurry*

*gets assaulted by a big pain in her wings and immediately falls on the ground*
    *starts crawling away*

"Noonononono! Bad birdie should go away! Away!!!"

15. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thank you young man for helping me. I apologize that you had to carry me to the village."

"Its fine sir. I just like helping people out."

While heading to his next destination, Sky met an man who was currently injured and decided to carry him on his carriage to the next village. He can use heal to fix his wounds but he felt uncertain of overly relying on his power and might one day lose then unexpectedly.

'I can't just rely on my concept all the time....'

Sky thinks as he and the man converse while slowly reaching to the edges of the village.

The place looks wrecked as he had known from the man that they are constantly been attacked by monsters lately. The monsters had been moving weirdly these past few weeks as they had heard from the adventurers that the monsters they've been fighting were scarced and quite low around the city as Sky felt the earth shaking and saw in the distance, a group of monsters began to rush towards the village.

The monsters were goblins who wore ragged clothing as they fiercely began charging at the townspeople as the villagers panicked and run chaotically while the adventurers began to fend them off. Sky was shocked and decide to help as he told the man to stay since it was safe and charges through the goblin.

He began to kick the nearby goblin who was assulting a defenseless woman and pulled out his sword to knock the two goblins away. While he was strong, he was holding back on killing them since he didn't want to kill any life. While he was merciless against undead, they were already dead as he only broken the goblins arms so it can only run away while trying to save as many villagers as he can.

He didn't care about his concept being seen as saving lives was of far more importance.

"Go! Run away quickly!"

He told a nearby mother holding her child to leave as delivered a flying kick to a goblin was gonna jump at them. While the adventurer and people were kinda confused as to why Sky isn't killing any monsters, they only felt thankful, especially the villagers as Sky prioritize the villagers to get into safety as he would heal those who are too injured to move and even carrying those who was frozen in fear.

By the time the adventurers cleared out the monsters, they saw Sky had saved so many villagers while panting heavily.

"Damn! The monster wave is getting fierce. I just hope that the city could be safe. But, we can't even go back and the next city is already far. Worse, it seems that there will be more monster wave approaching so even if we help those people at Elysion, we can't do sht if we left these guys."

One of the adventurers clicked his tongue e as he knew that there was something weird happening in the forest as the attack was just a minor wave. He feels that there will be more monsters heading to the city as he wanted to go back but he feels that these villagers would be left unprotected.

Sky who heard that, was shocked and wanted to teleport but he turns to the villagers who are scared stiffless and knowing that the adventurers were gonna head back, he decided to stay as he told that he will stay here and defend and took out the car he build at the adventurer's guild.

"I hope this will reach the city first...."

Sky took out a paper and began to write what happened as he hope that the place might be able to understand the gravity of the situation. He turned to the adventurers who were going to leave as he called them out and used Portal to head there quicker.

"Here. Give this to the receptionist there since she knows me well and if she can see this thing, she would believe you more since she know me best there. Tell her that i can't come back to the city and send help if they can here. I'll try my best to defend this village to the last until back-up arrives."

While the adventurers where unsure about this but Sky needed to be here than thr city he onced stayed in as he would regret not helping these people behind him. The adventurers unanimously agreed as they peeked to the portal as they saw that they were really at the adventurer's guild and entered.

Once the adventurer's left, the villagers felt betrayed but they saw Sky with a serious look as he turns to them with determination.

"Everyone, lets cut some woods and build up some walls as fast as we can. The women and the children need to find shelter and i'll scout ahead to try and reroute them away from here the best i can. I just hope we can get through this!"

While Sky would risk himself for the sake of this people, he believes that this was the right thing as he heads towards the forest alone.

16. The Everdistant Utopia

Reading List:
    Link
    "Calm down, Ilya. Don't worry. It's not a bad birdie, I promise." I told her as I picked her up since the wolf had made her tumble in the ground while getting up.

Quaesitor and AliceShiki like this.
  17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *hides away in your hand* "All birdies bad!"

18. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing as Nocturne refused to budge, Moon decided to stop waiting around. She went back to Etum so that they could prepare for their very long journey.

"Hey Etum, Nocturne doesn't wanna come it seems, so we should just go and take care of the quest ourselves. By the way... Which city should we head off to after this?"

Moon tilted her head deep in thought. She felt a longing for Trium, although she couldn't understand why. Conflict brewed in her mind before she shook it off and focused on Etum again, waiting for his answer. Since they were the more logical one.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Quaesitor, AliceShiki and Naraku like this.
  19. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    As Etum began heading outside, he stopped in his steps and reminisced Moon's words about the main cities. Among the four other cities, only two were favourable considering their circumstances: Syum and Trium. The two others were likely too dangerous for them to venture into when they hold no knowledge nor real power.

"I would say either Syum or Trium. From what you said, both should be fairly... safe? That is the most important. Aside from that, guess we should get to know more about these before choosing. We should go to the most isolated and safe ones first."

In any case--
    "Not like we can afford that yet. Gotta make some money first by slaying the wargs, don't we?"

Quaesitor likes this.
  20. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    Moon happily smiled and jumped at the thought of going to Trium. But then stopped when she realized it was time to get ready for combat. She didn't think she had any combat skills and wargs didn't sound too friendly. She eventually cleared all her doubts. Afterall, she had wings. She could just carry them out of there if needed. She hoped.

"Well, if you think about it, our targets will most likely be living in the woods, so we would already be on our way to Trium anyway. Plus, once we get our reward and things ready to head out we can just kill some more and sell them in Trium!

Moon got excited once again. Proud of herself that she thought of such a great idea.

Quaesitor, Naraku and AliceShiki like this.