LCD The Strongest Dull Prince's Secret Battle For The Throne

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by venu101, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Fik

Fik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    General Kenobi

2. S_Leonardo

S_Leonardo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Two reasons:
    1 - It's been implied that everyone active is this war is acting weird, so it's not weird that the king and the PM, are getting dumber,old ally got sick and had to leave the house to his son.
    2 - He wanted to stay neutral during the war.

3. S_Leonardo

S_Leonardo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are a bold one

kurohamukami likes this.
  4. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might drop this if Orihime isn't gone by the end of the celebration ceremony arc. There's shallow one dimensional characters and then there is Orihime.

5. dniv

dniv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So up until current chap does Leo seem evil?

kurohamukami likes this.
  6. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not that I can see. there are times I wonder if the later plot twist will be that leo's manipulating everyone, but I just don't see that from chapters from his POV. as for orihime, she just seems like a mischievous child with too much power acting willfully, hopefully we will see some growth, but this is jn right? so I am betting on "doubt". the author probably thinks it is funny or cute.

7. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing about what Leo is doing seems evil, but he is also a bit late to the succession wars. Whatever affected the other siblings may have not been applied to him yet. If anything Leo's made some dicey decisions that risked the lives of his followers for gains most nobles would consider not worth the risk. But not one of those decisions taken by themselves or all together hint at being evil. At worst they hint at he might not have the resolution to be a leader of an empire if he's unwilling to calculate the cost of failure of any one of his actions.

dniv likes this.
  8. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I agree there's almost no foreshadowing about Leo = evil apart from the other front runners supposedly acting weird.

Almost every character in this story is shallow with one, maybe two dimensions to their character.

Do you really think Orihime is going to act mature when she couldn't do so on official turtle hunting business?

9. dniv

dniv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, thanks. If story ends up good, I'll probably read sometime.

10. unclebebby

unclebebby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the saintess arc is the author's way of telling the fans that the author has no initial plans to make Leo evil. If it occurs then the story would have gone to hell in a super shitty way.

11. ReMark

ReMark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New cover! MC looks quite different here. Reminds of Solo Leveling MC. Probably the hoodie. He really looks more like a dark magician than an ancient magic user somehow. To the right, we have the adventurer Lynfia showing up for the first time I believe. She looks more boyish that I imagine yet still seem very feminine. To the left is the girl I didn’t recognize at first and had to cross check the character sheets which wasn’t easy cause she doesn’t have any physical description there for some reason. Luckily her younger sister has a description of blonde hair and purple eyes and in the latest chapter we have the golden hair Marshall who secretly returned to protect her Father. So for those who didn’t recognize her either, she’s actually the Aneue First Princess Lizelotte!

unclebebby likes this.
  12. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well remember he's disguising himself as the mysterious strategist who isn't a magician HONEST in this volume, so that looks about right. Considering Lynfia is a meleer, her looking boyish but still feminine also seems right. And if that is Lizelotte, I definitely like the look for her.

13. trickshot121

trickshot121 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She pretty much disappeared after the king's bday arc afaik

lunarshadow and dereonlad like this.
  14. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    For a change, this JP novel was surprisingly good. Not only I caught up with translations, but with raws as well. So, if anyone has questions, I might be able to answer.
    Though, at this rate, this novel might reach 800 chapters mark....

15. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a captive audience member.

If this shallow novel is good what do you think is bad?
    I'm genuinely curious.

Does Al ever experience character development or is he the same character?

What's the brave like?

Why are the frontrunners weird?

Does Leo become evil?

Is there anything between Alida and Al?

Does Orihime leave?

If she doesn't leave then my time as a reader is done.

lunarshadow likes this.
  16. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    First, from what I understand you are asking what I consider to be a bad JP novel if I found this novel decent enough? That is actually quite a fair question. I am not saying that this novel is good by itself. I am saying that it is good when compared to other JP novels, majority of which I found garbage. Basically, I hated the vast majority of JP web novels I have read. It would be much easier to list what I found good, than what I found worse than this novel.

As for other questions:
    Al is more or less the same. The only real difference that his work becomes more noticeable by everyone later in the series. As for his personality, we only learn a little more about some event in his past, but no major changes happen.
    Nothing especially important happens between Alida and Al. Basically, things stayed the same.
    Orihime kinda fades away after the current arc.
    Leo is still the same Leo.
    By frontrunners, you mean Gordon, Zandra etc. and brave - Alida's father?

dereonlad likes this.
  17. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's described that Gordon, Zandra and Eric changed and became 'weird' for some reason.

The brave is Elna's father? Head of the brave house of Amsburg?

It says a lot about this novel that I accidentally skipped chapters in mid 170s to 190s and didn't miss a beat. Al gets a new retainer with quirky dialogue okay, new female character that seems like a childhood friend type okay. Al can see something going down in the empire but doesn't speak out on it, sure, okay. This arc will almost certainly end with Silver subjugating a monster like most other arcs.

And I'm not even being that critical, it's just basic research this author failed to do, like reading up on this time period, how politics and feudalism actually works. Simple stuff like that adds depth to this story.

From what you've said the story, plot progression and characters are going to remain the same so I'll probably just read until life gets too busy and I have to prioritize other things.

18. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree mostly with what you said, however, there are a few points I disagree with you. First, this is a fantasy novel. Expecting that authors will do tons of research and try to depict stuff accurately is ridiculous by itself. These novels are not on that level. No one is forcing to read it ether. Just note, that the sheer fact that characters in this novel have some resemblance to personality and an ability to think, makes it so much better than 90% of average JP novels.

For the questions:
    Elna is quite literally the holy sword user and the child of the hero house, naturally that would make her father the current leader and brave. Though, there is not much to say about him. He appeared for maybe 3 chapters. Looks like typical trustworthy OPed knight, who cares about his country, family, and because of this is still a bit harsh to his daughter, because he wants her to be better.

As for the weird part, this will contain some real massive and long spoilers:
    First, there have been a few "weird" things in the royal family: Crown Prince and Emeperor's comcubine/wife (MCs little sister's Christa's mom) have died, Gordon and Zandra went crazy (for the lack of a better word).
    In the current rebellion arc, Zandra, her mom and Gordon rebel. Due to MC, the rebellion fails. Gordon escapes, Zandra is captured, and Lizzete (the general older sister, crown prince's sister) confronts Zandra's mom Zandra's mom denies harming the crown prince however admits that wife's death is related to her. Basically, Zandra's mom claimed that she was jealous and felt rivalry because Emperor loved that wife, while marriage with her was political, she thought that because of this emperor loved Christa more than Zandra, tried to curse other princesses like Christa, so Zandra would be the only survivor and they together would receive that love. However, that wife noticed it and instead directed the curse towards herself, to protect the children. That was the reason behind her death. Shortly after, Lizzete killed Zandra's mom.
    Next is basically MC has to use a very strong spell, which causes mana overheating thing and he sleeps for like a month. When he wakes up he learns that Zandra was sentenced to death through poison. MC acts as Silver, and sneaks in the prison, talks with Zandra who appears to be back to normal. MC reveals that he is Silver to her, share what could be called a sibling bond and Zandra dies while warning him about Chris (their brother) and a certain company.
    Remember MC's grandpa (magic teacher)? MC investigates some stuff and then learns that the company that Zandra mentioned was also the place where he got a book with a demon, who stole his body. There is also a name Dantanian, who belonged to the demon kings side, revealed.
    Then we move to North arc - basically a war against Gordon. MC and Leon participate in it and win. Leon kills Gordon who also seem to be back to normal just before his death. Meanwhile Gordon's mom tries to kill the emperor, but is killed by her other son.
    After these arcs, Emperor and MCs mom have chat, come to the theory that stuff is not that simple. It is also mentioned that royal blood has some sort of resistance to the manipulation, but concubines/wives do not, so the corruption might have happened through mothers to their children. It is also mentioned that the dead concubine should have noticed something special, that is why she died and also the fact that other children like Chris are not trustworthy. To put this long spoiler to the end, for now everything ends with Emperor, through the brave, ordering MC (who is currently in the north aka place where crown prince died) to investigate secretly.

19. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would emperor make MC take part in war when he knows martial skill isn't one of his strengths?

20. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Answers:
    Emperor didn't make him. It was more like MC volunteered himself. During rebellion arc, MC did a lot of things, many of which involved and were seen by many others. He pretty much created a strategy to stop rebellion by himself. Though, not all of the information about his movements were revealed. For example, he publicly saved Christa from Zandra and Gordon, saved his mother and mother of his youngest brother and did many other things. This proved that he has skills. When MC woke up after the arc, Leo was already in the North and unfavorable position, political situation was difficult and there were not that many royal family members left who could do anything (Zandra dead, Gordon started rebellion, Leo fighting him, Christa and his youngest brother are like 10 years old, while his remaining siblings dealing with other forces). In addition, lords who live in the north were in bad position (people disliked them) for years, because crown prince died there. So, in a way they were similar to MC being a dull prince and Al needed them to join in order to win, that is why it made sense.

kurohamukami, Lucresia and dereonlad like this.