Discussion Least favorite novel ending(s)?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by animefan217, Jul 4, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually drop novels before they come to the end. A lot of the time when the novel gets towards the end it starts to sacrifice what made it fun to read in order to try to finish up the story.

Like in an isekai that's all about the life that the mc is living in this other world, at the end it's all about "why did God send me here?" "Where did magic come from?" "Why is does magic look like a computer screen?"

If I just read several hundred chapters of the main character prancing around killing dragons and demons, why would I want to stop reading that in favour of some criptic justification for the setting in which the fun stuff happened?

I understand that it's probably hard to write the ending of a story without doing all that, but it doesn't make me want to read it nor stop me from dropping it when the story gets to that point.

2. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which ones

3. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Ending where certain people are easily forgiven or none of the entire plot matters anymore. For example mc tries to destroy an entire organization just to get to the hidden built up boss. What does he finally do? He/She forgives the boss because he/she was just misunderstood and had good intention. Like seriously you have killed people for less and no matter what the hidden boss intention was, killing millions of people has to have consequences worse than the guilt you are feeling.

Or you have abusive dad/mom who says sorry once and the next chapter mc has a great relationship with them (looking at you MHA). And the worst is when the female lead was a total bitch but the moment she regrets it, she is given a chance again by the male lead which mostly happens in jp novels.

4. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Both. I had read a bit of both before putting them on hold and forgetting about them. I was planning to get to finishing them, but you know... I had other novels to read. So yeah, please spoil them or me if you can. Just want to know.

5. animefan4004

Reading List:
    Link
    In "Seoul Station's Necromancer" you find out that
    the whole thing was a simulation/virtual reality. It's basically the Matrix(in the fact that "Reality" was just a computer simulation) but done in a half-assed way.

Life, Once Again:

Basically it's a reincarnation cycle story, Maru's original Wife is playing a "game" with the God of Death. In his 1st life, bus driver Maru died and the reaper of death appeared to his wife. She asks the reaper if Maru could live again. The reaper agrees to let Maru live again, in exchange, she becomes only an observer. So Maru goes through his first reincarnation, meets his wife again, and then dies again. His wife who was now an observer (let's call her OG wife), can only watch Maru relive his life again. Being an observer means that while Sky exists, interacts, and moves independently in Maru's reincarnation, OG wife who is the observer cannot control the body of Sky. Which means there are always two Han Han-euls in every reincarnation (the OG wife and Sky). They are the same person but are separated from each other. OG wife can only watch Maru's life again as if she was watching a movie.

Maru has actually reincarnated more than 19,000 times and the novel is actually about his 20,000 life. Long story short, Maru wins the game and reincarnates with his OG wife. This basically rendered over 800 chapters of the novel useless because it doesn't matter in the end. The whole original premise of Maru becoming an actor is thrown away.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    Cosmic_ likes this.
  6. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobangery:
    My gosh. Wow. That sucks. I don't have anything to say.

Note: Also, you should put everything in a spoiler box.

7. leo.d.

leo.d. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i have seen so few ending after reading hundreds of novels, i can't say

8. Aethalis

Aethalis 【High Templar】【Professional Lurker】【Atheist】

Reading List:
    Link
    Any idea when part 2 of Lord of Mysteries is coming? Just finished it, and I was really sort of bummed by the ending.

9. animefan4004

Reading List:
    Link
    Author is writing a different novel currently, after author finishes that novel he will start LOTM2. It should come out in either late 2021 or 2022 if everything goes to the author's plan.

10. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not even an ending, the author just killed my favorite chapter for no reason other than shock value (I guess).

But what he didn't consider was that if all of your characters are shit, except one, killing the ONLY fucking character that keeps your novel alive, IS NOT going to make your story better.

11. sonnen

sonnen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Coiling dragon

12. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    i do know that but in 2022 that is too far and corona and other stuff i would have forgotten it and had to purchase all 8 volumes and read again

13. Muspon

Muspon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow author died?????????

14. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is shocking for me but out of the dozens of stories I've read over the years I've only managed to complete WoC, The Novel's Extra and Stop Friendly Fire. Between life getting busy and the fact there's always a hit novel every couple months there's less incentive to work my way through a chapter backlog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.