Tabula Rasa - Words of Power (Roleplay Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Oct 3, 2020.

1. SatanicalAngel

SatanicalAngel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moon happily followed Etums order. She didn't feel like she would be much help in her current dizzy and tired state. When Etum went to go and find the targets Moon got up as best as she could and hid nearby in a tree hollow. It was just big enough for her to lay back in and although it wasn't very deep, the roots around her made for a comfy seat. She leaned back, and soon enough she found herself sleeping peacefully, waiting for Etum to come back.

Naraku likes this.
  2. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    There was one issue remaining. Where was Moon? True, he did tell her to rest in the meantime. But unfortunately, he could not notice her no matter where he looked. A sigh escaped his mouth as he had no choice but to call her-- albeit, not too loudly.

"Moon, that's done! Got three wargs."
    Although, should they continue orr go back to the city? Etum supposed it would depend on their state. If Moon is still tired, then, they should head back to Elysion and see how many days can they stay at the Guild for three wargs. And also, if they can get tools for instance.

3. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    Moon, still sleepy, luckily was able to hear Etum calling. A couple more minutes and she would be sleeping in the woods tonight. She tried her best to get up quickly, but ended up stumbling around instead, and face planted a few feet from Etum. Grumbling to herself she slowly pushed herself up and gave a weak smile.

"I..I'm alright.. Hehe.. Totally fine."

Pushing herself onto her feet, Moon grabbed onto a tree and leaned back against it.

"I see our little trick worked. That's good. Did you have much trouble?"

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing her falling, Etum could not help but smile but it also meant that they will have to go back to Elysion and get the due money for their hunt. After hearing her, he went straight to the point.

"Well, three at a time is easy to deal with. Anything above will be troublesome and downright difficult without your trap I presume. Anyway, we should go back to the Guild."

Also, at the same time, he found another reason to go back to the city right now.
    "I don't think I know how to skin an animal, neither do I know what kind of... body part we should bring to prove that we killed these wargs. Carrying more than three wargs sounds to be too much of a chore."

Haxagen likes this.
  5. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah, you're right. I'm surprised you can even carry three of those things... I didn't know you were crazily strong. Maybe next time, so we can kill more, we can bring a wagon or something with us. Or we can ask someone how to properly skin these guys so we don't have to carry everything."

Moon pushed herself off from the tree and luckily kept her footing. Falling once was bad enough. She shook out her wings from all the dirt and marched forward to the town, happy that all of this was over with.

"What will we do after we get our reward?"

6. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    He could admit being strong or... just say the truth and that he is using his word 'Gap' to create a certain gap between his body and the corpses. While that was tiring, at least, he was able to carry them. Otherwise, they may need to give up on one corpse.

"Well... that depends a lot I guess? First, we need to see how much we got. And also what are exactly our living expenses? How much food cost and that kinda stuff... and also, before travelling, I guess training will be necessary? Cause Elysion is relatively safe compared to the other cities it seems."
    How to train though. With what? Against what? More questions that they can actually reply to. But are much more troublesome, Etum would rather be ignorant instead of worrying about what they could do. Between having no answer and too many possible answers, the former felt more comfortable.

AliceShiki and SatanicalAngel like this.
  7. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    Moon nodded in agreement.

"When it comes to living expenses I guess that depends on us. We can use hunting as our food, or we can buy it. As for training we can also just fight as many wargs and other animals as needed. Then we can sell everything we get. Its like an endless cycle of positives. Then we can use the money for tools and maybe some better clothes for battle."

Once they reached town Moon tried her best to fold her wings tight and stick with Etum. She could all ready feel their stares, but this time they were mostly looking at Etum. Or rather, the wargs he was carrying. Moon felt relived since she wasn't very fond of being the center of attention. Although, this did present an opportunity for her to more carefully look around as they walked the streets. Moon was able to see all the little shops, although for some reason the shop keeper looked scared. Moon tried her best to smile, but that seemed to frighten the poor woman even more. Eventually some man showed up and shooed her away, so Moon ended up running back to Etum where there seemed to be some sort of barrier between them and the city.

Finally they reached the guild hall and Moon practically flew up the steps and ran inside. This place had become like a safe haven since the people inside seemed just as strange as they were. She had guessed that was because there people have actually been outside the city walls, and weren't so ignorant to the world. She marched up to the desk and waved at the blonde woman, whom she sadly forgot their name.

"We did it~! Three wargs for you! Now where's our reward?"
    @Haxagen

Haxagen, AliceShiki and Naraku like this.
  8. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Another day, another restless stroll. For some reason, I have grown very impatient since recovering part of my memories. Like there is something I want to do, but don't know what it is. And this inner craving drives me out, again and again. Maybe it is time to get into contact with civilization?

Just as I am wondering about this, I stumble upon a strange woman lying on the ground. She's not moving, but she doesn't look dead either. I approach her curiously while checking the area for danger.

"You alright over there?" I ask, prepared to help her in case she is injured or sick.

melomarl likes this.
  9. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah, hold on! I'll be with you in just a minute---"

There was a grand total of one receptionist manning the counter. Of which at least three separate lines were forming up; naturally, the one that was handling everything would be a little overworked. Still, it took a shorter while than expected before the blonde receptionist was examining their spoils.

"Not too much damage to the exterior, would make a few decent pelts...the interior is also largely intact, though I wonder why this last one was caked in dirt...anyway, after subtracting the dismantling fees, the reward comes to about this much."

She slid a stack of copper coins across the counter, followed by a smaller stack of silver ones.

"By the way, you should really pick up dismantling. The fee's almost 20% of the hunted prey, you know."

Naraku likes this.
  10. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah... I didn't know that, but thank you for the intel, and the reword."

Moon looked a little embarrassed at the fact that she hadn't had a clue how to properly hunt an animal much less skin it, and that she didn't even do any of the hunting... That was all thanks to Etum. However, she did see a place on the way here that looked like a butchers shop. If anyone knew how to cut up a wolf it'd be that person.

Moon turned her attention back to Etum.

"C'mon, I know where we should go next."

Despite still recovering from her crystalize power, Moon didn't want to waste anymore daylight. It was going to be dark soon, so she could just sleep in a couple of hours. Moon then grabbed the money they earned and pulled on Etum's hand, desperate to get going before she collapsed right then and there. She quickly turned and waved to the blonde haired girl, and with that she walked out of the guild hall, dragging Etum with her. Once they were out she let go of his hand and pointed down the road.

"I saw a butchers shop just around the corner. I don't know if he knows how to skin anything, but it's worth a shot. I do wonder though... Why was the blonde woman forced to handle all those people herself? Where's the other person? Well, not like it matters any. We're burning daylight!"

Moon glided down the steps and was happy that the streets weren't as busy this late into the day.

@Naraku

AliceShiki, Naraku and melomarl like this.
  11. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    [Kill....]

"S-shut up...."

Sky began on fighting and slaying as many monsters he can while trying to lure as many away from the village as he can.

He would cause so many disturbances and even sounds that could be heard all around, to call upon as many monsters away from the people there as he can.

Upon doing so, the more he had slained monsters and bathe in his blood, he slowly remember every single detail of the people he had slain in his past life.

The wolf he cut his head off, was the time he shot an Anti-tank weapon on a japanese person's head.

The metal boot he stomped on a goblin, he was reminded on how he grind the japanese soldier into a burning flame as he was slowly burning to death.

The more monsters he killed, the more he was reminded of how many Japanese soldier he had killed as he saw there were many monsters slowly approaching to his position. Attracted to the smell of the fresh blood he cause, the monsters began to charge straight at Sky in which the armor which was soaked in blood began to linger the onslaught he would cause.

[More Blood to soak....]

[Kill More.....]

[Never Stop....]

"I-i need to keep going...."

Sky never understood why the memories he have of killing things had enrage him so much to the point of turning into a fuel for him to continue fighting.

Why was he so mad at those people whom was the same race as him? Why is he so hellbend on murdering every single last one of them? Why was he crying whenever he kill?

'No... I need to save as many as he can.'

The chainsword he continue cutting the monster was still effective yet weren't as fast as his hand crushing a monster's head, Sky continue to stack up bodies everywhere that he didn't notice that monsters were slowly converging towards his location.

He just continue thinking to save as many as he can while crushing every single monster in his wake while slowly moving away from the location to avoid the monster's bodies piling to flank his position.

Sky only needed to divert as many as he can, that was he think while didn't noticing that the monsters who were once convented charging at the city, began to feel to move towards Sky's location.

He didn't expect the word 'Buff' he thought could only enchance the bodies would start to enhance the scent of attraction of monsters towards him as he continues to think of trying to divert as many as he can.

12. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "I hope he doesn't charge us for learning how to dismantle."
    Even before entering into the butcher's, Etum voiced his worries-- although, he wondered how much did they earn. Like, what was worth these copper and silver? What can you buy with one silver coin? No idea, they should maybe check the shops and see what they ask for. Nonetheless, it seemed that they needed to hurry since the night was coming.

"Oh well. In the worst case... we can work at the butchery to learn."
    If the butcher does accept assistant of course. In any case, once they arrived nearby the butchery, they were able to see someone closing the shop, locking the door, and everything that goes together. It seems to be a man in his early fifties. Isn't he too old to work? Greying hair, apparent wrinkles, eyebags, of rather average weight and shape. Immediately, Etum thought that it was going to be easy. The butcher definitively seemed overworked. Thus, it took this opportunity to strike up a conversation--

"Excuse me, do you teach how to dismantle animals?"
    Whether Etum was vague or not, considering his old age, he must know what this question meant. Then, regarding money... let's speak about that later too.

13. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    A voice stirred the being from her blank stupor. However, she couldn't react in time because of the numbness of her body from lying there for too long.

She had a vague feeling this wasn't supposed to be but she didn't know why.

It took a while for her to turn her head and acknowledge the other's presence. Upon seeing the man, a scent assaulted her nose. It was the kind of scent she was most familiar with but it had gone stale on the man. Like a phantom smell that he left behind after starting anew. But there was also the new scent on him, maybe it was there for a day or two already.

What was it?

[Death]

Yes, the stench of death. She didn't know why but amidst her Apathy, she had a fondness for Death. She didn't even feel disgusted knowing this man approaching her might have killed something in the past few days. She instinctively knew it wasn't a someone. Otherwise, she would have felt more... glad?

As she was thinking of this, a vision passed her eyes. The man before her was slashing a bear's head. The way he did it made her interested, easily accepting the vision as truth and not just a figment of imagination.

Her innate apathy won't make her question such things. What she sees, she would automatically decide as truth or false. Otherwise, she would just ignore it.

Regaining movement, she slowly sat up and answered the stranger. "Mmm. This Lord is alright."

The words rolled off her tongue naturally as though she'd been referring to herself like that ever since.

Quaesitor likes this.
  14. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    Delayed reaction, weird choice of words, but coordination seems fine. A bit strange, but does not seem to be caused by an injury or such. Maybe I'll find out more if I continue the conversation.

"That's good to hear - I was a bit worried, seeing you just lie on the floor. If I had to take a wild guess, you probably don't remember anything?"

15. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    Upon hearing that guess, her eyes sharpened at the man. Like a tiger held by the tail, she regarded him with suspicion. Her position took a defensive stance. Even though she was sitting, she was ready to spring up any time. It was visible that she faced dangers more often than not. Her mind couldn't remember but her muscle memory was intact.

"Who are you?" The earlier laziness was gone.

He was someone who knew she had no memories. If he showed hostility, she wouldn't hesitate to attack. She wasn't even thinking how. All she knew was the vague feeling of knowing what to do when that moment comes.

AliceShiki and Quaesitor like this.
  16. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    I take a step back while showing my empty hands as a sign that I don't intend to attack her.

"Ah, seems like my guess I was right. There have been a number of people that woke up around here without their memories - same with me, actually."

After a small pause for the dramatic effect I continue:

"But beware that you might hold more power than you are aware of. And, well, if you want me to leave you alone, I'll just leave. I tend to be around this forest in case you want to find me - I treat injuries and ailments for free."

AliceShiki and melomarl like this.
  17. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    "Free..." The being smirked while standing up. "There be no free things in this world."

It felt right to say that even though she didn't know where she was.

He was right about the power though. However, this power was something she felt that she was born with. And now that she was here, she felt empty. She could care less about her memories but her power should be given back to her!

"Tell me more about this power, mor--"

She was about to say 'mortal' but her instinct told her to stop.

AliceShiki and Quaesitor like this.
  18. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well, a thank you would be appreciated when I treat someone." I muse to myself before returning to the topic of our powers.

"It's rather simple, actually. Through certain circumstances of which I don't yet know the details, we gain certain concepts that are described by words. You might already know some. And if you concentrate and call that concept forth, like so..."

I close my eyes for a second, before applying concealment to myself - my body becoming blurry as I unconsciously adjust my body posture, slowly fading in the surroundings.

"You can apply them to yourself."

The concealment breaks as I resume speaking.

"It's also possible to apply them to others or areas through various means, like writing the word on a surface. With some practice, you might even be able to fuse certain concepts."

19. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    The old man looked up at them and simply glared. It seems he wasn't very friendly... Or talkative.. A few minutes passed by with nothing but awkward silence before Moon decided to try and break the ice.

"U-Uhh... We were just wondering... If you could maybe teach us how to properly prepare a fresh kill?... We hunt wargs, and it'd be really helpful if we could... Skin them.. Please?"

Moon started to panic under the old man's gaze. Why wouldn't he say anything?!

"We... Could also work for you... If you want.."

At this, the old man seemed to really consider it. After all, he did look tired. The old man nodded and pointed his thumb towards the back.

"I'll teach you, but you're gonna work for your lessons. There's a couple of uniforms back there, if they don't fit make 'em. If you learn well enough I'll maybe think about paying you. Now hurry up and get goin. Shop closes in an hour. This'll be lesson one."

Moon didn't know if she should feel happy or worried to be learning under someone who clearly knew what they were doing, but ended up being so strict. Would she survive learning from this person, or would he kick her out over one tiny mistake? Oh well, doesn't matter. She chose this place, and a strict teacher was better than no teacher. And the lessons were free... Sorta.

"Thank you sir, we're on it!"

Moon bowed to the man and ran to get dressed.

Naraku likes this.
  20. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    *Stabs*

Stabbing the sword into thr ground, Sky heavily pants as he felt the heaviness of his body that was weary and full of injuries. The armor he had long been protecting him had already been torn off and the sword which he used to slay monsters was broken and even the chain to shred monsters was already in tatters.

He was barely standing on his legs by the sword as he was still tired and weakly try to walk, only to collapse and kneel to the ground as his sword was used as a standing stick to hold on to.

Behind him lay thousand upon thousand of corpses of monsters he had taken out as a shocking scene of them being piled up like it was built with so much bodies. An extreme way to say it was basically meant one person had almost committed a genocide of a race or two. Yet, he didn't care as he began to crawl and tried to use Heal upon himself.

While his wounds had slowly began to heal, the tireness of his mind and especially hid sanity had begun to change the usual mindset he held.

[Kill More...]

[Wipe more monsters.....]

[All of them shall die... Wipe them out....]

"S-stop...."

Sky's mentality began to crumble as he wasn't used to this kind of scary mindset. He felt like his body was being controlled by someone to do something cruel yet he can't understand why this kind of thinking was inside him.

While these thought were something he couldn't understand, it felt like he was familiar to this as Sky's mind was slowly breaking down...

"H-help me...."