Recommendations Harem with no separation

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Jaythree03, Oct 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Jaythree03

Jaythree03 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys,

is there a harem novel with no/not long separation? I mean, the harem members are usually with the mc. Example: Arifureta.

I’ve just finished reading Peerless Martial God and I really hate the fact that the mc often leaves his harem without thinking that danger lurks around them. He has so many enemies but he thinks those ladies could always protect themselves. He always feels guilty but not doing anything for them. He could create clones but don’t even leave one for his wives. What a piece of trash.

Some said Long Live Summons but there are still so many untranslated chapters. I don’t like reading in mtl. Please recommend. Thanks

Edit:

another thing I also would like to emphasize, is there a harem novel were the MC loves everyone equally? I hate some novels I read like Peerless Martial God. It’s always mentioned that the one the mc loves the most was the first wife. It’s unfair with the other wives which is why one of the harem members almost left him or rather didn’t chose him at first. It’s because she felt that she deserved better treatment.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Sabruness likes this.
  2. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    Long Live Summons is actually one of the better ones. But, dude, really? you won't read a novel with over 600+ chapters translated because it has even more untranslated? Dang, you would have gone insane back when all this started then.

In LLS, they actually make it a point to always have a bare minimum of one girl with him at all times. Also, he
    has his own world later on and all the girls train there and live there with him. They pretty much never separate.
    It's just, IMO, it goes downhill because the author got lazy and thought a country of girls to call his own was better than the four he had an actual relationship with.

At the risk of you not reading it because there is more to be translated, 108 Maidens of Destiny is another one. He literally gets stronger when his sexy peanut gallery is there with him; and he has something called a "nest" that they go into and are always connected to him. It does have some small separation though.

High School DxD, of course. And many, MANY others.

The loner likes this.
  3. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah man authors 100% do that shit on purpose. The whole lover in peril bullshit it is just a pointless cliffhanger. I mean think about how the timing always lines up perfectly with the hero's return. It doesn't matter how long he's been gone, be it weeks, months, years, as soon as he's about to make it back some unknown danger will appear. Falling just at the exact moment the hero coincidentally arrives back home, so he can coincidentally save the day.

4. The loner

The loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I second this bro.. although I feels like the plot in 108 Maidens of Destiny is a bit forced here and there, characters aren't fleshed out that well, and other flaws I don't remember well, it's still quite better than most CN of it's genre..

I've only read LLS up till around 600 (because I want to binge it later) and this one is absolutely good as far as I've read.. it doesn't have any glaring flaws I've mentioned before and I truly recommend it with your requirements..

I don't know your preference well as you lock your reading list, but you might want to check Korean Novels with harem tags, especially those ones by Toika.. although the harem are solidified on the endings, the Mc usually keep them at his arm's reach and will be there in times of need.. imo, most KNs here are much better than Jns and Cns from various aspects..

I might be biased, but I hope it helps answer your problems.. :blobokhand:

5. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    There's usually more to it than that. Ignoring the "danger" issue, the fact is that so many Power Fantasy stories have the MC becoming ridiculously powerful to the point where nobody else has an opportunity, particularly for Cultivation Novels. And yet, most Harem authors want the girls that the audience have come to like to continue to be able to stand next to the MC. Which means that they need to get their own opportunities somewhere that the MC isn't dominating every one of them. In reality, what actually happens is "Harem, when working together, is 1/8th of the power of the ML and the individuals shouldn't have the strength to give him a blowjob without dying. ML buggers off to do something or is 'forcefully' separated from their harem while travelling in a 'perilous' area. 100 chapters and a new harem member or three at the same 'rank' as the MC was when he met them later, harem members slowly start to return to the MC having reached his level in power from below it, though obviously are still weaker than him individually".

Anyway, my recommendation for this thread is The True Endgame. It's a slice of life harem vrmmo story, where the MC, having retired from leading a douchey guild that was intended to target douches but ended up being filled with douches in such a way that said guild was forcefully collapsed, starts playing a VRMMO with his two longtime friends (who were the other two leaders of said guild). The two friends happily fulfill the typical stereotypes of Russian Strong Man & Campy Homosexual. Things happen, Russian Strong Man ends up leaving, and MC accidentally starts up a harem, or, rather, is accidentally the token male of what builds to become an all-female relationship group that he is surprised to start (and accidentally collects most of the girls for, which surprises him and nobody else).

6. Jaythree03

Jaythree03 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve read 108 Maidens of Destiny. I love it but the ending was open ended. I know there’s a sequel but not the main lead. It would be better if it’s the continuation of the story like pmg2.

7. Jaythree03

Jaythree03 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is hsdxd true harem? What I don’t like about japanese novels was the harem would only be confirmed at the end. Unlike chinese novels.

8. Starfighter

Starfighter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HS dxd is definitely a proper harem... That show is fanservice with plot sprinkled over...

9. The loner

The loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm.. you might have known about it, but hdxd also has its sequel and it's said to be the continuation of the previous series.. I also wondered about it, so I checked a few chapters at the end of Hdxd and at the end, Issei said something like : "I'm gonna marry you all!!".

it seems to end with lots of thing unfinished and the sequel translation is a bit disappointing, so I still put a hold on continuing it.. well, other than it's disappointing ending, it's quite satisfying in everything else imo..

10. Great

Great Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IMHO ;
    Legend of Ling Tian
    Dragon King’s Son-In-Law
    NEET Receives a Dating Sim Game Leveling System
    MMORPG: Rebirth of the Legendary Guardian
    Charging Magic With a Smile~ Infinite Magic Power After Being Reincarnated Into a Different World
    4 of the completed translated of Toy Car works.
    Sorry if the list is not long. Since I only search from the story that I already read until their ending. Because I tend to judge a story fully after reading them all. If I only read story and the last chapter/ending I haven't read, then my judgement is incomplete.
    But..... I think most harem story are still better then the ending of this harem story. They call it harem story with that kind of ending? WTH.....
    And for NEET RaDSGLS, eventhough it got a very nice Harem story, too bad its..... not really completed yet. Maybe much like IRAS case.

11. Jaythree03

Jaythree03 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the list. I’ve read dksl, Legend of Ling Tian. I’ll check the others. I could say that what really close to my expectation was very pure and ambiguous where all of them live in the same house and cold and elegant ceo wife. Otherworldly Evil Monarch was one as well. There’s one japanese novel actually, i forgot the title but his wives are always together with him. He’s body was so strong because he ate beasts in the mountain. Return to immortal world during the earlier parts were perfect. I just hate the author for ruining the harem part. After completing the harem, he almost never mention them and even ended the novel hanging. His wives were still in the immortal world while only one of his wives went with him in the god realm. Sigh.

I would love to read neet but it’s currently on hiatus. I don’t like the feeling of being left hanging.

dragon king’s son-in-law is good. It’s just that the ending seems rushed. The love story of the twins weren’t given a focus. They didn’t have their “moments”. And Duan Yao. The author didn’t revived her at the ending. He left us hanging.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  12. Jaythree03

Jaythree03 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually that’s the problem with most japanese novels. They only announced the true harem at the ending. Unlike in chinese novels, the harem were always in between. Only smartphone ni was the exception i think and the one I mentioned in my previous comment.

13. Great

Great Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Japanese Novel? Hmmm... there are some that I havent finish reading, but maybe they fit the not seperated harem?
    In a Different World with a Smartphone
    Return of the Former Hero
    How a Realist Hero Rebuilt The Kingdom

14. Jaythree03

Jaythree03 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In a Different World with a Smartphone was in my list. It’s just that the novel was still on going.i’ll just wait for it to be finished.

do you have other novels in mind? When I checked some threads, Long Live Summons was the most recommended. It’s just that the translation seems halted/delayed.

15. Great

Great Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you tried Return former Hero or Realist Hero or NEET Dating System?
    Do you not mind "hentai" story?
    I think most Chinese harem, the MC left their harem behind, while most Japanese Harem, the MC are traveling with the Harem.
    Maybe try some of these?
    Going Back and Forth Between Earth and The Other World with Space Time Magic
    I Became a Hero in a Pandemic
    I Work As A Healer In Another World’s Labyrinth City (WN)
    I’m the Evil Lord of an Intergalactic Empire! (Rec)
    Dungeon Builder: The Demon King's Labirinth is a Modern City
    Welcome to the Man-Eating Dungeon
    Dragon’s Bloodline

16. Jaythree03

Jaythree03 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah I could feel it too. Most chinese novels have really long separations. It’s just that I could feel that chinese MC’s are in the alpha side while japanese MC’s are in the beta side. I’ll check the list. I don’t mind hentai. But there should be substance. Content. Not just focused on s*x.

and by the way, it should be true harem. Not just true harem at the end of the novel.

FancySwordsman54 likes this.
  17. Great

Great Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh... I could kinda guess the difference, but beta MC are making it kinda hard to think it as true Harem?
    Oh yeah, almost forgot this one ;
    The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time

18. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I feel like Hdxd "ended" simply due to the author repeatedly stating that he was going to end Hdxd, but continue with a new series in the same world. The sequel was STATED that it would be based around the head FL's nephew and a type of competition that was introduced, and notable to the plot, but only mildly used in Hdxd... and then we get a sequel of Hdxd which pretty much continues where Hdxd left off. As such, I feel like either the author got cold feet, or was bullied by their editors to continue Hdxd under a new title.