Spoiler Am I the Daughter?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Description:

She was adopted by the devil-like count. Before dying, Hailynn lived her whole life being confined in a hut. When she opened her eyes she was 8 years old. She returned back in time right before she was to be adopted by the count.

Hailynn wanted to ask God... What was it that she had done wrong?!?!

She cursed God and threw herself out of the carriage that was en route to the count's estate. On that path, she met the Duke Kalisto, the representation of the sacred Vincent Kalisto.

But... "She is of noble blood."

She thought she was an orphan but in actuality, she is actually the first daughter, in a thousand years, of the ducal household of Kalisto.

"Am I really... the daughter?"

However, Vincent has never approved of any woman and lived his life in abstinence. He swore he did not commit any act that may produce a child, thus he denies that he's the father...

"...A monster?"

What is the secret behind Hailynn's birth and the abrupt movement from the empire and the holy country?!

This is the first-time father, Vincent, and first-time daughter, Hailynn's clumsy yet lovely story.

link: https://page.kakao.com/home/내가-딸이에요?/53446232

Imma drop this here as well...

EDIT : I'm not sure about this info but in the post announcement it also mentioned that the artist for this manhwa adaptation is the same artist as the one who made the Empress of Another World (either novel cover(?) or manhwa(?) )

EDIT 2: GUYS, IT'S COMING OUT ON NOVEMBER 1!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2021
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  3. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    So many upcoming manhwas this year...:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

4. Deleted member 265239

Deleted member 265239 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Another suddenly became a princess one day :cookie::cookie:

:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Kathrine Pierce likes this.
  5. Dnyastar

Dnyastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhwa is now available but I cant find free raws yet

6. Azure_1802

Azure_1802 Procastination Expert

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Aksakov229

Aksakov229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is she really duke Kalisto/Callisto's daughter? :blob_plusone::blob_plusone: please spoil us~

marivenchy and karls like this.
  8. Jem3710

Jem3710 nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  9. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    TRAILER!!

btw doesn't the art look similar to "empress from another world ?[something]"

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2020
    ValSkye, ariane09 and Aksakov229 like this.
  10. chax412

chax412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    here's what we know so far
    *The duke is kind of the "king" of the holy country and he swears he has never touched a woman (well ykwim) so when the priest (named JADE) assures him that she is part of the Callisto (dukedom) bloodline bc of her resemblance + affinity with holy power, he can't believe it.

* The count is really trashy. Everyone thinks he is nice whilst on the inside he is a psycho. He was once in love with the daughter of the Orpheus family if I recall well, a love that was not reciprocated - apparently this was a pretty famous story in the empire. He in the end married another woman who he had a daughter with, who persecuted MC too.

* The pink eyed boy that MC met in the streets of the capital is the 2nd Imperial Prince, Noah. He is really good at magic - everyone says he is a genius - though he doesn't have a good affinity with holy power (unlike the Kallistos and so- Hailley = MC). Therefore when he got poisoned, this was a big issue.

* The duke know of the count's true colors which is why, even though he's not sure MC is his daughter, he doesn't want to give her back. How cute. But since everyone likes the count, rumor has it that the duke has *kidnapped* MC from the count. He doesn't really care.

the duke knows** sorry for the typos :/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2021
  11. Bobaaaa

Bobaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The emperor is shitty

Tad1989, Naya352, Marie_0720 and 6 others like this.
  12. aliceyriz

aliceyriz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ml? Is it Noah?

Tad1989 likes this.
  13. lunafreya

lunafreya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    According to a book review, seems to be the case (just google the title and link for naver blogs) and the story is apparently slow (oof) but sweet and heartwarming.

My theory is that the reason the dad doesn't recall is possibly like Princess In the Dumpster's dad
    the mom either had an ability where people forget her if there's not enough people remebering "her kind" or something like that OR there's random ass black magic and stuff happens and everyone doesn't remember MC and her mum.
    Now I'm wondering if the count investigated her background and figured it out...since it was said that the count was in love with this lady and she rejected him so he went cuckoo so could MC be that daughter?:hmm:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  14. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want one spoiler: Will the girl suffer more?
    I know there's a drama tag, but it could point just at MC's first life and at what has happened with the mother. I don't like angst.

15. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It will be kinda disappointing if the plot follows Princess in the Dumpster setting, and I think usually people like the Duke with strong divine powers should be unaffected by magic. So knowing that MC doesn’t remember her life before 7 years at all and that she had a necklace from her mother before and now it’s gone, my
    is that mother’s family had time travel power and when it was used by mother before it somehow affected memories of other people and MC

16. Tellatez

Tellatez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The manhwa translation is caught with the raws now, 6 hours non stop releasing the chapters. :sweating_profusely:

17. Lilylam

Lilylam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We were truly blessed. I was waiting for the updates to stop but it kept on coming.

18. bellullaby

bellullaby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ML? Is it the 2nd Prince Noah?

19. gaa104

gaa104 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the novel completed yet? Is there any spoiler?

xpeanut likes this.
  20. emmyazzy

emmyazzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have MTL a review of the novel mentioning of the possibility of the Duke having memory loss. I quoted from the MTL review:
    ******It's not that important! It is a fact that Yeo-ju is the daughter of the Duke, but there are signs that it is a state of memory loss to know that the Duke is a virgin.

Because there are two sacred swords that are handed down only to these religious states, each of which deals with memory and time.

The sword the peacock (it should be the duke I suppose?) handles is the one that deals with time. It seems to be the fact that the duke was revived when he died in a previous life.

In the process, it seems that the memories have been lost. When I saw the comments, it was said that in exchange for saving Yeoju, all the memories of the woman I loved (Yeoju's mother) were exhausted.

Anyway, you said two swords? In the latest episode, Yeoju acquires a sword with memory ability among the holy swords.

To be honest, if that’s so, that’s kinda sweet and sad at the same time. He was willing to sacrifice everything for his daughter to turn back time and it also explains why in the manhwa, the sword doesn’t respond to him and why it was suddenly quiet. It probably used all the powers and that’s why it doesn’t respond anymore. But the duke doesn’t realise it himself.
    From all these, I think this novel/manhwa would be a great read. I really enjoyed how cute the manhwa is and the female lead’s personality as well. But like what other people had said, this would be a slow process. Even from the review I MTL at, the reviewer mentioned that she had only read until the FL was 10 years old and she was excited to read after she becomes a young adult.

CaelumBlue, -NEAR-, aineria and 71 others like this.