Recommendations Looking for mc with rational useful sect

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Ello, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Ello

Ello Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, i just read ancestor above and wondering if there's a novel with a similar a sect/family like Lu family.

Criteria
    - The sect is relevant to the story so no hopper mc
    - No "How dare you hurt my son" Elder and Ancestor, at least they won't middle a junior's quarrel even if they can be biased
    - They teach useful cultivation skills instead of the MC learn it from grandpa/stone/memory from pastlife
    - Not giving everything to mc/someone without proper reason.
    - For the MC, no insta-compression or similar too bs ability. Ex, MC from Immortal Path to Heaven can master any new skill in one chapter because he has "The integration of Heaven and man". It feels so cheap and worthless.
    - Powergap is real. I mean since (s)he is the mc, minor stage is not really relevant but no bs like Qi Gathering can fight against Golden Core.
    - Mc can be a disciple, elder, sect leader/founder.
    - And finally, no i-hope-if-everyone-can-be-a-big-family mc like Bai Xiaochun. It's too unrealistic.

One of the reference is My Senior Brother is Too Steady.

gheist1234 likes this.
  2. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could give Ascending, Do Not Disturb a try. The sect the MC belongs to is... different. To avoid spoilers, what the sect shows to everyone else isn't the true character of the sect.

3. Ello

Ello Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, i already read the novel. It has a lot of "schemers" for "carefree" sect.

4. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think early chapters of World of Cultivation may or may not fit requirements in the sect - it's been too long since I read it. I know the MC doesn't qualify as a level-skipper, but he does have a spirit advisor who he learns skills from. It's not that the sect didn't give him any skills though, he uses them I'm pretty sure? I don't remember too well. But I did like the novel.

I second Ascending, Do Not Disturb! It's a cute romance, with an FMC.
    Although the sect is one big family, maybe kinda unrealistic like you said, but they have a special disciple selecting ceremony so it should be all good

Umm, let's see...there are a few where the MC is the sect leader, but I think the only one that works is History's Number 1 Founder.
    The MC in it can skip a level to kill his enemies later on, but early on he relies totally on magic items 'cuz he's too weak. He's got a system, but on a scale of CN system usefulness - (0: useless to 10: ridiculous world-breaking cheat), it should be around 5, maybe lower (he gets items and spells from it, but he has to comprehend them and all). Later, when he establishes a sect, his resource distribution is pretty fair imo - he also protects his sect disciples, but since he's the MC he's on the side of justice. He's got useful techniques, which he shares with his sect, and his sect is too new to have biased elders.

LollipoPReapeR and Ello like this.
  5. skyfall3250

skyfall3250 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ello likes this.
  6. Ello

Ello Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't finished reading WoC so perhaps this is a good time to do it. For founder, well.. Put too many mc aside, they're not very alive. I mean for me, they seem like a same character but with different cheat and slightly different personality.
    Nah, it's kinda of realistic for birds of a feather flock together. The unrealistic one is like wanting a peace for every big battle

XD,
    a bald hulk that like to smash. Deep blue, upgrade my root until my hair is growing

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  7. Hatstraw

Hatstraw Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Immortal Devil Transformation, checks everything on your lists

Ello likes this.
  8. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21188/forge-of-destiny
    Of what I've read so far, everything the MC has learned came from the sect. The MC started the story as a street urchin picked up for showing promise, so no backing of any sort. Whether it was from reading skill books in the archives, directly taught by a sect elder or sect spirit, or tutored by an inner sect disciple, she had to pay for these opportunities through effort and being proactive within the sect. At the point in the story I've read to, she has some recognition in the current (new) generation of the outer sect as being very talented in her cultivation, but it's still only in high end of the above average category. There are still many disciples who out class her.

Ello likes this.
  9. Ello

Ello Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always read the summary but never actually reading it, thanks for remind me.
    Noted

10. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    My senior brother is too steady.

11. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    History Strongest Senior Brother and History Number One Founder i think

12. Saladinxc

Saladinxc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A Will Eternal.

Everything is just like you wanted.

13. LollipoPReapeR

LollipoPReapeR Frequent visitor of the Yellow Springs Resort

Reading List:
    Link
    > final point emphasises NOT Bai Xiaochun

> A Will Eternal!! Everything is just like you wanted.

Dude...

14. xMisfortune

xMisfortune Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Ello

Ello Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LollipoPReapeR likes this.