Spoiler On the Emperors Lap

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by theilikepie, Oct 17, 2019.

1. gayleen

gayleen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just read the new chapter (ch 44) and wow, Bella really can't let go of him despite being sold off and tortured like girl.... he got a goddamn what castle after selling you like...:blobcat_rawr: :blobcat_rawr: :blobcat_rawr: :blob_thor:
    Has anyone read the novel?? I don't wanna believe that she'll end up with ML, but i need someone to confirm this for me or else i'm gonna lose my mind LMAOO.

tbh, Eden is a better person for Bella, like he aint the type of dude to sell his crush to someone else because they couldnt handle their feelings, *cough* kiris.

I understand why some of yall dropped it and honestly i feel yall but i'm really curious as to what's gonna happen. I'm so DESPERATE for novel spoilers atm, so if anyone can find any new info, thanksss!!!

SueVal, Imsobored, Lovina and 2 others like this.
  2. Zikakuto

Zikakuto Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this originally a novel? What’s the ending? Or spoilers if anyone has it?

3. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, i hate the ML the most, he is a total asshole!
    Despite i am the type of person who believe that "a saint has a past" and "the sinner has a future"
    Maybe that is the reason why i can read redemption story
    But if i were to choose between Eden and Kiris, so far i will choose Eden, after read 44 chapter
    The reason is, i hate Kiris forced Bella to had sex with him as "Red" when she clearly despises him
    He is a total bastard that did not know how to treat woman with respect, damn it!
    I can't really judge Eden now, this is still the beginning of the story, we don't know yet if he ended up messing around and developing a nasty character after the story continue
    For me in the end is not the matter of who "was" the good person of the past, but who is, and who will be the good person for the future
    So if anyone have the spoiler, please spoil to us, this is still a good piece to enjoy

syofiaa likes this.
  4. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read novels like this because I enjoy the anger but this one just doesn't seem to make the grade. She's just not that relatable. She's a genius martial artist with magic ability so
    1. The duchess says she wants to buy her as a torture victim kill her on the spot
    2. Can't do 1? kill ML when he says he is going to sell her
    3. Can't do 2? escape runaway (set fire to his s#!t)
    4. Can't do 3? Kill the duchess after she tortures her
    5. Can't do 4? Just frigging well escape

Bella just seems like a placeholder in the hook and doesn't draw you in. Toss in the fact that it never felt like a great betrayal from the ML, and there never seemed to be any chemistry between them. It just wasn't there.

Matter of fact none of the plot has the ring of truth with the exception of the identity reveal. Her expectation he would save her, her still loving him WTF? her Mary Sue abilities, She lived as an uneducated peasant then a mercenary till 13 then a slave for 7 years. She's had literally no opportunity for education

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  5. gayleen

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's originally a novel!
    you can find the novel on kakaopage by searching up "폐하의 무릎 위"

6. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers?

pmbe.he and rock.doll like this.
  7. SilverSoul1

SilverSoul1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the ending of the novel, does she really end up with Kiris the asshole emperor? If so, when will she start forgiving and accepting him? But no matter how I read the manhwa, I just couldn't bring myself to forgive that Kiris that asshole.

Imsobored and syofiaa like this.
  8. Deleted member 265239

Deleted member 265239 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    That was kinda disappointing, tbh i dont like the emperor but well yeah.. he was the ML after all..

9. syofiaa

syofiaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what we expect? the tittle clearly says "emperor lap" and the cover has that sucker picture.......
    ( ̄へ ̄)

[edited]
    I just saw the latest raw chapter.... and I'm positive this guy Kiris is delusional. a lot.
    I mean the MC already uncomfortable from the start of the chapter, I guess from the 52ish MC already giving sign like disgusted by ML attitude, and why the ML acting out like the victims and make the MC the villainess in front of other ppl (who clearly not knowing their story)
    How he is delusional? well, when she came to the orphanage. Kiris already there and in a good term with the kid MC like to support. yadda yadda yadda.
    kiris won the kid over by showing his wood carving skills--the miniature of MC.

he said along the line "my skills can't do justice to ur beauty" and planning give it to her as a gift (but bcs he said his skills not good enough, he can't give it to her yet, I think).
    Losing her composure, MC said "WHO WANT IT AS A GIFT"

*OUT OF NOWHERE* Kiris says I miss u and I love u to MC (MC already showing sign of uncomfortable). And ask Kiris to stop talking. MC seeing kiris hand have many bruised bcs of carving the woods, said along the line "don't hurt urself deliberately" AND KIRIS DELUSIONAL thinking their relationship improve already.
    it's not the first time HE hurting himself to EARN MC attention IN THE NAME OF FORGIVENESS and even pulling an "I LOVE YOU" line
    the 1st time, kiris finally know that "Red" is Bella he starving himself for 3days and go all out to kill animals. (he throwing a tantrum, stupid)
    the 2nd time, when MC out to the town festival iirc, Kiris follows her secretly (disguised as a commoner ofc). then even kissing her w/o her consent. duh.
    When MC want to try another path that have many vines..... kiris already get rid all of the thorny vines barehanded (his hand all bloody)..... I just- *sigh*
    Ofc, MC disgustang with his action ew ew ew

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    SueVal, theilikepie and Pearl1995 like this.
  10. Pearl1995

Pearl1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agreed!
    When the writer portrays him like that, it just makes me think "hmmm.. Nice manipulating technique."

We gonna have another FL who will mistaken guilt (or pity) for love.

Having said that... I am still here reading every chapter :whistle::blobjoy:

Reack and syofiaa like this.
  11. gayleen

Reading List:
    Link
    Bruh, Kiris has a unhealthy obsession with Bella like ok who's the one that sold her off to an abusive princess. Like you expect her to like you right away for saying "i love you" especially because you sold her off for expressing her feelings for you...

IT'S RIDICULOUS AND MESSY AF.

I'm concern for Bella. She straight up hates the guy, but still likes him?? Like CHOOSE??? Plus in the recent chapter (ch 55) she expresses her hatred towards him, mumbling it and telling him to stop saying things that'll confuse her.

I really don't know what the future is going to be between the two because there's two people with different feelings. As of right now, I don't think any improvement will be made towards their relationship because Bella still shows hatred towards Kiris at a high level.

So, if anyone got spoilers of the ending or any future events, PLEASE share them like I am so desperate to know what their relationship is going to be.

12. Cuddles You

Cuddles You Eternal East Wind

Reading List:
    Link
  13. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At the end, she realizes that her feelings for the emperor is not the same as before and that she can't love him as she once had BUT BUT BUT BUT she still has feelings for him so she forgives him for everything and decides to try and be happy with him from now on. Happy ever after ....disappointing

this is from another site and also from a MTL of naver blog, so two sources saying this is how it ends.

14. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobconfused:

Imsobored likes this.
  15. Deleted member 265239

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Pearl1995

Pearl1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you guys read the latest raw? It seems like Eden is actively turning against the empire. I think he might be siding with another emperor who also wants Bella (the dude who ordered all purple-haired slaves to be killed, after finding out that he only feels attracted to Bella)
    I just saw korean comments stating "all the the love interests are crap" and "is Eden turning black?"
    I used to like Eden's charcater, but he turns out so whinny and obsessive after Bella tunred him down.

I can totally see Bella moving on from Kiris, if only he doesn't shove his so called "love" down her throat every moment.
    It is still sad to know that they will end up together, knowing that bella resists so hard and resents him for soo long.

17. Rose Nightingale

Rose Nightingale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with kawaii12345. I just can't connect to Bella at all to the point I don't even hate the Emperor. Yeah, he's a jerk and I don't like him, and I feel sorry for Bella, but no more than any nameless extras that goes through abuse. I can't muster up enough emotions to care beyond that. I don't dislike Bella, I'm just "meh" about her. When I look at her I just feel depressed. She's a Mary Sue for sure with no personality who can do EVERYTHING so easily. Look at how Johanna is now her #1 fangirl. Enough said. Eden is the best part of this manwha, and I hope he lets go of his feelings for Bella and finds someone else. He deserves better than her.

Imsobored, syofiaa and kawaii12345 like this.
  18. gayleen

Reading List:
    Link
    The newest chapter grossed me out. Kiris thinking of having a child with Bella, like are you insane?
    Like, you sold her to this princess who abused the shit out of her, so why???

mind you, this dude also gonna risk his nation for Bella:facepalm:

SHE DOESN'T EVEN LIKE YOU BRO(most of the time):blobastonished::blobcat_rawr::blobcat_rawr:

Imsobored, theilikepie and rock.doll like this.
  19. Deleted member 265239

Reading List:
    Link
    most FL's of korean novel had the same character, they got hurt then forgiving and forget all the bad things :sweating_profusely:

Fostofina, rock.doll and syofiaa like this.
  20. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    If this is the ending then she's sure an absolute idiot. These are the people who let go of gems like the 2ML and be with ML's who are not only trashy but also a total joke. Why do FL's always forgives trashy ML and not be with 2ML who are a whole bunch of goodness.
    The only one ML I was able to forgive was the one from 'I don't wanna be loved'. Atleast they have a better explanation for his actions. He didn't even got together with any other woman beside FL, the Leticia thing was only a misunderstanding and ML's trick to get info out of her. He really loved and did all he can to protect her. He's one of the ML's who didn't kill the FL as well.
    But this one! Oh god! He's downright, without a doubt a person unworthy of forgiveness. Living in his own delusional world.