Recommendations Complete KR Novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Silerus, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Silerus

Silerus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some good completed KR novels.
    I've read nothing. Not a single Korean novel.
    So I'm open to eveything as long as it's Korean, completed and good. It would also be great if it's a fantasy.

Where should I start to give myself a good impression of korean novels and what should I read after that?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: A list of Novels already recommended in this thread.

Just Read:
    I Alone Level-up
    Everyone Else is a Returnee
    Dungeon Defence (LN)
    The Second Coming of Gluttony
    I Reincarnated For Nothing
    The Book Eating Magician
    Stop, Friendly Fire!
    Dimensional Sovereign
    Seoul Station’s Necromancer
    Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society
    Valhalla Saga
    Dungeon Hunter
    Breakers
    Sovereign of Judgment

Reading / Soon to Read:
    The King of the Battlefield
    Reincarnator
    Master Hunter K
    The Novel’s Extra
    Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint

Waiting for the Books / Translation to finish:
    I am the Monarch
    The Tutorial Is Too Hard
    M E M O R I Z E

Novels for a Later Time (VR-MMORPG):
    Ark
    Overgeared
    Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

Probably won't read:
    Unbreakable
    The World Turned into a Game After I Woke up
    Lucia
    Invisible Dragon (please don't)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Astaroth and ariella.yap like this.
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
    Silerus likes this.
  4. Nneeil

Nneeil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone Else is a Returnee
    Second Coming of Gluttony (It's almost completed)
    The Book Eating Magician
    I Reincarnated For Nothing

Silerus likes this.
  5. etsuhun

etsuhun Mer-Mer-Mer-Merm4id!

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Novel-addict

Novel-addict Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. DomDomDom

DomDomDom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Silerus likes this.
  8. DomDomDom

DomDomDom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Sheynox

Sheynox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Silerus likes this.
  10. KHA2

KHA2 wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Silerus

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, just finished it, I think it was a good start.
    The novel wasn't amazing, but it was quite enjoyable to read.

Now onto the next recommendation.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  12. dvces

dvces Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Silerus

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently reading Everyone Else is a Returnee and it's great, I hope it stays that way till the end.
    I heard all the good things about Dungeon Defence, I hope it will live up to my expectations :D
    As for The Second Coming of Gluttony, I checked and yes, the main story will end soon, but there's still 60 chapters of side stories, and with the current release speed it will take around 2 months for it to finish, so I will get to it then, but from what I've seen, it seems really good.

So overall, thanks for a bunch of very good recommendations!

Edit1:
    Just finished Everyone Else is a Returnee and it was awesome. I plan to read all other Toika works in the future thanks to that. I enjoyed it greatly. Now I'm just waiting for someone to translate the remaining 25 side stories.

Edit2:
    Just finished Dungeon Defence (LN). Absolutely amazing novel, after reading it now, it feels like a must read. Because of that, the fact that the author stopped 3 years ago and this novel will probably forever be left unfinished, it just makes me feel kinda sad. It sure sucks that I won't be able to read any more of this.

Edit3:
    Just finished The Second Coming of Gluttony (without Side Stories, I want to read them all at once).
    I was a great novel. I especially loved the growth of his character and his interactions with his family. The way he was trying to become a better person and apologize to his family for all his wrongdoings was amazing.
    I definitely enjoyed this novel a lot. Thanks :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    Eternal Emperor likes this.
  14. Silerus

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, those were some great recommendations!

When it comes to Everyone else is a Returnee and The Second Coming of Gluttony, my opinion on both of them is above this reply.

Next, I read I Reincarnated for Nothing. It was a good book, but I didn't like it as much as Everyone else is a Returnee. The whole Hero and Demon King theme wasn't really to my liking and I struggled a bit while reading it. Overall I would've read it anyway, as I plan on reading all of Toika's works, but it definitely wasn't my favourite. Nonetheless I don't regret reading it.

After that, I read The Book Eating Magician.
    At first, I wasn't very enthusiastic as I tried reading it once before, years ago when the translation was just starting, and I read about 50 chapters back then and then forgot about it.
    But... I absolutely loved it this time. I got sucked into it pretty fast and loved every moment of it. It really was a fantastic novel, one that I will definitely remember well. It was just great :D

Now, onto reading the next recommendations!

Also, if there are any more recommendations, I will accept them gladly.
    I'm going through the current ones like a storm and in around 2 months, I'm pretty sure I will run out, so the more, the better.

As long as they are good and completed or near completion! :)

15. Hx776f62626c65

Hx776f62626c65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lucia

One of my favorites. :) It's SMUT romance novel.

16. AnonymousSparkle

AnonymousSparkle New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Novel's Extra
    Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint
    Invisible Dragon
    I am the Monarch is also pretty cool but there's like ~24 untranslated chapters left and I don't know when they'll be translated but hopefully soon

(I can't link any of them because I don't use forums often)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  17. Silerus

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, there's a lot of them so it will probably take me quite a while to get through them all :)

I've already read Everyone Else is a Returnee, I Alone Level Up, I Reincarnated For Nothing, The Book Eating Magician and The Second Coming of Gluttony. They were all great and my opinions on them are in the replies above.

Just now, I finished reading Stop, Friendly Fire! and I definitely loved it. The ever-changing way in which the mc what dealing with every situation was awesome. The whole idea of the Joker with fooling, instigating etc was so refreashing and I'm really glad I read it. Definitely one of my favourites when it comes to KR novels.

So I finished Dimensional Sovereign. Honestly, this novel was disappointing. A lot of KR novels are wish fulfillment, but this one is over 9000 is this regard. Author doesn't pay any attention to details, power scale and power growth are all over the place, all enemies are ugly bad man that need to be killed, all the female enemies have a tragic story and end up being rescued by the MC and there is a lot more stuff like that. This novel, or rather the premise behind it, had a lot of potential.
    Unfortunately, it ended up being below average.

Seoul Station’s Necromancer finished. At this point, I don't think I can honestly say if it's good or bad. I read too many of this type of novels in a row and everything feels the same. Especially this one, which reminded me of I Alone Level-up for most of the story.
    I like quite a few things about this story, but I also hated a lot about this novel. Overall, I guess it was ok, the last part was quite surprising, in a good way.
    Nothing spectacular, but I don't regret reading it.
    Also, Necromancers aren't really my thing. I hope it was the last Necromancer MC.

Done with Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society.
    I can't really be objective with Toika's works. At this point I'm a fan and I basically liked all his novels.
    I don't think they are perfect, but within the range of Korean Wish-Fulfillment novels, they were all fantastic. All of them had a bit (a lot) too much harem, but still. Great overall.

Another one completed - Valhalla Saga. Honestly, I liked it a lot, but.. I feel like this novel has just so much wasted potential. The premise was great, but I'm sure it could've been done better. Nevertheless, still a good read.

Dungeon Hunter behind me. Definitely enjoyed it a lot. After reading all those novels about heroes, it felt like a breath of fresh air to finally have an Evil MC. The closest one fromthe recommended novel to evil was the MC of Seoul Station’s Necromancer, but he was more of a bully / a**hole than evil. Wish it was longer, I enjoyed little things in this one, like the management of the dungeon and breeding of various species which reminded me of Reverend Insanity's Aperture Management in a very good way. Overall - It was great!

Breakers done. It was an average manga-like shounen harem wish-fulfillment. Basically a slightly worse version of Valhalla Saga, but without the main element that made it good - mythology. There was a lot of unexplained things in this one, power system didn't really make sense, things introduced just to be forgotten in 2 chapters (like stats). I liked the politics, but they were shown only in the last side stories. Overall - Very average.

Finally done!!!
    Dear god, to many novels. I almost feel physically sick every time I read the words "demon king". Thank you very much mate, the novels you recommended gave me a lot of entertainment for a long time. Not all very great, but barely any were terrible. Counting with the novels that were recommended above your post, but were also on your list, it took me 3 months to get through them all - almost 4000 chapters (with the average length ~1.5x longer than what I'm used to in CN novels). What a journey it was!
    Thanks again for all of it! :D

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  18. ariella.yap

ariella.yap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg thanks for this amazing list. I shall go read your recommendations!!

I have read I-Alone Level up and Omniscient Reader's viewpoint! Which are so good!!

Silerus likes this.
  19. Silerus

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the recommendations mate!

I've already read Everyone Else is a Returnee and my thoughts on it are somewhere on top of this thread.
    Tl;dr - I loved it, definitely my favourite Toika novel :D

When it comes to the The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, Ark and Overgeared, I've decided to leave them for later. I'm sure I will love all of them, but they're just to long for me to read right now. Even the shortest, Ark, has a length similar to ~800 average CN novel chapters.
    But thanks for them anyway, I will definitely check them out in the future!

I've finished Sovereign of Judgment yesterday. It's absolutely the best KR novel I've read and also one of my all-time favourites overall.
    It was dark. The trauma, severe mental illness, PTSD, extreme self destructive behavior. Reading it kinda f**ked me up, not gonna lie. But it was a great novel. The first one that I've read that was truly entirely focused on revenge.
    It was my first time reading it, and probably the last, as it's just overflowing with negative emotions from start to finish, and it's really not good for me. Definitely the biggest impact I felt from an Anti-Hero MC type novels.

Overall - I couldn't praise it more, it was perfect. Sad as hell, but perfect.
    Thanks a lot for recommending it!

Sheynox likes this.
  20. Sheynox

Sheynox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read it a bunch of times, because it is really satisfying lel. Considering what has happened in the novel, the behavior makes sense to me. It's dark indeed, but well written and I keep wanting to read it!

What's good is that the author didn't hesitate, he also clearly intended to end it that way, at least that's how I perceived it.

Glad you liked the novel, it's my favorite KR too :D

Here's my list if you want more KR novels (https://www.novelupdates.com/viewlist/18639/). :)

Silerus likes this.