Discussion Why do guys...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 262282, Oct 25, 2020.

?

Do you tease the one you like

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. It's a secret!

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. don't have one

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  5. I'm just adding extra options you know

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  6. meh

6 vote(s)
    12.0%
  7. Heh

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. *smirks*

9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do guys like to tease the girl they like?

edit: i made this observation from mangas

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2020
  2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't particularly have anyone I'm interested in, but I do just default to "teasing" pretty much everyone who I see as an easy target. If I find while conversing with a person that they tend to trip over their words a bit, I might make a few jabs here and there. If someone has some weird ideas in their head that they felt to share, I might point out the flaws in them and laugh about it. If I recall correctly back to when I was young and actually had someone in mind, I can't remember ever teasing them. This was probably because they were smarter than me and weren't an easy target in that regard.

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that I do that, I wonder if I did that :hmm:

4. Night Phoenix

Night Phoenix The *Eccentric* Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Only when I'm bored.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  5. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys being boys or men... young or older essentially?

Cause the answer differs in my opinion.

6. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    nah..women too..it happen to me when i was 11..

7. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People generally play pranks, tease, annoy...etc each other cuz they want a reaction. Boredom, entertainment, and curiosity being the main reasons behind those actions.

When girls & boys tease the person they like, the purpose is generally the simple wish of interacting with that person in a way they try to get what they want. Whenever you talk to a person in a normal setting you just accomplish normal things like befriending each other or discussing menial thingies. The actions of teasing, however, lead to different scenarios. It is basically what should be a prelude to what once they mature into adults would become *flirting*.

In a nutshell, I don't know wtf I'm talking about. I probably should go to sleep lul

8. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me answer you with a question. Why would a guy be solemn or humorless to a girl he likes?
    It is always best to have a lively, interesting and enjoyable interaction with your partner. It’s better than a dead fish. There is a line of teasing and bullying. But on average I like showing my love by playing around. I know many people find it annoying, but it’s those moments of frustration that make you girls so cute. I’d take the beatings and irritating looks. Just to see that change in expression. It’s well worth it

9. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn't just guys that do it, but to answer the question it happens because they want attention from that person and teasing is they way they choose to get it. Sometimes it is because that is the only way that they know to get attention, but it may also be because they are shy and want to hide it.

Now that is only in regards to kids. If it is an adult that is a different matter. If they are in a relationship it could be a way of keeping things fresh or it could be a sign of an abusive relationship depending on what kind of teasing it is. If they aren't they are either immature or jerks neither of which is a good thing.

10. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s not just a guy thing. My mom liked to tease people. My ex-step mom likes to tease people. I like to tease people I’m close to. Unfortunately with me, for some reason my teasing tends not to come across as teasing, even though I try to make it clear as possible that that’s what I’m doing. Because of that, I’ve gotten into the habit of immediately saying, “I’m teasing you,” just to make it clear.

For our family, teasing shows closeness and affection. The other person isn’t necessarily a romantic interest, we also tease family and friends.

Edit: I don’t think dad teases people...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    lilly2805 likes this.
  11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I once scared off a male friend because I said that I have gay sexual thoughts about him.

Yup, totally happened.

12. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they're low key sadists at heart.

13. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure that only applies to elementary kids. (Or really immature teens)

I believe it is a coping mechanism due to them not knowing how to deal with their excess emotions.

rhianirory likes this.
  14. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree. A little playfulness in a relationship is good for a couple

Ral and Fulminata like this.
  15. JinVodka

JinVodka 「Back to Work Back to Suffering _(-ω-`_)⌒)_」

Reading List:
    Link
    The only time I tease my friend highschool like throwing worm and stealing shoes in front of my friend. I don't know why but I found teasing fun and made me see my friend adorable when flustered.

Though I'm also amazed to a person when I try to tease them and they able reverse uno it to me lol.

Ergo, I found people who can deflect teasing as cool while those will get flustered as adorable.

16. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was pretty normal for male friends growing up to constantly play games of gay chicken and stuff like that. At the very least everyone around me seemed to be incredibly comfortable in their heterosexuality, and would occasionally pretend to be gay with their friends. They were all just joking around of course.

17. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably because I look like a pedophile sex predator. Which is hilarious considering I like older women.

Cutter Masterson and UnGrave like this.
  18. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Did your friend happen to be a young boy?

0000000 likes this.
  19. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    That sound creepy... no. Same age but he does have a younger look than muah.

UnGrave likes this.
  20. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I think gentle teasing is just a level of comfort and humor that you show with anyone that you're close with, whether it be friends, someone you like, or family members (probably not ones in the generations higher than you).

If anything, I think teasing is less harmful than not teasing. It's hard to word my thought process, but I'll try. If I make some small blunder, then someone teasing me about it shows that it doesn't really matter and we can have fun laughing about it. If I make some blunder and someone just pretends it didn't happen or consoles me then it would kill the atmosphere and make things awkward. I would probably then overthink and think that the blunder made them think I was weird or stupid or gave them some other bad impression of me.

Ral and Cutter Masterson like this.