Tabula Rasa - Words of Power (Roleplay Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Quaesitor, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "No need to get stressed over it. I cannot even reply to it as... well, I can't remember the reason I prefer it quiet."
    Etum smiled and let out a sigh. At the very least, he could tell that he preferred everything to be quiet. Following that, he thought there could be a few reasons for him to prefer quietness over loudness.
    "Mmmmm. Though, I suppose it's easier to be at ease and concentrate when it's quiet? In any case, even if it's loud, it's not that bothersome. I can just ignore the ruckus as long as it does not last too long."

In the meantime, Etum stretched his limbs before sitting against a corner in the room, getting ready to sleep. Before that, he thought about Moon's words and decided that she was right, it would be better to know each other before properly traveling.
    "Mmmmm. I have an idea. Let's question each other turn by turn until one of us falls asleep."
    For sure, they will not be able to sleep easily. So, they could use this time to learn about each other.

"Would you rather explore or settle somewhere you are comfortable?"

Quaesitor likes this.
  2. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    "N-not really... I'm just kinda glad that i'm alive..."

Sky wasn't mindful of his data being known by others unless they pause harm to him, especially the man in front of him did save his life. Sky's thinking felt a bit more small compared to others as he recalled the memories he have.

He felt like he had live a life as a farmer or something but he didn't know why was he so skilled at combat. Especially having to face off hordes of monsters and slaughtering them by himself, even coming out of that fierce bout barely alive was already quite a miracle.

He began to adjust his body and notice that his armor and stuff he had forged with master was already in tatters but he felt more glad than regret for it already did its best to save his life.

Having to recieve some barries and water he had forage, he felt kinda bad that he was treated nicely without any payment as he checked his pockets and found out that while his tools were still back at the village, he decided to pay him with gold coins for now and repay the rest by making him some equipment since he did learn how to smith from his master.

"T-thank you fellow wanderer. I know that this isn't much but my stuff is kinda back at the place i left before collapsing here so i'll be back to carry my stuff and try to make you some tools. I might not be good as my master when smithing but i do have something special he can't do. Something like this. [Golem]"

Sky decided to show his concept to the man in front of him as he held a broken circular metal in his hands and began to use Golem on it. At first it slowly turns and spins in one direction before turning it into a fast circular saw that he used it on a rock and slicing it in half. Sky's proficiency with smithing might seem average but he makes up for it by being more versatile than others and creating new things one after another.

"By the Way, I'm Sky. Just a former farmer if my memory serves me correctly...."

Quaesitor likes this.
  3. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "It's good to hear you already recovered this much."

I heave a sigh in relief observing his concept with keen interest.

"Well, that's quite interesting. I'd be quite grateful for any tools and material you can give me - money isn't all that valuable to someone living in the forest though. But I don't need any tools for cutting - I have my own methods for that."

Taking another second to think, I add: "Also I don't save people for the reward, I save people because I am a doctor. No need for big rewards, as a life's value can't be measured. Just give me whatever you think feels suitable."

Finally, I smile at Sky. "Nice to meet you Sky, I'm a doctor. Just call me Till."

4. SatanicalAngel

SatanicalAngel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moon perked up, and smiled.

"That's a great idea!"

She was glad that Etum liked the idea enough to make some sort of game out of it. She just hoped she wasn't the first to fall asleep. Moon tilted her head and leaned back on her wings.

"Honestly... I think I'd rather do both. I'd love to explore, but it's nice to know you have somewhere to go back to. Or maybe someone to go back to after you're done... Like a home. My turn, would you save a stranger, or save yourself?"

Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  5. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Sounds reasonable enough, I guess I can see that... Mmmm. That would be perfect to have a movable home."
    Now, that was a goal worth chasing. Following that, a response left his mouth.
    "That's obvious. I would save my skin. Thousands of strangers die every day, however, I can only die once."

That is probably not how it works. Nonetheless, Etum was quite convinced that he would never help a stranger. In any case--
    "I would only consider it if I can cheat death I suppose?"
    Which is not quite possible, isn't it?

At some point, Etum lied down and looked at the ceiling as another question rang out.
    "Would you rather flee or surrender?"

Quaesitor and SatanicalAngel like this.
  6. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    Moon thought Etum's response was reasonable, but if that was true why did he stop to help her the first time they met? Or was that Nocturne's choice originally?

"If what you say is true... Why did you help me? If memory serves, we were perfect strangers. Unless Nocturne was the one who convinced you."
    Moon decided to lay on her stomach and stretched her wings out so they were more comfortable. She rested her head in her palms, thinking about what other question she should ask.

"And... Have you had anything jog your memory since we've been here? You don't have to say what memory, if it did happen. Ah, I guess I should answer your question. I wouldn't flee or surrender. I'd fight and if I couldn't win then I would flee."

Quaesitor and Naraku like this.
  7. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Huh. I think it was mostly an accident? I saw a drunkard, I felt like bashing him, I bashed him-- and brought you along since you were there?"
    In other words, he was going with the flow. He acted according to his desires. Phrased this way, it may sound odd though. In any case, when speaking of memories-- Etum had nothing, except the habits he could express.

"Nothing at all. All I know are my likes, dislikes and habits-- some slips of tongue allowed me to think that I longed for retirement for instance. There's also that I prefer quietness over loudness. And many other things. So, bit by bit, I can discover who I am I guess?"
    There were other things such as how he was confident in his avoiding skills.

"Anyway... how high do you think you can fly?"
    Let's go back to more casual questions for a bit.

SatanicalAngel and Quaesitor like this.
  8. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    "How high can I fly?"

Moon had never considered there was a limit in the first place. Then again, she was still getting used to it. Flying low was easy because there were no rouge currents to deal with, but she didn't know how bad it would get the further she went up.

"I never actually tested... When I first woke up I hadn't remembered how to fly, so I had to practice for several hours to get a proper lift off and landing. I'm still pretty sloppy with my landings though... All I know is that I currently can only fly about 15 feet in the air before the wind currents get too difficult for me to deal with. With more practice I can probably fly much much higher."

Moon thought that was a good explanation. And decided not to mention the time she almost fell to her death.
    "Have you ever thought about trying to fly? True, you have no wings, but we do have powers."

Naraku, Quaesitor and AliceShiki like this.
  9. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah, no. It isn't what my concept can only do. Maybe it kinda limits with my imagination but i can make something as in a mode of transportation, or making something like a.... Armor thing...."

Sky began to explain things in something his mind as he then remember that his shoes were still functional and decided to turn them on. He raises his one foot and the retractable wheels suddenly popped up as he did to his other leg and began to roll without moving his legs. Using the golem, he began to move around the cave slowly to show off the concept he had.

"D-doctor....?" Then, Sky found this occupation something he rarely knows since in his memories, he never really encounter people who saves people. There were people called healers who use herbal medicine or people he met who tortures people by opening their bodies but never encounter people called doctor in his memory. But he decided to shake that thought off since he needed to go back to the village and check up on them.

"I appreciate on your help Till. I'll try to make something suit for you since you did save me after all."

Sky decided to head outside as he opens a portal and decided to wave Till goodbye temporarily so that he can go back to the village and retrieve his stuff back.

Quaesitor likes this.
  10. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "So the concept essentially is automated movement. Curious," I note as I watch Sky skate around on his boots but refrain from mentioning factories and automated production. Don't want to usher in an industrial revolution on accident.

"I'm looking forward to it. Try to stay healthy, alright?"

I say as I wave him goodbye before planting myself on the ground. God, today was exhausting...

11. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason, Etum did not think he would be unable to fly. He had a certain picture in his head, one he could not fathom or possibly hope to understand. One thing rang out in his mind, someone wouldn't need to have wings to fly. That was all.
    "Mmmmm. Somehow, it rang a bell? Maybe I wished to fly? Or I already flew? I don't exactly know."
    That was unexpected for certain. Etum yawned before asking another question.

"Would you rather learn or... practice something?"

Quaesitor likes this.
  12. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    After leaving Till and heading back to the village where he had previously left, Sky was surprise that the village was fine and his worries faded as he saw the villagers anxious looks after he had left to act as a bait.

Then, he saw there was a man whom he had previously saved, look towards Sky with a joyful look after he was fine.

"Kid! I never expected you to live!"

"I was barely made it out alive Sir..."

Sky still shown polite behavior to those who are older than him as the man laughs and pats his shoulder.

"I should be thankful for you young man to have save us back there. If it weren't for you, this village might not had been saved at all."

The man bows to him Sincerely as there was a young girl who is behind the man, Sky saw this as he felt like he was happy that he did something nice.

He always felt happy whenever he do good things and always appreciate everything positive and try his best to not feel negative about all the sights he saw. Like there were corpses of other villagers that didn't made it from the monster wave as he join in with the villagers in their grief.

He would comfort a young woman who had lost her husband, an old grandma with her son, drinking with a man who had lost his wife and even praise a young boy who protected his sister even if they lost their parents.

While there are also that scorn Sky for being late or not killing any monsters and left them to run, there are others who had defended Sky for trying to focus saving people than hunting or killing monsters.

Sky didn't mind being scorned at he knew that Humans are always selfish. He always put himself in danger as he always think of the lives he had saved rather than any personal gain or greed he had gotten.

Yet, while Sky was worried about Elysion, he wanted to thank the person whom had saved him.

'I wanted to give Till something nice but i don't even know what.'

He just remembered Till saying that he was a doctor but Sky knew next to nothing about them.

'He said that he is a Doctor and that he saved me so i feel like its kinda like a healer or a shaman....'

He decided to think up something as he decline the celebration the villagers had as he went back to his carriage and rummage his tools.

While the carriage was small, Sky made some modifications to it to work as a makeshift mobile carriage to work on building stuff.

He spend time working on the carriage so that he can craft tools while on the go as even though the weight on the carriage was heavy, he had made use on his 'Golems' to work around it as he hop on the carriage and slowly began transforming into a workshop.

'The tools he have kinda look like those that people in uniforms wore when they operate on someone so i think he would use those to heal?'

Sky began digging up his memories and saw people who opens another person's body and thought Till was similar to them. So he began trying to make something similar to those.

'No, i feel like he might not need those....'

As he began thinking up ideas, he suddenly felt a rustling in the woods as he saw a slimy green thing wobbling around and he began to gaze upon it.

The Slime slowly wobble back and forth as it moves and sky slowly began observing it and slowly thinking an idea.

'M-maybe...'

He started working on melting metal and through countless trials and errors, he had done something groundbreaking using metal and his 'Golem'.

Pulling a handle with no blade, Sky casted Golem on it and...

"T-this might be it...."

The liquid metal slowly formed around the handle as it began to form into sets of different blades and tools that no one could ever done.

First, it turned into a sharp knife, then it began transforming into a spoon and finally....

"I think this is what Till had been using and was in his hands...."

A long thin blade which Till had used to operate on Sky as he began to test it out by cutting on the meat. At first it was hard to cut into it but Sky began trying to order the Golem to make it thinner as it easily cuts the meat like butter in the next moment.

Also doing many test on it, Sky was kinda proud on making something that he decided to gift this to Till as a way of thanking him.

"I don't even know if he would like it...."

While Sky felt worried if Till might not accept it, he decided to at least try as he orders the Golem to hide inside the handle and Open a portal to where Till's place was.

Quaesitor likes this.
  13. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    After a short rest, I take a quick stroll to fill up on food again. But having just treated yet another heavily injured person, I am once again reminded of the risk that rests in this world. And as I'm not going to create guns, that doesn't leave a lot of instinctive choices. Maybe something that can be supported by my cut concept...

That reminds me of this exotic weapon. I think Chakram was its name - a throwing weapon based on cutting. Exactly what I was looking for. By the time I arrive back at my cave, the idea has taken root in my head, and I immediately begin to create a few makeshift chakrams by cutting them out of the rock walls in my cave.

Just as I am applying the finishing touches on my third Chakram, I notice something strange in my cave. Has Sky returned?

14. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    Sky just arrive at the entrance of the cave as he pulled the carriage out of the portal. Since he was planning on returning to Elysion to restock his materials, he thought it would be best if he can learn new things that might cover his Concepts.

Maybe trying on making potions and he can combine them with Purify, or learn how to cook since he might travel a lot, or maybe even head into a library to learn new stuff.

Sky felt like his only knowledge from his world was mostly about farming that he could try to improve the carriage by adding new stuff.....

After he had pulled the carriage off, he then walks to the cave and began to show the gift he made for Till.

"I don't know what to call this but i think its called a Changing Tool. It might be rough but it kinda does its job."

Quaesitor likes this.
  15. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    "So it's essentially a do-it-all tool? That's very helpful. Thanks, Sky."

I smile at him as I gratefully receive the tool. Maybe I can even make a proper furnace with it. But still, it's best if I remain cautious about this tool. Maybe I'll check its data once Sky is gone just to be safe.

16. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    "Your Welcome! You did save my life afterall!" Sky smiles before leaving since he needed to head back to the city to restock as he exits the cave.

He turns to the Tool for the last time before looking at his hands and began to contemplate on so many things.

'Does... The Golem have any more uses than what i percieve or is it to the limits of my head?'

He never knew much of his potential skills due to only having the knowledge to grow crops and raising animals. He would think more of his concepts more as he left and slowly heads back to the city.

While walking back, he decided to try out a theory of his concept as this might be a dangerous idea.

Teleport and Golem. He wanted to test out these two concepts which he had and saw that this might help him.... Which the next moment made him shocked beyond his very core.

"[Resurrect]......W-what....?!"

Then Sky felt like everything was heavy as it took a heavy toll on him that he didn't knew how much dangerous it was.

Bending the very fabric of Life, he had manage to do something which by the concept of two of his out of curiousity.

From afar, there was a corpse of an animal laying on the ground, which an unexpected event had happened. Light began to pour unto the rabbit as all its wounds and injuries began to slowly regrow and formed back anew as its lifeless eyes started to burn with life all of a sudden.

Luckily for Sky, there was actually no one around to saw that event or Sky might had been turned into a deity to have performed somekind of miracle right in front of him.

The carriage which Sky was behind from, picked up his body on the ground before slowly heading to the village....

SatanicalAngel likes this.
  17. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    "I don't really see a difference... Don't you have to practice in order to learn something? I mean, I guess I'd rather learn about the world than practice animal skinning."

Moon giggled at her little joke and finally allowed her head to rest on the bed rather than in her hands. She could feel sleep closing in as her eyes became more heavy. She lazily asked her next question, trying to fight the need to sleep.

"So... Which do you think you like more... Birds or.. Butterflies..."

Moon could barely finish her sentence before her voice faded along with her thoughts as she fell asleep. Her wings fully relaxed, and drooped off the sides of the bed, traces of light blue bioluminescence sprinkled between her feathers and at the tips. She had kept them tucked and hidden as much as possible the whole day. It felt so comfy to let them loose she simply couldn't bring them up.

Naraku, Quaesitor and AliceShiki like this.
  18. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well, regarding practice and learning, I would like to explain how I thought about it but it seems that my words won't reach you... since you're already sleeping."
    As for her question regarding birds or butterflies? That's something he would not reply to yet. In any case, it was time for Etum to follow her and head off to sleep. After all, tomorrow morning, they got to go to the butchery to learn a bit more about dismantling. There was an issue though-- when is exactly tomorrow morning? Right when the sun rises or..? Forget about it, and fall asleep, everything will be well.

In any case, somehow, Etum woke up tomorrow at the sunrise and thought it would be a good idea to go as early as possible just in case. And if it's closed? Then, they could just grab some breakfast with the money they obtained the previous day.
    "Moon? Are you up yet?"

SatanicalAngel and Quaesitor like this.
  19. SatanicalAngel

Reading List:
    Link
    At first, Moon heard a familiar voice that did not belong to Etum. It was a woman, who sounded so...soft...and polite. Like love was the only thing she had ever known. It made Moon feel safe and secure. Then suddenly the voice changed into something else. Like a cry of pain. Or was it sadness? Maybe both.

Etum's voice allowed her to come back to her senses. Although she didn't want to open her eyes. But a loud rumble from her tummy told her she should get something to eat before she was too weak. She lazily got up, still refusing to open her eyes. It wasn't until Moon ran into the wall and then stubbed her foot on the bed frame that she really woke up.

"GAGH!! Ouch!!! Why is it that every time I've woken up it's painful?!"

With her hair a complete mess, it was evident Moon was NOT a morning person.
    "Yeah... I'm awake Etum.."

Naraku, AliceShiki and Quaesitor like this.
  20. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    'Let's forget about going to the butcher's right now.'
    Definitively. It was better to be late than to let her go in this state. Camping outside, for sure, is gonna be noisy. At least, it will be lively.

"Morning, we should get breakfast..." before going to work. But let's not mention that either. Etum let out a sigh before opening the bedroom's door to let more light go in.

"Ah yes. I prefer birds over butterflies."
    It was probably not the right moment to reply to her question. In any case, they will hopefully find food at the Guild Hall. Nonetheless, it can be assumed that the quality will be as awful as the lodging.