Recommendations Good Novels on RoyalRoad

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by jad14661, Oct 27, 2020.

1. jad14661

jad14661 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find most of the novels I read on webnovel, novelupdates and its forum and I guess wuxia world, I've read a few novels on royalroad but not many so does anyone have a good recommendation for the site? Please no faceslapping(it can happen if there isnt a lot but if its anything like invincible please dont)

2. Alundric

Alundric Member of Gentleman Alliance

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...
    All in my list are
    Chrysalis
    The Runesmith
    The Most Overpowered Floofer
    Everybody love large chest
    Magic Smithing
    In Loky Honor

Hope you'll like it.

jad14661 likes this.
  3. Joker13

Joker13 Sleep Deprived Fool[Sheepiest sheep to ever sheep]

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of learning is one of my favorites

Kana_SST, nuubman and jad14661 like this.
  4. Fuzed

Fuzed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm writing a novel about legal assassins. It's a mystery, sci-fi, drama genre and the MC is something like Patrick Jane from The Mentalist if he would know how to fight.

Occidendum

[​IMG]

jad14661 likes this.
  5. GH111

GH111 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well my obvious choices would be Mother of Learning and Zombie Knight Saga, but since presuming you have most likely already read them I really don’t have much else to recommend... Royal road definitely has some hidden gems, but I really can’t seem to actually be able to find them either. If anyone else can pitch in and give better recommendations I’d be glad to hear them as well.

jad14661 likes this.
  6. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Tree of Aeons- my first webnovel that got me into webnovels, will always have a special place in my heart. It has world building, re: monster/tree, and so much more

Theifs dungeon- clever as shit reborn dungeon who doesnt know who its past self was, though sus for a human, has a taste for beautiful things. It has a unique tension that makes it morbid and at the same time tragic. An art of a story that was ended midway through a plot, complete my ass.

Abyssal Dungeon- another amazing dungeon story, this ones about a dungeon underwater. Instead of humans, the bad guys are fairies

Snake Report- The reviews mislead me, the snake in all its glory was amazing to read, and the insanity.. god, nothing was more interesting to read insanity done right, in fact there were times where I suspected the author was making the reader go insane, in a good way

Bloom- tree op af, has snake report vibes, it goes from wtf style to holy shit, holllly shit. well tldr, lil tree looking harmless becomes full on badass god eater world eater and most wanted in the multiverse.

Menocht Loop- my substitution for the mandatory loop novels. its not exactly a loop.. its a loop but thats only volume 1. later on it dwells more into politics and action etc

Calamity of a reborn witch- romance slow burn, magic, church, politics. understatement to say its good.

Parasite king- system apocalypse, man forced to parasite a final boss. try at least the first 20, plot kinda stagnates after that

Dungeon Mage- imagine Reverend Insanity, but instead of gu, its a dungeon shard system. incomplete series, author hasnt returned in a year so assume its dropped

Dungeon carl crawl- out of all the "aliens telivising our apocalypse" systems and survival stories, this is the best of the genre/troupe

Chrysalis- human re: monster, mc is an ant surviving in an enormous dungeon that spans the underground of a planet and his adventures and legacy that makes his species reach the pinnacle.

Ben's damn adventure - funniest shit ever, cant stop smiling when you read, an apocalypse not taken serious, system with a personification. honestly have no idea about the direction of this story.

Journey of Black and red- female lead who is a badass, never seen before, vampires done right, perfection, instead of classic europe, it takes place in post independence America and follows history of America accurately.

Healer- not your traditional restart tower climber series. ...it might not even be it for you. Its kinda slow paced and focus on how mcs actions lead to a greater indirect consequence throughout the tower after he turns back time

Never die twice- void herald- about a necromancer who will do everything it takes to achieve his goal for immortality

stranger than fiction- interesting story about this dude who gets isekaed to a dungeon and is the last survivor of dead earth. is stuck with this uppity bitchy goddess and his journey to godhood

Esoteric skeletal dungeon master- funniest shit ive ever read on royal road. my fav work. its basically a satire/parody of a normal isekai troupe

Vaudevillain- honestly reviews on RR speak for themselves.

Rise of the Lord- the ch before the drop were really well written. extensive world building, zero to hero protag. author dropped this story

Melas- the rewrite - its about this reincarnated chick whos op ability is the best sorceress in the world, but like..... whats the point if all sorcerers are being hunted down? she faces moral dilemmas, goes on her own adventure, and over all isnt a piece of shit

Burning stars falling skies- humanity extinct, but alien lizards have taken over their knowledge and decided to rise up to avenge them, if u ignore the plotholes its beautiful and deep

Generic Apocalypse- the chapters are long and few. generic cant describe it. honestly its an interesting twist to the apocalypse system so far with mc being atypical and his powers being one of a kind

Fair Princess- with only 20 ch this ranks as the shortest novel i read, and it was a 4 hour binge worthy series. dont let the description fool you, its nothing about slice of life , the whole story is not about getting a wish from the king but rather the aftermath of what happens when she discovers shes a pricness, and its a masterpiece

Yashima chronicles- about a young neurodivergent chick who gets isekaied under unique circumstances, The deadpan way she views the world is super funny and the misunderstandings that pile up. The running joke here is that she thinks everyones op as shit when she is the true op one

The weirkey chronicles- extremly unique. MC is this cynical jaded man who is back for round 2 for revenge and answers. cultivation system is based on soul homes, a unique concepts thats unhead of

some stories u shoudlnt bother wasting ur time on

bookworld online- garbage plot,i will find the author and burn his novel in front of him

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Haevrus and jad14661 like this.
  7. Aedenvuur

Aedenvuur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Savage Divinity
    Yashima Chronicles
    The Many Lives of Cadence Lee
    Unfathomable Senior
    Delve
    Enlightened Empire
    Forge of Destiny
    So I'm a cat, what now?
    There is no Epic Loot here, Only Puns.
    Empire of Salt
    The Red Lands
    The Power of Ten: Book One: Sama Rantha, and Book Two: The Far Future

jad14661 likes this.
  8. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of Learning
    Re: Trailer Trash
    Azarinth Healer
    He Who Fights With Monsters
    Defiance of the Fall
    Tree of Aeons
    Unbound
    Digital Marine

Those are the ones I liked that I'm either currently reading or they're complete. There are a few others that I like but I either decided to wait to stack up chapters or the stories have been on hiatus for so long that I doubt they'll come back.

TRIBAL2199 and jad14661 like this.
  9. Amplify

Amplify Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a little surprised nobody mentioned Dungeon Heart.

10. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mother of Learning is the undisputed best novel on RR.

If you want a non-human protagonist trying to disguise themselves as human, Super Minion is really good.

Finally, I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, Threadbare. The story of a teddy bear golem who only wants to protect the child he's in charge of.

nuubman, jad14661 and djsosonut like this.
  11. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody gonna mention "Vainqueur the Dragon"? Ok. Read that one. Its really good,

jad14661 likes this.
  12. ALongStringOfNumbers

ALongStringOfNumbers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend anything by this author, https://www.royalroad.com/profile/6277/fictions
    Azarinth Healer, which was mentioned before
    A Journey of Red and Black is fairly good, though maybe not in the genre you are looking for
    There is no Epic Loot here, Only Puns. is a good, comedic dungeon story

ShadowkingMS likes this.
  13. Zerses

Zerses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Zerses

Zerses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. J0HNL8

J0HNL8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Delve

16. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels with less than 100 chapters that are worth checking out, according to me.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/33801/this-quest-is-bullshit - funny, good banter
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/31474/magic-smithing - slow start, but things are picking up
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36049/the-primal-hunter - decent so far
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/31837/everybody-here-is-a-cultivation-idiot - seriously needs an editor, but decent for a parody

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/28601/arrogant-young-master-template-a-variation-4 - (appears abandoned) pretty humorous for a parody
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/31096/dungeon-pearl - (dropped by author) very quirky and cute

KageTokage likes this.
  17. dvces

dvces Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of Randidly Ghosthound +++

18. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Diagon Alleycat

Diagon Alleycat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tree of Aeons is a tale about a tree in a "hard mode" fantasy swords and magic world with a mix of species (elf, human, dwarf, centaur, tree people, a few demons, etc) in it. Especially nice is that many people have different personalities, morals, and different ways of interacting. It's a solid read as it has nice long meaty chapters which don't have "filler". It is also on Scribblehub. TreeTree approves of ebooks; please don't cut down a tree just to print books.

Mediterranean Hegemon of Ancient Greece is an isekai story about a modern age person from China rebirthed as a mercenary in ancient Greece. This is an alternate history type novel and is definitely not a fantasy as there isn't any magic, aliens, Heroes. or OP skills. The author tries not to upset the ancient historical record too much but still manages to have the protagonist live long and prosper. Well, maybe not live long as it's still an ongoing long story. Isn't it over the 2 million word count already?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    jad14661 likes this.
  20. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The wandering inn
    The epilogue
    The lonely light